Question about Marvel/DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blood_Rayne
In all of the Marvel/DC crossovers do the heros from each side retain any memories or do they forget everything when they return to there own world?

jrodslam
I think they do forget. Then when ever they see one from the other Earth, everything comes back to them like dejavu.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
In all of the Marvel/DC crossovers do the heros from each side retain any memories or do they forget everything when they return to there own world? Well since they're not canon, and it doesn't involve the 616 characters for marvel, unless they refernce it in like a handbook or something.

That's why they don't remember it, because to them it didn't happen.

Blood_Rayne
I noticed that in Marvel Vs. DC Joker remembered Spider-Man but Spider-Man didn't know who the Joker was why is that?

By the way nice sig big grin

Creshosk
I noticed that in Marvel Vs. DC Joker remembered Spider-Man but Spider-Man didn't know who the Joker was why is that? Different Spiderman. It's rather tricky, considering the way marvel has thier multiverse set up. 616 is the numerical designation for the mainstream canon occurances of events.

So while that joker joker may have encontered something like 9205 Spiderman the first time, it might have been like 9615 Spiderman the second time. Since the two spidermen would have bee identicle, much like encountering someone's twin, you'd remember meeting the first sibling, but the second sibling would have no memory of you.

By the way nice sig big grin Thanks, you too. smile

steverules
That spidey was a clone of the normal spidey. His name was Ben Reilly, he didn't know him but peter did. Although I still don't get how spidey got to gotham city in the spider-man and batman comic, how did he get from one universe to the next?

roughrider
Only the recent Avengers/JLA seems to change this; they met for the (seemingly) first time, and that it's a recognized event in the history of both Universes, aka its Canon.
All previous crossovers, the atitude has either been they have shared this world the whole time, or the meetings & memories ultimately get wiped from existence aka DC/Marvel All Access.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.