DE Palpatine and DE Luke vs. ROTS Yoda and ROTS Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Faunus
The reborn Dark Lord and his powerful new apprentice are confronted by Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu on the bridge of the Eclipse.

IKC
Dark team wins, definitely.

Sidious was a match for both Jedi Masters during ROTS times. In DE, he'd curbstomp them.

Escape81
I agree. DE Sidious could take on Yoda or Mace and annihilate either of them. With Luke, it's merely overkill.

Darth_Glentract
Dark Team wins, but doesn't pwn them.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Dark Team wins, but doesn't pwn them.

Yes. If Exar Kun could pwn Yoda or Mace, so could DE Sidious. He would crush either of them. So let's say if Mace kills DE Luke, by that time, Yoda would be dead - and Mace would be, borrowing Ianus's phrase, "saber-raped".

Darth_Glentract
DE Sidious lost to JA Luke and JA Leia. He isn't as uber as you are making him out to be. What else does he have other than transporting Luke across the galaxy. He also made the force storms, but Luke and Leia were able to overpower those and make him lose control of them, destroying the Eclipse. Since Leia did like nothing(since she is still weaker than a weak Jedi Knight even 20 years after DE), Luke must have done most of the work. Yoda is probably at least as good as DE Luke. Therefor, DE guys win, but not by a ton.

Ianus
Yoda is almost as good as DE Luke?

That's a scary thought there.

Darth_Glentract
If you are refering to my post, I said at least as good.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Escape81
Yes. If Exar Kun could pwn Yoda or Mace, so could DE Sidious. He would crush either of them. So let's say if Mace kills DE Luke, by that time, Yoda would be dead - and Mace would be, borrowing Ianus's phrase, "saber-raped".

Just out of curiosity, how is DE Sidious suddenly leagues upon leagues above Yoda in dueling ability? Admittedly, he'd decimate him from a range with Force powers, but at sword-range? I think he's improved enough to take out Yoda in saber-combat, but not enough to 'saber-rape' him. And would he be able to do so before Luke falls to Mace?

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
If you are refering to my post, I said at least as good.

Yes, I see that. Just a scary thought that Luke became nearly as good or possibly better than Yoda in a few short years. Totally ridiculous, even.

Darth_Glentract
Well, by now he has a decade of training in the force, along with the Kaiburr Crystal, and the big find, an small sized Jedi Library to learn from.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Ianus
Yes, I see that. Just a scary thought that Luke became nearly as good or possibly better than Yoda in a few short years. Totally ridiculous, even.

He isn't, really. Luke at this point is very good, granted. But I highly doubt that he can threaten either of these two Jedi Masters at this point.

Ianus
Yeah, I don't think DE Luke was that good, either.

Darth Faunus
I don't want to sound like I'm downgrading him. I've recently begun to find him intriguing. But realistically, I don't see him threatening these two. Mace alone has more than forty years of experience on Luke, and Yoda -- well, I don't need to go into that.

Ianus
Yeah. And didn't DE Luke submit to Sidious because he knew he couldn't defeat him initially or something?

Darth Faunus
Yep. He knew that Palpatine was far too powerful to defeat, so he joined him to learn the source of his power, to defeat him from within. Just like Quinlan Vos did with Dooku. But both of them almost fell to the temptations of the Dark Side, and it took someone very close to bring them back.

Off topic, but I've heard that Vos's "wife", Khaleen, may have given birth to Mara Jade. That would be interesting.

Ianus
Where'd you hear this? I heard she was one of Nejaa's kids or something.

Darth_Glentract
Corran is Nejaa's son, I think. Maybe his great uncle.

I personally thought Mara was Vima's daughter.

Ianus
No, Glentract's right. I heard it was Vima's daughter. Not sure why Nejaa popped in my mind.

Darth_Glentract
Wikicities does state Vos as possbile though, since there is nothing canon on it. Vima does seem the most likely to me though.

Escape81
DE Sidious has the experience he had as his ROTS version, combined with a decade of extensive training, a youthful body, and multiple Jedi and Sith holocrons. ROTS Sidious gave Yoda a run for his money, so combine this with his newfound training - he would defeat Yoda as well in saber combat, I'd guarentee it.

Regarding Luke and Leia. Yes, they stopped Palpatine's Force Storm. But surprisingly, they never achieved the feat a second time, and both engaged Palpatine on multiple occasions and barely escaped with their lives. They did not overpower the Force Storm, either. They temporarily managed to combine their powers and bloodline into cutting the Emperor off from the Force for a few seconds. That few seconds was enough for the Storm to backfire, kill him, and destroy the Eclipse.

darthsith19
Sorry for my agnorance, but what is DE? I havn't read any pre-ROTJ books save for a few young reader novels when I was younger. Can someone tell me all the different versions of Luke in chronological order?

Darth_Glentract
Alright.

Sperm,
ANH,
ESB,
ROTJ,
DE
JA
NJO
DN

darthsith19
LOL, thanks Glentract.

Darth Avis
vima can't be maras mom. can you imagine her doing IT! Sick and WRONG!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.