Darth Bane Novel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Well, there you have it. Go to the OS and check it out.

Darth Faunus
All I can say is that I hope to hell Luceno writes it. He's currently the only good SW author out there, with the notable exceptions of Steven Barnes, and possibly Stover.

SS_181st_Snow
What about Kevin J. Anderson? I think he's perdy good.

Darth Faunus
If he's a post-ROTJ author, I doubt it. That's not to say that there aren't any other decent authors. But Luceno is undeniably at the top of the list.

SS_181st_Snow
He is kinda post-ROTJ, he did the Jedi Academy trilogy, along with the Young Jedi Knights books, and DarkSaber, one of my fav novels.

SnakeEyes
that's wierd, because in my "Which Character" thread, I thought it would be cool to have a book on Bane, and now there's one being written. Coincidence... I think not! Anyway, it's not coming out till October of next year, so it's a ways off.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20051130.html

overlord
That can't be coincidence! You must be magical! Please throw me in some good points in the afterlife!

Darth_Glentract
I think Zahn is better than Luceno, the typos in his books always kick my attention out of the book.

Darth Faunus
That's the fault of something called an editor. wink

Luceno's might not be the greatest, but if you're implying a typo or two is going to decimate the storyline, then I don't know what to say.

General Zink
It's by someone called Drew Karypyshyn.

Ianus
Oh joy. There goes any hope.

And Stover totally killed his rep with the Episode III book. Luceno is the undisputed PT era story master, with Barnes and possibly Stewart hot on his tail.

Post OT? I hear all this great stuff from Zahn, but I haven't read it myself.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
That's the fault of something called an editor. wink

Luceno's might not be the greatest, but if you're implying a typo or two is going to decimate the storyline, then I don't know what to say.

The editor will catch most of the mistakes in the book, but I just wonder how many there were to begin with. It's just distracting to me.

Ianus
I really don't catch very many typos in Luceno's work. I guess I'd have to really look for them.

Darth Faunus
It really doesn't matter. Unless you have an author who typos like xyz and tulak over here, the story remains unaffected. And I have yet to read a novel of Luceno's or Barnes's that hasn't gotten me completely absored into it.

And Janus, what did Stewart write? Was he the author of the MedStar duology?

OBI-Ninja
Are you talking about Sean Stewart? If so, then I believe he wrote Dark Rendezvous

Darth_Glentract
Troy Denning is above average because of Star by Star, as does the guy who wrote Traitor(even if the philosophy was laid on to think, I liked the fights).

The worst is definately Vondan McIntyre because of the Crystal Star. Doctors warning, Do not read that book. I repeat do not read that book.

Ianus
Yup. Stewart wrote Dark Rendevous.

Alkaselzer
Drew Karpyshyn, commissioned with this Darth Bane novel, wrote the story and plot of KOTOR.

Not sure if that is good or bad.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Drew Karpyshyn, commissioned with this Darth Bane novel, wrote the story and plot of KOTOR.

Well this should be interesting.

SnakeEyes
I have high hopes for this novel. I just wish it was coming out sooner...

Darth Jello
There's a picture of bane that absolutely floored me when I saw it. It was fanmade (and i can't find it anymore) and was made before any of the official artwork of Bane came out.
Basically, it just pictured Bane's head. He's wearing an ancient steel battle helmet that looks exactly like Vader's helmet/mask. There are no lenses over the eyes revealing blood red and yellow eyes similar to anakin after turning and the facial portion ends at the cheek bones, revealing a grimacing mouth lined with sharpened, pointed teeth. That's an image of Bane i'd like to see canonized in some official source. Maybe on the book cover (seeing as those orbelisk things made him look pretty horrific).

Nactous

KotOR!!!!!

truejedi
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Oh joy. There goes any hope.

And Stover totally killed his rep with the Episode III book. Luceno is the undisputed PT era story master, with Barnes and possibly Stewart hot on his tail.

Post OT? I hear all this great stuff from Zahn, but I haven't read it myself.

I really liked the episode 3 book actually...

Numan
They should make a book on Marka Ragnos, so we can really see how powerful he is.

Julie
when's it scheduled to come out????? years? Darth BAne....wasn't he long long long before the movies?

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Numan
They should make a book on Marka Ragnos, so we can really see how powerful he is.
Read Tales of the Jedibig grinark lords of the sith...it's a dark horse comic.

office jesus
The Episode III book wasn't bad. I kind of enjoyed it. If you're looking for Post ROTJ stuff, look no further than Timothy Zahn. One of the best. Never really read any of the prequel stuff. I need to though. Hm.

Numan
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Read Tales of the Jedibig grinark lords of the sith...it's a dark horse comic.

I mean during his 100 year rule. It would be good to see Simus also. I mean he must have lost a lot of mid-chlorians when he was decapitated, and yet he still has enough force power to keep himself alive as only a head.

DarthBanevv
How was the Bane character made up? I never saw even a reference about him until I started going to super shadow.com...wasn't fooled by him just wanted to read it for laughs. And now they are making a book about Bane? When was he mentioned before?

DarthBanevv

Not sure if that is good or bad. I liked the plot for KotoR.

Captain REX
Darth Bane was a Sith Lord created for the Jedi vs. Sith comics, in which he was a Sith Lord who despised the current Dark Lord of the Sith, Lord Kaan, and hated how the Sith were horrible at teamwork and suspicious of one another, so he let them doom themselves, and took an apprentice, Darth Zannah.

He founded the Rule of Two.

However, this depiction of the Rule of Two makes me curious as to why Yoda knows about it. Oh well.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
I liked the plot for KotoR. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.