NJO Kyle and NJO Jaden vs. ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpiritOfTheDead
Who prevails? Can the master-apprentice team take down this cunning sith lord?

OBI-Ninja
I say Kyle and Jaden have this. Personally, I consider Katarn to be almost on Sidious's level in force powers and fighting abilities. Yes, he is still inferior to Sidious but not by much. Throwing in Jaden will give him that push he needs to prevail.

Darth_Glentract
^agreed.

Se7in
^agreed

Ianus
I hate to be the one to point this out, but Jaden doesn't have any canonical abilities to speak of... how can you argue his presence as a benefit to Kyle versus Sidious?

OBI-Ninja
Are you saying that The Jedi Academy game isn't cannon or something? Not trying to sound mad, but just asking.

Darth_Glentract
Janus, Jacen did defeat Tavion, who is powerful, and he did defeat Ragnos. Now, I agree with you that he didn't kill as many Reborn as seen in the game, but he did kill a lot of them.

Now, Jacen isn't on the level of Sidious on his own, but he is enough to add the extra pudh to let Kyle defeat Sidious.

Ianus
Well, what's the official ending? And really, how do you compare Jaden to anyone else? Cutscenes that are embraced by the EU continuity can be used, but to my knowledge there isn't much on that. I heard that lightside, male was the canon Jaden, but little else.

OBI-Ninja
you mean Jaden right?

Se7in
Okay, canonically Jaden has to at least be able to beat Tavion and her Ragnos-possessed form. He also, if he is Dark Side, be able to canonically defeat Kyle.

OBI-Ninja
He only defeated Kyle because he stunned him with the sceptre. And I believe that the lightside ending is the canonical ending. But true, he did defeat Tavion, who really wasn't too much of a slouch.

Darth_Glentract
He is lightside, because in the Darkside he goes on to become an Imperial Warlord, which there is not mention of in other sources. He also goes to help Katarn around a decade or so after JA.

And Janus, does it make any sense for it to be canon for the player to NOT finish the game? Now that I think about it, I think he kills Tavion and RagnosTavion in either ending, doesn't he?

Ianus
Uh, why the hell are you posting to me twice? When did I ever talk about the character not finishing the game?

Se7in
^True, by that logic, Revan could have got his ass handed to him by some random Rodian in a bar.

Darth_Glentract
Cutscenes that are embraced by the EU continuity can be used, but to my knowledge there isn't much on that.

I was just saying that cutscenes aren't necessary for what I said to be canon in this instance.

Other than that, I was just saying what I think the official ending is.

Ianus
They aren't neccessary, but when you're trying to prove ability and skill (And not just point to random, undefined feats) cutscenes are better sources. For example, I could say that Revan pwnz00rs Sidious, but when have I ever seen him fight? I haven't. I can list feats, but that only goes so far. Cutscenes or more detailed combat scenes such as in books, comics, or movies will always be more convincing than just an end result.

I mean, TPM Annie blew up a Trade Federation ship, almost unwittingly. Does this make him uber? Not neccessarily.

Escape81
Jaden is an unknown for me, other than his defeating Tavion. Tavion is weaker than Desann, who is on Jerec's level, who was weaker than Vader, who would be the toilet paper on which Palpatine would wipe his wrinkly old ass with, so I don't know.

Kyle owns though. Maybe add someone else in.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Ianus
They aren't neccessary, but when you're trying to prove ability and skill (And not just point to random, undefined feats) cutscenes are better sources. For example, I could say that Revan pwnz00rs Sidious, but when have I ever seen him fight? I haven't. I can list feats, but that only goes so far. Cutscenes or more detailed combat scenes such as in books, comics, or movies will always be more convincing than just an end result.

I mean, TPM Annie blew up a Trade Federation ship, almost unwittingly. Does this make him uber? Not neccessarily.

What Anakin did in TPM is unrelated. To win the game, you have to defeat Ragnos/Tavion in lightsaber combat and there are no factors that allow Jaden to cheapshot Ragnos/Tavion(you can't shoot her with a proton torpedo, for instance). Therefor Jaden defeating Ragnos/Tavion in combat is canonly through fighting prowless.

Brotz
Kyle Katarn and Jaden Korr are powerful, but they would have little chance of surviving, let alone defeating, Sidious. His lightsaber form is designed to fight against multiple Jedi opponents. Still, I think this would be a tough battle for Sidious.

stunna1773
if sidious would win he would probably barely be able to walk or even be crippled and lost a hand maybe

fisto/katarnrul
Kyle and Jaden would defeat sidious but almost surly jaden would die because remember kyle has the power of the vally of the jedi

Darth Takáta
Did kyle become a master at any point?

overlord
Haha, fanboy on the prowl! All he achieves is making us hate Kyle Katarn.

kamikz
And Fisto.

Darth Takáta
Originally posted by overlord
Haha, fanboy on the prowl! All he achieves is making us hate Kyle Katarn.

me?

kamikz
No not you.

overlord
Duh..
The kid with "Fisto/Katarnrul" as name.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.