Classic Juggernaut vs. 8th Day Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blain
Stalemate.

Just to end a popular misconception about 8th Day Juggernaut, he wasn't "powered up" at all. As I had suspected, one can not "upgrade" from unstoppability and limitless strength. This is right out of the 8th Day's author's own mouth.

From,

(whoops, they won't let me post links!)

(pictures here comparing the beatdowns of Thor, but they won't let me post links!!!!)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Neptune/7060/vs_Thor1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Neptune/7060/vs_Thor2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/pic_housing2/Thor_KO1b.txt

vs.

Mordum
wow thor sucks. He is always the guy who gets beat up.

Mordum
Id say the first juggernaut wins. He made thor go flying where as the new juggernaut merely knocked him nearby.

long pig
Uh, oh.
-Goes into a fanboy craze-

aaahhshhahhah!

Nah, seriously, I was thinking he wasn't upgraded, too. Just he was using his power more effectively.

And DAMN, he ****ed Thor up. This here needsa go straight to the Juggy Respek thread.

armandovalles
he was amped up actually.As Classic Juggernaut, he had limits, he just never had to exert at them. Show the whole Romita Jr Fight which is 8th Day and Thor clearly says his power has increased a hundred-fold.

long pig
That's the thing, the writer said he wasn't amped. He was only focused.

Basically, that's normal jugs without any CIS PIS.

Swanky-Tuna
Being more focused is pretty much what everyone who isn't crazy has been saying about 8th day juggernaut.

grey fox
Apollo Creed-Ya got focus juggy , eye of the black panther man eye of the black panther.

Juggernaut- Call me juggy again and Ill break you in half !!!

Wickerman
Originally posted by armandovalles
he was amped up actually.As Classic Juggernaut, he had limits, he just never had to exert at them. Show the whole Romita Jr Fight which is 8th Day and Thor clearly says his power has increased a hundred-fold.

So.....you know better than the writer huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

Warmonger
*Fanboygasm*

Damn I already knew that he thrashed THor but I always thought he was more power ful thatn Classic.

In answer to your fight though 8th day wins for the very same reason that Buseik says, he can use his power better.

Hey Blain got the link to the site where you got that interveiw.
Hey Long Pig we need to get to work on a Juggernaut respect thread cause I'm tired of idiots talking like Juggernaut is just another brick.

DrDoom101
Thor and 8th Day Juggernaut
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050107202435&q=Battle+Scan

Ex11B
Originally posted by Blain
Stalemate.

Just to end a popular misconception about 8th Day Juggernaut, he wasn't "powered up" at all. As I had suspected, one can not "upgrade" from unstoppability and limitless strength. This is right out of the 8th Day's author's own mouth.

From,

(pictures here comparing the beatdowns of Thor, but they won't let me post links!!!!)

vs.

holy shit!!!! was that just from a backhand?

Blain
Yes

grey fox
Thats how damn powerful juggernaut is.

Warmonger
hey Blain what site did you get that quote off of.

Ex11B
i have never ,ever considered Juggy just a plain brick.As you can see,Thor also(hopefully)shares my exact thoughts.

Warmonger
Originally posted by Ex11B
i have never ,ever considered Juggy just a plain brick.As you can see,Thor also(hopefully)shares my exact thoughts.

It wasn't really aimed at you as I don't recall you saying anything like that. It is just that the Juggernaut is an X-Men enemy so people see him get defeated by them and start to thinking he is some wort of mid level brick.

Swanky-Tuna
This also kind of backs up my theory that normally Juggernaut's power is based on his emotions similar to Hulk. His anger focuses his energy and makes him more powerful. But when his helmet gets knocked off, he feels vulnerable and weak and channels less of the energy subconciously.

outarddwarf
juggernaut rules, a respect thread is exactly what he needs.

Rewmac
Than make another in the Comic Books topic big grinbig grinbig grin No offense I like Juggernaut big grinbig grin

juggernaut66666
what the **** is this helmet stuff its non sense you know nothing about juggs

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This also kind of backs up my theory that normally Juggernaut's power is based on his emotions similar to Hulk. His anger focuses his energy and makes him more powerful. But when his helmet gets knocked off, he feels vulnerable and weak and channels less of the energy subconciously.

Not enough evidence for that kind of theory.

juggernaut66666
the suit does not gives him any power or anything else right?

Rewmac
Oooohhhh yeah and what about the fight with the Hulk without the helmet that's bullshot....The helmet only protects him from mental damage...Pretty nice big grin But it's also nearly unbreakable...He get's his power from Cyttorak not anger....If he get's angry he is using just more of his power, but nobody actually seen his full power.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Not to my knowledge.

His helmet as you already know just protects him from TP.

8 th day Juggs was just completely focuses on fulfilling his task as a participant in the Octessence so he more fully utilised and applied his power than Cain in his normal frame of mind would. He was more representative of Cytorrak and used his power as Cytorrak intended.

juggernaut66666
cyttorak power is limitless after all so he can beat galactus it s in juggy thread

GalacticStorm
cyttorak power is limitless after all so he can beat galactus it s in juggy thread

There are degrees of infinity. Galactus is more powerful than Cytorrak. Cytorrak is skyfather level. He wouldnt have a chance against Galactus.

juggernaut66666
not infinite limitless yo know no limits so he can overcom galactus

GalacticStorm
not infinite limitless yo know no limits so he can overcom galactus

Same thing. Galactus is more powerful. There are degrees of infinity. Magneto is siad to have practically limitless power so is Nate Grey, are they more power than Eternity?

Many beings are stated to have limitless power, those terms are thrown around in comics all the time, along with terms such as invulnerable and indestructible. Theyre relative. You need to learn not to take them literally in comics.

Cytorrak is skyfather level. The skyfathers are below the cube beings who are below Galactus/Celestialswho are below the abstracts who are below the likes of LT and The Phoenix Force.

golem370
The picture of Thor flying past that crowd of people was from the Back Hand but the other picture of Thor going threw the building is when Juggernaut hitched a ride with the Hammer and then hit Thor.

Tron
Originally posted by Blain
Stalemate.

From,

vs.

This has actually been argued on here before, mainly in the Hulk/Juggernaut thread, and you're right. But, it's either been forgotten or ignored by some on here.

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

You're somewhat right. They aren't totally similar, but, the nature of Juggernaut's power is suppose to make him more aggressive, angry, and violent, and that helps feed the power also, sort of.

Originally posted by outarddwarf
juggernaut rules, a respect thread is exactly what he needs.

There's been one for a few months already.

Tron
what the **** is this helmet stuff its non sense you know nothing about juggs

Actually, he knows plenty, and you misinterpreted his comment.

Nope, his POWER gives his power.

Warmonger
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Not enough evidence for that kind of theory.

Acutlaly there is. After Juggernaut got hit to Jersey by Onslaught when he got back up Beast said that he was weakened. Infact he said he said he must have been weaker becaue they were able to actually take him out with a city grids worth of power. I don't remeber if he remarked that Juggernaut's fright made him weaker. However that was the only difference between him and how he is normally. It was the first time Cain was actually scared and he seemed to have been weakned.

Not to mention that when he became totally focused on acheive his goal his powers seemingly doubled.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Warmonger
Acutlaly there is. After Juggernaut got hit to Jersey by Onslaught when he got back up Beast said that he was weakened. Infact he said he said he must have been weaker becaue they were able to actually take him out with a city grids worth of power. I don't remeber if he remarked that Juggernaut's fright made him weaker. However that was the only difference between him and how he is normally. It was the first time Cain was actually scared and he seemed to have been weakned.

Not to mention that when he became totally focused on acheive his goal his powers seemingly doubled.

Until its actually stated on panel or in a bio then while you can draw attention to it you cant treat such a theory in debates as canon.

Warmonger
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Until its actually stated on panel or in a bio then while you can draw attention to it you cant treat such a theory in debates as canon.

Oh I would never say that it was canon. After all Beast doens't really know the limits of Juggernaut's power. I am just saying that there is evidence to lend some form of support to the theory.

His runin with Thor on the 8th day.

His battle with D'Spyre.

Then his condition after fighting Olsaught.

blind faith
whats the difference between these two anyway???

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by blind faith
whats the difference between these two anyway???

Read the thread its all explained.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.