Jerec vs. AOTC Obi-wan and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I'm not sure how good Jerec is. Could he take these two?

Darth Brainiac
Well, AOTC Anakin is a human body shield and Obi1 is a relitavly new user at Soresu and I know next to nothing about Jerec so I'll vote when I hear other opinion

Brotz
Jerec is said to have rivaled Vader's power and is probably a Makashi master. The difference between him and Dooku is that Jerec would kill rather than injure. Both Kenobi and Skywalker would be killed either by Jerec's blade or by his force destruction ability, separately.

Se7in
Where do you get those facts from?

Brotz
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and Star Wars Wookieepedia.

Darth Faunus
He's no Makashi master. And the latter of your sources is worthless.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Brotz
Jerec is said to have rivaled Vader's power and is probably a Makashi master. The difference between him and Dooku is that Jerec would kill rather than injure. Both Kenobi and Skywalker would be killed either by Jerec's blade or by his force destruction ability, separately.
There's also the fact that Jerec's blind. Sure he uses the Force so he can still tell where things are but that's not as good as having eyes.

Brotz
My latter source as far as Jerec being a Makashi master is worthless, but the first one is proof. In JK, Jerec used precise movements with minimal effort. This would also make sense because Miraluka have good reaction times, although a "general lack of coordination."

Se7in
How is Jerec rivaling Vader's power? If that would have been the case Sidious would've pinned them against one another to keep the stronger apprentice. As for him being a Makashi master, that makes no sense. It's a video game, because I use minimal mouse movement and push the movement keys less often does not make my character a Makashi master. Give us facts, not in-game observations.

Brotz
Palpatine actually stopped Jerec's training in fear of being overthrown. Palpatine knew he could trust Vader's loyalty, so he wasn't about to replace his trusted executor and apprentice with somebody that could destroy him and his Empire.

Also, I never said it was just minimal movement that makes me believe Jerec is a Makashi master. He doesn't use open, offensive attacks. He uses precision and accuracy. Of course, that is a in-game observation. The opening scenes of the game show that Jerec might have used Form V instead of Form II. Maybe the novelization of the game could confirm which one.

Still, let's get to the point. Although the ROTS team would definitely defeat Jerec, the AOTC team just can't match up to Jerec in his prime, since his lightsaber skills are already great, but his mastery of the force is even greater.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Dush khan Mabeo
Well, AOTC Anakin is a human body shield and Obi1 is a relitavly new user at Soresu and I know next to nothing about Jerec so I'll vote when I hear other opinion

Obi-Wan new at using Soresu? He's been using it for 10 years. He started training with it after Qui-Gon was killed.

Brotz
Kenobi and Skywalker haven't fought in a true war yet. Compare them to the moment the Clone Wars started to when it ended on Empire Day.

Shadow x 20
Empire day? Jerec wasn't in the Clone War in fact I don't believe Jerec was in any war.

Se7in
^^True.

Jerec was never involved in the Clone Wars, more or less any war, so that can't be an advantage in his favor.

Brotz
You are missing my point. Kenobi and Skywalker were children before they entered the Clone Wars. Jerec, in his prime, easily took down Jedi Master Qu Rhan, who didn't even have a chance to fight back.

Skywalker and Kenobi would have to stay together during the whole fight and overpower Jerec if they would have any good chance to defeating him without getting killed.

Escape81
Palpatine ended Jerec's studies of the Dark Side and Sith because Jerec quested for too much knowledge. Palpatine's biggest fear is that he may be dethroned. Jerec is tough, but I doubt he is that tough that Palpatine personally feared him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.