The White Stripes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

L0KI
Although they seem to be mainstream these days, I think their music has continually remained impressive with each album. However their "fans" on webrings etc seem to have a lot of hatred for anything after 'White blood cells', blaming selling out and things. Also within the music industry a lot of rock bands also dismiss the band as "gimmick" or (surprisingly) "talentless" and this is from (some)respectable artists such as Joseph Hahn, Ryan Adams, Maynard James Keenan etc (there is a thread of listed celebs who dislike the W.S) So I was wondering if there are any W.S fans in the house and what are your thoughts on this
???

Solo
Save yourself an asskicking and use the search tool.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=353524&highlight=white+stripes

Alpha Centauri
The fact that they do have a gimmick, makes a lot of people jealous considering that in the other hand Jack White has more talent than most people who wish for.

I've never heard of Maynard saying anything like that though, news to me.

-AC

Aj333
W.S. are good but i think its kinda gimmickie that they won't say if they are brother and sister or a divorced couple (hope they aren't both ew)

Alpha Centauri
Why does it even matter? They make great music. The music wouldn't stop being good even if they were hermaphrodites.

-AC

Aj333
yeah thats true

RedAlertv2
dont particularly like them

Afro Cheese
Yeah I never could get into them.

StinkFist462
love 'em.

LizzyT123
I LOVE the White Stripes! If I could see any band right now, it would have to be The White Stripes. I have all their albums except for one, I think its something like Deja Still or something like that. I wasn't very impressed with their new album, Stand Behind Me Satan, a lot of the songs were pretty slow, and kinda gloomy or sad, but I did enjoy the album. Meg got some more solo-ish singing time, which made me happy. smile

Alpha Centauri
It's called De Stijl and their new album is called Get Behind Me Satan, not Stand.

-AC

alic88
They're pretty good

Red Superfly
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Meg got some more solo-ish singing time, which made me happy. smile

I love the White Stripes, but I sincerely hope I never EVER have to hear Meg sing ever again.

My ears took several weeks to stop bleeding after that song she did.

Alpha Centauri
I think she has a rather pleasant speaking voice but I do agree that she should just stick to doing what she does on the drums.

-AC

Deathblow
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I have all their albums except for one, I think its something like Deja Still or something like that.

De Stijl is there best, IMO. Get it yes

Although saying that, Ball & Biscuit is by far my favorite songs of theirs.

StinkFist462
i like Red Rain the best, De Stijl is def. their best album.

L0KI
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The fact that they do have a gimmick, makes a lot of people jealous considering that in the other hand Jack White has more talent than most people who wish for.

I've never heard of Maynard saying anything like that though, news to me.

-AC

He said it in an interview with Kerrang magazine last year, he said something like "It's not like I don't like bands like The White Stripes, I just don't The Whites Stripes." and then that the music doesn't achieve anything or something I cant quite remember. Weird huh? I think many of their songs achieve different emotions...but maybe that's just me. Jack White is also a fantastic guitarist and Meg's singing doesn't upset me too much confused

Alpha Centauri
I think White Blood Cells is their best album, really.

-AC

L0KI
Me too. Although Get behind me Satan is growing on me more with each listen, So it's a close second.

Victor Von Doom
Elephant for me.

Nay sayer
I love Seven Nation Army

cool_dudes_rule
well i know the white stripes are kinda different and i know how good they are but i just never hardly listen to them and that.

Soth
I love the White Stripes (can't you tell?). I love the fact that their music is so simplistic (I've never taken more than a day to learn one of their songs on guitar), but that in a way enhances their awesome-ness. They're just so innovative and unique. All of their albums are incredible, but I have a soft spot in my heart for White Blood Cells

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.