Changing Daylight Savings Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
I'm on Central Standard Time here in Chicago folks. I hate it how it gets dark like at 4:30 already, and will continue to darken until December 21st. It's brutal, I tell ya'.

My personal feeling is that when the clocks change again in the spring, they should fall back again, not spring ahead, so I have don't have sunsets until 8:45-9ish. However, come the autumn then, they should move ahead, and then my nights wouldn't darken until like 5-5:30ish.

Anyone agree?

Draco69
No. It would be devastating to the global economy. The Savings time is fine the way it is. If we change it, than alot of things will go wrong. The banking system for one.

BobbyD
Really, Draco?

debbiejo
Ahhhh clock thing screws me up....They should change the little fall behind and spring ahead names.... confused

OH and I don't like the dark at 5PM.

BobbyD
I know, Deb. Doesn't that....(sniff, sniff) stink?

Lana
Hey, someone else who lives in Chicago!

I HATE how early it gets dark in the winter erm

There are many places, btw, where they don't use DST.

debbiejo
Like Texas

BobbyD
So you feel mine and Deb's pain, huh Lana?

Lana
Yep....as if the weather's not bad enough here in the winter, it gets dark mid-afternoon. I can't stand it.

BackFire
I love when it gets dark early. It's so awesome when you wake up and it's already getting dark out.

BobbyD
Plech! no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.