Current Thanos vs Odin in a Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
I was look at those scans of Odin vs Thanos and it occurs to me that Odin was winning because of the fact he was a more powerful Cosmic Wielder. I think it would have been a hell of a better fight if the powers were put aside. Also I think Odin was also getting the upper hand because he was in Asgard so maybe that played a factor to So I would like to see Odin and Thanos in a desert no powers no staffs and no Asgard. Hand to Hand.I also believe the Current Thanos is more powerful then the one Odin fought.

roughrider
Should Odin be chained to a chair as well, since you're taking away almost all his power?
This is reminding me of those various Thing vs. Superman threads (How about this! With a twist!...)

golem370
No this is Man against Man no tricks no powers just a straight up fight

grey fox
Originally posted by golem370
No this is Man against Man no tricks no powers just a straight up fight

Doesn't matter , odin out of asgard is a weakling compared to thanos.

roughrider
No energy projection or anything on both sides? Things are still not easy for Thanos, who is just an average h2h combatant. Odin has millenia of experience as a fighting warrior.

golem370
But Thanos is also like 20,000 years old to he is a Eternal

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
No energy projection or anything on both sides? Things are still not easy for Thanos, who is just an average h2h combatant. Odin has millenia of experience as a fighting warrior.

True , but experience can only do so much .....

the Darkone
Odin will kick his ass any where it dosen't matter. Odin is more powerful in asgard but he is still awsomely powerful out of it.

King KAM
thanos is great at h2h combat

Laminator_X
Frankly, I don't think either of them could win. I think the reason they both came out blasting was that they knew that no amount of physical pummelling could finish either one of them. You cant beat a cosmic powered Eternal to death, and Odin was able to stalemate Surtur in hand to hand.

roughrider
From a Thor character website, about Thanos:

Intelligence: Superhuman (9/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 100 (11/12)
Speed: Enhanced Human (5/10)
Stamina: Demi-godlike (8/10)
Durability: Godlike (13/14)
Agility: Enhanced Human (5/7)
Reflexes: Enhanced Human (5/7)
Fighting Skills: Although Thanos has generally eschewed physical combat, he has demonstrated formidable hand-to-hand fighting skills

I say formidable doesn't mean great. Odin still has a h2h edge I believe.

DrDoom101
Thanos outclasses Odin in a h2h battle. 900 tons vs. 75 tons

King KAM
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Odin is Strong but i think thanos can get him, if he wants to use the force neccessary.

grey fox
Various cosmic blasts with the occasional psionic attack will cause odin to keel over....

King Thor
I give it to Odin.

grey fox
....and i give it to thanos

Wild Cowboy
and you are dumb for saying that !!

grey fox
Not really , taking odin out of asgard is like taking a drunk out of a bar.

He looks pretty dangerous at first but eventually he becomes really weak.

Wild Cowboy
Well......... A drunk out of a bar would REALLY HURT SOMEONE..... if someone else doesn't kill him or he gets arrested !!!

grey fox
Lol , but you dont get my meaning .

Without asgard to fuel him odin eventually loses to the mad titan.

Wild Cowboy
Yeah, but what if Odin beats him up BEFORE he runs outta juice !!!

golem370
Thanos was a superb tactician and was well versed in many areas of arcane lore. Thanos was also a highly formidable hand to hand combatant. Plus before they changed the writting in Wikipedia it said he was Class 100 range, being able to routinely lift well in excess of 900 tons

DrDoom101
Are the characters allowed to augment their strength using their other powers? Cuz i know Odin's base is 75 tons which can increase with the help of his other powers.

ZephroCarnelian
Odin's base strength cannot be that...

Supes' base strength is hundreds of thousands, if not millions of tons...

You saying that Supes starts off thousands of times stronger than Odin the King of Asgard...?

confused

DrDoom101
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Odin's base strength cannot be that...

Supes' base strength is hundreds of thousands, if not millions of tons...

You saying that Supes starts off thousands of times stronger than Odin the King of Asgard...?

confused

oh this battle is in Asgard? My bad then.....

ZephroCarnelian
So you're honestly saying then, that outside of Asgard, Superman is tens, nay hundreds of thousands of times stronger than Odin? I'm just confused mate.... confused

golem370
I think Odin has the ability to amp his strength to able him to fight Surtur If Thanos can amp his strength that much then sure they can amp there Strength.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
So you're honestly saying then, that outside of Asgard, Superman is tens, nay hundreds of thousands of times stronger than Odin? I'm just confused mate.... confused

sorry i go by these websites. i apologize if they're wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin_%28comics%29
http://www.immortalthor.net/
http://www.vortex.bridgwater.ac.uk/mtlg/odin.htm

King KAM
Originally posted by DrDoom101
sorry i go by these websites. i apologize if they're wrong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin_%28comics%29
http://www.immortalthor.net/
http://www.vortex.bridgwater.ac.uk/mtlg/odin.htm
your not confused your correct, a write of Thor said it himself that even though the Odin Force is more "powerful" Superman is thousands of times physically stronger, and yes supes can lift over 2 million tons, Odin cant, he uses his Odinforce more often.

golem370
Show me where he lifted anything close to a Million tons.

the Darkone
Odin is a warrior born god, he has over 50,000 years of fighting experience over Thanos. Odin is 95 tons in strength, wisdom, fighting ability, speed, durability. It will be a great fight Odin still wins.

golem370
Your talking about Wisdom who told Galactus about the Hunger Parasite? Thano's greatest strength is his wisdom.

the Darkone
Your talking about Wisdom who told Galactus about the Hunger Parasite? Thano's greatest strength is his wisdom.

Thanos doesn't have wisdom he has super genius level intelligences 6/7.

Odin 7/7 in intelligences= omnipotent.

omnipotent>>>super genius

Odin>> Thanos

guy smiley
Is it just Odin that can't use all of his abilities and only his natural strength in this fight?

golem370
No Tricks.

olympian
Superman base its the same as most top tiers.

Odin is not 75 at base. Thor going against him never won and Zeus has defeated without strain top tiers before.

I rank them at least 95. I see them as more.

King KAM
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos doesn't have wisdom he has super genius level intelligences 6/7.

Odin 7/7 in intelligences= omnipotent.

omnipotent>>>super genius

Odin>> Thanos
you know that that means nothing, because reed richards is on 6/7 and are you trying to say odin is smarter than him??? didnt think so, rankings are silly.

golem370
Thanos has beat Silver Surfer he is suppose to be at Rage Hulk strength.

King KAM
Thanos has beat Silver Surfer he is suppose to be at Rage Hulk strength.
Thanos has beaten Eternity.....

olympian
" Thanos outclasses Odin in a h2h battle. 900 tons vs. 75 tons "

no expression

Where did you get the 900 tons exactly?.

Odin as shown in comics its not 75. Thats a handbook rating.

"Not really , taking odin out of asgard is like taking a drunk out of a bar"

Did he fought Seth, Surtur and Infinity in Asgard?

"Thanos has beaten Eternity....."

With the Ig.

golem370
I am not sure I saw it in Wikipedia but I think it's more then that Since he was doing well against a Mad Thor who lifts just over 100tons and then he also had the Power Gem to.

leonidas
anyone care to show me where it says odin is 'weak' outside of asgard? didn't the war between the asgardians and olympians take place outside asgard? i seem to recall odin having no trouble there. he also teamed with the other skyfathers outside of asgard to assault the celestials.

so? is this one more case of "i read it on the forum somewhere so i assume it to be true" or does someone really have evidence to support this claim?

until i see proof (which is admit MAY exist) odin still wins this. the well of his power is deeper than thanos's and he could augment his strength to a conceiveably higher level than thanos as a result.

Wild Cowboy
Yeah, anyone care to proof that !!!?? Szzhh, Thanos is getting TOO MUCH cred !!

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
anyone care to show me where it says odin is 'weak' outside of asgard? didn't the war between the asgardians and olympians take place outside asgard? i seem to recall odin having no trouble there. he also teamed with the other skyfathers outside of asgard to assault the celestials.

so? is this one more case of "i read it on the forum somewhere so i assume it to be true" or does someone really have evidence to support this claim?

until i see proof (which is admit MAY exist) odin still wins this. the well of his power is deeper than thanos's and he could augment his strength to a conceiveably higher level than thanos as a result. agreed

he was getting energy from a "source" i think people are making it up.

then again home is always better smile

Avalonofthewind
Odin wins.
Thanos = New Goku

leonidas
ya, i kinda figured no one had proof . . . wink

one more fallacy debunked.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by olympian
" Thanos outclasses Odin in a h2h battle. 900 tons vs. 75 tons "

I lost the ****ing page, my bad...ive no evidence

Laminator_X
Once he enlarged himself to matching size, Odin was able to wrestle Surtur to a standstill.

Surtur.

golem370
But no powers thou.

Ex11B
Where is Thanos these days?...if you ask me,he's probaly kicking back with his feet on a sofa,drinking beer.

K Von Doom
Generally speaking, mystic beings are weaker when taken out of their realms. A war between Asgardians and Olympians on a neutral field would be about even, seeing as both sides would be equally depowered.

leonidas
but i wasn't asking for generalities, i was seeking proof of a very specific 'mystic' named odin. instances of say, mephisto, out of his realm and being weaker are numerous. instances showing ODIN as weaker? not quite so prevalent, apparently, IF they exist at all. (which i'm beginning to highly doubt . . .)

Laminator_X
Odin was quite able to whoopass in Heliopolis, to the point of taking Seth's hand with an axe and successfully impersonating Atum-Re.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Odin wins.
Thanos = New Goku

Replacing the Old Goku: Superman. eek!

golem370
bump

MJOILNIR
Odin is not weaker outside of Asgard. Thier is nowhere Ive ever seen in comics that says this or even handbooks or the rpg for that matter. No doubt he is more comfortable there but that would be about it.

Broly92
odin wins plain and simple

Grimm22
Is Current Thanos more powerful than before or what confused

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Grimm22
Is Current Thanos more powerful than before or what confused
He gets power up's almost as often as Goku laughing so yea big grin

Grimm22
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
He gets power up's almost as often as Goku laughing so yea big grin

Really? no expression

Last I read of him was in Infinite Gauntlet

MJOILNIR
I cant give you a lot of specifics on the recent power ups. I know of them but not to what extent they were.

aliveinboston
I was look at those scans of Odin vs Thanos and it occurs to me that Odin was winning because of the fact he was a more powerful Cosmic Wielder. I think it would have been a hell of a better fight if the powers were put aside. Also I think Odin was also getting the upper hand because he was in Asgard so maybe that played a factor to So I would like to see Odin and Thanos in a desert no powers no staffs and no Asgard. Hand to Hand.I also believe the Current Thanos is more powerful then the one Odin fought.

Being in Asgard makes no difference. Energy wielding power makes no difference. Odin is physically far superior. Thanos, who is boosted via technology, physically assaulted Odin and Odin barely budged and in return a casual back-handed slap from Odin put Thanos on his ass.

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by The_Fury
Where is Thanos these days?...if you ask me,he's probaly kicking back with his feet on a sofa,drinking beer.

UMMMM...

Annihilation

wow...

i think you guys are underestimating thanos. he was declared to be nearly omniscient, hangs around with death's incaration all day and is curerently plotting against galactus and his newly vamped herald ss. he is somehow majorly involved in the newest universal epidemic...

he was fighting odin in asgard. just the fact that he had the guts to do that says that he (not being an idiot in any way shape or form, and extremely aware of his own power) believed he was a match for odin, or at least could hold his own against him.

now when you take odin's power away, as in no power, and pit him against a being who regularly uses his brute physical strength to humiliate other physically strong heroes... then you have a battle that i think will, eventually if not immediately, be in thanos's favor. especially since there will be no amping of strength by means of cosmic power.

celestialdemon
I'm a huge Thanos fan, but I would have to give this to Odin. Odin is physically at least as strong and Thanos and much older, so he's has years more fighting experience. Thanos' upgrade since their last fight would make this one a little more interesting, but I'd still say Odin wins.

bbrem123
ur not really goin to be able to tell how strong thanos currently is until he does some fighting in annihilation...because as of now hes not even backing down to Tenebrous and Aegis beings both as strong as galactus

thanospimphand
thanos is a expert hand to hand he has thousands of years of experience.

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by bbrem123
ur not really goin to be able to tell how strong thanos currently is until he does some fighting in annihilation...because as of now hes not even backing down to Tenebrous and Aegis beings both as strong as galactus

yes. after they handed him a seemingly koed or maybe dead fallen one (a being that was on his way to challenge galactus alone before intercepted by thanos and turned into a "herald of thanos" by him) thanos pretty much said we have a common goal, so i will help you two...

it's gunna be big.

Mider
yeah right that herald was weak

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by Mider

weak or not, he was supposedly a source of awesome power. and thanos took advantage of that. and he sent him to find beyonder? i didnt really get that. but anyway, i think thanos is currently more powerful than his previous showings, but its hard to be sure. he sure walks around like he's the sh!t though.

annihilus: thanos come here please
thanos: *PIMP SLAP* respek anni, you bettah rekanize son.
annihilus: yes, master.
thanos: damn straight.

Inhuman
Annihilation is shaping up to be really awsome

Sixth_Winged

And what fight are basing this from exactly other than his one fight with Thanos who also wrecked other heralds?

Thanos_1971
smile

Big Sexy
yeah right that herald was weak Its highly suspected that fallen one is probably a little under Surfer but probably above the likes of Terrax or firelord.

Crease
Didn't Galactus admit Fallen One was a threat in the mini?

rotiart
From a Thor character website, about Thanos:

Intelligence: Superhuman (9/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 100 (11/12)
Speed: Enhanced Human (5/10)
Stamina: Demi-godlike (8/10)
Durability: Godlike (13/14)
Agility: Enhanced Human (5/7)
Reflexes: Enhanced Human (5/7)
Fighting Skills: Although Thanos has generally eschewed physical combat, he has demonstrated formidable hand-to-hand fighting skills

I say formidable doesn't mean great. Odin still has a h2h edge I believe.

Any site that can't decide on a gosh darn standard ie. best of 7 as old marvel had it, or best of 10... should be ignored. wtf. 13/14 for durability, but agility is 5/7.

HisMajestyAC43
lol those stats are ridiculous.

hmmm i give that amount of strength a 7 out of 72.5

and maybe his speed is at a 14 out of 16

haha.

thats why i chose to ignore that post

joesha28
Odin could agument his strength and physical attributes with the Odinforce. I would say Odin wins 6/10.

golem370
In a fight I believe Thanos has the Strength advantage and is just as experienced as Odin. Thanos is thought to be between 20,000 and 25,000 years old. Also he went to the worst places in the Universe or Galaxy to hon his fighting skills he stay at those kinda places for 80years doin so. They also say that Thanos is always prepared going into a fight. I believe that he is above Superhuman I.Q and maybe just below Immeasurable I.Q

golem370
Source Thanos the Mad Titan- http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/powers.html

In his battles, Thanos has displayed not only his awesome durability, but also staggering physical strength. Impressive degrees of physical strength are the norm with Cosmic Eternals. The former leader of Earth's Eternals, Zuras, possessed physical strength at the level of superhuman class 50, as does the current leader, Ikaris. The most physically powerful of the Earth Eternals was a being that went by many names over the course of his long life, including Samson, and Gilgamesh. He was commonly referred to as the Forgotten One due to his former status as an outcast. The Forgotten One posessed superhuman strength in the class 100 range.

Thanos shows off his strength by decking Champion, the possessor of the power-gem. (From 'Thanos Quest' #1)

The aforementioned HBOTMU Book of the Dead openly states that before his death, Thanos presumably "possessed at least Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons". This clearly places him in a class alongside such beings as Thor and the Hulk in the strength department.

While it is not proven that Death increased his strength along with his resilience and other abilities, it is assumed that she did so. However, the level to which it was increased is unknown.

One topic of frequent debate revolves around whether or not Thanos' base strength is greater than the base level of strength for the Hulk. An incident during the Infinity War leans towards the theory that under normal circumstances, Thanos is stronger than the Hulk. Fans of the jade giant, naturally, refute this...ignoring the ability of one of the two key forces of this universe ( Namely Death ) to augment anyone to nearly any level she so chooses.

Ramus, A frequent poster to the Marvel boards, had the opportunity to ask a true authority about the matter. Writer Peter David, who wrote the Hulk comic for about 12 years, is a subscriber on AOL. Ramus decided to e-mail David about the matter. He was very detailed in his questioning, desiring to avoid any confusion.

To quote Ramus, he asked "if he ( Peter David ) thought Thanos was on a physical strength level higher than Hulk at any time he was writing (meaning various incarnations)."

David's reply was simple, answering: "Yeah, probably. Thanos is kind of in his own weight class."

Nice, clear answer eh?

K3VIL
Originally posted by grey fox
Doesn't matter , odin out of asgard is a weakling compared to thanos.
ROTFL
Odin fought out from Asgard with Seth and they caused multiversal level shockwaves with their energy attacks.Weakling?ROTFL again
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Thanos is Class 100.You don't seem to have any knowledge of the strength rankings.Class 100= Being able to lift in excess of 100 tons.In the case of Thanos, FAR, FAR MORE, than 900.Weilders of cosmic energies can usually enhance their strength to Class 100 level and that's the case of Thanos, 900 tons?Where did u get it?
Odin STARTS at 75 tons, with the Odin Force he can enhance his strength to incalculable levels.
Odin has thousand and thousand years of battles on his shoulders, he has the edge.

aliveinboston

Thanos hit Odin and didn't even cause him to backstep. In response, Odin pimpslapped Thanos off his feat. H2H easily goes to Odin. Odin can go hand to hand with Surtur without using the Odin Power.

golem370
He grew in size and I would bet might to fight him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.