Say Goodbye to Alpha Flight...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
****ing Bendis is at it again. He's gonna kill Alpha Flight...

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=269

Creshosk
Oh god. . . sad

King _mungi isn't going to be very happy. no

King_Mungi
They better not F'N kill them, I just hope it's a name change like Avengers North or something.

Draco69
I went to the message board. The only one who will survive is Sassie. The rest of the team gets steamrolled unfortunately....

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Draco69
I went to the message board. The only one who will survive is Sassie. The rest of the team gets steamrolled unfortunately....

WHAT? WHERE DID YOU READ THIS?

Draco69
The Brian Michael Bendis Message Board. Go to uncannyx-men.net

*trembles in fear of King Mungi's wrath* blink

King_Mungi
The Brian Michael Bendis Message Board. Go to uncannyx-men.net

*trembles in fear of King Mungi's wrath* blink

Seriously where the f' is it? I just found the sketches nothing about him killing them.

Draco69
http://www.jinxworld.com/index.html

Go to the tab message board. Go to BMB. Than scroll down for the title:

So this Alpha Flight deal...(NA spoilers)

King_Mungi
Wait this one?
http://606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=45136&page=1&highlight=alpha+flight

They are all just speculating, or did I miss actual spoilers in there?

long pig
Originally posted by Creshosk
Oh god. . . sad

King _mungi isn't going to be very happy. no
I honestly hope it's not true just so King won't be sad. sad

Creshosk
Liked this:

At the end of Scott Lobdell's recent Alpha Flight series, we were left with two versions of Alpha Flight running around.

The actual original team (minus Sasquatch) had gone into space with some Plodex eggs.

Then the replacement team with lesser known characters, lead by Sasquatch, had a time travel story that brought a version of the classic Byrne Alpha Flight from the past into the present. And they stayed here.

How can this be their last battle if their are two alph flights?

Draco69
There were ACTUAL spoilers by a mod. A mod on the board is close to Bendis himself.

If it's on this board than it's most likely gonna happen because I have looked at their history and they've been right about most of the future stores 90%....

I hope it doesn't happen. Maybe Alpha Flight will merge with the New Avengers. Lord knows the NA needs some real players and not a gangbanger.

King_Mungi
Northstar apparently is suppose to get a push

and Draco what page is the mod spoilers one?

oh and Longpig I won't be sad...I WILL BE F'N PISSED!

Draco69
Originally posted by King_Mungi

I can't find it. Sorry. You're just gonna have to look. A poster mentioned it....

There's two friggin Northstars on the same damn planet. Kill one of them. I don't care who.

Draco69
And come now. You all know life and death is like a woman's period. They come and go. If Alpha Flight dies they'll be back in a week or two...

Creshosk
There were ACTUAL spoilers by a mod. A mod on the board is close to Bendis himself.

If it's on this board than it's most likely gonna happen because I have looked at their history and they've been right about most of the future stores 90%....

I hope it doesn't happen. Maybe Alpha Flight will merge with the New Avengers. Lord knows the NA needs some real players and not a gangbanger.

Captain America, Spiderman, Wolverine. . Ironman. . . popularity personified as a team, just need. . . I liked that comment too, it explains so much about why Earth's mightest have become more like "Street level's mightiest" . .

8bitChris
Wait this one?
http://606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=45136&page=1&highlight=alpha+flight

They are all just speculating, or did I miss actual spoilers in there?

Yeah, false alarm.

The solicit for the issue calls it the "last ride of Alpha Flight" or something along those lines. But nobody knows what is actually going to happen yet.

That bit about it being confirmed that Sasquatch is going to be the only survivor is bs.

long pig

I wouldn't blame you.

It's possible then, that only the clones? Or whatever they are are killed. Not the originals.

Draco69
Well it won't be that bad than. If the stand-ins are killed than the originals are still around to help. But I doesn't explain why it's a FINAL battle.

King_Mungi
Alright I'm going to find that damn post right now!

Creshosk
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Yeah, false alarm.

The solicit for the issue calls it the "last ride of Alpha Flight" or something along those lines. But nobody knows what is actually going to happen yet.

That bit about it being confirmed that Sasquatch is going to be the only survivor is bs. Actually that wouldn't be too bad, since if you look at the spoiler I brought over, he's the only of the original team, the others are time displaced duplicates.

8bitChris
The Original Alpha Flight is somewhere off in space.

Sasquatch founded a new Alpha Flight with different members.

Sasquatch also went back in time and got the original team in the past and pulled them to the present. They stayed in the present. So, if they were grabbed from the past and stayed in the present then it would be safe to say that they also avoided ever travelling off into deep space in the first place. So technically, there is only two teams. The original team, and the one Sasquatch founded.

Jeez, Alpha Flight is all kinds of messed up.

Lucid Lui
I refuse to believe Bendis would kill off a whole team. Especially the team that's consisting of the more popular Alpha Flight members. He can't do it.

Quick, someone reassure me...

Creshosk
The Original Alpha Flight is somewhere off in space.

Sasquatch founded a new Alpha Flight with different members.

Sasquatch also went back in time and got the original team in the past and pulled them to the present. They stayed in the present. So, if they were grabbed from the past and stayed in the present then it would be safe to say that they also avoided ever travelling off into deep space in the first place. So technically, there is only two teams. The original team, and the one Sasquatch founded.

Jeez, Alpha Flight is all kinds of messed up. Except the way the timeline works, by going into the past her went into an alternate timeline, since the MU works quite the same as Back to the future.

I guess since you posted that without the spoiler tag I don't really need to either. messed

Draco69
Another thing that concerns me:

Bendis is predictable. Seriously. You can see the endings of the stories a mile away. Remember when they were advertising that "One Avenger will die!". And Hawkeye DID die. So if it says this Alpha Flight's "final battle" than it's most likely gonna be that way...

Draco69
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I refuse to believe Bendis would kill off a whole team. Especially the team that's consisting of the more popular Alpha Flight members. He can't do it.

Quick, someone reassure me...

He killed Hawkeye, Vision, and destroyed a thirty plus year tradition of the Avengers.

Hell yes he would kill a team. The man is so full of himself...

8bitChris
I don't feel as if I spoiling anything if the story has already been out for a very long time. smile

Lucid Lui
He killed Hawkeye, Vision, and destroyed a thirty plus year tradition of the Avengers.

Hell yes he would kill a team. The man is so full of himself... That was not reassuring. sad

8bitChris
Originally posted by Creshosk
Except the way the timeline works, by going into the past her went into an alternate timeline, since the MU works quite the same as Back to the future.

I guess since you posted that without the spoiler tag I don't really need to either. messed

Marty had to go back into the past so he wouldn't be erased from the future.

So wouldn't Alpha Flights trip into space, among other things, be erased since they were ripped from the past and brought into the present?

Draco69
That was not reassuring. sad

I'm a realist not an optimist.... stick out tongue

Creshosk
Marty had to go back into the past so he wouldn't be erased from the future.

So wouldn't Alpha Flights trip into space, among other things, be erased since they were ripped from the past and brought into the present? Fine, back to the future two then.

Altering the past that drastically cause it to divert in to alternate timelines. . .

Draco69
It can possibly be like what happened to the Freedom Fighters in IC...

I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis sees the death of Alpha Flight as shockvalue.

Not like he hasn't done it before...

King_Mungi
And come now. You all know life and death is like a woman's period. They come and go. If Alpha Flight dies they'll be back in a week or two...

It's the principle, they shouldn't even be killed off from the start, and I still can't find that post.

Yeah, false alarm.

That bit about it being confirmed that Sasquatch is going to be the only survivor is bs.

The solicit said, 'Alpha Flight... in their FINAL BATTLE'

It better be, or I will raise some hell.

Originally posted by long pig
I wouldn't blame you.

It's possible then, that only the clones? Or whatever they are are killed. Not the originals.

If he does kill them I will prove once and for all, not all Canadians are nice.

Huge problems if it's the team that Shaman brought from the past to the present. Since Northstar, Aurora and even Snowbird were brought back...yet where are they?

Lucid Lui
From the solicitations i assume it's going to go down something like this;

This "Collective" turns up somewhere in Canada. Alpha Flight are first on the scene. They get absolutely massacred. Then, maybe a couple of issues later, the New Avengers come and save the day and beat the collective. Stupid. Why? NA would get their asses handed to them by Alpha Flight (excluding Sentry). But having another team massacred is just a ploy to make the threat seem more badass and a waste of great characters.

That's just a theory anyway. Hopefully it's much more entertaining than that. And there are no dead Canadians involved.

If Shaman dies i'll be really pissed.

Creshosk
I like Puck myself. sad

Draco69
From the solicitations i assume it's going to go down something like this;

This "Collective" turns up somewhere in Canada. Alpha Flight are first on the scene. They get absolutely massacred. Then, maybe a couple of issues later, the New Avengers come and save the day and beat the collective. Stupid. Why? NA would get their asses handed to them by Alpha Flight (excluding Sentry). But having another team massacred is just a ploy to make the threat seem more badass and a waste of great characters.

That's just a theory anyway. Hopefully it's much more entertaining than that. And there are no dead Canadians involved.

If Shaman dies i'll be really pissed.

That's probably what's gonna happen.

Lucid Lui
I actually don't think there was an Alpha Flight character i didn't like. From the original series anyway. There were some thoroughly annoying people in the reboot team. I haven't read vol 3 so i dunno about those characters.

King_Mungi
Puck 2 is cool, but yes if written to what they actually can do they would murder NA. Shaman could possibly even take out Sentry.

Lucid Lui
Shaman's cool. Always been my fav member.

Draco69
Northstar!! Until Millar killed him, revived him, and made him all crazy....

Hopefully he'll get better.

King_Mungi
Well techincally there are two Northstar's around, and a letter in New Excalibur #1 it says big things are coming for him.

long pig
Alpha Flight remindes me of the Defenders. They both get the ass end of every deal.

I don't think AF will be killed off, just changed.

King_Mungi
Did you finish reading the AF Respect Thread yet, long pig?

and I tottally agree, and I hope it's just a name change or something.

King_Mungi
Nice, I'm going to have some kick ass scans tommorow. Such as Sas destroying Wolverine, Puck flooring Wolverine and SHaman kicking asssmile oh and Earthmover appears

DarkCrawler
They better not kill them. sad

Alpha Flight is best team around after the Defenders and Astonishing X-Men...

King_Mungi
Keep the faith people sad

I hope the thread has put AF in a new light on this board.

8bitChris
Yeah, Alpha Flight has always been a good team.

People just treat them like second rate X-characters because they were kinda introduced in the X-mens' book.

However, aside from that they are pretty much unrelated to the X-men. The only major connection is the Wolverine one, and that really isn't a connection at all.

King_Mungi
Yeah, Alpha Flight has always been a good team.

People just treat them like second rate X-characters because they were kinda introduced in the X-mens' book.

However, aside from that they are pretty much unrelated to the X-men. The only major connection is the Wolverine one, and that really isn't a connection at all.

Tottally agree, and they were introduced first in Uncanny X-Men. They developed such a huge cult following it resulted them getting their own series.

I just posted some badass scans of Sasquatch and Shaman in the respect thread.smile

Piedmon
PUCK!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ScarletSpider
I liked it when writers sold titles by using merit and skill. Now Bendis just rests on his laurels, turning out hackneyed bile each and every month.

I'm glad he's leaving Daredevil and I hope his Spider-Woman title tanks. "But I'm Bendis! How could it not sell! I'm Bendis! I'm magic! Bendis! *cries*"

King_Mungi
Hmmmm....just found a poster of the upcoming "Whoose side are you on?" and in the "W" we see Guardian and Puck. Does this mean Alpha Flight doesn't die?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/wsayo6cs.gif

long pig
If they die, we should revolt...against the man. yes

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig
If they die, we should revolt...against the man. yes

Damn the man, and **** THE POLICE!

King_Mungi
Hmmmm...some members may actaully end up in West Coast Avengers

from,
http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays28.html
"NRAMA: "Gamma Duck" - With the team itself getting a mention in Millar's interview in Wizard and your comments this past Friday of a "not-necessarily-the-West-Coast-Avengers" team potentially in the works, is it possible that we'll be seeing a new Champions team made up of the former Avengers who didn't make the cut in Bendis' book, as well as some (hopefully) other non-Avengers characters?

JQ- Gamma Duck, let me just say that the name Champions has been getting thrown around as of late in the Marvel offices. So let me just leave it at that."

King_Mungi
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=70&page=7
It's the "Collective" that Alpha is facing, after it has crashed to earth. It being the combined energy/powers of all the de-powered mutants...It looks like AF are in big trouble. F you Bendis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.