Is god dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
after hearing an interesting lecture earlier today, i couldn't help wondering if the madman was right?

thoughts?

JacopeX
Hell no. Good things have been happening to me and i alaways wear my cross around my neck prayin for him. None of the good stuff would happen to me without him.

Te amo Dios mio!!!

Odale bato!

grey fox
Certain people consider that mans sacrilegious ways have (in a way ) killed god , after all we can now play god with cloning and such....

BobbyD
First of all, Leonidas...it's God with a capital G. And no, He is not dead.

Shakyamunison
Were would god go if he was dead? confused laughing

BTW Bobby I made the "g" lowercase because I am talking about a man made god.

Storm
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed it.

JacopeX
Originally posted by JacopeX
Hell no. Good things have been happening to me and i alaways wear my cross around my neck prayin for him. None of the good stuff would happen to me without him.

Te amo Dios mio!!!

Odale bato!

Hes immortal!!!!!!!

GOD IS NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mentalguy
god cant be dead

im god

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mentalguy
god cant be dead
im god

Me too.

mentalguy
oh no your not, you can be jesus though

JacopeX
This is pathetic i hate when people say there someone from the bible

ey yo god, whats gonna happen to me tommorow

Shakyamunison

The God I was talking about is not in the bible, that would be god. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Storm
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed it. hysterical

Gods not dead, I'm over here.... big grin....I tried on the shoes and they fit.....LOOK!

JacopeX
That makes no scence!!!

:messedtarts to lose it::

debbiejo
Does too quantum.....OH, I thought you said science....

JacopeX
???

Shakyamunison
That makes no scence!!!

:messedtarts to lose it::

In my opinion:

There is the Christian god, made by man, in the bible. This god can be dead or alive, get women pregnant and kill people. Oh ya, need to be worshiped.

Then there is everything as a living entity that I call God. None of this silly stuff, like live of die can apply. We are part of the universe therefore we are part of God.

mentalguy

you will wake up do whatever you do then go to sleap

pretty good eh.

JacopeX
No, im gonna go to new rock city and then go to my cuz house, play street soccer, and then go to sleep.

mentalguy
No, im gonna go to new rock city and then go to my cuz house, play street soccer, and then go to sleep.

no i was right you are going to do what you are going to do

JacopeX
whateva, im tryin to prove all of you worng for callin youre self god and right about it

Shakyamunison
whateva, im tryin to prove all of you worng for callin youre self god and right about it

All I am saying is we are all part of God. What is so wrong with that?

Atlantis001

mentalguy
when i die there is no god

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by leonidas
after hearing an interesting lecture earlier today, i couldn't help wondering if the madman was right?

thoughts?

no

Imagawa666
God never existed in the first place so there!

debbiejo
Well, you have to define what god is first.

KPrince
God is the sustainer of the universe. We, and the universe still exist, therefore, no, God is not dead.

debbiejo
Do you see god as in the form of a man as in Apollo?

Atlantis001

The Rev
i really doubt there is a real god. i mean your telling me that a man made the earth and animals with his bare hands. he just said i want men and i want amimals and poof they appeared. i really doubt it. i have to go with the theory of evolution where people were evolved over time. really if you ask me the bible was a book written long time ago and people were so desperate to believe in some one who could bring them food that they believed the book and thought that there was a "superior being". so to answer your question yes god is and always was dead.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
Well, I didn't kill em.....I'm innocent...no matter how Roman my ancestors are.

lil bitchiness

thoughts?

Yes, God is dead and we killed him.

sonnet
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes, God is dead and we killed him.
God is only dead to those who do not believe.

Storm
When Nietzche wrote those words, he didn' t mean the death of a literal god, but the death of the shared cultural belief in a god in Europe. He meant that the Christian notion of god is dead, that this notion has become unbelievable.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Storm
When Nietzche wrote those words, he didn' t mean the death of a literal god, but the death of the shared cultural belief in a god in Europe. He meant that the Christian notion of god is dead, that this notion has become unbelievable.

Of course.

But Nietzche never had anything good to say regarding Christianity or religion in general. (or women for that matter)

God died long time ago, not only in Christianity but in most other traditions and religions.

WindDancer
Is Nietzche dead? Simple answer: Yes!

Is God dead? Simple answer: Not everyone thinks he/she is dead.

debbiejo
What we would call god in the creative since is not dead, only certain peoples view on a person like god is dead.

The Rev

The Rev
really if you think about it lots of "gods" are dead like in the greak mithology many "gods" were killed by other "gods"

Storm

debbiejo
When we have forgotten who we are, then god doesn't exist only in our minds.

grey fox
I'd like to side with the author Terry Prattchets view on gods most of what he writes holds no water in the real world (Obviously , after all he is a fiction writer) but none-the-less his ideas of different god's deaths are unique.

He states that if a god's worshippers are ether complete converted/destroyed/non-existent then the god which they used to worship would die ,simply because faith and belief are what keeps a god 'living' .

Darth Jello
OMNIPOTENCE PARADOX

Janus Marius
I don't get it... How can faith and belief be what keeps a god alive when god made the believers? OMG...

debbiejo
What ever the real god is, and I believe it's in all things, it can't be killed. Energy cannot be destroyed...

Janus Marius
... According to theory.

debbiejo
laughing out loud ..........Ok, energy cannot be destroyed...and it's in all things...We could call it Bob for all I care....

Mindship
Nyet.

JacopeX
I hope not

docb77
According to some interpretations of Christianity he was killed. Didn't last long though.

debbiejo
Originally posted by docb77
According to some interpretations of Christianity he was killed. Didn't last long though. Well it does get boring just laying there for 3 days.........I'd get antsy too.

grey fox
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Were would god go if he was dead? confused laughing

BTW Bobby I made the "g" lowercase because I am talking about a man made god.

He wouldn't 'go' anywhere he'd cease to exist.

Black Rob

thoughts? yes...MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHHA!

JustOwnin

Shakyamunison
^We have a nut loose. This is not a gaming thread. This is a discussion thread.

Janus Marius
Yeah, wtf was that all about?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Yeah, wtf was that all about?

I don't know, but it sure did scare the sh*t out of me. laughing Kind of like the guy talking to himself on the street corner, you give him a wide birth. laughing

Janus Marius
*Rolls car windows up* Yeah, I hear ya.

debbiejo
I'll call the Rainbow bus........These always room for one more.....Besides, I hear it macaroni night... eek!

Imperial_Samura
Is god dead?

Yes. All the demons are here.

debbiejo
They're on KMC.......... eek!

Janus Marius
No, those are trolls. They are wannabe demons.

Clone
NO, NO, NO! God can never die! >_<

K.Diddy

thoughts?

I think he is,I mean damn,how long can a guy live for laughing

Clone

debbiejo
You cannot kill energy......We all live, we just change forms....and energy is all connected. So what ever it is IT CANNOT DIE....woot

Clone
Originally posted by debbiejo
You cannot kill energy......We all live, we just change forms....and energy is all connected. So what ever it is IT CANNOT DIE....woot

same here! laughing out loud

Soleran
Besides saying God is or was alive is merely a human perception to this cycle we call life as we perceive it.

LOL when people explain the extra ordinary or God they show how simple they really are.(that would include myself DOH)

debbiejo
I think we are always in a learning process. Being stagnant is only self imposed ignorance....IMO

Bowser jr
Originally posted by debbiejo
I think we are always in a learning process. Being stagnant is only self imposed ignorance....IMO

I agree that we are all in the learning process coz we all learn something new every day.
But i think god is dead coz you can't see him/her and when you say a pray of some sort god don't say anything back.
And thats where i think "GOD HELP ME" comes from.
evil face devil smokin' beer rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.