DN Jacen vs. Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Now remember, Jacen can remove himself from the force. So, assuming Nihilus can't instakill him, who wins?

Ianus
Depends on how complete Jacen does it. And really, the Exile was immune because he was not devoid of the Force, but instead a wound in it. They might be different circumstances.

Great Vengeance
I havent read DN so explain a bit more about Jacens new found powers.

Darth_Glentract
Note that I said "assuming he can resist it", Janus.

GV, Jacen has spent roughly five years studying with the Jensaari, Dathomirian Witches, Fanasi(spelling?), ect.

He also has complete control over pain at this point after conquering it during his time in the Embrace of Pain.

Illustrious
Yeah, again it's a question of circumstance. Nihilus' power is not so well defined either.

Now, literally speaking, the Exile was a wound. In that not only did he not have the force, it seemed to be a negative source of the force, in that it actually weakened Nihilus when he tried to drain it.

Veneficus
This Jacen guy sounds pretty retarted. Who was the jackass author that came up with this "remove himself from the force" shit?

Darth_Glentract
Stover. It's a pretty great book actually(one of the better NJO books).

Se7in
Was everyone on Visas' homeplanet Force-sensitive, because weren't they all killed? I'm asking because if he could eat entire planets with people that aren't Force-sensitive enough to be Jedi, maybe he could still eat Jacen. Maybe...

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Veneficus
This Jacen guy sounds pretty retarted. Who was the jackass author that came up with this "remove himself from the force" shit?

Stover, the prophet who wrote the holy book otherwise known as the ROTS novelization.

Ianus
Originally posted by Se7in
Was everyone on Visas' homeplanet Force-sensitive, because weren't they all killed? I'm asking because if he could eat entire planets with people that aren't Force-sensitive enough to be Jedi, maybe he could still eat Jacen. Maybe...

It was stated several times that Nihilus could feed off of the small amount of Force inherent in all living beings.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

GV, Jacen has spent roughly five years studying with the Jensaari, Dathomirian Witches, Fanasi(spelling?), ect.

He also has complete control over pain at this point after conquering it during his time in the Embrace of Pain.

Yeah Jacens the philosopher right? I dunno if he can resist Nihilus' powers and even if he can Nihilus still has strong saber skills and If I remember correctly Jacen isnt that talented in saber combat.

Darth_Glentract
Jacen took down Onimi. He has to be good to have done that. He also took down two squadrons of Yuuzhan Vong without the force. He's no lightsaber slouch.

Great Vengeance
Jacen took down Onimi. He has to be good to have done that. He also took down two squadrons of Yuuzhan Vong without the force. He's no lightsaber slouch.

He defeated Onimi because the force used him as a conduit.

Darth_Glentract
Reguardless, he managed to kill the true Supreme Overlord.

Great Vengeance
Reguardless, he managed to kill the true Supreme Overlord.

The force killed the supreme overlord, Jacen was just the link.

Darth_Glentract
You could argue the same thing for everyone.

Great Vengeance
You could argue the same thing for everyone.

You could, but it would have no real basis in a debate. However In Jacens case the force is explicitly stated to have chosen Jacen as a conduit and thus we know for a fact it intervened in the fight.

Darth_Glentract
I just remember it saying Jacen went up to a new level temporarily and killed him. I don't remember what you are talking about happening.

Great Vengeance
I just remember it saying Jacen went up to a new level temporarily and killed him. I don't remember what you are talking about happening.

Then you need to refresh your memory of the book, my memory is foggy as well but I know that Jacen said the force choose him as a conduit and he would never be able to repeat the feat again.

Veneficus
Any discussion realated to NJO makes me wan't to punch a hole on my wall.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Veneficus
Any discussion realated to NJO makes me wan't to punch a hole on my wall.

Amen. And I'm not even religious.

I still say Nihilus. Jacen may well "remove" himself from the force, but even if he had traces of the force, he is vulnerable to Nihilus.

Like I said, I believe The Exile is a super special case, in that he literally was a wound of negative space. It's the only viable explanation for how Nihilus got weaker after trying to drain him.

IKC

Question, as I don't have my novels on-hand.

Did he study under the monks who believed the Force to be a full spectrum of color? Their name escapes me. They appeared first in The Hand of Thrawn series, I believe.

Darth Faunus

Nope, GV's correct in this instance.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Illustrious
Amen. And I'm not even religious.

I still say Nihilus. Jacen may well "remove" himself from the force, but even if he had traces of the force, he is vulnerable to Nihilus.

Like I said, I believe The Exile is a super special case, in that he literally was a wound of negative space. It's the only viable explanation for how Nihilus got weaker after trying to drain him.

Note, I said in the beginning that for the purpose of this thread, lets assume that he can block it, since it seems like he would be able to(to me at least).

Veneficus
I don't know enought about Jacen to vote on this battle. Hell we hardly know Nhilius full power other than that he is a anomaly who can suck the force.

Darth Avis
he pwned sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.