wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mentalguy
I was just wondering, if the U.S. went to war with England, who'd win?

Snoopbert
The US... until the rest of the world rallied behind England and China used it as an excuse to nuke us.

mentalguy
i dont think the rest of the world would. the us has better wepons than the rest of the world combined. the only thing beating the us is chinas army population.

gunsmilie

amity75
As a Scotsman I'd like to see it being a draw.

Barker
Originally posted by Snoopbert
The US... until the rest of the world rallied behind England and China used it as an excuse to nuke us.
laughing out loud Exactly...

Darth_Erebus

China has an estimated 400 nukes compared to America's 10,000. Not to mention our long range ballistic missle technology is much better than theirs. Then there's our nuclear missle subs which China doesn't have. China could only stand against the US in a conventional ground war fought in or around China. They currently do not have the capacity to move their large army any kind of distance. As for the original poll question, The US would destroy the UK in a war, but why would we want to?

FeceMan
Wow. I think the threadmaker might have been serious, but this is such a...

Oh, what the hell does it matter.

IT'S THAT DAMN 'T' WORD.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
Wow. I think the threadmaker might have been serious, but this is such a...

Oh, what the hell does it matter.

IT'S THAT DAMN 'T' WORD.

99% of me agrees with you. However, that one remaining percent thinks that it's an okay question. But, that one percent is left asking: How the HELL is that ever going to happen? We're practically the same country.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
99% of me agrees with you. However, that one remaining percent thinks that it's an okay question. But, that one percent is left asking: How the HELL is that ever going to happen? We're practically the same country.
It's not going to happen (thank goodness). However, the question itself is like asking, "What would you do if I banged your girlfriend (or, in your case, boyfriend)?" It's mean to stir up trouble (unless he's being completely serious, in which case he might be innocent due to youthfulness).

Capt_Fantastic
It's not going to happen (thank goodness). However, the question itself is like asking, "What would you do if I banged your girlfriend (or, in your case, boyfriend)?" It's mean to stir up trouble (unless he's being completely serious, in which case he might be innocent due to youthfulness).

Absolutely, I agree.

jaden101
Originally posted by amity75
As a Scotsman I'd like to see it being a draw.

i presume being a draw, you mean mutualy assured destruction stick out tongue

KidRock
Originally posted by mentalguy

We already kicked their ass once.. WE WILL DO IT AGAIN! rock

mentalguy
no i dont want to see it happen

but i think america would win

Alpha Centauri
I do think it's a bit demeaning to call England, a country rich in literary, artistic and various other kind of heritages, very much the senior of the two, the same country as America more or less.

No offense to America, of course. I just think that's a bit of a drastic claim. That being said, our leaders here aren't doing much to stop us ending up as the smaller, twin brother of America. Continually highlighting the wrong things as pros of this country instead of the actual things that make this country what it is.

In relation to the thread title, of course America. It's never happen though would it? Unless that is their plan. Steal our language, steal our history, palm Madonna off on us and then wipe us off the face of the Earth. Damn Americans.

-AC

FeceMan
Originally posted by KidRock
We already kicked their ass once.. WE WILL DO IT AGAIN! rock
If by 'kicked their ass' you mean 'relied on the French for help', then you are most correct.

Snoopbert
If by 'kicked their ass' you mean 'relied on the French for help', then you are most correct. yes

I heard some idiots that thought we would obliterate Russia off the face of the Earth and survive today... retards fail to realize that if they were going to lose, they would nuke the crap out of us.

mentalguy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I do think it's a bit demeaning to call England, a country rich in literary, artistic and various other kind of heritages, very much the senior of the two, the same country as America more or less.

No offense to America, of course. I just think that's a bit of a drastic claim. That being said, our leaders here aren't doing much to stop us ending up as the smaller, twin brother of America. Continually highlighting the wrong things as pros of this country instead of the actual things that make this country what it is.

In relation to the thread title, of course America. It's never happen though would it? Unless that is their plan. Steal our language, steal our history, palm Madonna off on us and then wipe us off the face of the Earth. Damn Americans.

-AC

as an american i dont take offence to it, having some british heritage i see what you mean. as for stealing your language a lot of americans speak spanish. oh wait those are illegal aliens sorry. oh and we would still be part of your country if your king wasnt a d|ck. btw i think it is time that we started to use proper english too.

look at this stupid

JacopeX

This is a bad question. Now people from other countries are gonna come up here and make a big argument in a negative way about who will win.

mentalguy
If by 'kicked their ass' you mean 'relied on the French for help', then you are most correct.

the french turned out to be pussies

BobbyD
It's a ridiculous thread, and would be a dubious achievement to take out an ally.
The threadmaker is only 16 years old so let's attribute it to immaturity.

Alpha Centauri

Never did quite understand why not wanting to rush into an unjustified war, or any war, makes you a pussy.

-AC

mentalguy
Originally posted by JacopeX
This is a bad question. Now people from other countries are gonna come up here and make a big argument in a negative way about who will win.

no i dont want to start anything here. i think we are perfectly able to debate civilly

Snoopbert
Never did quite understand why not wanting to rush into an unjustified war, or any war, makes you a pussy.

-AC Indeed. However, the Freedom Fry bit was pathetic on our part. We're a little pussy.

JacopeX
USa is very brave. They are fighting for us and wont back down from a fight

but i jus dont like bush for toher reasons than War.

mentalguy

-AC

im not talking about that. the have the ball to criticize us for going to Afghanistan and Iraq. if somebody blew up the Eiffel tower what do you think they'd do?

Lana
We had no right to go into Iraq as it had nothing to do with Afghanistan.

Alpha Centauri
Go after the right country, most probably. Not a completely different one who had nothing to do with anything.

-AC

BackFire
Perhaps another geographical mistake by Bush?

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
Perhaps another geographical mistake by Bush?

At least he didn't ask what state it was in.

Snoopbert
Go after the right country, most probably. Not a completely different one who had nothing to do with anything.

-AC laughing out loud

Perhaps another geographical mistake by Bush? laughing

mentalguy
Originally posted by Lana
We had no right to go into Iraq as it had nothing to do with Afghanistan.

i agree w/ you there, but Saddam was still a threat

BackFire
i agree w/ you there, but Saddam was still a threat

Yeah, watch out for those rocks of mass destruction he's got over there. Might find a way to lob them over the ocean.

Lana
Or maybe he'll strap them to the back of a yak.

(umm, inside joke)

FeceMan
Indeed. However, the Freedom Fry bit was pathetic on our part. We're a little pussy.
*Rolls eyes.* Like Liberty Pups or Idiot Cheese?

Alpha Centauri
I also find it endlessly hilarious when people who are Pro-Bush retort anti-Bush remarks with "Yeah well you liberals did this.", it just doesn't follow logic.

Rather than admit that a lot of the anti-Bush phenomena is actually true.

-AC

mentalguy
I also find it endlessly hilarious when people who are Pro-Bush retort anti-Bush remarks with "Yeah well you liberals did this.", it just doesn't follow logic.

-AC

if you talkin about me. no i dont like him

FeceMan

-AC
It seems to be perfectly acceptable--lots of stuff on KMC is ***-for-tat.

Alpha Centauri
A lot of things seem acceptable to you though, Fece.

The people here, including you, who retort against the anti-Bush supporters often do so with that logic.

What's the rationale? "If I tell them that they did something stupid it means the stuff they say about our stupid president, whom I support, won't be as bad or even true"?

-AC

FeceMan
A lot of things seem acceptable to you though, Fece.

The people here, including you, who retort against the anti-Bush supporters often do so with that logic.

What's the rationale? "If I tell them that they did something stupid it means the stuff they say about our stupid president, whom I support, won't be as bad or even true"?

-AC
The rationale is that you're bitching is hypocritical because you supported someone who has done bad things and then ***** about whatever the hell Bush has done.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly, which is what I said isn't it?

Bitching at someone who supported Kerry (a man with a few skeletons in the closet) just because he did some bad things doesn't mean that they have no right to complain about Bush.

My point was that pro-Bush supporters more often than not, ignore what the other people are saying. An anti-Bush guy could say something perfectly reasonable and factual and you would mostly retort with "Yeah well you...." rather than "That's true, actually."

-AC

mentalguy

Bitching at someone who supported Kerry (a man with a few skeletons in the closet) just because he did some bad things doesn't mean that they have no right to complain about Bush.

My point was that pro-Bush supporters more often than not, ignore what the other people are saying. An anti-Bush guy could say something perfectly reasonable and factual and you would mostly retort with "Yeah well you...." rather than "That's true, actually."

-AC

agreed but i dont think kerry would stay in iraq to finish what we started

btw there is already an anti bush thread

Afro Cheese

-AC I agree.. people focus too much on the other side's faults, rather than trying to redeem themselves through stating their own positive side. It's hardly confined to bush supporters though. That was the main reason I never liked Kerry, honestly.

BackFire
The rationale is that you're bitching is hypocritical because you supported someone who has done bad things and then ***** about whatever the hell Bush has done.

This is a fallacious mindset. If someone makes a negative claim against someone who you support you should retort it by giving logic and reason that may put a better light on whatever it is they're making a negative claim at. By you simply saying "OH YEAH, WELL YOU AND THAT DID THIS" you're more or less accepting whatever negatives that person is saying and suggesting that you can't retort them. Also the scope of negatives is far worse on Bush's side then those who Bush supporters often target. Example -

*Anti Bush statement* -Man, Bush really ****ed up, invading a country without valid reasoning and getting thousands of American soldiers killed who didn't need to be, what a waste, what a shitty president."

*Bush Supporter* - What about Clinton, you supported him! Look what he did, he got a blowjob and lied about it! He lied about it! That means he lied about other stuff too, or at least he would have, because lying about having an affair means he would lie to the American public about other stuff too, I can't prove this and it's based on a logic fallacy, but still he was bad! He was a horrible president! He got a blowjob from a fat chick and he's married!!

Now, what's worse? Getting a blowjob and lying about it, or being responsible for the deaths of thousands of American soldiers by sending them to an unnecessary war? I'd be hard pressed to find a Bush supporter who will give an honest, reasonable answer to this question.

WindDancer
But thats comparing two different cases and looking for the less controversial BF. Sure getting a BJ is not as bad as going to war. Anyone can see that.

The door swings both ways. Like Afro Cheese said "It's hardly confined to Bush supporters". If were to say:

For a defensive case for George W. Bush: The War in Iraq was originally intended to stop Saddam Husseim from selling WMD's to Terrorist. But unfortunally there wasn't enough evidence so the USA jumped the gun and invaded the nation and now is facing a rebuilding stage. Bush's error has been tranform into a solution for Iraq. They're on the verge of becoming a Democratic nation with elections and a new government that will no doubt be a trade business partner with America. So even thought the invasion was a mistake...something possitive can be brought out of this mess. Saddam and his sons are long gone. Now Iraq has a better opportunity to make business freely.

An Anti-Bush person would reply: WD your Full of shit! And you're Bush supporter! You're twistin things around to make it nice a clean. The war was a mistake and thousands are dying! THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THIS!!!!!

Alpha Centauri
It was never my point to be anti-Bush or pro-Kerry. The fact of the matter is, I would prefer to have Kerry than Bush. I'm not saying Kerry would have been a great president, I'm saying (as South Park did) that sometimes the choice is between two kinds of shit. You just have to choose the one that stinks less.

It was a case of the lesser evil. In this case it was Kerry. Both sides have their idiotic supporters. My point wasn't to be pro-either of them. Just pro-fairness in pro-Bush supporters acknowledging that anti-Bush supporters do, shock horror, sometimes say things that are factually, and crucially detrimental to Bush's case. Which they do not.

-AC

mentalguy
what does that have to do with my original ?

Afro Cheese
Nothing but people are mostly ignoring your question cause they recognize it's only purpose is to stir up trouble.

BackFire
Originally posted by WindDancer
But thats comparing two different cases and looking for the less controversial BF. Sure getting a BJ is not as bad as going to war. Anyone can see that.

The door swings both ways. Like Afro Cheese said "It's hardly confined to Bush supporters". If were to say:

For a defensive case for George W. Bush: The War in Iraq was originally intended to stop Saddam Husseim from selling WMD's to Terrorist. But unfortunally there wasn't enough evidence so the USA jumped the gun and invaded the nation and now is facing a rebuilding stage. Bush's error has been tranform into a solution for Iraq. They're on the verge of becoming a Democratic nation with elections and a new government that will no doubt be a trade business partner with America. So even thought the invasion was a mistake...something possitive can be brought out of this mess. Saddam and his sons are long gone. Now Iraq has a better opportunity to make business freely.

An Anti-Bush person would reply: WD your Full of shit! And you're Bush supporter! You're twistin things around to make it nice a clean. The war was a mistake and thousands are dying! THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THIS!!!!!

Right, a BJ is not as bad as going to war without valid reasons. And it's always the pro bush people who bring it up as if it's in some way comparable.

That Anti bush person is foolish. A smart person would say "the fact that Saddam Hussein doesn't have WMD's makes the whole war foolish, pointless, and idiotic, and based on obviously flawed information gathered from a bad president and his cabinet". Plus, that "solution" is one that never should have happened, it is simply not our business to force that upon that country. Forcing democracy upon that country is kinda ironic. And still, the fact remains that thousands of American soldiers are dying in vein, all because Bush and others ****ed up.

People should learn to accept the faults of all presidents, and stop committing the childlike retorts of "Well you did this so there!". If you're a Bush supporter, and someone puts Bush down and you disagree, then defend him, don't just say "Well Kerry/Clinton did this stuff that's not nearly as bad so you shouldn't complain about Bush!" It's more or less just submitting that the complains against Bush can't be retorted against and are, thus, true.

If someone insults Clinton, I don't retort by saying "OH YEAH WELL BUSH DID THIS SO THERE!" I retort by stating the positives that Clinton gave this country, and the good things he did that far outweigh his silly, blown up, demonized blowjob thingy. Bush people should try to do the same, though maybe that's just their way of admitting that Bush has done very few positive things while in office.

mentalguy
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Nothing but people are mostly ignoring your question cause they recognize it's only purpose is to stir up trouble.

that waznt my intentionno

Hit_and_Miss
See a good match up would of been;
Imagine the Cold war actually turned into a real war but without the nukes... Who would of won?

USSR vs USA..

WindDancer

That Anti bush person is foolish. A smart person would say "the fact that Saddam Hussein doesn't have WMD's makes the whole war foolish, pointless, and idiotic, and based on obviously flawed information gathered from a bad president and his cabinet". Plus, that "solution" is one that never should have happened, it is simply not our business to force that upon that country. Forcing democracy upon that country is kinda ironic. And still, the fact remains that thousands of American soldiers are dying in vein, all because Bush and others ****ed up.

Of course that person is meant to sound foolish. It was my way to illustrate how conclusive people can get about world events. Again, originally the idea was to take out Saddam and his sons because it was believed that he was supplying WMD to terrorists. That wasn't the case so now governement is stuck with rebuilding a nation. They weren't forcing democracy. One thing led to another and democracy was the best solution to the whole mess. And as I'm writting this that foolish person must be thinking "There goes WD again! Defending that idiot".

People should learn to accept the faults of all presidents, and stop committing the childlike retorts of "Well you did this so there!". If you're a Bush supporter, and someone puts Bush down and you disagree, then defend him, don't just say "Well Kerry/Clinton did this stuff that's not nearly as bad so you shouldn't complain about Bush!" It's more or less just submitting that the complains against Bush can't be retorted against and are, thus, true.

People DO accept the faults of president. Anyone who says "This president never did nothing wrong" is way out focus with reality. Same with any Prime Minister. All presidents have their flaws. Defending a president is quite frankly the most pointless thing EVER. Who is gonna go over the same arguments again and again when people have already made up their minds even despite facts have been brought up. Ever notice me trying to make a case for Bush? I hardly do. I'm always split between the good and the bad about his leadership. I'm split because I know two things. One, there isn't enough to say good things about the man. Two, no one cares!

If someone insults Clinton, I don't retort by saying "OH YEAH WELL BUSH DID THIS SO THERE!" I retort by stating the positives that Clinton gave this country, and the good things he did that far outweigh his silly, blown up, demonized blowjob thingy. Bush people should try to do the same, though maybe that's just their way of admitting that Bush has done very few positive things while in office.

If someone insults Clinton or Bush, or Regan, or Washington.....who really cares and what do we get out of that? nothing. You could point out the guy's pro's and con's. What does that really get to? Why do you look surprise when people throws mud at a politician. That's what politics are all about. Slamming each other and their supporters follow right behind. Politics is a dirty business...whoever tells you otherwise are not in touch with reality.

BackFire
"Believing" in something is't a sound or acceptable reason to go to war. They had zero valid evidence to support it (which is made glaringly obvious by our current station there). "Believing" is a horrible reason to go to war with a country. I could believe that Mexico is breeding a new strain of the Ebola virus, doesn't mean we should go to war with them based soley on that belief. Of course we're forcing democracy, we're giving it to them whether they like it or not. Because we think it's "best" for them when many of them just want us out of their. "One thing led to another" is just a polite sugar coated way of saying "One major screw up and lie had to be fixed by other screw ups and lies".

Some people do accept the faults, but more often then not, when these faults are brought up, their first response is to attack whatever prior president/candidate the other person was for. I'd say that's far more pointless, not to mention logically flawed, then simply defending the person being attacked in a reasonable and mature manner, to wrongs don't make a right. They may accept their flaws deep down, but a lot of people sure seem to have trouble ADMITTING them when they're brought up during a discussion. Some people, on the other hand, flat out deny these faults.

Discussing pros and cons in a decent manner will get further then mudslinging. Just because politics is a dirty business doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed rationally and respectfully when possible by people. Of course, it isn't surprising that people do this, as you said, politics slings mud, so that in turn allows people to believe that that's the best way to discuss the topic, that doesn't mean I shouldn't point out the flawed mindset that allows this to be seen as acceptable debate tactics.

WindDancer
They have zero evidence now. At the time this whole war thing got started there was suspicion that Saddam was supplying terrorist. Plus given the fact that Saddam's reputation and hatred towards the U.S. didn't make his case any easier for him.

Let's say Mexico is working on a Ebola virus. And America does have the exact suspicions that they had with Iraq. I seriously doubt that the Government would attack Mexico. Why? because President Vicente Fox doesn't have the same reputation as Saddam Hussein.

What exactly does it mean to give Iraq democracy? It gives the people power to choose their leaders. Do you see Iraq in the future having free elections with Saddam in power? There are two very likely scenarios that could have happen. One, either one of his sons would have taken over and imposs the same iron fist government as their father had over the country. Two, another invasion to Kuwait very likely that would lead to another Desert Storm, and another retreat back to Iraq and wait for the UN to put sanctions on the country. The same tactics the father practice the sons would have continue.

Back on the political side....I would love to see a cleaner way for politics to be elected. But thats not the case. There can't be a political race, a proposition election, or even a Mayor campaign without any mudsliging. No side ever discards the chance to throw some mud at his/her opponents eyes. Facts do make things a lot more clearer. And it works at times (e.g. Richard Nixon) and other times it doesn't work. Like for example Whitewater scandal.

Capt_Fantastic

-AC

I'm not saying they ARE the same country, I'm saying that they are practically the same country, politically. I have a huge amount of respect for England. In fact, my respect for it would increase significantly if they disagreed with us a bit more often.

Alpha Centauri
Oh, politically. Thought you meant in general. Apologies.

-AC

Snoopbert
I've talked to a few English girls (mostly not Chavs) and they all think the American accent is sexy, whereas most American (children, friends, etc) people think the English one is sexy... and for the most part most of my friends would like to live in England and vice versa. *shrug* The fact that England seems to go on similar trends among children and shares some of the same celeb's is as far as I can see us being practically the same country (Barring politically... IMHO, Blair is Bush's *****).

Alpha Centauri
Interesting point, Snoop.

Americans from my personal experience seem to be more uneducated on what it's actually like in England today than we are of what it's like in America.

Probably due to the fact that growing up, most of the broadcasted material on our TVs or stereos is American. So we're more accustomed to American culture than you are to English culture. Eg: A lot of English singers don't necessarily sing with English accents purely because they're used to the music they grew up which is - if not American - sung with an American accent. I think a lot of Americans hear this and think that they are trying to sing in an American accent.

Most Americans that I've experienced, aren't too familiar with anything outside of what they've learnt in school about our country. They don't get the slang, the terminology etc. Where as I can have a conversation with an American talking in whatever slang they want, and understand it.

So I think America is more embraced by England because of how much of your popular culture has been a staple of our lives, not necessarily through wanting to embrace it. Where as Americans tend to embrace England a lot more from my experience, because they know so little about it in the grand scheme of things.

I think nine times out of ten an American will be more likely to ask an Brit what it's like living here than vice versa.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I gotta say I'm guilty of that. The only contact I have with England is online.. besides that everything I know about your country is either from a book, a movie, or just word of mouth.

Snoopbert

Americans from my personal experience seem to be more uneducated on what it's actually like in England today than we are of what it's like in America.

Probably due to the fact that growing up, most of the broadcasted material on our TVs or stereos is American. So we're more accustomed to American culture than you are to English culture. Eg: A lot of English singers don't necessarily sing with English accents purely because they're used to the music they grew up which is - if not American - sung with an American accent. I think a lot of Americans hear this and think that they are trying to sing in an American accent.

Most Americans that I've experienced, aren't too familiar with anything outside of what they've learnt in school about our country. They don't get the slang, the terminology etc. Where as I can have a conversation with an American talking in whatever slang they want, and understand it.

So I think America is more embraced by England because of how much of your popular culture has been a staple of our lives, not necessarily through wanting to embrace it. Where as Americans tend to embrace England a lot more from my experience, because they know so little about it in the grand scheme of things.

I think nine times out of ten an American will be more likely to ask an Brit what it's like living here than vice versa.

-AC While we're on the subject of slang, what exactly is a wanker?

Alpha Centauri
Well in slang, having a "wank" is masturbating. So a "wanker" would be a derogatory term.

EG: "You stupid wanker" would be similar to "You stupid idiot", but more informal. I haven't quite worked out why calling someone a masturbator is a derogatory term, much yes a stupid one. It's just stuck, no pun intended.

-AC

FeceMan

-AC
Give me an example. A non-******* example that is more objective than subjective, if you please.

Snoopbert
Thanks, I've been wondering that forever.

Alpha Centauri
Give me an example. A non-******* example that is more objective than subjective, if you please.

There are objective elements that suggest Bush supporters retort to any anti-Bush talk with a "Yeah well, you liberals" or similar kind of statement. All you need to do is look at the kind of material you post, maybe Spelljammer during his time here. Other pro-Bush supporters.

However, with regards to your request:

Just because I suggested there are objective elements to my claim, and there are, doesn't mean I was saying all Bush supporters are like that. Just happens to be the way around this forum.

Give you an example? Only when you give me an example that I suggested it was more objective than subjective, cool? Good.

Pssst, Fece!....FECE!

Pssst...down here.

You'll be looking for a while, because I didn't actually say that did I? Nah, but we'll keep that between us just so that you don't look like a presumptuous fool.

Oh wait...

-AC

Inspectah Deck

laughing out loud

Snoopbert
There are objective elements that suggest Bush supporters retort to any anti-Bush talk with a "Yeah well, you liberals" or similar kind of statement. All you need to do is look at the kind of material you post, maybe Spelljammer during his time here. Other pro-Bush supporters.

However, with regards to your request:

Just because I suggested there are objective elements to my claim, and there are, doesn't mean I was saying all Bush supporters are like that. Just happens to be the way around this forum.

Give you an example? Only when you give me an example that I suggested it was more objective than subjective, cool? Good.

Pssst, Fece!....FECE!

Pssst...down here.

You'll be looking for a while, because I didn't actually say that did I? Nah, but we'll keep that between us just so that you don't look like a presumptuous fool.

Oh wait...

-AC He doesn't seem like a presumptious fool confused

Alpha Centauri
"Give me an example. A non-******* example that is more objective than subjective, if you please."

Don't see where he deduced that I even suggested it was more objective than subjective. Assumption, wrong assumption = Presumptuous.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by WindDancer
They have zero evidence now. At the time this whole war thing got started there was suspicion that Saddam was supplying terrorist. Plus given the fact that Saddam's reputation and hatred towards the U.S. didn't make his case any easier for him.

Let's say Mexico is working on a Ebola virus. And America does have the exact suspicions that they had with Iraq. I seriously doubt that the Government would attack Mexico. Why? because President Vicente Fox doesn't have the same reputation as Saddam Hussein.

What exactly does it mean to give Iraq democracy? It gives the people power to choose their leaders. Do you see Iraq in the future having free elections with Saddam in power? There are two very likely scenarios that could have happen. One, either one of his sons would have taken over and imposs the same iron fist government as their father had over the country. Two, another invasion to Kuwait very likely that would lead to another Desert Storm, and another retreat back to Iraq and wait for the UN to put sanctions on the country. The same tactics the father practice the sons would have continue.

Back on the political side....I would love to see a cleaner way for politics to be elected. But thats not the case. There can't be a political race, a proposition election, or even a Mayor campaign without any mudsliging. No side ever discards the chance to throw some mud at his/her opponents eyes. Facts do make things a lot more clearer. And it works at times (e.g. Richard Nixon) and other times it doesn't work. Like for example Whitewater scandal.

How do you know his son would rule the same way he did?

Imagawa666
UAS and UK FOREVER!!!!!
Bush and Blair rule!! Ultimate tag team!!

Syren

-AC

laughing

Bravo, old chap wink

Alpha Centauri
To quote MC Hammer:

You cannot touch this.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
That's not really quoting him is it?

Alpha Centauri
Got hyped by my two feet into typing it correctly.

-AC

Syren
Oh, the beauty of that... you defied all the laws of bandwagon riding just so you could provide us with the correct terms.

Marry me eyes

BackFire
Hey, if you all want a good laugh inject the wording AC provided into the song in your head, it's pretty awesome.

Syren
I did that... I actually did that ninja

With the 'doo doo doo doo... do do' and everything.

BackFire
Yep. "Doo dooo do do dooo do cannot touch this"

You made a new hit, AC, copyright that shit immediately before someone (me) steals it.

Alpha Centauri
Copyrighted, done.

The first bit of bass, and indeed all of it, is too hilarious. Also the backing vocals. Continual "Ooh-wo!".

-AC

Syren
laughing

With us as his backing singers/dancers he cannot go wrong!

Alpha Centauri
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...

Whoawhoawhoaaaaaaaaa.

WHO....said you could be my backing singers? This, I must hear.

-AC

Syren
*seals demo tape package with a loving kiss and posts to AC* diva

BackFire
I wasn't planning on being a backup singer, but if Syren will do it, I will too. But only so I can stand up on stage and sexually harrass Syren by pinching her ass during the whole song while pretending AC did it.

Syren
That's not choreographed!! mad

I'll be in my trailer schmoll

Alpha Centauri
Trailer? Well if you're that poor I don't know if I should be out with the likes of you.

-AC

BackFire
Don't worry, she can live in my house if need be.

Syren
How utterly rude... it's you who is providing accommodation for us, you tight fisted git cry

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha, you called me a git.

You're in.

-AC

Syren
eek!

You British men are so easy...

Alpha Centauri
I meant in the team. You're my garbage carrier and disposer of such materials.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic

Americans from my personal experience seem to be more uneducated on what it's actually like in England today than we are of what it's like in America.-AC

I've been to England quite a few times. The problem lies in American citizens total lack of interest in the very systems that control their lives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.