Exar Kun vs. Darth Traya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Well...?

Darth Avis
Kun.

IKC
Kun, easily.

calvin44
kun pwns.

darthsith19
Someone said Traya pwns. All of you have said Kun. I'd like to hear whoever it was or somebody else make a stand for Traya.

calvin44
prepare to wait. i dont think theyll show up, for reasons of embarassment.

darthsith19
Originally posted by calvin44
prepare to wait. i dont think theyll show up, for reasons of embarassment.
That's a shame.

calvin44
ya i know. id like to know their logic.

Ianus
Actually, I voted for Traya. She can feed off of the Force of others, until they die (Which for three living, able jedi masters she drained them inside of a second). I don't see any reason or evidence as to why Kun would be able to block such an attack since he never spoke of, learned about, or otherwise used it. Its origins are Malachor V, and he never went there.

So really, there is no case for him just getting by without being eaten.

Darth Avis
that attack that traya uses is drain. Kun should be able to block or at least counter attack.

Ianus
Evidence of this?

Darth Avis
...wiki stick out tongue

calvin44
the evidence is when you control her in kotor.

Ianus
Uh huh. Wiki also says a lot of unsupported things, like that Revan could for sure (They use the terms absolutely sure, I believe) wipe out Bastila and her four jedi friends in the KOTOR intro.

Darth Avis
still it traya DRAINED the force from them and they became meat bags.

calvin44
Originally posted by Ianus
Actually, I voted for Traya. She can feed off of the Force of others, until they die (Which for three living, able jedi masters she drained them inside of a second). I don't see any reason or evidence as to why Kun would be able to block such an attack since he never spoke of, learned about, or otherwise used it. Its origins are Malachor V, and he never went there.

you got your info from kotor about the 3 jedi being drained(vrook, vandar, and some1 i cant remember).

Ianus
Well, it's pretty obvious that she destroyed three jedi masters who were able to Force freeze the Exile with a power "against which there is no defense." If you removed that, Kun would beat her like an Alabama housewife, but since with it she can kill him instantly (unless someone else has amazing evidence which I haven't seen yet in the past six or seven months) she wins this round.

You may not like it, but that's where it is. She may very well be able to destroy everyone in the SW universe with it save fro the Exile and Nihilus because of their natures.

calvin44
youve got a point there.

Ianus
I've been told Kun will just block it, but no evidence has been forth coming. As much as I don't like the idea of Traya being pwnz00rz, it is there.

On the flip side of the coin, if this is Atris as Traya, Kun beats her into nonexistance.

calvin44
poor atris.

Captain REX
No evidence to support this, but her power is probably a highly advanced form of Drain.

Which is still slightly silly, the Force isn't something you absorb...

Ianus
Well, if you're stealing the life of things, you would also absorb the Force as well.

Captain REX
I still don't get where whoever came up with that power got it. Nothing even remotely like it happens in the movies (and yes, I know this is the EU forum). It just seems kind of...overpowered.

calvin44
we can all learn from ianus.

Ianus
Originally posted by Captain REX
I still don't get where whoever came up with that power got it. Nothing even remotely like it happens in the movies (and yes, I know this is the EU forum). It just seems kind of...overpowered.

By that measure, no one shatters stars or freezes anyone in the movies.

Great Vengeance

As much as I respect Kreias power, I think your argument is unfounded based on the fact we know little of Kreias instakill ability and who she would be capable of using it on. Also Exar Kun drains the whole massasi(sp?) race in the comics, so its not like its never been done before.

Ianus
He drains them in a ritual, prepared and such.

Kreia kills three jedi masters with a wave of her hand.

Darth_Glentract
Also, she isn't the first person to learn it. It has to be blockable in some way or another, or else the Sith who invented it(whoever built Malacor V would have killed all of his rivals easily.

Ianus
And let me rephrase my position on her ability...

As it stands now, there are no clear limitations on her ability. ASSUMING that there is indeed no defense (As is the case with Nihilus' ability versus force users) Kun would be destroyed.

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Also, she isn't the first person to learn it. It has to be blockable in some way or another, or else the Sith who invented it(whoever built Malacor V would have killed all of his rivals easily.

"There are techniques in the Force against which there is no defense".

- Kreia, Head Mistress of the Trayus Academy.

Apparently there wasn't a defense against it known.

Darth_Glentract
Known to Kreia, but because of Sith nature, whoever learned that attack would pwn everyone else and then march into the Jedi Temple and destroy the Council. This didn't happen, so there has to be some sort of defense for it. Exar doesn't necessarily know it, so I am not going to give a judgment on this battle(unless I already did on the other page, in which case I take that one back).

Great Vengeance
And let me rephrase my position on her ability...

As it stands now, there are no clear limitations on her ability. ASSUMING that there is indeed no defense (As is the case with Nihilus' ability versus force users) Kun would be destroyed.

Thats bad logic Janus, theres has been no documented case of somone resisting Vaders force choke, does that mean it has no limitations? No.

Ianus
But there ARE documented cases of people resisting Force telekinesis. So it's blockable. But Force drain/eat/mow or whatever is exclusive to the KOTOR era Sith, and there isn't a defense noted against it.

It's faulty logic to say Person A can block it unless they have clearly been able to before. For example, the Exile couldn't be fed on in the same manner by someone who does the ability even better than kreia (Nihilus) because of his nature as a wound in the Force. Thus, we can conclude that individuals like the Exile (Who himself is one of a kind, though maybe Ulic could pull it off) can resist. However, three jedi masters, an entire planet of force users, etc.... all eaten by the power. Apparently one has to be unique to resist it. That's the whole reason for having the Exile.

Darth_Glentract
Apparently later Jedi came up with a defense for the technique. Vergere could completely remove herself from the force and also completely removed Jacen for a time(although Jacen did develop something similar to the force. Imagine a light spectrum. Jedi use and see the visible light, but he then developed the ability to see infra-red, but had to cut himself off from the "visible" force to do so). Point is, apparently, Jedi later developed a defense against it.

Illustrious
It is inaccurate to say there is no limitation to Traya's demonstrated "ability" considering she had multiple other opportunities to do it, but never once attempted to do so. Nihilus on the other hand relies frequently on that ability and it's logical to assume (even if we didn't know for a fact) he doesn't have limitations on that ability.

I'm not so sure it's strictly is a KotOR era ability. There is no mention of Traya creating it or even perfecting it. If it really is an ancient Sith, I'm with Glentract in believing there is a method of resisting it.

Great Vengeance
But there ARE documented cases of people resisting Force telekinesis. So it's blockable. But Force drain/eat/mow or whatever is exclusive to the KOTOR era Sith, and there isn't a defense noted against it.

It's faulty logic to say Person A can block it unless they have clearly been able to before. For example, the Exile couldn't be fed on in the same manner by someone who does the ability even better than kreia (Nihilus) because of his nature as a wound in the Force. Thus, we can conclude that individuals like the Exile (Who himself is one of a kind, though maybe Ulic could pull it off) can resist. However, three jedi masters, an entire planet of force users, etc.... all eaten by the power. Apparently one has to be unique to resist it. That's the whole reason for having the Exile.

1.Exclusive to KOTOR? Ive already shown you Exar used force drain, and as Glentract pointed out the ancient sith most likely invented it. Im not sure force telekinesis and choke are the same, Ill look into it.

2.The whole wound in the force thing that KOTOR II implemented is confusing, I mean if the Exile was truly a void in the force how was he able to use it? Too many unanswered questions.

Darth_Glentract
The Exile was able to draw upon the force by constantly draining energy from those around him, I think.

IKC
You do realize that Kun has his own instakill that he used on Odan-Urr, right?

Kun wins, like I said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.