Why Angel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
why is it that apocalypse wanted angel to lead his horsemen? as far as i know his only real power is flight, and he needs wings to do it, there are other mutants who can fly without wings and have many other powers as well. he was good for the betrayal factor, but why not just make him a horseman, why the leader?even so couldnt he just brainwash him without making him a horseman at all?

Dr.Variant
his wings were infected after beeing shot and had to be amputated. he couldnt stand to live without him so he sold his soul to apocaplypse. untill he thought he killed Iceman (his best friend) then he turned on apocalypse.

NoFate007
Because of the archangel name, it sounds cool to go along with The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Marvelgeek
Seems like the whole "fittest" thing is not just about power, but also about will. confused Warren's a survivor. I mean for a very long time he just had wings, eagle eye sight, hollow bones (probably hightened reflexes and speed too I guess) but he survived against some pretty nasty stuff. And he's been through a lot, but just keeps on coming.
Question is, is there going to be a repeat after the consequences of HoM?Him being powerless and Apocalypse coming back and all. .Think I read an interview somewhere that IMO aluded to it at least being an issue. smile

Ah here "Will any of the depowered mutants play a major role in future X stories, if so who?

Marts -- Yes, I can think of several. See who in X-MEN’s “Blood of Apocalypse” storyline, running from February to April in X-MEN #182-186. "
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=268

Disappear
warren's also been a near-perfect physical specimen since his powers emerged, giving him peak human physical attributes along with his wings/flight. apocalypse was able to enhance all of warren's mutagenic traits, but chose him because of his fiery spirit post-MM. also, getting a hold of one of your biggest adversaries is always fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.