Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress vs. Mace Windu and Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OBI-Ninja
Let's hear it...

Ianus
Mace and Depa are better partners and higher in level overall than Dooku and Asaajj. If the latter don't fight dirty, they lose.

darthsith19
This all depends on who'd win between Mace and Dooku and between Asajj and Depa. I think Mace'd beat Dooku, though, and then he and Dpea'd beat Asajj, assuming, of course, that it's Asajj in her prime and she's not already dead.

OBI-Ninja
Asajj is in her prime of course. Otherwise I know she'd get pwned pretty fast by Mace or Depa.

Darth Avis
i think dooku and assaj win. Dooku will beat mace sinse makashi is THE lightsaber to lightsaber form. We all know that dooku is supirior to mace with the force. now depa vs assaj. Assaj beat obi wan who i rank higher then depa.

Darth Brainiac
Not a Mace vs. Dooku thread again, lets say that M v. D is a tie(they both die), but still Depa kills Asajj so topic closed

Darth Avis
that is stupid.

Darth Brainiac
Why?

Darth Avis
Because mace doesn't run in and stab dooku and dookus blade fall and cut mace in half. that is why.

Darth Brainiac
I just typed that in order to avoid a debate on something totaly different like in Durge vs. Sids

OBI-Ninja
How exactly would a Dooku vs. Mace debate lead to Durge vs. Sids?

Council#13
dont ask me...

Sorgo
We have gone through this and Dooku and Mace would stalemate during their fight. But Asajj Vs Depa? I would say Asajj. Asajj killed an arena full of Goons, managed to hold up to Anakin (Who had to give into his anger to kill her. And she may not even be dead but she most likely is) and she did contend with Dooku. I'd say Asajj would kill Depa then probably go help Dooku to end the stalemate.

overlord
I voted for Sorgo and friends.
No arguments here though, I just vote like teh noobs.

OBI-Ninja

kiddo44
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
i think dooku and assaj winn We all know that dooku is supirior to mace with the force. now depa vs assaj. Assaj beat obi wan who i rank higher then depa.

I agree. Asajj 5 months before ROTS fought Anakin very well, actually put that scar on his face. She is over Depa.

Darth Martin
I would disagree and say that Depa would beat Assaj with her Vapaad. Look at what Mace did with Vapaad to Sidious. Now sure Depa nowhere near the level of Mace but Assaj is nowhere near Sidious so.......

Gideon
It's a pity when one's fanboyism directs one to resurrect old threads. It is especially grievous (no pun intended) when one is wrong.

You've yet to prove that Depa is lesser than Asajj who Sidious considers "an occasionally competent warrior".

darthsith19
Just curious, when did Sidious call Asajj a "an occasionally competent warrior"?

I lean towards team Vaapad.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
Just curious, when did Sidious call Asajj a "an occasionally competent warrior"?

I lean towards team Vaapad.

Jedi vs. Sith: Essential Guide to the Force.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
Jedi vs. Sith: Essential Guide to the Force.
Alright, thanks!

Darth Martin
Team Vapaad ftw.

Gideon
Actually, I'll amend that. He calls her an "occasionally capable warrior; no more, no less."

Darth Martin
So you think Assaj and Tyranus will win.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Team Vapaad ftw.

Makashi > Vapaad. no expression

Darth Martin
You've said yourself that Mace is a tad bit more powerful than Dooku before(I know it's hard to believe). Also how can you say Makashi>Vapaad when you have to compare the two practitioners. no expression

Rampant ox
Ive never made such a ridiculous claim. Im a staunch beleiver of Dooku's superiority over Windu. no expression

In terms of which is the better form, Makashi is better than Vapaad - in duelling at least. Although, obviously, it depends on the practicioner of the corresponding form as to who will get the victory.

Gideon
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Ive never made such a ridiculous claim. Im a staunch beleiver of Dooku's superiority over Windu. no expression

In terms of which is the better form, Makashi is better than Vapaad - in duelling at least. Although, obviously, it depends on the practicioner of the corresponding form as to who will get the victory.

That depends, actually. Makashi is the ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat, and so -- in a conventional duel -- it is certainly on par with Vaapad and possibly superior. Count Dooku was credited with defeating Mace Windu prior to the Clone Wars; though one must take into account that given the thirty year age disparity between them, this might have been a time where Windu's own skill was novice-level compared to Dooku's own legendary prominence.

However, as you say, it often depends on the user. Master Yoda and Anakin Skywalker are either superior to Count Dooku or have overcome him in lightsaber combat while utilizing "inferior" forms. And, one must remember, Yoda refers to Vaapad as "the deadliest" form of them all.

What underlines and virtually cements Windu's victory over Dooku is that Dooku's Sith-allegiance and dark side propensity (he's stated to be an even greater Lord of the Sith than his status as a Jedi Master) make him vulnerable to the intricate nature of Vaapad; it allows Windu to siphon off dark side energy and negate whatever advantages the dark sider might have. The RotS novelization confirms that once Windu immersed himself in Vaapad, he and Palpatine were equals with a blade. So, if Dooku is superior with a blade, it won't matter.

Then, cue the shatterpoint charism, and Dooku will inexorably lose against Windu.

kiddo44
The RotS novelization confirms that once Windu immersed himself in Vaapad, he and Palpatine were equals with a blade.

I don't know who doubts they were equal with blades, but were they equal in force powers, certainly not, and Dooku's greater powers powers would put him over Windu.

Yeah, she was fairly competent in Obsession.

Sorgo
Originally posted by kiddo44
I don't know who doubts they were equal with blades, but were they equal in force powers, certainly not, and Dooku's greater powers powers would put him over Windu.

Greater powers? Right, because he's really displayed ability with the force surpassing the way Mace Windu telekinetically holds hundreds of tonnes of rock in place.

Darth Sexy
Shut up Noobaris.

Gideon
This post confirms a suspicion that the rest of us has harbored for a long time: you're a Dooku fanboy.

First, your statement is completely f--king retarded, to be blunt. "OmgZ! Dookoo's Froce powrs r totally superiur to Mace's!!1!oneone!!111!" -- even if that were true (which I'm not denying that it is) it is completely irrelevant.

Palpatine (who is superior to Dooku in the Force) was unable to use those superior Force powers against Mace with any tangible result. Ergo, your entire line-of-logic fails. Entirely.

JediSamuraiMRB
This team ftw..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/MACE.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/DEPA.jpg

Darth Martin
pics didn't work again

kiddo44

Palpatine (who is superior to Dooku in the Force) was unable to use those superior Force powers against Mace with any tangible result. E

Well maybe that's has something to do with the fact that he was holding his force powers back waiting on Anakin.

If somebody doesn't agree with your bias argument there a fanboy. Now talk about a retard post.

Advent
This post confirms a suspicion that the rest of us has harbored for a long time: you're a Dooku fanboy.

Such information has been known for more than a year, Gideon. Please keep up with the times, my dear.

BaneLover

First, your statement is completely f--king retarded, to be blunt. "OmgZ! Dookoo's Froce powrs r totally superiur to Mace's!!1!oneone!!111!" -- even if that were true (which I'm not denying that it is) it is completely irrelevant.

Palpatine (who is superior to Dooku in the Force) was unable to use those superior Force powers against Mace with any tangible result. Ergo, your entire line-of-logic fails. Entirely.

No, not really actually. Firstly, as Kiddo made reference to, it's possible that Palpatine was holding back against Mace at that particular time. Secondly, force lightning is the kind of power that can be defended against physically rather than directly with the force. Mace blocking such a tangible attack with his lightsaber says nothing about how well he would be able to use the force to defend against an attack not so easily defended against physically, such as a force grip, which is something that is definitely in Dooku's arsenal. Ergo, your entire ABC argument fails. Entirely.

Darth Sexy
http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/initial_consonants/y/images/yawn.jpg

BaneLover
We all know that you're a pro when it comes to pie eating contests Darth Sexy, there's no need to post pictures.

Gideon
Originally posted by BaneLover
No, not really actually. Firstly, as Kiddo made reference to, it's possible that Palpatine was holding back against Mace at that particular time.

The burden of proof is on you, Nebaris, not me. wink

That might support Kiddo's point if all Mace did was block the lightning. Alas, he did not. Alas, your point (and his) fails. Vaapad allows for a loop that deflected Palpatine's Force lightning back upon the Sith Lord. If you believe that this applies only to Force lightning, the burden is on you to prove it.

None of my points fail. The same properties and circumstances that resulted in Palpatine's defeat are very likely to occur with Dooku, since it refers to the nature of Vaapad. If you believe that this will not occur with Dooku, it's up to you to prove it. wink

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by BaneLover
We all know that you're a pro when it comes to pie eating contests Darth Sexy, there's no need to post pictures.

I know you're a first class moron so let me explain what the picture means. I'll give you a hint, the guy is yawning.

BaneLover
The burden of proof is on you, Nebaris, not me. wink

No, it actually really is on you, given that your ABC argument is dependant on Palpatine being completely unable to overpower Mace using the force. The burden of proof is on you to prove that he was using all of his power against Mace, otherwise your argument, that the weaker Dooku definitely wouldn't be able to overpower Mace simply because Palpatine appeared to not be able to, hasn't a leg to stand on.

Irrelevant misdirection. My counter was involving the method in which Mace was able to defend against Palpatine's lightning. There was no need to elaborate on the fact that he channelled that defence into an offense via a deflection, as either way, Mace was still only applying a physical defence - his lightsaber, to defend himself against Palpatine.

You've yet to answer how such a physical defence speaks - in any way - for how adept he would have been at defending against an attack such as a force choke, which would have to be directly defended against via the force, or rather, you've yet to accept that it doesn't.

Not that the burden of proof is actually on me, the novelisation's exact words were "super-conducting loop" which would indicate that it would only apply to lightning.

That would only be the case if Dooku were to either engage Mace in lightsaber combat, or with force lightning. You've yet to grasp the fact that if Dooku were to attempt to overpower him with a telekinetic or other such attack, Mace would have to apply a defence which he never had to use against what Palpatine threw at him.

No, it's still up to you to prove the opposite, as you made the original claim - that Dooku wouldn't be able to overpower Mace with the force, simply because someone stronger didn't - which as it stands, remains completely unproven.

kiddo44
Right, We saw Sidious use his powers all out on Yoda, he used none of that against Mace. Sidious was faking so much in that fight, for Anakin. Ian Mcdiarmid even stated in Star Wars Insider that the lighting did not effect his appearance and that messed up look was his real face.

The move on Kenobi in ROTS with Anakin coming in on him, I don't see Mace having anything to block that.

And saying well he has Vaapad so he must beat all darksiders. messed

MadMel
Right, We saw Sidious use his powers all out on Yoda, he used none of that against Mace. Sidious was faking so much in that fight, for Anakin. Ian Mcdiarmid even stated in Star Wars Insider that the lighting did not effect his appearance and that messed up look was his real face. i thought he meant that figuretively, as in "the real darth sideous we know and hate emrged" kinda thing erm

The move on Kenobi in ROTS with Anakin coming in on him, I don't see Mace having anything to block that.

And saying well he has Vaapad so he must beat all darksiders. messed no but he has a better chance at them than most other jedi..

kiddo44
Originally posted by MadMel
i thought he meant that figuretively, as in "the real darth sideous we know and hate emrged" kinda thing erm

No, this was in an interview in 2005, and he was asked about the face change, and what was the "real" Sidious face and he said the messed up one, and his face as Palpatine was a cover.

Gideon
No, this was in an interview in 2005, and he was asked about the face change, and what was the "real" Sidious face and he said the messed up one, and his face as Palpatine was a cover.

McDiarmid is not a G-canon source. Hell, he even said in the "Becoming Sidious" documentary that he moves "500 times faster than the Jedi" -- as good as Palpatine is, he's clearly not that fast.

skywalker833
Mace can take either one, and depa can hold her own, so i say they win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.