Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
The Prince of Persia, a seasoned warrior, returns from the Island of Time to Babylon with his love, Kaileena. Instead of the peace that he longs for, he finds his homeland ravaged by war and the kingdom turned against him. http://games.softpedia.com/get/Trailer/Prince-of-Persia-The-Two-Thrones-Traile-8.shtml

Game comes out today. Has anyone played the demo?

TwisterGameX
Is it good. i mean 2 failed for me and scary.

Inspectah Deck
POP 2? How?

TwisterGameX
I didn't like teh darkness. I was blind and they cheese in combat. I get lost as usual and die.

General Kaliero
I have a question about this, after seeing several things on it. It looks like the spirit of the Sands of Time game is back, and I wanted to know: Do I NEED to play Warrior Within to fully enjoy Two Thrones?

Jedi Shmedi
I just saw a "Making Of" special about The Two Thrones on G4 (...) I was elated to find out Farah is back, the guy who did the voice in of the prince in The Sands of Time is back, AND they're ditching the hard-rock music for the amazing orchestral music like in the first game. The prince is also much cleaner-looking in The Two Throne as well. Cleanly shaven, I white jerkin and cape, and a red sash, not the hobo-prince from Warrior Within.

And to answer your question General, according to the developers, you don't need to have played either of the previous two in order to understand the story (Personally I never even touched Warrior Within, never really drew me to it like the first one)

I have high hopes for The Two Thrones (or "Triple T" as I have ever-so-cleverly dubbed it big grin) And I think it will really make fans of the original proud, I'm excited beyond excited smile

powerfulone1987
Whoa, i hadn't realize it was out already. Well I never did finish the second game, so sadly i won't get this one.
I am anal about finished games before I get the sequel.
I did finish the first one though, and it's rare for me to finish games so i felt very proud and had to get the next one.
I agree, i don't like all the darkness and everything, the magic from the first game didn't go over into the second game.
Maybe that's why i didn't get into it as much as the first one. I would like to see the story though and encounter that big time creature more and see what happens, I encountered him one time before i stopped playing.

is it comprehensible.....

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I have a question about this, after seeing several things on it. It looks like the spirit of the Sands of Time game is back, and I wanted to know: Do I NEED to play Warrior Within to fully enjoy Two Thrones?

I don't know

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Whoa, i hadn't realize it was out already. Well I never did finish the second game, so sadly i won't get this one.
I am anal about finished games before I get the sequel.
I did finish the first one though, and it's rare for me to finish games so i felt very proud and had to get the next one.
I agree, i don't like all the darkness and everything, the magic from the first game didn't go over into the second game.
Maybe that's why i didn't get into it as much as the first one. I would like to see the story though and encounter that big time creature more and see what happens, I encountered him one time before i stopped playing.

The first one was pretty short

powerfulone1987
Is that suppose to belittle my BIG acheivement?

I still feel just as good about it. Yay me.

no expression

Inspectah Deck
Is that suppose to belittle my BIG acheivement?

I still feel just as good about it. Yay me.

no expression

wickedph

powerfulone1987
miffed

Inspectah Deck
kruger

powerfulone1987
sleep

Jedi Shmedi
OmG tEH TWo tHR0nEz rOxx0Rz mY SoXXOrZ!!111

big grin

powerfulone1987
I just watched a thing on this game on G4, and it makes me want to get it.
I would want to get it, but I never finished warriors within, so I don't want to get this until i finish that game but I don't feel the need to finish that game like i did for the first game.
But the graphics look much better in this game and the game looks good and the instant kills look good.
I wished I had finished warriros within. Maybe this is the inspiration i need to finish the game. After all i could be playing the game right now. So I think i'm gonna hurry and finish warriors within so i can play this game.
ANd plust Jedi and others are saying how good this game is so yeah I'll finish Warriors Within.

How long did Warrirors within take to finish? Did yall like that one too or anything about it like the chases scenes with that big time beast?
I've expereienced only one so far before I stopped playing.

Inspectah Deck
sleep

geek

TwisterGameX
Damnit who has the damn game..is it damn good..better than that smere of shit part 2 ?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
geek no expression

lol. The person above said it's good.

is it comrpehensible.....

TwisterGameX
So how did part 2 end...tell me the story..I ma buying part 3

Inspectah Deck
no expression

lol. The person above said it's good.

is it comrpehensible.....

I didn't say a thing shifty

TwisterGameX
I GOT PART 3 TODAY!!!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
I GOT PART 3 TODAY!!!

Is it good?

TwisterGameX
droolio

no expression

Ok so far it's better than POP WW but duh it never can be better than part 1. It's slightly brighter.

Speed kills droolio are awsome and some stuff you have to do to get across droolio

Dark prince no expression

TwisterGameX
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/736/736200/vid_1319354.html

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
I didn't say a thing shifty

I wasn't talking about you obviously and you know that.

powerfulone1987
droolio

no expression

Ok so far it's better than POP WW but duh it never can be better than part 1. It's slightly brighter.

Speed kills droolio are awsome and some stuff you have to do to get across droolio

Dark prince no expression

You're kind of giving mixed thoughts.

But I kind of get you a little bit.
So do you not like the dark prince.

Well good news. I just started playing Prince of Persia Warriors Within for the first time since Jan. 9 2005.

I'm trying to hurry and finish it so that I can get Prince of Persia Two Thrones.

I guess I've decided to get it after i saw the thing about it on G4.

The chain weapon of the dark prince looks very similar to the God or Wars chain weapon.

But I like the change of how the graphics look, they looked way better and lighter and smooth.

I did look at your link though. I didn't think Farrah would have anything to do with the plot, b/c she hasn't showed up or been mentioned yet in teh second game that i'm now playing.Maybe she will be I don't know. But I find it inticing after looking at that link to find out. It's more reason for me to hurry and finish this game. It inspires me.

But please don't tell me anything. I'd like to find out for myself thanks.

And just for the record, could you say if you like the game or not.

TwisterGameX
You're kind of giving mixed thoughts.

But I kind of get you a little bit.
So do you not like the dark prince.

Well good news. I just started playing Prince of Persia Warriors Within for the first time since Jan. 9 2005.

I'm trying to hurry and finish it so that I can get Prince of Persia Two Thrones.

I guess I've decided to get it after i saw the thing about it on G4.

The chain weapon of the dark prince looks very similar to the God or Wars chain weapon.

But I like the change of how the graphics look, they looked way better and lighter and smooth.

I did look at your link though. I didn't think Farrah would have anything to do with the plot, b/c she hasn't showed up or been mentioned yet in teh second game that i'm now playing.Maybe she will be I don't know. But I find it inticing after looking at that link to find out. It's more reason for me to hurry and finish this game. It inspires me.

But please don't tell me anything. I'd like to find out for myself thanks.

And just for the record, could you say if you like the game or not.

So far i love the game droolio Speed kills droolio

Dark prince is kool but life bars goes down by it's self unless you kill.

Sands of time>>>two thrones>>>>Warrior with in.

TwisterGameX
When you getting it ?

Inspectah Deck
I wasn't talking about you obviously and you know that.

Oops, my bad

powerfulone1987
When you getting it ?

Bad news.

I don't think i'll be getting it now, because just a while ago, I got lost in Warriors Within.
I don't know if i backtracked too far or what but i'm just confused and don't know how to get back to where i was b/c i went back and went through all of these long obstacles just to realize i did it all for nothing and didin't have to.

I was at the place where you turn the handles to get all the water running in the paths. I was expecting the door to lift up and open but it just stayed down, so i left the place and went back through time and back again to the past and just went through all of these crazy stuff and I am just so far from where i was and don't know what i need to do so i've given up, i won't be playing it again.
So, no I won't be getting the two thrones or whatever it's called. I wanted it too.

yes it is.

TwisterGameX
Bad news.

I don't think i'll be getting it now, because just a while ago, I got lost in Warriors Within.
I don't know if i backtracked too far or what but i'm just confused and don't know how to get back to where i was b/c i went back and went through all of these long obstacles just to realize i did it all for nothing and didin't have to.

I was at the place where you turn the handles to get all the water running in the paths. I was expecting the door to lift up and open but it just stayed down, so i left the place and went back through time and back again to the past and just went through all of these crazy stuff and I am just so far from where i was and don't know what i need to do so i've given up, i won't be playing it again.
So, no I won't be getting the two thrones or whatever it's called. I wanted it too.

yes it is.

No problem...just go to Gamefaqs.com and they give you aguide on how to get out...and part 3 didn't really say much about warriors within..well the start but who cares...it is brighter and is kool to me. get part 3 anyway.

powerfulone1987
Even if i found out what to do, i still don't know how to get back there, i checked on the map and i am so far from where i was.

TwisterGameX
Even if i found out what to do, i still don't know how to get back there, i checked on the map and i am so far from where i was.

they tell u step by step..like run pass the statue and when u see the green wall make 5 steps..very detailed eek!

powerfulone1987
but, i'm not at the place where i need help at, i'm far away from the place and I don't know how to get there, and i'm sure they don't have every single place in the game as a starting point to get to where i need to be. I'm in a random place and it would start me off from where i'm at to where i need to be.

TwisterGameX
but, i'm not at the place where i need help at, i'm far away from the place and I don't know how to get there, and i'm sure they don't have every single place in the game as a starting point to get to where i need to be. I'm in a random place and it would start me off from where i'm at to where i need to be.

Trust me, they are good guides and have all areas...just read at the area you want to go to and then read before and after to see where you wondered off too....they show all areas so you will see it...

sad could u get part 3 eek!

powerfulone1987
you're not understanding me.
I doubt they have a starting off point to get to anywhere from where i'm at. It's not like i'm at a huge part or a statue or a main stage or anything, i'm in a random area that couldn't possibly be a place they would start you from and it't not linked to the area i want to go.
I've seen enough walkthroughs, and that's what they are walkthroughs, they start from the beginning to the end on a direct path, and i'm not on the path right now.

powerfulone1987
I've been reading a Prince of Persia Warriors Within Walkthrough and it seems that I may not be as off as I thought. I actually went the right way, with a few added non needed detours, but I believe the last place I stopped and saved is near where I can continue the right path, so it looks like I'm gonna give this game another shot after all.

Thanks TwisterX.

TwisterGameX
I've been reading a Prince of Persia Warriors Within Walkthrough and it seems that I may not be as off as I thought. I actually went the right way, with a few added non needed detours, but I believe the last place I stopped and saved is near where I can continue the right path, so it looks like I'm gonna give this game another shot after all.

Thanks TwisterX.

Happy Dance ALso buy the third 1 when you finish part 2

powerfulone1987
If i beat this one, i plan on getting the third one, hopefully this weekend, but i doubt i'll beat it by this weekend so probably not.

I read a review and it seems you're not the only one who doesn't like playing as the dark prince, but over all it got good ratings and was described as a great game and way better than warriors within, which makes me feel bad and left behind b/c i'm still playing the so called horrible game when everybody else is playing the new and better one. It kind of gets my hopes down as looking forward to playing it since it got bad reviews and descriptions. Makes me wish i was playing two thrones right now, but alas i can't until i beat it.

TwisterGameX
But thrones anyway..warrior within is trash....enjoy the thrones and just read a summary on what happened in warrior with in which shouldn't be to much.

TwisterGameX
Awsome game http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/us/

powerfulone1987
But thrones anyway..warrior within is trash....enjoy the thrones and just read a summary on what happened in warrior with in which shouldn't be to much.
I'd rather finish the game myself first.

TwisterGameX
But you said you will probably not finish it...so why would you miss out on the beter part three for silly reasons...story ? in WW is crap and if you buy a game that got a 10 rating then buy the sequals come out and one is 2 and the other is 9..you will buy the nasty 2 rated one and miss out on 9 one...un heard of...eh well I will have fun with 3.

powerfulone1987
I told you that I know where to go now so I know i will finish the game now and I can always go back and look at the guide if i get stuck again so I'll finish the game, don't worry.
And I am going to get the third when i finish and if i haven't finish before christmas and gotten the game myself then i'll just ask for it for christmas.
And If i had any doubts before about getting the third, the commercials on tv that they are doing definitely would have changed my mind.
They are going all out and promoting this game like almost no other. They are showing lengthy cut scenes and everything, so that's got me excited about the game.
And let's not forget that I'm still playing through the "trashy", as you say, second game so don't make me feel to bad at having to suffer through it while others are playing the new one.
Hopefully I'm not the only one though.

Ushgarak
Warrior Within isn't CRAP as such, it is just a complete stylistic failure.

Which is a huge problem, but on the other hand, some of its level design is very good, especially on a visual level with the past/future contrast. It all seems overwhelming at first, but by the end of the game (it definitely improves as it goes along; before you get the Rewind power the whole game is just a pain) you feel like you can navigate the whole fortress, in either timeline, with ease; swooping along walls and rolling down corridors... it feels good, and in that way is superior to Sand of Time's simple linearity.

... really was a damn shame about the style, though.

powerfulone1987
Well I definitely needed to hear something like that. Doesn't make me feel so bad that i'm still playing it. Gives me the opportunity to look at it in a different perspective. I don't know if I've gotten that feeling yet, b/c I haven't been to all of the areas of the fortress yet, but it is easy to get lost and off track and that's discouraging, I was about to quit.
I do like to look at the cut scenes though.

Ushgarak, did you play number 1 and 2 and are you playing 3?

By the way, I got Prince of Persia 1 for Gamecube, I got the 2nd for Playstation 2 b/c I got it for christmas and they got it for that system b/c I forgot to specify on my list that i wanted it for gamecube, but anyway, which do yall prefer to play on, is anyone better than the other and should i get it for one more than the other. I was kind of skeptical at first b/c i was afraid the controls would be more complicated on the playstation 2 controller b/c on the game cube controller you have so many buttons to assign all of the moves and things too but the playstation 2 controller didn't have as many but i guess so far it's working okay. What do yall think?

JToTheP
Is TTT full of glitches like 2?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by JToTheP
Is TTT full of glitches like 2?

Hell no

TwisterGameX
I got all my prince of persias for gamecube..I started off with the cube and i shall end with the cube.

Inspectah Deck
Hell no

laughing out loud

Phat J
is ttt worth getting?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Phat J
is ttt worth getting?

well so far iut's better than nasty 2 evil face But nothing beats one.

powerfulone1987
Well I bought number three, i'm still not going to start it until i finish two, but i did buy it.
I bought it for ps2 since that's the system i take up to college with me. If i bought it for gamecube, i wouldn't have as much time to play it since i'd be up college. And no since in bringing the gamecube when i'm not really playing anything else on it right now and i do have other games for the ps2 that i'm playing.

TwisterGameX
Well I bought number three, i'm still not going to start it until i finish two, but i did buy it.
I bought it for ps2 since that's the system i take up to college with me. If i bought it for gamecube, i wouldn't have as much time to play it since i'd be up college. And no since in bringing the gamecube when i'm not really playing anything else on it right now and i do have other games for the ps2 that i'm playing.

dance

powerfulone1987
i thought you'd like that.

Ushgarak
Ushgarak, did you play number 1 and 2 and are you playing 3?

Certainly did. Played the originals too, back on my old Amiga; I'm a long-term fan.

As for the new one- the UK PC release date is behind the consoles; I will have it imminently.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Certainly did. Played the originals too, back on my old Amiga; I'm a long-term fan.

As for the new one- the UK PC release date is behind the consoles; I will have it imminently.

a pop fan Happy Dance You like d part 1 10 x more than 2 right ?

Ushgarak
Yup. 'Another World' stole the fire form the original POP 2, after all.

TwisterGameX
Yup. 'Another World' stole the fire form the original POP 2, after all.

Well part two kind of went back to part 1 but still blended with part 2

powerfulone1987
yall have lost me. Is "another world" a game or something and what does it have to do with Prince of Peria?

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. I am getting frustrated and annoyed with Prince of Persia 2, I did play it a lot to day thought for hours and got relatively far. But I'm at a part where my health is low and I have to keep fighting minions left and right and i'm no where near a fountain, yeah i could have just exited the game and instead of starting from the last checkpoint and retrying, just starting from the last water fountain, but i don't know how far back that is, far enough i can tell you that, and i would still most likely loose the same amount of life going through the same minions over again and where i was retrying from was no where near a fountain yet.
So I read through the rest of Strategy guide just to see what i would have to do and it was exhausting just reading it. All that back tracking and needless ventures that took away from the game immensely.
So I guess yall can see where I'm going with this.
I'm going to start playing Prince of Persia 3 tonight even though I have yet to complete 2. I do feel bad, but after reading all of that crap that i still had to do that really didn't add anything to the story, just mindless backtracking in my opinion, i don't feel that bad.
But I did complete so much more than i expected. I did battle the empress of time once and I did get to the stage of the prison where you run from the Dhaka like 3 times in a row, phew, and i did get that sword that you get in the middle of the room. And I stopped playing a little bit ahead of getting the sword. I was hoping the guide would say what happened in the cut scenes but it didn't b/c that's what i need now to see what actually happened, because i would like to know what actually happened especially with certain characters not being who they seem and still things turning out the way they did, so i'll go on ign and try and look at their clips on their from where i stopped in the game and see if i can get the rest of the story from the cutscenes on there and i'll be ready to play Prince of Persia 3 tonight.
Hope yall aren't too disappointed, well I know you're not twister, you've been trying to get me to just skip 2 anyway.

But yeah, even though i'm doing it, i feel awful, but after viewing the cut scene first and getting the rest of the story through them, i won't feel quite as bad. Still a little bad though.

Is it comprehensible.....

TwisterGameX
yall have lost me. Is "another world" a game or something and what does it have to do with Prince of Peria?

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. I am getting frustrated and annoyed with Prince of Persia 2, I did play it a lot to day thought for hours and got relatively far. But I'm at a part where my health is low and I have to keep fighting minions left and right and i'm no where near a fountain, yeah i could have just exited the game and instead of starting from the last checkpoint and retrying, just starting from the last water fountain, but i don't know how far back that is, far enough i can tell you that, and i would still most likely loose the same amount of life going through the same minions over again and where i was retrying from was no where near a fountain yet.
So I read through the rest of Strategy guide just to see what i would have to do and it was exhausting just reading it. All that back tracking and needless ventures that took away from the game immensely.
So I guess yall can see where I'm going with this.
I'm going to start playing Prince of Persia 3 tonight even though I have yet to complete 2. I do feel bad, but after reading all of that crap that i still had to do that really didn't add anything to the story, just mindless backtracking in my opinion, i don't feel that bad.
But I did complete so much more than i expected. I did battle the empress of time once and I did get to the stage of the prison where you run from the Dhaka like 3 times in a row, phew, and i did get that sword that you get in the middle of the room. And I stopped playing a little bit ahead of getting the sword. I was hoping the guide would say what happened in the cut scenes but it didn't b/c that's what i need now to see what actually happened, because i would like to know what actually happened especially with certain characters not being who they seem and still things turning out the way they did, so i'll go on ign and try and look at their clips on their from where i stopped in the game and see if i can get the rest of the story from the cutscenes on there and i'll be ready to play Prince of Persia 3 tonight.
Hope yall aren't too disappointed, well I know you're not twister, you've been trying to get me to just skip 2 anyway.

But yeah, even though i'm doing it, i feel awful, but after viewing the cut scene first and getting the rest of the story through them, i won't feel quite as bad. Still a little bad though.

Is it comprehensible.....

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

TwisterGameX
tell me if you like it.

powerfulone1987
Well since I'm at home on break and all we have is dial up, i'm not able to see the cutscenes well on this connection as well as i would be able to up at college on their cable connection, so i can't see them.

But anyway, i know i said i was going to play the third one but I haven't yet and i'm giving Prince of Persia yet another chance.
It dawned on me that I could find some cheat codes to help me get through the game more quickly, like infinite health and infinite sand bars. And good thing I have Action Replay b/c I found a cheat for both of these and more on them. I did find a non Action Replay cheat for automatically filling up sand bars but not infinite. But anyway, this should solve all of my problems and I will be through with the game in no time for Two Thrones, so don't feel too bad Twister, I know i'm pulling you every which way and causing you to have different emotions up and down,lol. Don't get too mad at me.
But they also had an Action Replay cheat for all extras unlocked, so if i wanted i could also unlock all of the movies and get to see them that way, but i still wouldn't get to see the in game cut scenes b/c they're not on extras, only the CG cutscenes are as you all know.
So yeah, that's the "feed". That's the latest update on my situation. And I'm feeling real good about it.
Just thinkin about playing the third without finishing the second took away from my excitement and anticipation of finally getting to play the third

powerfulone1987
By the way, I am qouting a message from the other forum on here you started that you posted. I am perplexed and confused by it, being that you are so enthusiastic about Prince of Persia 3 and was literally drooling over it. I know. You were. You even posted a drooling smiley.

"then there was Prince of persai 1smile then 2no expression and now 3sad "

Care to explain your conflicting statements about 3?

JToTheP
If 3 is back on par with the gameplay, and lack of glitches as a game should be. I say 3 is already on track to be as good/better than 1.

powerfulone1987
I'm going to qoute something from a walkthrough guide for Prince of Persia 2.
"Cross your fingers and follow her through the sand Portal. (If the sand Portal did nothing you ran into the game stopping glitch with the only solution we know of at this time is to restart the game from scratch because this glitch saves with game saves."

Well I didn't cross my fingers and I fell victim to this glitch.
So yeah, I got real far in the game and would have finally COMPLETED it last night, but when I stepped into the portal to follow Kaileena into the present and battle her, nothing happened, I just stood there and the portal wouldn't work.
I am so pissed, this time to reason I won't finish the game is out of my control and I won't have the priviledge of saying I beat this game like so many people do.
Has this happened to anybody else?
And what ending(s) did yall get.
Since this happened to me, i used the code to unlock all extras and then that's how i watched the rest of the movies, so I did get to see the endings and got the overall story, b/c all that i missed was the last boss battle with her/ or the dahaka, and probably an ingame cutscene that don't aren't included in the extras, b/c on CG cutscenes. So if there were anymore ingame cutscenes, which there probably were, could someone tell me what happened in them and what was said, for both endings, thanks. Don't tell me about the CG cutscene, b/c like i said, i've seen those, so i basically have the whole story, just the little dialogue was missed b/c of the glitch.
thanks.

On another note, i am glad that I basically completed the game b/c I really did like the story in this one. I don't know if i told yall but I am obsessed with anything time travel and what they did in this game, i've never played another game like it.
One walkthrough said how it was just like the events in Harry Potter 3, and I agree. This game really had some surprised too. So besides the design and music and repeatitive backtracking, this game was really good with the story and the different perspectives with time travel really satisfied me. Don't hate me for this, but I hope they do something like this again in Number 3 b/c after all this is the sands of time, so time travel, besides the basic moves, should be involved, and i'm not talking about "past" and "present" time travel, i'm talking about going back or forward in time like hours or days or something and maybe running into yourself and stuff like that.

This game could also be put in comparison to the "Back to the Future" movies, which are some of my favorite movies. Not the third as much as the first two though and two was my favorite out of the three, b/c they went into the future and I'm more interested in time traveling to the future than the past. But anyway.
I really like the stories events and time traveling in this one, better than the first game. Whodathunkit.
And I can finally, yes, finally begin number three today. You have nothing to worry about now Twister, b/c there's nothing holding me back now, that's in my control anyway, besides the the ingame cutscenes that probably occured after the prince follows Kaileena through the portal to the present, or when he battles the Dahaka, that i'm asking to be explained to me, not the cg cutscenes, the ingame cutscenes.
And to prevent any spoiling to the people who haven't completed this game, you can tell me about them in my "pm" if yall want.
Thanks.

powerfulone1987
It seems many people had the same problem with this game.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1121003742/m/1061000352

TwisterGameX
By the way, I am qouting a message from the other forum on here you started that you posted. I am perplexed and confused by it, being that you are so enthusiastic about Prince of Persia 3 and was literally drooling over it. I know. You were. You even posted a drooling smiley.

"then there was Prince of persai 1smile then 2no expression and now 3sad "

Care to explain your conflicting statements about 3?

Well only because I thought part 1 was the best so far. 2 was sad sad but 3 is pretty good so far and keeps me entertained. Did you beat 2 and played 3 yet ?

powerfulone1987
well i guess you must have change your mind a few times while playing the third one or something but anyway, yes, I have started the third one. I like it thus far. My favorite speed kill so far was the one where you're above between the two walls and then you jump down and kill two guards with the same speed kill and you jump back and forth between the two until they're dead. I look forward to more speed kills like that.

TwisterGameX
I LOVE THOSE SPEED KILLSS!!!

Ushgarak
powerfulone1987-

Another World was a famous computer game back in the old Home Computer days. Something very distinctive about it was its graphical style and finely honed development of the platform genre.

But in fact the original Prince of Persia game (NOT Sands of Time, which is far newer) had actually got in on that genre first, and is also considered a classic. But its sequel was totally overshadowed by Another World in just about every way.

powerfulone1987
ok, i see now.

Ushgarak
I still enjoy playing Another World, actually. Very nice little story.

And my completion of the original PoP was one os the most dramatic things I ever did as a games player (only equalled by my completion of Ocarina of Time)

Playing through TTT right now, btw- happy with it in general, but disappointed at the return to linearity of levels.

TwisterGameX

Playing through TTT right now, btw- happy with it in general, but disappointed at the return to linearity of levels.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

And fara..phara...w/e is back cool

powerfulone1987
i hadn't gotten that far and wished you hadn't said anything.

powerfulone1987
i don't like the whole collecting sand and buying things with it. And I don't understand how I slash open a box and get my first 10 and then go on the menu screen and I hve 69, i don't know how i got that many. Obviously it still isn't enough because my movie gallery option is still unhighlightable. And that's my favorite extra feature. To watch the movies. And I can't even do it. I wish they would have just kept it the same and let you have the movie once you had gotten it in the game. I may just use a action replay code to have max sand, so that i can buy what i want. But i won't stoop that low yet. I'll wait and see how things turn out, but yeah, it's annoying.
Anybody mind telling me about the last cutscenes between Prince and Kaileena in POP WW right before boss battles for both endings?

TwisterGameX
i hadn't gotten that far and wished you hadn't said anything.

You saw the preview with her in it already...

Ushgarak
She was in the end of the second one, for that matter.

powerfulone1987
You saw the preview with her in it already...

how do you know?

and yeah, but i wasn't sure if it was her.

and ushgarak, not everybody knows who who is in that ending to the second one.
as far as i'm concerned I didn't see farah in the end of 2, so if i did see her, i didn't recognize her, so can we just stop talking about her now.

Ushgarak
So? That's not anyone else's fault. The fact is that they put Farah in (clearly looking like Farah) at the end of the second one which telegraphed that she would be in the third- hardly a spoiler.

powerfulone1987
they didn't put her in as clear as you say and okay whatever, i don't want to start this huge dispute, so can we please put this to rest.

TwisterGameX
So? That's not anyone else's fault. The fact is that they put Farah in (clearly looking like Farah) at the end of the second one which telegraphed that she would be in the third- hardly a spoiler.

There are two endings to the second one so I guess he got the nasty one sad

powerfulone1987
thankyou, that could be the case, so ushgarak just stop giving things out so soon when the game just came out.
And obviously some didn't read my long post, twister, because I didn't get to complete the game b/c of the glitch that prevents you from following Kaileena into the present to have the final battle.

powerfulone1987
I really like how the game has a lot of ingame cutscenes so far, so you're getting more of the story and feel more involved, instead of going through these long sequences of puzzle solving and acrobatics and then finally getting an ingame cutscene and then having to wait like an hour or days or so,depending on how often you play, to get another one.
So I really like that about the game. The character we were talking about, i finally came up to them, i figured that was the person in the box that i freed when i ran by on the chariot and they broke out the box. They really did change the character's whole look, but i like it.

I also like the whole atmosphere of this game. It's not as depressing and dreary as the previous. I don't feel like I have to hurry up and get past this part so that i can get out of here and away from this darkness and closer to civilization, like in the previous. In this one, there's plenty of light and your in the middle of a city, how closer to civilization can you get. So you don't wind up feeling alone throughout the whole journey, esp. with the help of you get from a certain character.

I must say, I don't like playing as the Dark Prince though. It takes away from the game and it's just an uncomfortable feeling playing as him. I know that hords of enemies are about to spew out of nowhere and that I need to hurry and solve puzzles as fast as I can which include killing myself by making reckless choices in trying to get from point A to point B.
I never thought the site of water would bring tears to my eyes, but it does. Oh Sweet Release.

TwisterGameX
I really like how the game has a lot of ingame cutscenes so far, so you're getting more of the story and feel more involved, instead of going through these long sequences of puzzle solving and acrobatics and then finally getting an ingame cutscene and then having to wait like an hour or days or so,depending on how often you play, to get another one.
So I really like that about the game. The character we were talking about, i finally came up to them, i figured that was the person in the box that i freed when i ran by on the chariot and they broke out the box. They really did change the character's whole look, but i like it.

I also like the whole atmosphere of this game. It's not as depressing and dreary as the previous. I don't feel like I have to hurry up and get past this part so that i can get out of here and away from this darkness and closer to civilization, like in the previous. In this one, there's plenty of light and your in the middle of a city, how closer to civilization can you get. So you don't wind up feeling alone throughout the whole journey, esp. with the help of you get from a certain character.

I must say, I don't like playing as the Dark Prince though. It takes away from the game and it's just an uncomfortable feeling playing as him. I know that hords of enemies are about to spew out of nowhere and that I need to hurry and solve puzzles as fast as I can which include killing myself by making reckless choices in trying to get from point A to point B.
I never thought the site of water would bring tears to my eyes, but it does. Oh Sweet Release.

laughing out loud

Yeah i don't like that you die when you are the dark prince sad

Ushgarak
thankyou, that could be the case, so ushgarak just stop giving things out so soon when the game just came out.
And obviously some didn't read my long post, twister, because I didn't get to complete the game b/c of the glitch that prevents you from following Kaileena into the present to have the final battle.

Err, no, I will not 'stop giving things out' when it is a fact that was actually true from the LAST game- again, not my responsibility if you didn;t see that, but it is well past any point of being a spoiler. That was an idiotic demand- don't make it again.

Quite aside, of course, from the fact that it was not me who said it;

AND you said you saw the cut scenes anyway.

So really- try and use more sense when posting.

TwisterGameX
Keep the peace.

powerfulone1987
Yes, please b/c it aint that serious.

Anyway. I hated that level in the well where it's pitch black. And does anybody else have this problem, well if you can call it a problem, where when you find your fathers sword and it seemed to be kind of powerful or maybe it was just me but anyway shortly after it says you still have a secondary weapon but your hand is empty, but you still fight as if you have one, even though there's none in site, so it looks as if your using your fist as a weapon. So now there's no way for me to discard this invisible weapon or throw it or anything or pick up anything. But It's not all bad because I can almost knock out an empty with just one hit of my fist. And the secondary weapon status bar doesn't ever go down, so maybe it's a glitch or something, I don't know, but now i'm using my fist as if i have a secondary weapon. Now i won't be able to grap enemies anymore. Maybe it will be gone next time i cut my game on or the next time i turn into the dark prince.
Another thing i noticed was that when the dark prince was talking to the prince at a certain point, his words get cut off and he just stops talking, this only happen one time so far.

And earlier in the game, i was jumping over an object and camera kind of did something crazy and when i landed i was all the way on the other side of the room, looking at the object on the other side of the room that i had just jumped over. Weird.

I do like this game a lot. I did find the fight after the second chariot race quite challenging at first b/c i didn't really know how it worked and how to trigger certain things/events to win.
I like the chariots races too.

One thing that's really getting on my nerves is the Movie Gallery. I don't know how to make it available, I have unlocked everything else and have 2703 Sand Points. And I want to look at my movies. Anybody know how to open the Movie Gallery?

dragonpisces272
Anybody know how to open the Movie Gallery?

I think its when you beat the game in ny mode, but im not sure

powerfulone1987
well if that's true, that really sucks, because i doubt i'll be popping the game back in after i complete it just to watch movies, ugh.

General Kaliero
I've gotten Thrones now, and I have to say that I like it thus far. It truly does keep the spirit of Sands, with the addition of various things that keep the experience just new enough.

The speed kills are excellently done. My favorite so far has to be the double speed kill in the throne room. However, I'm a little afraid that the animations will get stale if I'm fighting the same two types of enemies the entire game.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the Dark Prince. There are enough breakable objects around during the puzzle segments to easily keep you alive through them. I was never below half-health while playing through his first part.

I've only encountered one glitch so far, which happened when I messed up a speed kill and instead somersaulted the enemy through a wall. He never came back, so oh well.

And even without having played Warrior Within, I feel very up on the story. I'm probably missing a few nuances here and there, but other than that I'm following.

TwisterGameX
Don't worry new villians every so often.

powerfulone1987
I finished the game just a while ago today.

I was surprised and didn't believe that I had beaten the game so fast and so easy. It said 21:37 was the time spent playing the game when I finished.

I am on break and had more time to play, maybe i played more than i realized but even in the end when I encountered some events, some told in reviews i read that hinted toward completing the game, and even other telling events and things said that clearly meant i had completed the game still went over my head and I did not believe until the end credits.

So i'm very surprised but pleased, I had planned on this being a longer ordeal like the other two, which both I didn't finish until right before the next one came out, in warriors within case, i didn't finish until after the third came out.

I had stopped playing the first, and came back to it to hurry and finish for the sequel and I did the same for the second.

I think it wraps up things nicely. I'm sad it's over, but i'm pleased.

It's something about the Prince of Persia games where it's just so hard to stop and I just feel the need to complete them and I do, which is not the case in any other game i've played b/c I rarely complete games, not because i don't want to but because of a difficult enemy or puzzle/obstacle or something like that.

I'd like to note that I completed this game without any help from a strategy guide or any use of cheats.

I also liked the extra movies they had in the movie gallery.

powerfulone1987
I've really been bugged with some of the explanations of the game and these aren't explanations giving by just anybody, these are like things on the back of the box. I'll paste one here from another site.

"The Prince is rapidly captured and Kaileena has no choice but to sacrifice herself and unleash the Sands of Time in order to save him. Now cast to the streets and hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that past battles have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him. "

Okay, the Prince wasn't captured, and Kaileena doesn't willingly sacrifice herself. Another says his father has cast him out into the streets and is hunting him and that's not the case. Past battles have not given rise to a Deadly Dark Prince, just one moment does and it has nothing to do with him battling or anything, it could have been as easily avoided, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So obviously the people who made the game and other people who've played the game and the people who write about the games on the websites don't know what they're talking about.

General Kaliero
I finished the game this morning. I'm sad that it only took me three days to complete, but I'm sure that, like Sands, I'll be playing through several time more just for the fun of it.

The Dark Prince is technically the desire for killing, for self-pleasure, for selfish things that was always part of the Prince, and presumably grew and consumed him because of the events of Warrior Within. So yes, the spirit of the Dark Prince could be said to have risen from past battles. The only difference here is that his darker thoughts (think "shoulder devil"wink were given the chance to corrupt him physically through the Sands released when Kaileena was killed. Just like it says at the end, the Dark Prince was not created by the Sands or the Vizier, he was always inside the Prince. I liked the thought of that, it extends to say that everyone, even heroes have a dark side that can take them over if they let it.

TwisterGameX
3 days..thats garbage..anyway did you like it better than SOT or WW.

List the badguys...

General Kaliero
What do you mean that's garbage? I bought the game two days ago, and finished this morning.

I haven't personally played Warrior Within, but I do like Thrones better than Sands. It still retains much of the charm and devilish puzzling that made me love Sands, with the exellent thematic element of the dual Princes and a much-improved combat system. I also like the addition of the Speed Kill, because it makes combat into a puzzle. One thing I will be testing in the replays is if it's possible to do all of the Prince's segments (excepting the bosses) without entering Combat Mode.

Not to say that Thrones doesn't have its problems. The chariot sequences were a bad move, though playable, but steering the second boss through the streets was horrendous. I ended up playing the sword-and-axe battle with no sand tanks because of that.

I also encountered, I think, two glitches. The one I mentioned before, of course, and one in the Labyrinth sequence where an enemy appeared, walked around in a circle without noticing me, and was impervious to my attacks.

Other than that, the sheer fun factor, combined with great thematic elements, makes me like Thrones more that Sands.

List the badguys?

TwisterGameX
Yes list the enemies. dog thing, chameleon .

oh yeah dark prince says when the big thing with no jaw grabs you he goes * I think he wants a kiss* I busted out laughing.

General Kaliero
Soldiers, archers, commanders, berserkers, hounds, goblins (hunched over green ones that don't like light), snakeladies, dancers... the bosses were Jawless Dude, Mr. Steers-like-a-tank, Swordy and Axey, and the Vizier. Happy?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Soldiers, archers, commanders, berserkers, hounds, goblins (hunched over green ones that don't like light), snakeladies, dancers... the bosses were Jawless Dude, Mr. Steers-like-a-tank, Swordy and Axey, and the Vizier. Happy?

yes

moshtitan
just bought it. love it.

Odie
Do anyone think they will make a movie off this? Maybe Quten teran teno will make it cuz the 3ed is like the bening of the 1st POP so do you think they will?

powerfulone1987
Don't forget that lady with the horns that runs away from you on the roof tops. She's a boss too, or something.
And how many chariot races did you do. I looked a review where i thought the man said there were 3 in there but i only experienced 2. I liked them. I did have to redo the second one a few times, but the more i did it, the less sand tanks i had to do, so by the time i completed the second one, i hadn't used any sand tanks and had them to use for the battle.

I did miss the haste sand power though. I wish they had kept that in 2 and 3.

Have you completed the game Twister.

I would believe that General had finished the game in 3 days, it didn't take me long either like i said above.

General Kaliero
Oh yeh, the lady that is the whole reason the Dark Prince got a physical form... heh. She was annoying. No backstory at ALL, what's with that?

I played two chariot levels, but maybe they were thinking of steering the big guy around like a chariot?

powerfulone1987
oh yeah, oh well.

When the Vizier was talking about how the prince took out his right hands, i was wondering who that was, b/c the game didn't really focus on them, but when i beat the game and went back and looked at the videos, i noticed that girl with the horns and a few others on the balcony where the prince gets the dagger.

When i first played in the beginning and you were suppose to listen to someone talk while you were on your way to the balcony, i didn't have a clue who it was. I was thinking it was the dark prince for a few seconds.

Also, on the last part where you're outside of this tall building, making your way up and you have a whole view of the city below, I was like ah man when i saw all of those lights coming from the city and going up into the sky, b/c i thought i was close to finishing (which i was but didn't know it) and so i thought i would still had some future time end up going back down to the city and having to close those gates, there were still five coming up from the ground, but luckily i was wrong.

I really did like that matrix thing they did with the camera at the end. When i finally got up there to the top and was facing him, i just stood there b/c i thought if i jump toward him, i would just fall and die, but i took the chance.

TwisterGameX
I didn't beat it yet( Stopped playing, had to study/do work for the last days of school before break) I will play it again today. So power..did you like it ? better than 1 or 2 ?

powerfulone1987
Of course I think it's better than 2.

And yes, b/c of the newly included speed kills, and the way the story flowed more smoothly and the cg graphics were much better, and the combat system, and the overall new overhaul, I like this better than number one.

Ushgarak
Well... personally, I think this was the weakest of the 3.

THe change of style away from 2 was welcome, but it's still nowhere near the style of 3. Furthermore, the level design has gone backwards- much less sophisticated than the immersive world of 2, simply being a straight chase through levels.

The visual style simply did not excite me this time- levels looked a lot more drab than before.

Camera angles are absurd in many places, and whoever designed he perspective on some of the boss battles needs to be shot. You should never die in a game because of a suddenly shifting control or perspective issue, but here it is easy.

There are no multiple endings or any innovation in that area tall; another step backwards.

The mood simply did not feel as good. I loved the character development of the brash Prince in the first, and at least the second one felt desperate. This one felt rather boring and obvious- bad boy comes good at the end. Bleurgh. Didn't hook me at all.

The Dark Prince is massively overpowered and renders combat pretty much irreleant; normal combat hasn't really changed at all, though losing the decapitatations and such has made it not look as good, and frankly the fights were not very much fun at all.

There is plenty that is good about it- the speed kills, though basically pointless, are fun, and led to some innovations in boss fighting; the voice acting is good, the acrobatic sections are very good (at their best, when you can run through a long section on instinct rather than trying and dying, they are the best in the series) and it is nice to see Farah and the Prince arguing again- and it tied back into the last two games just fine (in contrast to the second game, which made very little effort to refer to the first). It's by no means a bad game.

But it's not up to the first stylistically, or up to the second in design. Shame.

Oh, and they still haven't made out what that cut scene at the start of the second game was about!

powerfulone1987
Are you talking about the scene where the Prince is running away from the Dahaka and then is trapped at a dead end and turns to face the Dahaka as it approaches and then they go to him on the ship?

I never thought about that having a more deeper meaning or any explanation, I just took at face value.
I really can't think of a way to tie that in to the third game. I would think if it were further more explained that it would have been explained in the second game. That is if I'm referring to the scene you're referring to.

Ushgarak
It's in Babylon, that's why the link was suspected- else it had no value whatsoever, as he seems to be in a certain death situation at the end of it, and the Prince had been pormised that he was fated to die, and so on.

powerfulone1987
But since he killed the Dahaka in the second one, there wouldn't be any reason for it to be chasing him in the streets of Babylon in the third game.

Ushgarak
Only in one ending, and the whole basis is time weirdness anyway.

It was a very odd thing to include.

powerfulone1987
But the true ending is the only one that counts.

I think the Prince must of somehow got away from the Dahaka in the alley and that's why he went to the island to stop the stop the creation of the Sands of Time so that the Dahaka wouldn't be chasing him anymore.

I don't really undertand the whole creations of the sands of time.
Why did he have to take her to his time and defeat her to stop the creation. He could have just killed her in her time and she wouldn't be alive to create them.

Ushgarak
Well, at the time that cutscene was made, there was no 'true' ending. He also didn't look like a Prince who had only just started to face the Dahaka in that scene, nor was there any way out. Like I say, it was pointless.

And the plot of Warrior Within is a complete and utter mess, is the problem there. Basically, the rationale is that if she died in her time, the Sands would be created by her death, but there is so much missing detail to all that... very aggravating.

powerfulone1987
i see, just trying to make sure it wasn't me who had UNCOMPREHENSION problems with that game, b/c a few things and events in that game still has me questioning them.

Well I guess the creators knew what they were doing and which ending they were going to use before we did.

Ushgarak
No they didn't- they didn't have any idea at all!

Fact is, such games are always a bit of a mess. You comment earlier about confusion from game sites about the plot of the new game- that's because it kept changing in development. In trailers, you will see cutscenes and events that never happened; always there are considerable amounts of cut material.

That scene at the start of WW very much appears to be a leftover scene that they thought they might do something with... but never did.

powerfulone1987
so if you're right, that means they must have forgot to cut it, or they thought it was so good , that they had to put it in there anyway.

I guess one of the cut scenes was the one they put in the gallery where the prince sees pharah lying on the floor and then he touches her cheek and turns into the dark prince and they she flips up and stuff.
I liked that scene.

I also notice in the commercials they show on tv for this game, they have scenes that aren't in the game, but something tells me they were just for commercial puproses and nothing else, and they look like they may be of better quality than what's in the game, but the cutscenes in the commercial look great.

Ushgarak
There seems to be an alternative genesis of the Dark Prince in one of them, which seems significant.

powerfulone1987
how so

TwisterGameX
I am about to play it again...is the game harder than 2 ?

powerfulone1987
if you've completed the game and are about to play again, wouldn't you yourself know if it was harder than 2?

And what did you think about the game and the ending now that you've finished it?

thefubsyday
I just started PoP 3. I love it so far, but Im stuck at the first boss. The huge guy with a sword. I know I have to climb up the side and do a speed kill at him, but once I am on him, my dagger doesn't glow for the other speed kill attacks. So I have know idea when to strike nd he just keeps throwin me off. I think it's a glitch, but I could use some advice

Zatch
Originally posted by thefubsyday
I just started PoP 3. I love it so far, but Im stuck at the first boss. The huge guy with a sword. I know I have to climb up the side and do a speed kill at him, but once I am on him, my dagger doesn't glow for the other speed kill attacks. So I have know idea when to strike nd he just keeps throwin me off. I think it's a glitch, but I could use some advice Yeah I need the same advise as well. I do it all but nothing works after the speed kill part.

powerfulone1987
Are yall talking about the huge giant? I'm trying to remember a big guy with a sword but it brings nothing up in my mind. I can't remember the first boss. Can you explain the boss or anything else about that stage in more detail and maybe I can help.

TwisterGameX
The jawless dude. Run to the wall and do the platform jumping until yoiu jump on his face and do speed kills.

powerfulone1987
they said they got to that part, but they thing they're experiencing a glitch b/c their sword won't light up for the next speed kills so they don't know when to press the button. I didn't experience this but in some later battles, like the final boss battle, it was difficult to see the sword light up b/c of all the other brightness in the stage from the sky and boss.

There are some good Strategy guides at gamefaq.

TwisterGameX
oh yeah. it happens when you miss or rewind the speed kills to try again. I just time it myself and remember where they are and how soon. it slows down some so time it and also it will start back.

powerfulone1987
When I would rewind on speedkills, the weapon would still light up repeatedly for me, no matter how many times I rewound.

Maybe it was just you or a glitch on your game or something. I never had any trouble with my weapon lighting up accept on bright stages where it was hard to see.

TwisterGameX
Only for that boss it happened to me while jumping onto his head.

powerfulone1987
Oh, well i didn't have any trouble with him.

You never answered my post at the top of this page a while ago.

DaRk Lotus
That game kick ass the frist 6 times i beat it Does any one know about the game being made into a movie?

powerfulone1987
wow, you're very committed. I think i heard something a while back about it being made into a movie, but it could have all been in my head.

DaRk Lotus
well...I have no life all i do is work and play videogames

powerfulone1987
Correction, all you do is work and play PRINCE OF PERSIA: TWO THRONES.

Yumcarrots
i have that game (got really cheap big grin)
i can't even get past the tutorial, keep falling of ledges and missing jumps mad

Padmé Amidala
I got this game a few weeks aog cause yeah I worked at a game store. Its a good game, never played a PoP game before

powerfulone1987

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.