Depa vs. Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Mace managed to take Sidious down, could his apprentice and brother do the same?

Edit: I messed up. Kar needs to be in there too.

darthsith19
What? So this is Kar and Depa?

mace=badass
Thats what he said.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Mace managed to take Sidious down, could his apprentice and brother do the same?

Edit: I messed up. Kar needs to be in there too.

apprentice and BROTHER??!!! was depa his brother? i dont think so honestly

Darth_Glentract
Kar was his brother.

Darth Brainiac
Sids easyly.

jollyjim311
Sidious.

Darth Avis
the duo. kar is as strong as yoda in the force. even if he is untrained.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Avis
I agree with Avis eek! I voted for Kar and Depa. I mean, Kar managed to beat Mace once. He'd be a good match for Sidious. And Depa's no lackey. But about Kar being as strong as Yoda with the Force, in the Sidious, Red Guard and Thire vs. Sora and Kar thread someone told me that it was Kar if he had been trained.

Darth Brainiac
Proof of this?

Darth Avis
Shatterpoint. (A book btw)

Darth Brainiac
Shatterpoint. (A book btw)
I know what it is.

Darth Avis
then you should have read it.

Darth Brainiac
Coulda shoulda didna

Darth Avis
then read it. it is awsome.

kamikz
Does it say this guy is as strong as Yoda?

Borbarad
Kar Vastor is basically equal to Mace (AotC) and so is Depa Billaba. I don't think that Sidious can take both of them (if it's ROTS Sidious). I'm even sure that one of them alone would give Sidious some serious trouble...

Zarathustra
More accurately, Mace explicitly states that he wouldn't be able to beat Kar on his best day. Kar is much stronger than he is: his power is indeed compared to Yoda's.

Shadow x 20
If he is untrained then he doesn't know how to use it

Darth Avis
i can be untraind in Tae kwon doo (which i am traind in) and still use moves from it or use a better way of fighting.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Kar was his brother.

I dont have a brother rolling on floor laughing

jollyjim311
I don't know much about him, can someone post something. I will say thank you now because my computer at homw won't let me log on to anything (I am in keyboarding class).

chilled monkey
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I don't know much about him, can someone post something. I will say thank you now because my computer at homw won't let me log on to anything (I am in keyboarding class).

Kar Vastor:

Mace's brother (they both come from the Windu clan). Uses a pair of superconducting vibro-shields that are impervious to lightsabres and can cut through most materials.

Untrained but very strong in the Force (Mace describes him as being on Yoda's level). He can use Force-kinesis, has an instinctive connection to the jungle (he can control animals and plants) and has cat-like reflexes.

He stands as tall as a Wookie and is strong as an ox. He can't speak and can only make animal sounds (growls, snarls etc). He uses a semi-telepathic ability to translate the sounds he makes, but only the person/people that he's addressing can understand.

Darth Avis
good job describing him.

chilled monkey
good job describing him.

Thanks

Darth_Glentract
He actually is self-trained in the force, just not in the ways of the Jedi. Remember that his Akk Guards were able to force jump.

Sorgo
Sidious and Depa one on one? Depa dies at the snap of a finger.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Sorgo
Sidious and Depa one on one? Depa dies at the snap of a finger.
No, Depa has Kar on her side.

Zarathustra
We'll note that Mace Windu states in Shatterpoint that Depa's skill in Vaapad had surpassed his own: he only narrowly managed to survive a fight with her, and he only "won" because she broke down and tried to kill herself. Not only did Kar beat him in single combat, Mace states clearly he would not be able to win a fight with him... so he unexpectedly threw one of the discarded vibro-shields at Kar and in went right through his weapon, arm and into his chest.
So, what we have is two characters who can best Mace Windu. Mace Windu beat Sidious. I would say the Dark Lord is at a distinct disadvantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.