-=- Game Engines -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
The Engines on which games run all have there own strengh and weeknesses.

My Personal Favoirt Is the Source Engine, which offers a wide varrity of environments, and can support a wide varity of lighting, and who's physics is un-parralleled.

The Exterier is not as Nice as CRY Engine, featured in Far Cry, yet that engine did not have that nice enteriour.

Much unlike the Q4 engine who's Dynamic Lighting and "mood" for entieriour is just simply put, outstanding. YET when enabled, self shadowing leaves to be desired.

Oubnce again, much unlike the engine in "F.E.A.R." (saw the anme somewhere, yet I never saw it again) Who's self shadowing is wonderfull, You actually SEE the player model.

Due to the little varaity of environments in F.E.AR. we have not seen the full potentioal of the engine, The little outside enviroment there was, was left tp be desired, yet this can be remedeed in other games.

DarkC
Source Engine. thumb up

StinkFist462
Originally posted by DarkC
Source Engine. thumb up

Koala MeatPie
If ind the Halo Engine to be God Awful... To me, its not Different the the ORIGNIAL DooM engine, There are no Hallways that go over each other, not even in any of the ships!

Smasandian
SOURCE Engine is pretty versatile.
Doom 3 Engine (not q4) is wicked with lighting.
CryEngine is also good, which can render vast distances, plus with good interior graphics.
The Jupitar Engine (not FEAR engine), is good as stated above.
One you forget is the Unreal Engine.

Koala MeatPie
NEver Played unreal, So I wouldn't know.

And The DooM 3 Engine is being reffered as the Q4 engine in modding/mapping community.

Due to its predecsor (sp... 2 am) the Q3 engine which was revolutionary in its time.

Smasandian
Oh definitly, the Q3 was very good. The Quake 2 was also legendary.

I know it might be referred to Quake 4 engine, but still its the Doom 3 engine.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Smasandian
Oh definitly, the Q3 was very good. The Quake 2 was also legendary.

I know it might be referred to Quake 4 engine, but still its the Doom 3 engine.

I know stick out tongue I have been using it extnsivly...

I still fund that Q3 is more suer friendly.

Smasandian
I heared somewhere that SOURCE is pretty user friendly.

Koala MeatPie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.