ESB vs. One Magna Bodyguard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
ESB Luke is Luke from the very end of ESB. The Magna Guard is one of the ones on the Invisible Hand that Obi and Ani fight (ones that can fight headless and don't have guns). Who wins? Personally I think Luke since he gave Vader some trouble.

Ianus
Without a hand? He'd get owned.

calvin44
truely. i dont think darksith19 thought of that though.

Ianus
I love how Luke "giving Vader some trouble" somehow relates to actual ability.

If swinging your bat like you're playing with a pinata at a party is how you defeat powerful opponents, all you fencers and kendo masters have wasted your money; my four year old cousin had the right technique.

DrDoom101
ill give it to the magnaguard.

Ianus
I like how two people voted for ESB "Smooth Hand" Luke against a Magnaguard, something that killed seasoned guards to capture the chancellor.

Apparently this is the two-drink minimum section...

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Ianus
If it is at the end of ESB wouldn't he have his robotic hand?

darthsith19
No, he gets a new one, remember?

I voted for Luke. Seasoned guards? LOL, they got their asses handed to them by Yoda. Luke would at least make Yoda draw his blade.

overlord
New OT story: Magna droid.. Thou art our last hope.
But wait.. There is another.. Yoda, your sister can kill everybody but he has become a drug addict on some swamp planet not caring about the galaxy.

Ianus
Wow. Horrid, horrid logic.

One, Luke was wounded, exhausted and emotionally drained from his fight. He had just recently had surgery. I don't see how he's gonna be a sabergod at this point, and anyone who does needs to get their head examined.

Two, any force user can do what Yoda did (More or less) to a NON FORCE USER. But the royal guards are pretty damn good, according to SW source material, so I suggest you check it out. They have loads of experience and expertise compared to some halftrained amputee farmboy.

overlord
ESB Luke is actually a freaking force noob. He had little to no training at all and Vader just finished the fight when he wanted to.
He probably gets owned by the droid even in fit condition.

Shadow x 20
Vader wanted to end the fight by freezing Luke but he didn't.

The Mangadroid would defeat Luke.

Darth Faunus
MagnaGuard.

Ianus
MangaGuards are amazing monstrosities, capable of huge eyes and special effects.

Ballister
laughing Good one.

darthsith19
Wow. Horrid, horrid logic.

One, Luke was wounded, exhausted and emotionally drained from his fight. He had just recently had surgery. I don't see how he's gonna be a sabergod at this point, and anyone who does needs to get their head examined.

Two, any force user can do what Yoda did (More or less) to a NON FORCE USER. But the royal guards are pretty damn good, according to SW source material, so I suggest you check it out. They have loads of experience and expertise compared to some halftrained amputee farmboy.
1) Okay, maybe he was a bit tired still from the fight but he can't have been that tired. We don't know how much time takes place between the duel and the end. Second, he got a new hand, so what? How would that have any effect on his fighting skills? But if you insist then lets say this is Luke one week after ESB. Then he for sure won't be tired anymore, either.
2) Luke is a Force User. Just because he's not on Yoda's level doesn't mean he isn't good enough to take out two measley guards. And, as someone (can't remember who) pointed out in another thread those were the Red Guards Yoda and the Magna Guards beat, not the Royal Guards.

Well, I knew you would say that, you probably think a Magna Guard would beat Maul.

jollyjim311
I say Luke has enough skill and experience at this point to beat a Magna Guard, I'll elaborate later, I don't have much time.

kamikz
I don't. Luke barley had a weeks traning, he doesent know how to handle a lightsaber well, and the Magna droid was the dangerous "unit" that the jedi could face on the battlefield, and those were experienced jedi. Luke can not use the force properly at this state too.

He would be lucky to get one hit on it, and it would probably continue fighting anyway.

Magna Droid.

Se7in
I agree. Luke is primitive and his third dimension is insufficient to get him a victory. He is no Moon Master. The Magnaguard wins.

Ballister
And MG's are specifically built to fight Jedi, so it could probably beat Luke, who's barely a Jedi at this point.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Well, I knew you would say that, you probably think a Magna Guard would beat Maul.

The hell's wrong with you? That was a spelling correction, not a verdict. Please, think before you post. Or at least read.

Anyway, what's with the pointed remarks? Just because I don't agree with you on the idea that a clone would defeat a killing machine doesn't mean I need to put up with your sour attitude.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
The hell's wrong with you? That was a spelling correction, not a verdict. Please, think before you post. Or at least read.

Anyway, what's with the pointed remarks? Just because I don't agree with you on the idea that a clone would defeat a killing machine doesn't mean I need to put up with your sour attitude.
Oh, you were trying tell me there's no space between magna and guard? I did read it. I assumed you were saying the Magnaguard would win. Sorry.

Darth Faunus
No, I was trying to correct Ballister on his 'mangadroid'.

Apology accepted. Good to know humility's still alive and well in these parts.

Ballister
That was Shadow x 20, not me. Read his post on the first page.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.