Best cure for a hangover?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
I'm going to my works annual Christmas pubcrawl of Edinburgh at 11am today and I find that as I get older my hangovers are getting worse so I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a decent hangover cure? I'll try the best sounding one on Sunday morning (or afternoon) and post my results as to the level of effectiveness.

† Mäs †
A Coffee with 10 teaspoons of Suger and lemon Juice added in to the coffee... It Works no expression

Maleficus
The best cure for a hang over is removing the head or destroying the brain... Wait thats for zombies. The real cure for hang overs is an egg covered in hot sauce and pepper... Not that I would know having never taken a drink of alcohol in my 17 year life span.

† Mäs †
Originally posted by Maleficus
The best cure for a hang over is removing the head or destroying the brain... Wait thats for zombies. The real cure for hang overs is an egg covered in hot sauce and pepper... Not that I would know having never taken a drink of alcohol in my 17 year life span.
laughing out loud

Darth Macabre
Just keep drinking. lol

† Mäs †
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Just keep drinking. lol

And thats why you failed your Drinking tests in school

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by amity75
I'm going to my works annual Christmas pubcrawl of Edinburgh at 11am today and I find that as I get older my hangovers are getting worse so I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a decent hangover cure? I'll try the best sounding one on Sunday morning (or afternoon) and post my results as to the level of effectiveness.
Chaser.

Koala MeatPie
Water with salt and sugar in it.

Coffee is a bad idea, its a laxative and makes you need to go pee, thus drainning you of fluids, Which causes the ahng over in the first place.

the salt and Sugar make it so the water stays in your body longer.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Water with salt and sugar in it.

Coffee is a bad idea, its a laxative and makes you need to go pee, thus drainning you of fluids, Which causes the ahng over in the first place.

the salt and Sugar make it so the water stays in your body longer.
Yeah but wont that sour your stomach, making your chances of vomiting even greater? Seems kind of nasty to me...

Koala MeatPie
No.

hotsauce6548
Of course, you have to drink lots, and lots, and lots of water. yes

Other than that, eat something... cold shower. erm

Ronny
Gatorade

Koala MeatPie
That can definitly work also.

Ronny
it did for me the one tiem i got drunk stick out tongue

DarkC
Originally posted by Ronny
Gatorade
That, Kool-Aid, or Five Alive Passionate Peach.

Snoopbert
Letting it pass, since you can never truly "cure" a hangover.

DarkC
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Letting it pass, since you can never truly "cure" a hangover.
But it can be helped along it's way.

Snoopbert
No, it can't, you can become more alert and/or mask the feeling. That's all.

DarkC
No, it can't, you can become more alert and/or mask the feeling. That's all.
Yeah, but it has the effect, which is what matters to most.

Snoopbert
The effect on your body is much worse than the percieved effect you feel. It's like getting high... you might feel good, but your body wants to kill you.

DarkC
The effect on your body is much worse than the percieved effect you feel. It's like getting high... you might feel good, but your body wants to kill you.
What, drinking sugar goes worse on the body during a hangover?

Snoopbert
I take it back, that was a bad example stick out tongue

What I meant was, that the hangover that most people know it as is a perceived effect.... which isn't the one on your body. Masking it isn't getting rid of it, though it is removing the perceived effect.

DarkC
Yep, that's what I meant.....and getting a virtual sugar rush is a lot better than suffering the effects of the hangover.

Snoopbert
For me it'd be a bit of a bigger head-ache.

DarkC
Not for me! All I get is a funny ring in my ears for an hour or two.

*~HP~*
psh... any suger would just get me hyper and that would probably lead to a head-ache for me too.

kmcdude

Something good to eat and lots of water-my choice of hangover drink is Gatorade

Darth Macabre

jockjanson
A good giant omelette always gets me over a hangover. I would not have it any other way!

bordom
Pepto Bismol worked for me

Lord Shadow Z
Lots of sleep got me over mine.

amity75
I've tried a combination of sleep, gatorade and an omelette. Jesus my head is so sore and I suspect I'm going to have a day of "paranoia attacks" as I start to remember the really stupid things I no doubt did yesterday. sick

eggmayo

Revernd Maynard
as luck would have it, i dont really get hangovers, even thought i drink a SHITE lode the night before, i wake up, no hangover....so i start drinking again naughty

eggmayo
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
as luck would have it, i dont really get hangovers, even thought i drink a SHITE lode the night before, i wake up, no hangover....so i start drinking again naughty
It works even better if you don't sleep and just carry on drinking.

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by eggmayo
Actually its anything with a high amount of caffeine or taurine.
Personally I buy a litre of Red Rooster and empty some sweeteners into it. Although I never get hungover any more, thats just my wake up drink.

Sweetners!?!?!?!?

Do you have any idea what aspartame does to you!?!?!and saccharin! Jeez!

eggmayo
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
Sweetners!?!?!?!?

Do you have any idea what aspartame does to you!?!?!and saccharin! Jeez!
Yeah, gives you cancer.
You have any idea what alcohol abuse and binge drinking does to you?!!1?1:
Jeez. I stopped caring a long time back.

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by eggmayo
Yeah, gives you cancer.
You have any idea what alcohol abuse and binge drinking does to you?!!1?1:

Yeah, I don't drink, obviously. But sugar has the same effect on me...
I did some pretty stupid stuff at the party on Friday..

eggmayo
Yeah, I don't drink, obviously. But sugar has the same effect on me...
I did some pretty stupid stuff at the party on Friday..
Sugar makes you sleep with ugly people?

_Sanctuary_
Depends on the amount I guess laughing

Too much sugar... I beat up 4 guys no expression

Storm
1. If you have time, take an aspirin and go back to sleep.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Eat something, preferably high in Vitamin B' s.
4. Give it time.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

eggmayo
Depends on the amount I guess laughing

Too much sugar... I beat up 4 guys no expression
Oh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

a1hsauce
Dont drink yes

eggmayo
Originally posted by a1hsauce
Dont drink yes
confused Why?

a1hsauce
best way to cure hangovers...to avoid it yes

Storm
Originally posted by a1hsauce
Dont drink yes
Drink with moderation.

a1hsauce
I actually wouldnt know..ive never really experienced a hang over..or at least think I have. like last Saturday I drank everything I could get my hands on, next morning the only thing i wanted to do was just pee. erm

eggmayo
Or build up some alcohol tolerance. Seems to work.

Storm
I haven' t experienced my limit yet.

eggmayo
I can't be sure of mine because my drinks are ALWAYS mixed.

Storm
Anyhow, I' m not awaiting a hangover.

DOOM2099
Standard remedy... Put fluids into your body, with some sugars and salts, but not too much. If you are prepared you can take a tylenol or whatever during the debauchery, 1 pill every 3-4 drinks should do it

DeNiro
well i dont really get hangovers in the sense of headaches or anything like that my stomach though gets very sick and i only drink beer cause hard shit ****s me up really bad but if your drinking beer and you dont want your stomach to get upset i just always shake the beer around so it gets flat so my stomach doesnt have gas or anything the next day

kmcdude
Yuk,Flat beer sick Yeah,thats why I stopped drinking scotch cause it started giving me heartburn.....

DOOM2099
I recommend not drinking. Smoke weed instead.

Capt_Fantastic
Best cure for a hangover is 1 vodka cranberry, with a splash of ginger-ale. Followed by two Aleve. And two bottles of Dasani water. Then go back to bed for about three or four hours.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by DOOM2099
I recommend not drinking. Smoke weed instead.

Why not do both?

GCG
Eat Pilchards

DOOM2099
Party on Garth!

silver_tears
I've never had one happy *crosses fingers* Hope not to anytime soon.

tomsgurlz
Put on a McDonalds Cap.. it really does remind you how much more miserable you really are, it works

Impediment
DRINK MORE ALCOHOL!!! Nothing kills a hangover like getting drunk all over again!!

amity75
Best cure for a hangover? an egg roll with the contents of an ashtray emptied over it.

River Wild
Pineapple juice or sleep, its very effective!

AOR

A tall glass of what before you go too bed. Because a hang over is, in short, dehydration. So if you plan for the re-hydration you don't wake up with cotton mouth. And the headache that you get is a lesser form of a migraine that arises from lack of liquid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.