What makes you mad/annoyed in Rpgs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
To me I hate when you or fighting the ultimate demon lord thing or monster fighting for your life and it needs one more hit to die and you need 5 more hits to die, but it's your turn. Then when you charge at it it dodges on purpose and take 7 turns!!! 7 turns straight just to kill you, which makes me mad because they skip my turn to make the cpu win.

Next thing I hate is when i think I am winning the monster heals all the way and I am dead...all that time.

I also hate when you find a villiage and they either say look for my son/daughter who got lost or find the sword of Omega in the north eat cave of watu. mad They are just lazy to get it themselves, and they don't even give you a map.

Oh yeah I hate when you find a store and see the ultimate weapon for 200 but you only have 199 so you have to leave mad

Ok so what do you guys hate about rpgs

Well I still love the rphs smile

El_NINO
If anyone has ever played for PS1 'Legend of the Dragoon' (a really cool game) I remember fighting a boss who for some reason when I needed 1 more hit and had 3 or 4 hits left for me to die, would always dodge and take 2 turns to kill me.

mad

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by El_NINO
If anyone has ever played for PS1 'Legend of the Dragoon' (a really cool game) I remember fighting a boss who for some reason when I needed 1 more hit and had 3 or 4 hits left for me to die, would always dodge and take 2 turns to kill me.

mad

laughing out loud

mad

DarkC
In World of WarCraft, the demons follow you a bit longer than their usual territory and use slow on you. It's really frustrating.

Lana
Easy way to get around the 'he killed me' thing....instead of attacking that turn, heal yourself wink

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
Easy way to get around the 'he killed me' thing....instead of attacking that turn, heal yourself wink

true but then the monster goes oh snap and heals himself as well and attack in the same crap turn sad and some times I run out, thats iwhy

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by DarkC
In World of WarCraft, the demons follow you a bit longer than their usual territory and use slow on you. It's really frustrating.

that sucks laughing out loud

TwisterGameX
Oh yeah another thing that makes me mad is that when you are weakened or something and you didn't save then a huge ass boss comes out of no where to claim your life. Then all your weapons and stuff are gone if you loose and some time syou are not sure where the hell you found it.

DarkC
As a warrior, you can use one healing potion to heal yourself. Pretty much it.

SaTsuJiN
in final fantasy (not the mmo) - getting sucked into random battles.. I liked the chrono trigger style where you could avoid the mobs if you wanted to

world of warcraft - getting 'dazed' in 1 hit as you sail by at 60%+ movement speed, causing you to get knocked off your mount -_-....

Maestro
Two things

1. The game being too short, therefore waste of money e.g Fable, but it made up for the gameplay but would of been good if it was longer.
2. If the final boss is too easy to kill e.g Jack of hearts in Fable was probably the easiest boss I've ever beat.

Draco69
The most annoying feature by far was the Trance system in FF9.

Shadow x 20
I hate that most RPGs are no longer exciting. More then half of them are just Japanese bull s*** trying to sell out in America. I also hate the turn based system on most of the RPGs where no matter which RPG it is, if it is turn based it all feels the same. I also have how all the main characters are either always serious or so jumpy they seem gay. I also hate the fact that the RPGs (most of them) try to be funny but actually their jokes just suck. I hate how must RPGs will have that stupid level up system (like on Fable) when no one cares about it. I also hate RPGs that build up this huge climax with the last boss and it turns out the last boss is a big pussy where you didn't even have to try to kill and you still win (Mithos) and some secret bosses are so freaking hard you can be maxed out and still get pwned (Ozama) or how they will always build a romance between two characters and at the end...you see nothing going on with them anymore.

TwisterGameX
Tales of S is not turned base, so get it.

willRules
I hate it when you can only unlock something at a specific point in the game, because I always end up saving my game just after that point.......... mad

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Tales of S is not turned base, so get it.
What are you talking about? I never said Tales of S. was turned based. I have Tales and beaten it three times

Red Superfly
In MMO's - Bad team-mates. Say you are a sniper, and you get everyone ready - you take your shot, and the group of enemies charge you're squad. The idiot "tanker" won't aggro (attack the squad so they focus on him rather than me, the less-HP sniper) and I die. Teams like that really suck and sap all the fun out of the game.

MMOs again - when some idiot aggros a bunch of high level enemies and runs away - in your direction. You are just stood in an open field only for some idiot to go running past, and his horde of double-my-level enemies attack you. Idiots.

MMOS do my head in and I don't play them anymore. Constant nerfing and updates and rule changes, to hell with it.

I always hate the start of most RPGs, or parts of RPGs where they make the lifespan longer by giving you lame "messenger" quests where you run from person to person. I think Zelda usually does a good job by only ever having one or two messenger tasks per game, and they actually make it fun. Repeating tasks in some RPGs just to level up is also a real ballache.

Also, if there is a village on fire/village has been burned, you can bet that you are playing an RPG.

Mišt
LOTR: The Third Age - I get one attack turn for each character, 3 in total, then the enemy gets like 3 attack turns for each of their 3 characters. I cant heal or anything since they keep attacking, it pisses me off. mad

And fighting bosses that take off half your health in one hit. You have to waste your turn healing, then they hit you again and take it all back! mad

Shadow x 20
The Third Age is one of the worse RPGs ever. The only part I liked was fighting the Balrog.

exanda kane
I tried playing LOTR: The Third Age again and remembered how boring it was. Everything's bleak and grey and the battles are more annoying than FF random battles.

It's all about KOTOR and Morrowind for me. There's flaws in both, but the main flaw in Morrowind is the combat system; how simple was it!

Lana
Originally posted by Red Superfly
In MMO's - Bad team-mates. Say you are a sniper, and you get everyone ready - you take your shot, and the group of enemies charge you're squad. The idiot "tanker" won't aggro (attack the squad so they focus on him rather than me, the less-HP sniper) and I die. Teams like that really suck and sap all the fun out of the game.

MMOs again - when some idiot aggros a bunch of high level enemies and runs away - in your direction. You are just stood in an open field only for some idiot to go running past, and his horde of double-my-level enemies attack you. Idiots.

MMOS do my head in and I don't play them anymore. Constant nerfing and updates and rule changes, to hell with it.

I always hate the start of most RPGs, or parts of RPGs where they make the lifespan longer by giving you lame "messenger" quests where you run from person to person. I think Zelda usually does a good job by only ever having one or two messenger tasks per game, and they actually make it fun. Repeating tasks in some RPGs just to level up is also a real ballache.

Also, if there is a village on fire/village has been burned, you can bet that you are playing an RPG.

I usually play MMOs on my own or with one friend, so I never have to deal with those problems....what I hate is in MMOs like Ragnarok, when it's a PK server, I'll be trying to level and fighting some big monster, and some random person will wait until I kill it, then attack me before I get to heal myself, and steal all the dropped items. Or when I'll be buying/selling stuff in a shop and someone will just come up and attack me because I can't defend at that moment. ****ers.

forumcrew
all of your reasons are why what i hate is being turned based.. its just a lame idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.