Darth Sidious n Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan n Mace all TPM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
All the different types of lightsabers fight for the side of sith/jedi.

By himself means last one standing for people who don't understand what it means.

Se7in
This be ROTS Sidious, will or not?

xyz jedi
what? You're lack of grammer disturbes me. All TPM.

kamikz
How powerful is Sidious in TMP then?

xyz jedi
probably same as ROTS.

kamikz
13 years and no progress, I doubt it.
Before I post the winner here I need to know the difference of ROTS Sidious and TPM Sidious, same with Mace.

xyz jedi
No wait mace is weaker than in ROTS but better than Qui-Gon.
Sidious is roughly the same, maybe weaker by a tiny bit but better than the rest

Escape81
I'd say they are about the same, actually.

Sidious was a politician - the Chancellor of the Republic - so he did not have the enormous amount of training time that his apprentices had, or Masters Yoda or Mace had. He, to my knowledge, didn't have the time or the opportunity to lift his lightsaber and use it for the better part of 13 years, unlike Yoda, Mace, Dooku, and Maul.

By the times of ROTS, he was still skilled enough to rip apart three Jedi Masters, as well as put Mace and Yoda to the test.

Escape81
Now, regardless, I believe Maul lost to Obi-Wan as a mere fluke. He is superior to both TPM Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. If this is them, he will hold them at bay and eventually defeat them.

As for Mace and Sidious, it could go either way.

xyz jedi
Maul n Sidious are very strong but they're against three sklled Jedi. Or two and OB1laughing out loud. Maul only killed Qui-Gon because he had a double lightsaber instead of a single. So it's the right a mount of LS's against eachother.

Darth_Glentract
Sidious actually did study in those 13 years. If you look as Mace enters his office with the other Jedi, he is studying some Sith stuff(I don't know what to call it).

TPM Sidious is to much of an unknown.

Ballister
Yeah. We don't know the strength of Mace or Sidious. I don't know about you, but I can't answer this question.

Ianus
Well, let me play devil's advocate: If Maul supposively could put Sidious to the test before he died (Which is of course shortly before TPM) then it is likely Sidious HAS progressed since then. After all, Maul couldn't hold a candle to Sidious by ROTS for the most part. I think that reference may have been in relation to saberdueling but still, Sidious was much more aggressive and indeed taught Maul everything Maul knew about battle. So TPM Sidious would be younger and perhaps in a bit better shape but would be less refined in saber combat. His Force mastery would probably be about the same though.

In any case, I don't know enough about TPM Mace to judge him. He might be easily dispatched by Sidious and then the two sith would tool the hell out of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Interesting match though.

xyz jedi
okay fine.

ROTS Sids n Mace.

Ianus
ROTS Sidious could let Maul occupy Mace and destroy TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

darthsith19
This actually is a pretty good thread. As far as TPM Sidious's strength goes I'd say he'd above the strength of ROTS Sidious, though only just. You all just assume he'll have gotten stronger over the course of 13 years, but who's to say he will? I mean, it's not like he was active or anything. By ROTS he was more out of shape than he was in TPM. I'd say he could almost do this alone, but not quite. Maul has proved able to put up a good fight against Obi and Qui-Gon at the same time. Sidious will pwn Mace and then will aid Maul and toegther they'll kill Jinn and Kenobi in 20 seconds or less.

Darth_Glentract
Do you have any proof DS19? We saw in ep3 that Sidious actually did study Sith Teachings during his time as Chief of State. Remember that he almost lost to Maul in a lightsaber fight around TPM.

Darth Brainiac
Lets take what we have from the movies and look at the results.Obi is victorius but loses his master and Sids is about to be killed by Mace.Problem solved.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Do you have any proof DS19? We saw in ep3 that Sidious actually did study Sith Teachings during his time as Chief of State. Remember that he almost lost to Maul in a lightsaber fight around TPM.
Yes, but does studying sith teachings make him stronger? More knowledgeable perhaps but not necessairly stronger. As for the duel, wasn't Maul enraged? I'd bet he was using Force Rage in that duel.

Ballister
Maul's eyes are yellow, doesn't that mean he's nearly possessed by the dark side? Also, who's to say those teachings didn't have combat techniques?

kamikz
Yes, and I also bet Sidious wasent aiming to kill Maul just put him to a test. Didn't it say Maul couldent even get close to Sidious, then he taunted him like hell, so Maul got up and used all the dark energy he got.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ballister
Maul's eyes are yellow, doesn't that mean he's nearly possessed by the dark side? Also, who's to say those teachings didn't have combat techniques?
Who's to say they did? And if they did I'm sure Palpatine frequently summoned Jedi to his office so he could try out the techniques on them stick out tongue.

Yup, that's true. As people use when discussing Jango vs. AOTC Obi-Wan all the time, they say "Obi-Wan's stronger and was dling poorly because he wasn't aiming to kill Jango and it's hard to fight with a lightsaber and not be aiming to kill." or something very close to that. Same in the Maul vs. Sidious case. Sidious got Maul so angry that Maul was going for the kill when fighting Sidious but Sidious, of course, was not aiming for kill.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by kamikz
13 years and no progress, I doubt it.
Before I post the winner here I need to know the difference of ROTS Sidious and TPM Sidious, same with Mace.
Not entirely, you must keep in mind he had to run the trade federation the republic and manage to keep entire secrecy either way, plus training multiple apprentices, not to mention the senate meetings and such

also.. people either over estimate maul or under-estimate, i was watch tpm the other day and he didnt suck at all, but he let his guard down, thats pretty much all

Darth_Glentract
DS, Maul WAS trying to kill him. It was Sidious' job to fight him off and try as hard as he could to make sure Maul didn't win to make sure that the stronger of them continued to rule.

9123, We have seen that Sidious studied Sith techniques in his office. Sidious became better during that time.

darthsith19
DS, Maul WAS trying to kill him. It was Sidious' job to fight him off and try as hard as he could to make sure Maul didn't win to make sure that the stronger of them continued to rule.

9123, We have seen that Sidious studied Sith techniques in his office. Sidious became better during that time.
1) I know. Maul was trying to kill Sidious. Sidious, however, was not trying to kill Maul. Why else would Maul have survived that duel?
2) Read what I said before about him studing them.

Escape81
Sidious actually did study in those 13 years. If you look as Mace enters his office with the other Jedi, he is studying some Sith stuff(I don't know what to call it).

TPM Sidious is to much of an unknown.

1. Studying isn't the same as practicing.

2. Those were the Death Star plans.

Escape81
You see, I could study every single Star Wars lightsaber form known to the galaxy, and still not be able to practice it effectively if I don't have the amount of time to implement the studies. Palpatine was Chancellor of the Republic, an icon for the government, and was watched and protected beyond comprehension. He only had a few occasions to slip from his office and go to The Works, but it was usually to see Count Dooku and get debriefings on the war.

Master Yoda, Mace, and Dooku all had far more time to practice lightsaber dueling than Sidious did. Dooku was a recluse for ten of those thirteen years, and Mace and Yoda are Jedi and have the obligation to train. Sidious hadn't the liberty of either. Thus, it is natural to assume that they all three had far more time and opportunity to train than he.

And may I ask how you know they were Sith teachings that he was looking up? Forgive me, I think that's an assumption. They looked awfully close to the Death Star plans.

Ballister
Originally posted by Escape81
2. Those were the Death Star plans.

If you are right, then might not have learned new tricks. Unless he studied more than that without anyone knowing.

xyz jedi
hey guys what about the poll?

Ballister
... I hate the poll!

The Overmaster
when did maul duel sids?

xyz jedi
what? Who said that? As if.

jollyjim311
I would assume Sidious got more powerful in the Sith Arts that were more non-combat oriented, like foresight and manipulation between TPM and ROTS, his fighting skill probably increased a little.

Sating that, I think Sidious and Maul would win.

overlord
Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Mace would rip them sith lords apart in my opinion.

Escape81
I would assume the same. I mean that Sidious did not learn much combat oriented Sith arts, not other acts. Indeed, his prodigious skill at foresight accelerated, I'd assume.

Master Duelist
Maul only killed Qui gon coz he had an extra blade and OB1 got separated. Then when OB1 cut off the second blade of Mauls he beat him. As sidious grew older he became more and more consumed with evil and the dark side of the force so he became more powerful between TPM and ROTS especially with the training of Count Dooku, both would have become more powerful with their combined wisdom. The fight would be close but considering all things i think the jedi would have it over the sith more times than not.

DrDoom101
Obi-Wan murders 'em all shifty

xyz jedi
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Obi-Wan murders 'em all shifty ermmm. No.

overlord
Originally posted by xyz jedi
ermmm. No. You feel pretty smart stating the obvious don't you?
You know.. You should learn not to take everything so serious and just stop posting at all.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
You feel pretty smart stating the obvious don't you?
You know.. You should learn not to take everything so serious and just stop posting at all. ermmmmmmmmmmm. No.

DarthMaul9123
Errmm shut up now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.