AMV Anime -V- OAV Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aijin Syanukiy
I don't mean to pick on the different versions of anime, but I must admit that the OAV's of anime are always much better than theAMV's. I hate it when we turn a classic anime into a "more suitable" version. Take Ghost in The Shell for instance. Is it not better in it's original form?

Lana
...AMV means 'anime music video'.

Aijin Syanukiy
I'm talking in different turms than that I'm saying American Version. And Original Anime Version.

Lana
Those aren't the proper terms. The American version is dubbed, the original version is subbed. OAV generally is used to refer to an anime series that is based off an anime movie. It stands for 'original anime video'.

XxILuvVegetaxX
yup wut she ^ said ^_^ but wut exactly are you trying to say? ur confusing me....
if you're refering to dubbed versions...wut? they change the words around a lil but thats pretty much it....idk >_<

Lana
Actually, most anime to get edited while being dubbed for English audiences....some are only a few words getting changed, but sometimes it's as much as entire scenes or even episodes getting cut out.

XxILuvVegetaxX
yea thats tru, but then it also depends where u live too rite? i thnk in UK its more censored than wut we get here in da US (not really sure tho) but Que sera sera! ^_^

Lana
Actually, I would think that it would be LESS censored there....but so far as I know they get the same versions as the US. I'm not sure though, I'd have to check with some of my friends over there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.