Square-Enix and It's Fondness for Multiple Delays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I thought Kingdom Hearts II was coming out this month....and it turns out it's delayed AGAIN until March. Why does Square Enix always delay its products? They've been delaying projects for multiple years now...

TwisterGameX
lol I know what you mean so i said the hell with them.

Spearhead
Blizzard's far worse...SC: Ghost was scheduled, like, two years ago, but it's still being developed/advertised

though I know what you mean

Lana
Most companies do have delays, but Squenix is rather infamous for it. Like FFX-2, the release date got changed so many times for the US release that the official one was announced a week before. There's still no official release date in the US for Advent Children (though now March 28th is the date being thrown around).

There's really not much we can do about it, sadly erm

Draco69
For some damn reason, VOICING the game seems to take more time than MAKING the game...

Lana
It does take a long time to translate and redub it, yes. They have to translate it, hire new voice actors, record the lines, and then reanimate everything so that it matches up.

Avenger2.0
Yous seem like a bunch of whingers.....Australia gets games way after america.

Draco69
Yes. But us Americans are known for our impatience. Which is why we invented fast food restaurants...

Draco69
Originally posted by Lana
It does take a long time to translate and redub it, yes. They have to translate it, hire new voice actors, record the lines, and then reanimate everything so that it matches up.

*sigh* There goes my winter break gaming session. Gonna have to find another RPG to gorge on until Square game releases.

Maybe Dragon Warrior....

Lana
Originally posted by Draco69
*sigh* There goes my winter break gaming session. Gonna have to find another RPG to gorge on until Square game releases.

Maybe Dragon Warrior....

Dragon Warrior eek! I've been playing those games my whole life, literally (played the first when I was 3 years old). I need to get Dragon Quest VIII. Which has a demo of FFXII, btw.

Draco69
Yes. I saw the demo on Gamespot. I wanna play it. I'm curious what that Gambit thingy is. I'm eager to test out the new battle system. They better have at least ONE summon...

Avenger2.0
What yous have demos of FFXII in america, already.

Lana
Just one, and it's packaged with DQVIII. I haven't played it yet.

The game isn't even out in Japan so I'm rather surprised we've gotten a demo of it already.

BackFire
Square is slipping up, big time. They're botching their release dates constantly.

Unless FF12 is the best FF game ever, then there is no excuse for it taking so damn long to make.

Smasandian
Who can forget about Valve.

They made it thier duty to constantly miss deadlines. Oh the controversy about the HL2 deadline. Or how Half-Life was remade from the ground up twice.

Was anybody surpraised that HL2:Aftermath got delayed. But, in the defence, both heavily delayed games turned out to be two of the best games ever. So atleast, the company came through.

MarioX
I thought Kingdom Hearts II was coming out this month....and it turns out it's delayed AGAIN until March. Why does Square Enix always delay its products? They've been delaying projects for multiple years now... the march release date was announced MONTHS ago for the US... are you high?

Draco69
Hey! I don't keep up with the release dates!

MarioX
then don't b!tch and make another thread about it!

Lana
Excuse me. Don't be telling other people what they can and can't do. This is about Square-Enix in general, not just KH-2. Which has been delayed a LOT.

Draco69
Excuse me. Don't be telling other people what they can and can't do. This is about Square-Enix in general, not just KH-2. Which has been delayed a LOT.

Yeah!

*gives mod a cookie*

big grin

Lana
Mmmmmm, cookies big grin

MarioX
Yeah and cookies are definately on topic.... is this a congratulation of supressing my opinion? I believe I'm entitled to it and if you can't keep up with release dates, then they shouldnt be surprises to you. This is a forum not a dictatorship.. it's common sense, if you find out that marijuana is illegal just now, then dont complain, its been like that for awhile... u were just ignorant. just like square's delays.

Draco69
A forum of mutual respect...not belittlement.

WindDancer
Okay MarioX I giving YOU a final warning. Drop that attitude or your gone for a few days. I'm not going repeat this again. Either you drop it or we drop you from the forum. Stop your childish behavior.

WD

MarioX
Sorry.. thought it was logical. If everyone didn't see that that way then I apologize.

BunnyCupCakes
Um....I'm new so...okay?(lost with past conversation)An-e-wayz, we all know Square Enix's games HAS to come to the U.S sometime( he can't keep us waiting 4-ever) Most ppl say the reason for his doing is making last touches 2 the games b4 it hits stores.

KH2 is suppose 2 some out somewhere in 2006 of spring( rumors in March actually)b4, ppl were sayin' in December, they're wrong*SE is working on the KH2 official website right now, so go check it out on the original KH website*
FF7:AC....yeah, March as well...I think or was it January too...? It was delayed becuz since it's being dubbed 2 ENGLISH, SE had 2 make the mouths of the characters move with the American words & that it might make a theatrical release in the U.S as well....

That's all I know....

Phoenix Aska
I thought Kingdom Hearts II was coming out this month....and it turns out it's delayed AGAIN until March. Why does Square Enix always delay its products? They've been delaying projects for multiple years now...

square enix sucks...ever since they changed their name from square soft they've made lousy rpg games.

powerfulone1987
i was always confused about the whole squar enix and soft thing.
I was beginning to think they were two different companies or that they just used both names whenever they wanted.

I like the name Squaresoft better.

is it comprehensible.....

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
i was always confused about the whole squar enix and soft thing.
I was beginning to think they were two different companies or that they just used both names whenever they wanted.

I like the name Squaresoft better.

well from what i remember...squaresoft merged with some other company around the time the ps2 first came out..hence ffx was made..and that's where everything went downhill...

powerfulone1987
Final Fantasy X was my first Final Fantasy game and I really liked it and the sequel.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Final Fantasy X was my first Final Fantasy game and I really liked it and the sequel.

well good for you.

ffx wasn't bad...even though i guess it sounds like i hate it sometimes...it just wasn't as good as ffviii, and ix, and vi. I use to like vii but that's all people talk about so..i dont really anymore.

if you ever get the chance you should play 6 and 9.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
well good for you.

o..k....a...y.....

Lana
Squaresoft merged with Enix.

FFX is my favorite of the series. I couldn't play FFIX, it was far too slow and put me to sleep. Hence four years after I started it, I haven't beaten it.

Phoenix Aska
Squaresoft merged with Enix.

FFX is my favorite of the series. I couldn't play FFIX, it was far too slow and put me to sleep. Hence four years after I started it, I haven't beaten it.

whatcha mean too slow?

was it the story that went by to slow or what? confused

Lana
The battles took WAY too long. It shouldn't take nearly five minutes just for an average random encounter.

powerfulone1987
god, i wouldn't be able to sit through 100+ of those.

Phoenix Aska
The battles took WAY too long. It shouldn't take nearly five minutes just for an average random encounter.

wow...i dont remember battles taking that long...i don't even think the end boss took 5 minutes...

SaTsuJiN
these days its like you have to ask yourself, "Sure I like this game.. but when the hell is it ever coming out?"

Ushgarak
I have to agree with Spearhead- Blizzard is worse. Heck, forget Ghost's interminable delay, I remember how damn long Starcraft itself took, after being advertised as coming out 'this year' for several years in a row.

They are perfectionists- even to the extent of cancelling games if need be.

I dunno what Square's excuse is.

Lana
Hehe, I vaguely remember Blizzard delays...my brother plays those games more than I, though, the only ones by them I've ever played was the Diablo series.

And I really don't know what Squenix's excuse is, other than underestimating the amount of time....I mean, right now we've got FFVII: Advent Children, FFXII, and KH2 on massive delays. At least KH2 has a release date, and FFXII an estimated one, but FFVII:AC still does not have an official date. And it's been out in Japan since September. That's just dumb and really annoying, and a lot of people who are waiting for that movie are pissed.

powerfulone1987
I thought Kingdom Hearts 2 was coming out in March, but yesterday I saw a release date for April 16th.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.