Online Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StaT1c
http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...b 3b9682dcb19

Some kid posted up a suicide note on myspace saying:
call the police.
Address ... Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.
im soo sorry<3

And what do you know, he did it.

F*ck this kid. Killing yourself is 1) cowardly, and 2), selfish toward the people that care about you. Only pussies write suicide notes. I have to give him credit for actually killing himself right by blowing his brains out, rather than do it the wrong way and cut his wrists in the wrong area.

Dumb ass emo kid.

JacopeX
Originally posted by StaT1c

call the police.
im soo sorry<3

F*ck this kid. Killing yourself is 1) cowardly, and 2), selfish toward the people that care about you. Only pussies write suicide notes. I have to give him credit for actually killing himself right by blowing his brains out, rather than do it the wrong way and cut his wrists in the wrong area.

Dumb ass emo kid.

emo kid...no wonder....i int shocked

Alpha Centauri
I find it worse that people like YOU are still alive rather than the kid who killed himself, to be perfectly honest.

I don't think it's ever necessary to kill yourself, really. However, you can't tell that to someone who seriously does believe it's the only way out. Cowardly, useless, sad...call it what you like. One thing you shouldn't say is "dumb ass emo kid" because it doesn't only serve to make you look like a complete idiot, but it makes you worse than the guy doing it for about ten different reasons.

Emo has nothing to do with anything other than music, let's get that right. Attaching it to something like suicide just makes you seem like a complete mug.

-AC

Great Vengeance

call the police.
im soo sorry<3

Dumb ass emo kid.

If you were under circumstances that were so severe you wanted to kill yourself, you wouldnt think this way.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I find it worse that people like YOU are still alive rather than the kid who killed himself, to be perfectly honest.

I don't think it's ever necessary to kill yourself, really. However, you can't tell that to someone who seriously does believe it's the only way out. Cowardly, useless, sad...call it what you like. One thing you shouldn't say is "dumb ass emo kid" because it doesn't only serve to make you look like a complete idiot, but it makes you worse then the guy doing it.

-AC

People like me alive. So wut if im alive. Im livin and i would neva kill myself and i aint afraid to die to tell you the truth. I have a great future. That kid has no fututre probably.

Alpha Centauri
I suggest grammar, school, education. In any order, as long as it gets done.

People like you, with your kind of opinions are more of a life waste than suicide.

-AC

PVS
judging by your delusional nature, your fake ass gangsta typing (yeah funny how you all of the sudden type semi-normal english in other threads) and your obvious lack of proper spelling and grammar, i would say you'd better wise up before we see your sorry ass in the news.

really, you better either straighten your ass out, or just pray you become some multimillionare soccer jock, because your third option is to be a doomed loser.

JacopeX
Originally posted by PVS
judging by your delusional nature, your fake ass gangsta typing (yeah funny how you all of the sudden type semi-normal english in other threads) and your obvious lack of proper spelling and grammar, i would say you'd better wise up before we see your sorry ass in the news.

really, you better either straighten your ass out, or just pray you become some multimillionare soccer jock, because your third option is to be a doomed loser.

Like i said, i aint afraid to die and who would kill me in my area. no body. I know everyone here.

mentalguy
Originally posted by JacopeX
People like me alive. So wut if im alive. Im livin and i would neva kill myself and i aint afraid to die to tell you the truth. I have a great future. That kid has no fututre probably.

still wanna fight? i can change that chair

JacopeX
Do it, kill me i dare you. You dont know were i am so shut up. How can i fight you only answer that stupid!!!

PVS
also, please learn to post a working link smile

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=6d8134fbbe964d76f864b3b9682dcb19

StaT1c

I don't think it's ever necessary to kill yourself, really. However, you can't tell that to someone who seriously does believe it's the only way out. Cowardly, useless, sad...call it what you like. One thing you shouldn't say is "dumb ass emo kid" because it doesn't only serve to make you look like a complete idiot, but it makes you worse than the guy doing it for about ten different reasons.

Emo has nothing to do with anything other than music, let's get that right. Attaching it to something like suicide just makes you seem like a complete mug.

-AC To some people, the Emo trend is more than music. It is also they way their phony minds think that everything in their sorry ass lives puts them down and do not mount up to nothing. They are the labels we associate life with nowadays like skaters, skinheads, ballers, etc.

So you're saying this kid isn't a dumb ass for killing himself?

I didn't know the kid personally and who knows, he could've not been a bad guy after all. However, I'm not gonna cut him any slack just because he killed himself.

KidRock
The kids myspace link :

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2087636&Mytoken=929DD784-01DB-48D7-95EC6BD891F27A9F537896625

It says he was online yesterday.

PVS
and search myspace for "you BROKE my LIFE" to see his profile

:edit: ok, beat me to it

StaT1c
Originally posted by PVS
also, please learn to post a working link smile

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=6d8134fbbe964d76f864b3b9682dcb19 Kudos to you

Victor Von Doom
Why do people insist that suicide is cowardly?

Personally I wouldn't have the courage to do it (not that I would wish to do so).

Alpha Centauri
That's true actually.

"Emo's are pussies who cut themselves."

Do you regularly take a blade to your own skin then? Didn't think so (also not condoning this).

-AC

JacopeX
Im not so shoked about the situation.

Lana
I really hate people who talk about suicide and people who have attempted it with such contempt because chances are they have no idea what it is like to be that far that you think it's the only option. Wise up or shut up.

Anyway, I heard about this....but the thread title is very misleading. Myspace didn't get the kid killed.

StaT1c
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Personally I wouldn't have the courage to do it (not that I would wish to do so). Because it is a SIMPLE solution in which you end it all instead of having to go through life going to face your problems head on like a man.

"Yeah, this girl didn't like me; might as well kill myself so I won't have to live through the shame of getting dumped."

KidRock

Personally I wouldn't have the courage to do it (not that I would wish to do so).

If you have such a hard problem where you need to kill yourself over it then it must take A LOT more strength and courage to fight that problem for years and get over it then to just kill yourself and end it all.

This is just speculation though since I have never been depressed or felt the need to kill myself..so go ask an Emo that.

Victor Von Doom
Because it is a SIMPLE solution in which you end it all instead of having to go through life going to face your problems head on like a man.

"Yeah, this girl didn't like me; might as well kill myself so I won't have to live through the shame of getting dumped."

What are you talking about?

Ending your life eternally is easier than getting rejected by a girl?

Just amazing, amazing bullshit.

StaT1c
That's true actually.

Do you regularly take a blade to your own skin then? Didn't think so (also not condoning this).

-AC

They're not pussies for that; they're just dumb asses for doing that.

StaT1c
What are you talking about?

Ending your life eternally is easier than getting rejected by a girl?

Just amazing, amazing bullshit. Ummm, it was just a farfetched example; relax.

But unfortunately, some people have done it.

Victor Von Doom
Ummm, it was just a farfetched example; relax.

I am relaxed.

Actually, I'm not. Might jump off something; easier.

Alpha Centauri
Gee, whoever said, "Emos are pussies who cut themselves?"

They're not pussies for that; they're just dumb asses for doing that.

I didn't state it was smart did I? I said it's not exactly a wimpy act, cutting yourself willingly.

Suicide in itself isn't a cowardly act. I would be pretty shaked up if I knew my life was going to be over for eternity.

-AC

silver_tears
I find it amazing that no one had any idea.

Lana
Originally posted by silver_tears
I find it amazing that no one had any idea.

I don't at all.

StaT1c
I didn't state it was smart did I? I said it's not exactly a wimpy act, cutting yourself willingly.

Suicide in itself isn't a cowardly act. I would be pretty shaked up if I knew my life was going to be over for eternity.

-AC I know it isn't the most wimpy of acts either; but I am also adding on that it makes people who cut themselves look like total jackasses

About the suicide thing,

Originally posted by KidRock
If you have such a hard problem where you need to kill yourself over it then it must take A LOT more strength and courage to fight that problem for years and get over it then to just kill yourself and end it all.

This is just speculation though since I have never been depressed or felt the need to kill myself..so go ask an Emo that. I guess I can use this breakdown for now

PVS
well, apart from the disrespect for the dead,
i must say im happy to not see any fakeass "RIP" posts
laced with crocodile tears.

Alpha Centauri
Key part there is the last part where he says he's never been in that situation.

The fact that he said "an emo" also subtracts credibility from his statement.

-AC

StaT1c
I'm not making fun of his death; I'm just emphasizing that killing himself wasn't the brightest of ideas IMO

StaT1c
Key part there is the last part where he says he's never been in that situation.

The fact that he said "an emo" also subtracts credibility from his statement.

-AC If it will make you happy, I'll just say "Dumb ass kid" without having to stereotypically label him.

Ushgarak
It is rooted into the very depth of your psyche to stay alive. Overriding that is not possible for a coward. You will find plenty of people around whose lifes have been destroyed- normally by being caught doing something very wrong- who wanted to kill themselves but lacked the courage.

But beyond all that- it is useless trying to ascribe comfortable, rational motives to anyone so depressed that they are feeling suicidal. Such thoughts are, almost by definition, IRraational so the commentary is useless- and doubly useless for being of no help in stopping it. Spread that mesasage about suicide- that it is cowardly and wimpish- and you merely alienate those feeling depressed so that they hate themselves more. Pointless. Such situations need understanding, not attacks.

Inspectah Deck
This reminds me of that kid who had a Uzi, killed about 2 people and killed himself

† Mäs †
He Shot himself, and your all making fun of him because he is EMO. What in the **** Is wrong with you people, a Kid was Killed.

† Mäs †
erm

Syren
Did any of you actually read the report from top to bottom? The person who wrote it is seriously taking the piss out of the situation, albeit in a very clever manner.

I feel sorry for the kid for feeling there was no other way out. And I think he's a coward for blowing his brains out. But the fact that he was quite obviously 'emo' is irrelevant to his killing himself. It could have been a sweet, 16 year old girl who loved everything pink and listened to Girls Aloud 24/7, but I'm sure you all would have found some other generalisation to make.

And as for it being plastered all over myspace, who gives a flying f.uck? I'm a member of myspace and it has no reflection on me... the only way this fella's gonna be remembered now is as another internet suicide. At least his attempt wasn't planned years ahead between hundreds of other like minded souls like some internet suicides are. Who can be blamed for this one? Only the silly boy himself.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Lana
I really hate people who talk about suicide and people who have attempted it with such contempt because chances are they have no idea what it is like to be that far that you think it's the only option. Wise up or shut up.

WORD

KidRock
Who cares..the kid off'd himself and nobody in this thread gives a shit about him including me..end thread.

JacopeX
I vote end thread!!!!

Imagawa666
The kid was a pathetic excuse for humanity. How do we let pathetic wussys like him infest the world. I get s*** all the time. I cry and ***** but at no point would the idea of suicide come to my head. Apart from the fact i'm afraid of dying I am no coward! People who commit suicide this way are cowards. And dont bring the Japanese culture into this. That form of suicide has nothing to do with not being able to take anymore. Suicide is only acceptable if its going to save loved ones in mortal danger, if youve committed a heinous crime and cant live with the guilt of what youve done or for the sake of humanity.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Imagawa666
The kid was a pathetic excuse for humanity. How do we let pathetic wussys like him infest the world. I get s*** all the time. I cry and ***** but at no point would the idea of suicide come to my head. Apart from the fact i'm afraid of dying I am no coward! People who commit suicide this way are cowards. And dont bring the Japanese culture into this. That form of suicide has nothing to do with not being able to take anymore. Suicide is only acceptable if its going to save loved ones in mortal danger, if youve committed a heinous crime and cant live with the guilt of what youve done or for the sake of humanity.

All I got out of this was "Because I wouldn't commit suicide, anyone who does is a waste of life." Which doesn't exactly prove you to be a valuable fish in the overcrowded genepool does it?

Originally posted by Syren
I feel sorry for the kid for feeling there was no other way out. And I think he's a coward for blowing his brains out. But the fact that he was quite obviously 'emo' is irrelevant to his killing himself. It could have been a sweet, 16 year old girl who loved everything pink and listened to Girls Aloud 24/7, but I'm sure you all would have found some other generalisation to make.

A) He wasn't quite obviously emo. You quite obviously don't have a flying clue what the term means because if you did you'd know it wasn't relevent here. Don't talk about making generalisations when you more or less just made the biggest one there is. False also.

B) How is it a cowardly act to blow your head off with a gun? Takes guts in my opinion.

Who can be blamed for this one? Only the silly boy himself.

I remember you speaking about how important it was not to speak down on drug users or people with drug problems because you don't know what it's like until you've been through it. What gives you the very hypocritical right to call him and his actions silly?

Obviously weren't silly to him were they?

-AC

Inspectah Deck
All I got out of this was "Because I wouldn't commit suicide, anyone who does is a waste of life." Which doesn't exactly prove you to be a valuable fish in the overcrowded genepool does it?

A) He wasn't quite obviously emo. You quite obviously don't have a flying clue what the term means because if you did you'd know it wasn't relevent here. Don't talk about making generalisations when you more or less just made the biggest one there is. False also.

B) How is it a cowardly act to blow your head off with a gun? Takes guts in my opinion.

I remember you speaking about how important it was not to speak down on drug users or people with drug problems because you don't know what it's like until you've been through it. What gives you the very hypocritical right to call him and his actions silly?

Obviously weren't silly to him were they?

-AC

Commiting suicide isn't silly?

Alpha Centauri
Read my post again. Specifically this part:

"What gives you the very hypocritical right to call him and his actions silly?

Obviously weren't silly to him were they?"

Everyone needs to stop replying with "That's silly. I would never..." no, shut up. You would never, he obviously would. He did. It's obviously not silly to HIM is it? We'll never know why it wasn't because we were never in his position. Lots of things are silly to a rational mind sitting at a computer reading a thread.

-AC

Imagawa666
Its cowardly is whatt it is! As i stated anyone who commits suicide for things like saving a lot of people from dying is acceptable. If you get picked on and commit suicide then its your own fault for not standing up to them. My condoliences to his family but the guys a coward.

BackFire
What a shitty suicide note.

Imagawa666
Does anyone relise that suicide used to be a crime.

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by JacopeX
Like i said, i aint afraid to die and who would kill me in my area. no body. I know everyone here.

Most people who are killed by someone do know the murderer...
Your logic amuses me please continue no expression

Alpha Centauri
Its cowardly is whatt it is! As i stated anyone who commits suicide for things like saving a lot of people from dying is acceptable. If you get picked on and commit suicide then its your own fault for not standing up to them. My condoliences to his family but the guys a coward.

My condolences to your family because their offspring is a moron.

Who are you to say when suicide is ok or not? I personally believe it's useless. I'm not about to go condemning those who do it though, because they obviously see reason to do it don't they? No good all of us sitting here saying, with rational minds (some of us), that we wouldn't do it. What does that have to do with anything at all? Ok so you wouldn't commit suicide. Cool. So what?

Life isn't as easy as "Stand up to them". Your standpoint on this issue suggests you're either 13 and have no life experience, or something else.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
Read my post again. Specifically this part:

"What gives you the very hypocritical right to call him and his actions silly?

Obviously weren't silly to him were they?"

Everyone needs to stop replying with "That's silly. I would never..." no, shut up. You would never, he obviously would. He did. It's obviously not silly to HIM is it? We'll never know why it wasn't because we were never in his position. Lots of things are silly to a rational mind sitting at a computer reading a thread.

-AC

What if he killed himself because his girlfriend dumped him. Is that consider silly?

_Sanctuary_
Does anyone relise that suicide used to be a crime.
Kinda ridiculous considering that you'd be dead...

Imagawa666
You would have to bring my family into this woudnt you. I'll tell you something dont insult them becasue of my views! Your a coward for insulting them and bringing them into this. The kid who died was obviosly a moronic offspring. Or is the word...MISTAKE!

Imagawa666
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
What if he killed himself because his girlfriend dumped him. Is that consider silly?

It would woudnt it

Alpha Centauri
You would have to bring my family into this woudnt you. I'll tell you something dont insult them becasue of my views! Your a coward for insulting them and bringing them into this. The kid who died was obviosly a moronic offspring. Or is the word...MISTAKE!

I wasn't insulting your family if you look carefully and read what I said. I called YOU a moron because you have a moronic, uneducated and I dare say unexperienced viewpoint. End of story.

To who? Me? It's a very huge over-reaction, yes. Silly? Sure, if you WANT to call it that.

The point I made that it wasn't silly to him was it? We can sit here all day, with "rational" minds, saying why suicide is needless and why we'd never do it. That's irrelevent though, we can't apply our calm logic to the situation of some kid nobody here knew or had any knowledge of.

To him it might have seemed like the most sensible thing in the world.

-AC

eggmayo
That's true actually.

-AC
The point being they cut themselves
1) Either as a form of attention seeking, in which case they do just do pathetic little skin cuts.

2) To try to 'kill themselves' which is suprisingly hard to do from cuts on the wrists. I don't think they understand blood loss is a stupid way to die anyway.

Imagawa666
He is very silly. Good thing we are rid of one more piece of garbage though isnt it

Alpha Centauri
Yes, so let's make fun of people who are quite clearly troubled enough to get into hurting themselves. That'll make for a mighty fine world, filled with compassion won't it?

Some people...

-AC

Imagawa666
Originally posted by eggmayo
The point being they cut themselves
1) Either as a form of attention seeking, in which case they do just do pathetic little skin cuts.

2) To try to 'kill themselves' which is suprisingly hard to do from cuts on the wrists. I don't think they understand blood loss is a stupid way to die anyway.

Yeah you go all weak and faint... I feel that just from reading about wrist slashing..

_Sanctuary_
When someone becomes suicidal they lose rational thought, it seems like the only option to them, some may call it cowardly - but maybe they need to think of the situation that person was in.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah you go all weak and faint... I feel that just from reading about wrist slashing..

Point proven. Hardly an easy, wimpy thing to endure is it?

-AC

Imagawa666
Yes, so let's make fun of people who are quite clearly troubled enough to get into hurting themselves. That'll make for a mighty fine world, filled with compassion won't it?

Some people...

-AC

Ohhh... since when did you think you knew how to fix the worlds porblems. Some people cant live together. And a planet filled with comapassion would be a horrible place. So stale and dull

Inspectah Deck
To who? Me? It's a very huge over-reaction, yes. Silly? Sure, if you WANT to call it that.

The point I made that it wasn't silly to him was it? We can sit here all day, with "rational" minds, saying why suicide is needless and why we'd never do it. That's irrelevent though, we can't apply our calm logic to the situation of some kid nobody here knew or had any knowledge of.

To him it might have seemed like the most sensible thing in the world.

-AC

I understand your point. But it's a sense less cause. He should have consider his family's reaction, his friends' reactions and such

Imagawa666
Point proven. Hardly an easy, wimpy thing to endure is it?

-AC

Ther still idiots

Df02

call the police.
im soo sorry<3

Dumb ass emo kid.

you sound like a **** in this post, you know that right?
i agree suicide is selfish... and possibly cowardly, but attaching it to a genre of music makes you sound stupid

Imagawa666
Yeah F the kid who commited suicide. Look at the hurt its done to his freinds and family.

Alpha Centauri
Ohhh... since when did you think you knew how to fix the worlds porblems. Some people cant live together. And a planet filled with comapassion would be a horrible place. So stale and dull

Try understanding my posts, then reply.

I understand your point. But it's a sense less cause. He should have consider his family's reaction, his friends' reactions and such

You don't understand my point then do you?

"He should have...", "It's senseless...".

Yes, to you. My point, which you clearly do not understand, was that in the state of mind he was in, being sensible and what you "should" do, did not enter into it.

It's all too easy to sit here casually saying "Yeah he should have done this." To him, it wasn't that easy was it?

I don't know what's so hard to grasp about this concept.

-AC

_Sanctuary_
Yeah F the kid who commited suicide. Look at the hurt its done to his freinds and family.

Obviously the logic centre in your brain has melted, communication with people of your kind is useless..

Imagawa666
If par of my brain melted id e dead.... Are you stupid or blonde or both?

BackFire
Oh wow, the kid lived in my county. Ain't that some shit.

Syren

By 'quite obviously' emo, I was referring to the comments made in the report about him... he wasn't quite obviously emo because he killed himself, but because of the way he portrayed himself. He was seen as emo, whatever that term may be defined as. Please don't tear me apart because you read me wrong.

He was a coward for killing himself, not for the way he did it. I didn't word that correctly, I do apologise.

I called him silly in a very loose manner. As in, a way one would call a child silly for having a tantrum over something idiotic. This suicide, and the way it was carried out, was idiotic. And I have been through it, I came out of it. Excuse me.

Just another quick note, AC, I read this thread through and I agree with all of your comments. In other discussions regarding this topic I have a tendency to take the exact same viewpoint as you. But, once again, you have taken me on as an opponent rather than an ally. Wonders will never cease roll eyes (sarcastic)

KidRock
Originally posted by BackFire
What a shitty suicide note.

If I said that PVS and AC would quote me and try and give some smart-ass response that they sat there thinking up for 30 minutes.

Syren
Yeah, but you didn't, BF did. And right there is the fundamental difference.

Alpha Centauri
By 'quite obviously' emo, I was referring to the comments made in the report about him... he wasn't quite obviously emo because he killed himself, but because of the way he portrayed himself. He was seen as emo, whatever that term may be defined as. Please don't tear me apart because you read me wrong.

You don't even know what emo means, so how can you say he was portrayed as emo? Emo has nothing to do with anything outside of music. The emo "scene" is a fake label. It's just a different kind of trendwhore. There's no need to attach the word "emo".

He was a coward for killing himself, not for the way he did it. I didn't word that correctly, I do apologise.

Still, it takes guts to end your own life, knowing it's gonna be for eternity. I agree that it's a selfish act, but I don't condemn. I think selfish is the term, not cowardly. Bringing death upon yourself is anything but.

I called him silly in a very loose manner. As in, a way one would call a child silly for having a tantrum over something idiotic. This suicide, and the way it was carried out, was idiotic. And I have been through it, I came out of it. Excuse me.

Exactly, so you should realise that you were a fortunate one. Some people aren't as fortunate as you. Just because you could do it, doesn't mean everyone can. It's all too easy to come through it with a holier than thou attitude. I'm sure if someone said that being in the depths was idiotic, when you were there you'd probably have replied with "Try being here and dealing with it." You'd be right to, also. So afford the same respect to others.

With regards to you saying I've taken you on as an opponent. This tends to happen when people have conflicting views on specific things.

-AC

GCG
?????????

How did myspace get someone killed exactly ?

Lana
Originally posted by GCG
?????????

How did myspace get someone killed exactly ?

I already commented on the misleading nature of the title and was completely ignored.

Syren
You don't even know what emo means, so how can you say he was portrayed as emo? Emo has nothing to do with anything outside of music. The emo "scene" is a fake label. It's just a different kind of trendwhore. There's no need to attach the word "emo".

True, I don't know the definition. Although I do know it's not a recent term, although it seems to have been adopted by a certain type recently... I based my comments on the wording in the report. He was labelled as 'emo', so I used the word 'emo', I meant no offence by it.

I agree... I would never say it was easy to actually and your own life. Probably why I came out the other side of a severe depression; although I hit rock bottom in my eyes, I was still connected enough to realise I couldn't follow through. Does that make me a coward for shying away from death, or a stronger person for bringing myself back from the brink?

I'm not holier than thou, at least I try not to be. I realise, however, that I can be quite arrogant. And I'm sure I can recall saying 'Try being here...' on more than one occasion.

AC, we have conflicting views on everything... until you read back through our debates and note that in actual fact, a lot of the time we agree and ignore it.

Victor Von Doom
If the dual solutions to a given problem are

a) Dealing with that problem; or

b) Choosing a method of suicide that will (in the event that there is no such thing as an afterlife) end all activity on your part in this world, for eternity;

it's an easy choice as to which requires more fortitude. Let's end the cliched crap about bravery in the face of adversity. All humans have problems, and for the most part, they try to sort them out.

Suicide is possibly a drastic solution, but it's by no means cowardly. I can think of a lot of problems that rank lower on the list than the problem of ceasing to exist from here onwards.

GCG
I already commented on the misleading nature of the title and was completely ignored.

For a minute i thought they refered to the site in this already existing thread http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=376730&highlight=Ctrl+Alt+Suicide

Alpha Centauri
I'm still not totally sure what you are trying to establish by raising our past topical disagreements everytime we disagree on something...it baffles me to this day. Whether you think I'm picking you out or doing it for the sake of? I have no clue. I reply to whoever I feel like replying to really. It goes no further.

True, I don't know the definition. Although I do know it's not a recent term, although it seems to have been adopted by a certain type recently... I based my comments on the wording in the report. He was labelled as 'emo', so I used the word 'emo', I meant no offence by it.

It didn't offend me, I just think that for someone so against generalisation, judging and stereotyping, you shouldn't be saying the guy was quite obviously emo. Nothing to do with emo. Emo is an abbreviated musical term, nothing more.

I agree... I would never say it was easy to actually and your own life. Probably why I came out the other side of a severe depression; although I hit rock bottom in my eyes, I was still connected enough to realise I couldn't follow through. Does that make me a coward for shying away from death, or a stronger person for bringing myself back from the brink?

It makes you no more or less than someone who came through it. Some do, some don't. He didn't, you did. He made one decision, you made another. It's that simple.

I'm not holier than thou, at least I try not to be. I realise, however, that I can be quite arrogant. And I'm sure I can recall saying 'Try being here...' on more than one occasion.

There we go then. End of discussion.

-AC

Imagawa666
This thread has turned into a flame war beacuase theres a bunch of idiots who think my brains melted (Why can i still be alive then), Suicide is acceptable and overall cant accept the fact the boy was a patheitc wasteful disgrace of a human being COWARD!!

Syren
It didn't offend me, I just think that for someone so against generalisation, judging and stereotyping, you shouldn't be saying the guy was quite obviously emo. Nothing to do with emo. Emo is an abbreviated musical term, nothing more.

-AC

I told you, by saying 'quite obviously emo', I was referring to the report... he was described as emo on more than one occasion and I used that.

Syren
This thread has turned into a flame war beacuase theres a bunch of idiots who think my brains melted (Why can i still be alive then), Suicide is acceptable and overall cant accept the fact the boy was a patheitc wasteful disgrace of a human being COWARD!!

If I could see you now I would slap you.

Alpha Centauri
So if someone writes a report on you and describes you with a term that is false, derogatory and unknown to me, I can go by that?

Or would that be extremely stupid and ignorant to call you something without even knowing what it means?

-AC

BackFire
Originally posted by KidRock
If I said that PVS and AC would quote me and try and give some smart-ass response that they sat there thinking up for 30 minutes.

Yes, and good times would have been had by all for the hilarity that would have followed.

StaT1c
Originally posted by Df02
you sound like a **** in this post, you know that right?
i agree suicide is selfish... and possibly cowardly, but attaching it to a genre of music makes you sound stupid I just mentioned Emo as to further emphasize what kind of person he was. You're probably thinking just because I said "Dumb ass Emo kid" that it is no suprise he did that and that all Emo kids do that. No. It could have been a skater or something and I would have said "Dumb ass skater kid." Remember, I was just emphasizing his label as a person (skater, skinhead, nerd, gamer, etc).

In my opinion, Emo isn't just a genre of music. It's also a lifestyle labeled by society. Unfortunately AC, I still disagree with you and your logic that Emo is just a rock genre =[

Imagawa666
So someone wants to slap me BOO HOO!! I feel soor that you cant get the concept of suicide being cowardly but my opinion aiint changin so dont try and convince me otherwise...

Alpha Centauri
In my opinion, Emo isn't just a genre of music. It's also a lifestyle labeled by society.

Well your opinion is wrong, because it is just a genre of music. The word emo has been falsely attached to a lifestyle, by society.

Emo is factually a genre of music, nothing more. Your opinion is wrong, and I suggest you stop arguing with your monitor, because yes...you're wrong.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, and good times would have been had by all for the hilarity that would have followed.

The correct intransitive verb to apply to the noun 'hilarity' is 'ensued'.

As well you know.

StaT1c
Well your opinion is wrong, because it is just a genre of music. The word emo has been falsely attached to a lifestyle, by society.

Emo is factually a genre of music, nothing more. Your opinion is wrong, and I suggest you stop arguing with your monitor, because yes...you're wrong.

-AC Alright then, define Emo as a genre

Alpha Centauri
Alright then, define Emo as a genre

I've actually done this about 10 times. It's not relevent.

What is relevent is the fact that 'Emo' is an abbreviated term for a music genre. People have attached this, wrongly, to an image and lifestyle.

So calling someone an emo is almost as stupid as calling someone a pop.

Walk up to someone in the street and say "HEY! You're a jazz!" Yeah, stupid isn't it?

-AC

BackFire
The correct intransitive verb to apply to the noun 'hilarity' is 'ensued'.

As well you know.

Yes, I wanted to be different.

Syren
So if someone writes a report on you and describes you with a term that is false, derogatory and unknown to me, I can go by that?

Or would that be extremely stupid and ignorant to call you something without even knowing what it means?

-AC

You're right. But I did state that it was my mistake for making use of a generalisation made by someone else.

Oh, I didn't?

Well, my bad... I made a mistake in my eagerness to ride the debate trend.

GCG

What is relevent is the fact that 'Emo' is an abbreviated term for a music genre. People have attached this, wrongly, to an image and lifestyle.

Walk up to someone in the street and say "HEY! You're a jazz!" Yeah, stupid isn't it?

-AC

confused or like calling someone a raver cause he likes rave...

or a rocker cause he likes rock ?

How would those be distinguished ?

Alpha Centauri
The equivelent to calling someone an emo is as I said, a pop, a rock, a metal. It's nonsensical.

I put people who feel the need to conform to ANY image under one umbrella. Giving them a specific label is doing them too much credit, giving them a wrong one just makes you look like an idiot.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
Try understanding my posts, then reply.

You don't understand my point then do you?

"He should have...", "It's senseless...".

Yes, to you. My point, which you clearly do not understand, was that in the state of mind he was in, being sensible and what you "should" do, did not enter into it.

It's all too easy to sit here casually saying "Yeah he should have done this." To him, it wasn't that easy was it?

I don't know what's so hard to grasp about this concept.

-AC

How do you know he commited suicide he was in a "different set of mind"? How do know if he wasn't mentally unstable?

Syren
If he was suicidal, surely he was mentally unstable? Ergo, he was of a different mindset?

_Sanctuary_
So someone wants to slap me BOO HOO!! I feel soor that you cant get the concept of suicide being cowardly but my opinion aiint changin so dont try and convince me otherwise...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t291143.html You'll feel right at home here roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
laughing

You're such a biatch stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
How do you know he commited suicide he was in a "different set of mind"? How do know if he wasn't mentally unstable?

Because you don't stroll around with a will to kill yourself do you? You're obviously in a different mindset to get to the point of carrying it out.

Can actually feel the stressal buildup on the bridge of my nose from the lack of understanding in this forum.

-AC

Syren
*hands AC a tissue*

Faceless
ALpha shut up okay stop talking down on all of these people with big words and insults. i feel horrible for the family and friends of the suicide victim and for him because he did not get help or none of his friends or family got him any help. i think it is dumb when kids (mostly EMO) act like they are depressed and they say o ya im gonna killl myself, but he obviously was serious so its not cowardly but perhaps a end to his suffering or his last desperate cry for attention.

Syren
shock

GCG
~sock~

Probably

I also think that AC might be Simon Cowell

Inspectah Deck
Because you don't stroll around with a will to kill yourself do you? You're obviously in a different mindset to get to the point of carrying it out.

Can actually feel the stressal buildup on the bridge of my nose from the lack of understanding in this forum.

-AC

laughing out loud I like when people answer my question with another question

Faceless
PLUS ALPHA DOnt tell static his opinion or anyone else's is false. IN my opinion evreything u are saying is ridiculous... its not music maybe it started as a rock genere but it has grown its now clothing, vocabulary, culture, a place for people to fit in, wake up and look around all of them cant act like that just over music so dnt get so damn defensive.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Faceless
PLUS ALPHA DOnt tell static his opinion or anyone else's is false. IN my opinion evreything u are saying is ridiculous... its not music maybe it started as a rock genere but it has grown its now clothing, vocabulary, culture, a place for people to fit in, wake up and look around all of them cant act like that just over music so dnt get so damn defensive.

Well A) You're wrong. It's only "become" that in the eyes of people who label things falsely. It's a music genre, nothing more.

B) You're an idiot, clear off.

laughing out loud I like when people answer my question with another question

I did answer your question though smile. The very fact that he committed suicide tells us he was in a different mind set.

GCG, refer to me as Simon Cowell again and I swear I will summon a plague of locusts down on your place of business and living.

-AC

Inspectah Deck

Are you referring to me?

Syren
Originally posted by GCG
Probably

I also think that AC might be Simon Cowell

Aaagghh... you caught me with my KMC Smilie Knowledge pants down confused

Faceless
Well A) You're wrong. It's only "become" that in the eyes of people who label things falsely. It's a music genre, nothing more.

I did answer your question though smile. The very fact that he committed suicide tells us he was in a different mind set.

GCG, refer to me as Simon Cowell again and I swear I will summon a plague of locusts down on your place of business and living.

-AC

lol wow u are probably EMo urslef thats y u care hahahahah plague of locusts?wtf... does anyone agree that SImon Cowel(ac) is being a little....Emo

Inspectah Deck

-AC

Okay Simon stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
lol wow u are probably EMo urslef thats y u care hahahahah plague of locusts?wtf... does anyone agree that SImon Cowel(ac) is being a little....Emo

Type this again.

THIS time, don't swipe at your keyboard ferociously with your forehead. Use your fingers to type. If you can talk to me sensibly I'll not report you.

-AC

PVS
leave it to a thread like this to bring all the self rightous know it alls out from their holes. "they're just cowards. I KNOW!!!!1111oneone!!!!"
and "OMG FEKING EMO KIDS"

sickening how heartless people can be. its not like im saying you should give a shit, because...well i really dont give a shit either. but at the same time im not ready to take a shit on the kid's grave just to feel better about myself.

you would NEVER kill yourself. well im sure everyones really proud of you. but how is it that since you wouldnt kill yourselves, all of the sudden you're experts on WHY people kill themselves. pull your heads out of your asses, please.

Syren

blink

Oh dear lord, not another one.

Morgoths_Wrath
Josh's Myspace Profile

for anyone who's interested

Syren
Originally posted by PVS
leave it to a thread like this to bring all the self rightous know it alls out from their holes. "they're just cowards. I KNOW!!!!1111oneone!!!!"
and "OMG FEKING EMO KIDS"

sickening how heartless people can be. its not like im saying you should give a shit, because...well i really dont give a shit either. but at the same time im not ready to take a shit on the kid's grave just to feel better about myself.

you would NEVER kill yourself. well im sure everyones really proud of you. but how is it that since you wouldnt kill yourselves, all of the sudden you're experts on WHY people kill themselves. pull your heads out of your asses, please.

You're calling us self righteous? Excuse me, but I have been there. I pulled my head out of the ground, myself out of the hole I was in, so if I want my head up my ass I'll keep it there.

Who do you think you are coming into this thread and slamming us for having an opinion on some fella who couldn't handle life any more? We have as much right as you to assess the situation and state our viewpoints.

How about you waste your time commenting on the subject in hand rather than taking the moral high ground regarding us insensitive bastards?

Alpha Centauri
He's just saying what I've been saying this whole time, albeit in a bit of an aggressive way.

Don't go around saying "Pointless, he should have thought" because in that situation, these things don't come to mind, quite obviously.

-AC

PVS
You're calling us self righteous? Excuse me, but I have been there.=

*checks syren's pulse*

clearly you havent

Faceless
Type this again.

THIS time, don't swipe at your keyboard ferociously with your forehead. Use your fingers to type. If you can talk to me sensibly I'll not report you.

-AC
okay ac (not SIMON) i was suggesting the fact that perhaps you are EMO and that is why you are defending everything said against "EMO"

StaT1c

-AC So, if you've define Emo about 10 times, mind copying/pasting your definition? I just want to read your perspective on this music genre, nothing more.

Alpha Centauri
Quite true, PVS.

Anyone who has been there, genuinely, isn't here anymore. Unless of course they genuinely did fail suicide.

Which I'm not sure if Syren has or not. So I won't assume anything.

Faceless: Stop saying emo in that context. It's a music genre, nothing more.

So, if you've define Emo about 10 times, mind copying/pasting your definition? I just want to read your perspective on this music genre, nothing more.

Go search the off-topic forum. If you still can't find it, I'll PM you it.

-AC

PVS
Quite true, PVS.

Anyone who has been there, genuinely, isn't here anymore. Unless of course they genuinely did fail suicide.

most failed suicides are a cry for help imho.
its not too difficult to end yourself instantly with no chance of resussitation. all those people who cut their wrists 'across the street' and not 'down the block' are a prime example.

i'm not saying its not something serious regardless, but no comparrisos to someone who'll blow his head off with a gun. thats someone who has his mind made up.

Alpha Centauri
I do agree, but I'm saying that failing suicide, genuinely, is not an impossibility.

If this does happen, I do think to myself "Why not pick a surefire way?". No pun intended. That's a whole other debate though.

Most are a cry for help, yes I agree. It does happen though, genuine failed suicides.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by PVS
its not too difficult to end yourself instantly with no chance of resussitation. all those people who cut their wrists 'across the street' and not 'down the block' are a prime example.

not saying its not something serious regardless, but no comparriso to someone who'll blow his head off with a gun. thats someone who has his mind made up.

True for the most part.

People often jump off a bridge into water. Better idea, jump off something...onto the floor.

The urge to stay alive isn't going to help you in that scenario, nor resuscitation.

PVS
I do agree, but I'm saying that failing suicide, genuinely, is not an impossibility.

If this does happen, I do think to myself "Why not pick a surefire way?". No pun intended. That's a whole other debate though.

Most are a cry for help, yes I agree. It does happen though, genuine failed suicides.

-AC

oh im sure. thus the word 'most'

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by PVS

i'm not saying its not something serious regardless, but no comparrisos to someone who'll blow his head off with a gun. thats someone who has his mind made up.

You have a point.. But your descriptions made me feel very ill...

Lana

-AC

Yep.....

And as for the question of why someone would do so....it is a case of not being in your right mind. Unless you have been down that road, you cannot imagine how utterly horrible someone must be feeling about life in general and how depressed they are to think that ending their life is the only option. When someone's that messed up, they usually think that they're removing a burden from the lives of others, not placing more worries on them.

Faceless
emo is a way of life for some people they live by emo(their music as u say) but the become "emo" they like the label its a group and think of other cliques....prep ( none of them are actually preppies from a prep school.)....jock(not all of them are clueless and good at sports..but they dress the same projectuing that image...similiar to emo) i got a dozen more if u need any more examples.... GOTH ( goth is a culture of the past a religion, a type of architecture.) but they were under roman control and pushed of the point of normality and driven to rebel against their captors. Much like the goths, they rebel because they fell they have to.!!

Victor Von Doom
Seeing as we are seemingly in the 'suicide' thread now:

Can someone commit suicide in 'right mind'?

What does anyone make of the case of R Budd Dwyer(unrelated question)?

Alpha Centauri
emo is a way of life for some people they live by emo(their music as u say) but the become "emo" they like the label its a group and think of other cliques....prep ( none of them are actually preppies from a prep school.)....jock(not all of them are clueless and good at sports..but they dress the same projectuing that image...similiar to emo) i got a dozen more if u need any more examples.... GOTH ( goth is a culture of the past a religion, a type of architecture.) but they were under roman control and pushed of the point of normality and driven to rebel against their captors. Much like the goths, they rebel because they fell they have to.!!

No, just stop. Emo is a music genre, not an image nor a lifestyle. Going and describing ACTUAL lifestyles does not make emo a lifestyle.

Step two, possibly three paces away from the comp and then go stand facing the wall until you've decided not to talk stupidness in a way that isn't contributing to the thread.

-AC

PVS
Seeing as we are seemingly in the 'suicide' thread now:

Can someone commit suicide in 'right mind'?

What does anyone make of the case of R Budd Dwyer(unrelated question)?

in a case of self sacrifice, yes. also, in the case of sparing yourself a more painful inevitable death...other than that...i cant see how

Victor Von Doom
'Life is like animal porn: it's not for everybody.' - Doug Stanhope.

Syren
Originally posted by PVS
*checks syren's pulse*

clearly you havent

Like I said before, I got to the point where the only option left was to end it. And I didn't. Am I being blasted because I decided that maybe I had something to live for?

You're passing judgement on me, calling me self righteous, and yet you blatantly tell me I can't have been suicidal because I'm not dead? What the hell kind of f.ucked up logic is that?

Faceless
DOnt u tell me stop anything who the hell r u did u make this thread, ! and even if u did who cares its a public forum...in ur opinion emo is a music genere in mine its a culture a group so do not tell me that mt thoughts and opinions are wrong okay? Because if you do it further proves that your are ignorant and are prbably....republican

GCG
People WHO attempt suicide, dont do it for attention. Its that they think they are in a hole they cannot get out of.

Alpha Centauri
Like I said before, I got to the point where the only option left was to end it. And I didn't. Am I being blasted because I decided that maybe I had something to live for?

Then ending it quite clearly wasn't your only option was it? Think about what you just said. "I got to the point where the ONLY option left was to end it." Fine...."And I didn't." You chose not to, so you had another option.

-AC

Syren
Originally posted by GCG
People WHO attempt suicide, dont do it for attention. Its that they think they are in a hole they cannot get out of.

Sometimes... there are some who attempt suicide in the hope that they will be found, helped, and then fussed over because of what they did. Which is why it's so difficult to differentiate between people who genuinely need help and attention seekers, I suppose.

PVS

You're passing judgement on me, calling me self righteous, and yet you blatantly tell me I can't have been suicidal because I'm not dead? What the hell kind of f.ucked up logic is that?

hmmm, ok its time to go back and read my post again. this time read the words that are actually written instead of filling in the blanks as you glaze over. you are arguing with your own assumptions and not my post im sorry to say.

and since you still had an instinct of self preservation (you being alive) then you have not reached that point. unless you were caught in the process of attempting---well whatever the case it isnt anyone's business but yours.

i was bashing the bashers of a kid who killed himself.
you can either read the post in question again or you can continue
this dramatic tyrade...but your only arguing imaginary points.

Syren
Then ending it quite clearly wasn't your only option was it? Think about what you just said. "I got to the point where the ONLY option left was to end it." Fine...."And I didn't." You chose not to, so you had another option.

-AC

True.. but surely that's a good thing? I got to the point where I thought my only option was to end it.

I was helped, I had people who were there for me. I guess you could say I was lucky.

Lana
Sometimes... there are some who attempt suicide in the hope that they will be found, helped, and then fussed over because of what they did. Which is why it's so difficult to differentiate between people who genuinely need help and attention seekers, I suppose.

From what I've noticed, there is one very good way to tell the difference between the attention seekers and those who genuinely need help -- the amount of attention they call to it.

Syren
Originally posted by PVS
hmmm, ok its time to go back and read my post again. this time read the words that are actually written instead of filling in the blanks as you glaze over. you are arguing with your own assumptions and not my post im sorry to say.

and since you still had an instinct of self preservation (you being alive) then you have not reached that point. unless you were caught in the process of attempting---well whatever the case it isnt anyone's business but yours.

i was bashing the bashers of a kid who killed himself.
you can either read the post in question again or you can continue
this dramatic tyrade...but your only arguing imaginary points.

Excuse my melodramatic tendencies... read response to AC wink

Syren
From what I've noticed, there is one very good way to tell the difference between the attention seekers and those who genuinely need help -- the amount of attention they call to it.

Good point, actually. Notice I said 'I suppose', I was thinking aloud a concept I perhaps hadn't fully addressed before.

Alpha Centauri
True.. but surely that's a good thing? I got to the point where I thought my only option was to end it.

I was helped, I had people who were there for me. I guess you could say I was lucky.

I think calling it lucky is demeaning to people who do choose to work through it.

However, that's what happened. You thought it was your only option. If it was your only option, you'd be dead.

-AC

DanieLs_4_Ever

call the police.
im soo sorry<3

Dumb ass emo kid.
Well I do agree with you unquestionabely, but there really are people in this world that believe they have nothing to live for and have the worst lives you could ever lead. If all you're ever going to do is sit in a corner and moap quietly, then it's correct..you really do have nothing to live for...why waste space.

Syren
I think calling it lucky is demeaning to people who do choose to work through it.

However, that's what happened. You thought it was your only option. If it was your only option, you'd be dead.

-AC

So what was it, then? If not fortunate, what else would you call it? An act of God? I had people who were there for me, but I worked hard to get out of the depression AC. I wasn't carried out.

Faceless
many survivors that have jumped of a bridge for suicide say that the moment their feet left the ground they wondered what the hell they where doing so people who commit suicide may have other options but their options are clouded by their depression and their thoughts of suicide

Syren
I wouldn't have time to wonder what I was doing, my mind would be too filled with 'OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod....' stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Well I do agree with you unquestionabely, but there really are people in this world that believe they have nothing to live for and have the worst lives you could ever lead. If all you're ever going to do is sit in a corner and moap quietly, then it's correct..you really do have nothing to live for...why waste space.

Considering you previously had mopey sigs and a screen name saying "Morbid", you're in no real position to comment.

So what was it, then? If not fortunate, what else would you call it? An act of God? I had people who were there for me, but I worked hard to get out of the depression AC. I wasn't carried out.

I'd call it...you...deciding to help yourself...and not kill yourself.

Sounds about right.

-AC

Syren
You are so bloody anal.

Faceless
many survivors that have jumped of a bridge for suicide say that the moment their feet left the ground they wondered what the hell they where doing so people who commit suicide may have other options but their options are clouded by their depression and their thoughts of suicide.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>