Game series that lost their touch : (

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Halo 1 was great to me but 2 sad then there was Prince of persai 1 smile then 2 no expression and now 3 sad

Mario 1 smile 2 smile 3 smile 8,0000 tennis,party,soccer,baseball sad

Sonic smile shadow with a gun sad

Doesn't mean they are bad game sbut I don't know how to describe it. I guess it's not the same.

JToTheP
MGS2 almost destroyed the series, 3 is the best entry
Shadow The Hedgehog is a SPIN-OFF, just cuz Sonic's in it, doesnt mean it applies to his series directly
According to fans, Halo 2 is superior to 1 due to the online gameplay.
Final Fantasy suicided with FF7, and the 10 Saga
Mario sports games dont count toward the numerical series...I mean come ON....Mario 128 is coming out for Revolution, which is the sequal to 64...so it'll be FINE.
Devil May Cry 2 was nearly the end of the series' trademark difficulty, but the gameplay saved it, while 3 made it even better.
Prince Of Persia 2 was an accident in itself, how so many glitches slipped by is beyond me, but I will get through it myself. I see no problems with 3 already, unless I start to see 'Glitch FAQs' stick out tongue

Koala MeatPie
Prince Of Persia 1 was 2D and you ahd 120 to get through the maze.

Any Sonic that isn't 2D, and isn't on SEGA.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by JToTheP
MGS2 almost destroyed the series, 3 is the best entry
Shadow The Hedgehog is a SPIN-OFF, just cuz Sonic's in it, doesnt mean it applies to his series directly
According to fans, Halo 2 is superior to 1 due to the online gameplay.
Final Fantasy suicided with FF7, and the 10 Saga
Mario sports games dont count toward the numerical series...I mean come ON....Mario 128 is coming out for Revolution, which is the sequal to 64...so it'll be FINE.
Devil May Cry 2 was nearly the end of the series' trademark difficulty, but the gameplay saved it, while 3 made it even better.
Prince Of Persia 2 was an accident in itself, how so many glitches slipped by is beyond me, but I will get through it myself. I see no problems with 3 already, unless I start to see 'Glitch FAQs' stick out tongue

Mgs2 was garbage and I am not sure why people say it's the best. You don't even play as snake damnit mad

i agree, 3 is my favorite.

oh well mario 128 should be good but thought they were up to 800000000

Well sonic heroes failed with that 3 people garbage.

SaTsuJiN
sonic desperately needs something refreshing.. the sonic adventure series was just depressing... I really enjoyed Sonic R for saturn.. wish they'd do something like that again.. (the music was great too.. voice singing for every stage, which I play on my cd player sometimes)

NiGHTS needs to come back also.. such a creative game on an innocent level.. another sonic team gem with great music... but now everything sonic team touches turns to crap.. did they change their employees or something? lol

TwisterGameX
I heard nights is coming back maybe along with vector man.

Well Sonic music is trash now because the orignal people that did it left sega now it's like rock.

hotsauce6548
Vector man. droolio

Still have a copy up in my room. wink

StinkFist462
Knights Of The Old Republic 2 killed KOTOR

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by StinkFist462

When I played KOTOR i was like OMG! I am standing on a lpatForm of a Planet 2,000 years before A new hope, and this planet will not exist soon.

It was soo nostalgic it was amazing.

Nactous
Originally posted by StinkFist462
I cant believe it, that someone made a KotOR comment before me.
I wouldnt go as far to say it ruined it, but it cant compete with the first.

thomasgeorge
GTA

darth_royke
tony hawks. however, with american wasteland it got back to being good again. not often a series does that.

gta i dont think so... its added each time and last time was incredible how much they were able to fit in. and as for mario? as soon as it went 3d i lost interest.

thomasgeorge... plagebearer? interesting....

Darth Jello
The Castlevania series and the main megaman games (not the exe ones) really need a shot in the arm.
I can honestly say that Circle of the Moon and the two N64 games were on the shittier side.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Nactous
I cant believe it, that someone made a KotOR comment before me.
I wouldnt go as far to say it ruined it, but it cant compete with the first.

I agree with you on KOTOR. The sequel may have been a disappointment that doesn't mean the series lost their touch. If there is a KOTOR III and sucks then yeah, is pretty much over.

Here is my list of series that lost their touch:

Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Anything with Mario
Dinasty Warriors

And of course Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by WindDancer
I agree with you on KOTOR. The sequel may have been a disappointment that doesn't mean the series lost their touch. If there is a KOTOR III and sucks then yeah, is pretty much over.

Here is my list of series that lost their touch:

Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Anything with Mario
Dinasty Warriors

And of course Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

All D. warriors games are the same with a new animal added

WindDancer
Yeah, I don't see the point in buying a sequel. They've become rather repetitive in some sense. Romance of the Three Kingdoms was a personal favorite but they also become repetitive.

TwisterGameX
then the makers go make a game....same shit but takes place in japan...sam warriors or some crap.

JacopeX
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Halo 1 was great to me but 2 sad then there was Prince of persai 1 smile then 2 no expression and now 3 sad

Mario 1 smile 2 smile 3 smile 8,0000 tennis,party,soccer,baseball sad

Sonic smile shadow with a gun sad

Doesn't mean they are bad game sbut I don't know how to describe it. I guess it's not the same.

Actually soccer is growing

Draco69
Mario Party....

The Suikoden series.

Xenogears saga.

Red Superfly
Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas, although bigger, and supposedly better, just didn't "do it" for me. The bigger maps, the streaming off the disc, the overwhelming nature and the MANY bugs really did my head in.

Sonic - It's been dead since the switch to 3D.

Mario - Nothing worth playing since 64.

exanda kane
GTA San Andreas just didnt impress me - yes its bigger, you can do aot more but...wears the pastel suits? wears the 80s music? wheres the nostalgia?

KOTOR 2 did definetly slow down KOTOR - I just hope KOTOR 3 (if its ever happening) canget it back on track.

FF7 was great - FF8 went downhill for me but FF9 took it back...then FF10 happened...then FF10-2 happened...i dont like anymore

apoc001
FF is just dying now. 7 and 9 were cool, but now it's just boring.

MK is obviously running out of ideas for games, and fast.

Halo 2 was not much better than 1. Actually, I like 1 better because there's more levels where you can fight alongside marines, and more levels where you turn around the corner and see total warfare. In 2 it was pretty much run, shoot him, run, shoot him, oh boy, a sword! Kill him. You know what I mean? I like shooting games where you're actually in a war, and not just some top security building. In fact, the only thing's 2 had going for it was that you could use 2 weapons (big whoop), blow up vehicles (oooh, I wanted to use that), and hijack vehicles. Not much difference in gameplay.

El_NINO
Originally posted by apoc001
FF is just dying now. 7 and 9 were cool, but now it's just boring.

MK is obviously running out of ideas for games, and fast.

Halo 2 was not much better than 1. Actually, I like 1 better because there's more levels where you can fight alongside marines, and more levels where you turn around the corner and see total warfare. In 2 it was pretty much run, shoot him, run, shoot him, oh boy, a sword! Kill him. You know what I mean? I like shooting games where you're actually in a war, and not just some top security building. In fact, the only thing's 2 had going for it was that you could use 2 weapons (big whoop), blow up vehicles (oooh, I wanted to use that), and hijack vehicles. Not much difference in gameplay.

Did you ever consider the story line?

I like games based on storylines (well the ones that have a storyline anyways)

My votes goes to NINTENDO in general. They keep repeating the same games over and over and over. Which is why they lose to PS and Microsoft. NOthing original is commong out for them except for the handhelds which is whats keeping them alive right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.