Does ''History repeat itself''.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kmcdude
I mean ever really thought about stuff that has happened in your life and then kind of happens again later but just with different people? blink

debbiejo
It sure does....It seems it just keeps repeating until you make a different choice or learn something from it.....I've had that happen big time....Now I'm aware of it and work with it.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
I've watched it happen to people, and tried to point it out.... yes ...Sadly they've had to learn it in their own time.

Evil Genius
Interesting thread, the rise of Nazis in Europe indicate that people have not learnt.

XANA_Mar
I'm a historyan.And I beleave it does.

debbiejo
Seems everything goes in cycles, from biological functions, seasons, universal to historical to personal lessons...hmmm cyclical.

Atlantis001
Its interesting how everything in nature goes in cycles, maybe there is a reason for this... for why things must return to a point where they begun to form a cycle I mean.

Echuu
Yes history does repeat itself; it isn't 100% exactly the same but you can see the similarities throughout history.

Shakyamunison
Yes it does!
Yes it does!
Yes it does!
Yes it does!
Am I stuck?
Am I stuck?
Am I stuck?
Am I stuck?
I think I am!
I think I am!
I think I am!
I think I am! sick

laughing

debbiejo
OK.... blink

You are.... laughing out loud

It's cyclical you know......LOL

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK.... blink

You are.... laughing out loud

It's cyclical you know......LOL

Are you sure?
Are you sure?
Are you sure?
Are you sure?

sick
laughing

debbiejo
I'm cyclical....female, you know.... eek!

ladygrim

AOR
When things repeat themselves that your sure you've done before, it is called dashavue. But it is like George Santayana says, "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

debbiejo
History repeats its self....you eat, you have to go....you sleep...you get up.....and over again... huh

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
History repeats its self....you eat, you have to go....you sleep...you get up.....and over again... huh

Didn't you say that before? laughing

debbiejo
Yeah, yesterday.... blink

lil bitchiness
Of course history repeats itself. And every time it does, the price we pay for it repeating goes up.

I agree with debbiejo - it will keep on repeating till we learn from it.

Wonderer
umm..."History teaches us that people never learn from history" - Hegel

History is both a cause of the future and an effect of it's own past.

Storm
Unfortunately it does while we should learn from history how past generations thought and acted, how they responded to the demands of their time and how they solved their problems. Learn by analogy, not by example, for our circumstances will always be different than theirs were. The main thing history can teach us is that human actions have consequences and that certain choices, once made, cannot be undone. They foreclose the possibility of making other choices and thus they determine future events.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.