X-Men 3 trailer news (destricption)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xplosive
While in Vancouver visiting the set of X-Men 3, ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com and several other online journalists were asked by Hugh Jackman, in full Wolverine garb, if we had seen the teaser trailer. When we said we hadn't, he said, "Oh, you've got to see it!" Little did we know that he hadn't seen it either and was actually on his way to check it out. After a quick check with the Fox representatives, Hugh Jackman got approval from our gracious Fox hosts to let us see it with him. He then led us through a maze of trailers to a truck trailer with a screening room. (There's nothing more surreal than following Wolverine, along with a group of fellow internet geeks, through a movie set.) We all sat down and got to watch the teaser along with Jackman himself. I'll do my best to recap it.

The trailer is a montage of scenes from the film. It starts out with a voice over by Patrick Stewart. As he talks about the war of mutants (as well as angels and demons), we see a bunch of very, very brief scenes. Here's what I remember (not necessarily in order):

- The X-Men walking down the hall in the basement of the X-Mansion. We see Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and others.
- An exterior shot of the X-Mansion
- Storm walking out of the Mansion doors and looking at a cloudy sky.
- Quick shot of Professor X in a wheelchair.
- A shot of Beast and the other X-Men at what appears to be a funeral.
- A shot of Angel, shirtless and in a lab, quickly unfolding his wings in from of some scientists.
- A quick shot of the President and his advisors.
- Juggernaut in a containment cell.
- A shot of Magneto in the woods flanked by Pyro, Juggernaut, and an Asian mutant among others. Magneto delivers a line and dozens of mutants raise their fists in the air.
- Cyclops screaming at the sky.
- Wolverine meeting Cyclops at Alkali Lake and his glasses flying off and into Wolverine's hand.
- Jean Grey waking up on an infirmary table.
- An X-Student walking through the halls of the Mansion flying paper airplanes with his powers.
- Storm flying through the air, then spinning and knocking people over.
- Storm flying and knocking Wolverine out of the way of debris falling down (in a Danger Room training sequence).
- A shot of Magneto causing a car to fly up into the cab of a truck.
- A shot of Magneto and other mutants walking along the Golden Gate Bridge. The Bridge then starts ripping and bending apart.
- A shot of Jean Grey casually walking towards a door in the infirmary and it violently blowing apart.
- A scene of Wolverine jumping out of a tree and tearing someone apart with his claws.

The trailer then concludes with the X and Wolverine's claws as seen on the poster. The reaction to it was overwhelmingly positive among us and we applauded it (which was again surreal with Hugh Jackman there seeing it for the first time with the rest of us). We asked to see it again and they obliged. Jackman even wanted to see it too, so he stuck around. All in all it was a fun evening. You'll hear more about our visit to the set in coming months.

The X-Men 3 teaser trailer will be attached to King Kong when it hits theaters, but it will debut online this coming Monday, Dec. 5th. Watch for it on Apple's website in High Definition quality.

Thanks again to 20th Century Fox and Hugh Jackman for giving us a sneak peek. You guys are going to love it, too.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=12202

May 26th, 2006 sees the release of the next chapter in the 20th Century Fox film franchise "X-Men." With "X-Men 3" currently filming in Vancouver, Canada, CBR's George Tramountanas traveled to the Great White North to see what the film makers have in store for eager fans. While the full set report won't be published until sometime in the coming months, Fox & actor Hugh Jackman-- in full Wolverine garb-- gave CBR News and the assembled press a first look at the trailer for the film, which is set to hit the Web this coming Monday, December 5th on Apple's Quicktime trailer Web site. Until then, to satiate your X-appetite, George called in the following description of the trailer. Take it away George.

"The trailer opens with a voice-over from Professor X and a shot of the X-Men team, which includes an image of Colossus in costume. Professor X goes on to say, 'Since the dawn of existence there have always been moments when the course of history shifted. Such a turning point is upon us now.'

"Then we see a clip of Magneto standing with a group of mutants, which looks like it could possibly be the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. You get a quick glimpse of Juggernaut in the background and someone who could potentially be Calisto. Magneto then addresses a large group of mutants assembled in front of him and says, 'They wish to cure us, but I say we are the cure.' Then back to Professor X and his voice-over, 'The conflict between the better and worse angels of our very nature, the outcome will change our world so greatly, there will be no going back. I do not know if victory is possible, I only know that great sacrifice will be required, but because the fate of many will depend on few, we must make the last stand.'

"In addition I can tell you from the trailer that the entire cast is back, except for Nightcrawler. When I say the entire cast we do see Jean Grey in the trailer. Cyclops is definitely in there. We also get a glimpse of Angel and his wings. Beast makes a couple of brief appearances in the trailer and I can say he's blue and furry and looks fantastic! In one scene following a shot of the exterior of the White House, Beast is seen sitting, wearing a suit, with what looks like a group of government officials.

"There's a good shot of Kitty Pryde in there. Storm is back and she finally has awesome hair that looks great and doesn't look like a wig. We see Wolverine in a scene where he looks like he's sliding down a wall, using his claws to slow himself. And, of course, Professor X talking to some students.

"One of the most intriguing scenes in the trailer was of a funeral in progress, attended by many members of the X-Men, but we don't know whose funeral it is.

"And that is what I have to say about the trailer. It looks fantastic and I think fans are going to be very excited."

Thanks for the late night phone call, George, and special thanks to 20th Century Fox and Hugh Jackman for giving us this special behind-the-scenes look at "X-Men 3."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=6271

Hugh Jackman, a wonderful host, was kind enough to take us into a trailer for a special sneak peek of Ratner's X-Men Trailer and the people at Fox were so gracious and accomodating. He was as giddy as us to see it! We were so blown away that he was kind enough to show it twice.

The trailer shows so much content at such a quick pace that a frame by frame analysis is a must.

Overlayed with a naration by Patrick Stewart the footage is set to a deep drum beat that puts all the action to rhythm.

We see so much including Jean Gray with her Phoenix red hair, Juggernaut, Beast sitting at a boardroom table with a bunch of government officials, the X-Men in the X-Jet cockpit, Storm flying, Pyro, Angel with his wings, the Golden Gate Bridge being torn apart, Wolverine with sparks flying from his claws while plummeting down a, what looks like a metal wall, a woman from the that looks like Jean Gray blows a door off it's hindges, Rogue, Cyclops yelling at the edge of a mountain and taking off his glasses and shooting his eye beam, Wolverine finding Cyclops' glasses floating and turning in the air, Wolverine smoking a cigar while fireballs are behind him, students at Xaviers school, Magneto with a bunch of mutants in a forest, large funeral scene with the X-Men at attendance, Jean Gray on a silver table lying down with some sort of helmet on, and Mystique on top of a table with someone sitting down below.

I know there was more but it all went by so fast and I was so excited to see it, that I can't remember everything. But you can see in it's entirety on Monday on the Apple Trailer Website.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Stay tuned to the IESB for further updates!

http://www.iesb.net/fox2005/120105.php

I want to die in my sleep like Mr. James. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

LISA-J
I hate we're only going to get a quick glimpse of rogue-that sucks,but the rest sounds cool.

Xplosive
Rogue is the only one I would want her out, just because Anna, worse choice couldnt have been made (this I am sayin due to phyiscal apperance, no where near, much worse than Ian for Magneto, much worse).

RisingStorm
I can't wait with the Storm flying and how Angel looks!!! I can't wait for Phoenix too!!! This is going to be soooooooooooo awesome!!!

Mainstream
I heard that Multiple man gonna have like 20 to 50 "copies" in a Sci-if mag.

Fianna
omg..how exciting eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.