Anakin: the chosen one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
I don't think anakin is the chosen one. yea sure, he killed palpatine and destroyed the sith for ONLY A FEW YEARS. then sidious came back, and back again. then there was Kuns and Markas spirts. Yea don't count as sith right. And all the holocrons of sith knowlege. From them any force adept can become a sith. Anakin is not the chosen one.

overlord
Yup, he is the chosen one.
If you read the rough draft to ROTJ for example, Sidious realises Vader was the Skywalker who would kill him just before Vader launches himself and Sidious in the lava..
It was always destiny that it would be Anakin Skywalker to destroy the sith.

jollyjim311
(Paraphrasing G-Luc from ROTS Special features)- "I think it is pretty clear that Anakin is the Chosen One."

kamikz
Anakin is the chosen one. If you watch the ROTS DVD there is a special material that is named "the chosen one" which is featuring, guess who, Anakin.

Darth Avis
but the chosen one is supposed to destroy the sith. he didn't. that means he is not the chosen one. it makes no scence since lucus said he is the chosen one right? well lucus didn't right the post-ROTJ comics, games, and books where exar and marka are. nor DE sidious was his idea. as long as he got 1,000,000 extra dollers he didn't give 2 shits if he was very wrong.

Shadow x 20
Because that is not Lucas's works. Lucas is right about Anakin being the Chosen One. How can GL be wrong about something he made up?

Darth Avis
BUT IT MAKES NO SCENES AT ALL!!! NOT ONE BIT!

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Darth Avis
BUT IT MAKES NO SCENES AT ALL!!! NOT ONE BIT!

1) Its sense

2) LIKE OMFG!!! ITS EU!!

Darth Avis
1.whoops. Thanks.
2. this is an eu forum.

Jacob Nevarah
I think saying that Anakin was the chosen one was not required, we could have been shown his potential alot more through his actions.

xyz jedi
I don't think anakin is the chosen one. yea sure, he killed palpatine and destroyed the sith for ONLY A FEW YEARS. then sidious came back, and back again. then there was Kuns and Markas spirts. Yea don't count as sith right. And all the holocrons of sith knowlege. From them any force adept can become a sith. Anakin is not the chosen one. Anakin killed Sids thus saving the universe. Sounds like choson one to me.

Darth Avis
THE PROPHECY WAS THAT SOMEONE WOULD BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE. ANAKIN DID FOR 6 YEARS. NOTHING SPECIAL. NOT EVEN 6. THERE WAS ALSO THE DARK JEDI (EMPERORS HANDS) WHO STILL MADE THE FORCE UNBALENCED!

Dark Envy
THE PROPHECY WAS THAT SOMEONE WOULD BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE. ANAKIN DID FOR 6 YEARS. NOTHING SPECIAL. NOT EVEN 6. THERE WAS ALSO THE DARK JEDI (EMPERORS HANDS) WHO STILL MADE THE FORCE UNBALENCED!

ITS EU!!!!! LUCAS SAID ANAKIN IS THE CHOSEN ONE. END OF THE DAMN STORY! LUCAS HAS NO RELATION WITH EU WHATSOEVA!

Darth Avis
What the fuc* that makes no sense.

Dark Envy
What the fuc* that makes no sense.

It does. Now likes stop bitching and whining. And let this thread die.

Darth Avis
what. how can you say lucus has nothing to do woth EU when he OWNS ALL OF SW. I can see why no one likes you.

Dark Envy
what. how can you say lucus has nothing to do woth EU when he OWNS ALL OF SW. I can see why no one likes you.

I know, does he make em -_^?

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Dark Envy
ITS EU!!!!! LUCAS SAID ANAKIN IS THE CHOSEN ONE. END OF THE DAMN STORY! LUCAS HAS NO RELATION WITH EU WHATSOEVA! then who did EU? SuperShadow? laughing out loud

Shadow x 20

That doesn't mean he knows what EU is doing. Lucas said Anakin is the chosen one who destroyed the Sith for a thousand years. Lucas made Star Wars so he has the right to say who is the Chosen One.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by xyz jedi
then who did EU? SuperShadow? laughing out loud

No, people who works for Lucas.

Ushgarak
Yup, this is very simple.

Anakin did indeed destroy the Sith, restoring Balance, making him the Chosen One.

Any EU which therefore contradicts this afterwards... is simply wrong. Or, more precisely, part of a parallel universe that is not the same one as the films.

Shadow x 20
Ush with his wisdom saves the day again. What ever Lucas says about Star Wars is true.

exanda kane
Up comes the canon/non-canon argument again to throw down all imagination...

Ganner Rhysode
Calm the Hell down, you psycho. Stop talking in all capitals - it's extremely annoying, and makes you appear even more stupid than you do now.

Anyway, the prophecy was that the chosen one would bring balance to the Force and destroy the Sith - which he did.

The prophecy never said the Sith would never ever return, or that Anakin would rid the galaxy of all evil, or that nothing bad would ever happen ever again, or any of that. It just said that, for at least some period of time, there would be no Sith, which was true.

You're trying to read way too deep into things, which isn't smart especially when you're not smart yourself, and are just nitpicking anyway.

Darth Avis
i feel so loved. that means that boss is the chosen one also. he killed the last of the sith, exar (his spirit anyway). he counts as one of the chosen ones right. he count for all the categories right? high mediclorian count and he destroyed the sith.

Ganner Rhysode
But he didn't destroy all the Sith, he didn't bring balance to the Force. Someone lived on, one of Exar's apprentices, a sith, to continue spreading the rules and teachings of the Sith.

Darth Avis
And you call me stupid. look there was a book or a comic (forgot which) where exar's spirit is awakened by Luke skywalker. Exar influences kyp and controls him ( gives him power etc) then exar's spirit is surronded and he knows he will die. vodo's spirit comes along and says "hey he is my kill" end of sith. this was post ROTJ

exanda kane
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
But he didn't destroy all the Sith, he didn't bring balance to the Force. Someone lived on, one of Exar's apprentices, a sith, to continue spreading the rules and teachings of the Sith.

Who's that? Exar apprentice.

mace=badass
Okay, two sith at a time, that being Darth Sidious and Darth Vader.
Vader comes back as Anakin, essentially killing Vader.
Anakin picks up Sidious, and throws him down the pit, and Sidious dies, no doubt about that.
Both sith are dead, that means all the sith are dead forever.
So, Anakin killed them, meaning he is the chosen one.

Also, if you don't agree with me, theres no hope for you because George Lucas himself says Anakin is the chosen one.

Darth Avis
Then sidious had a clone and came back. what do you know. a sith. then sidious dies again and is reborn and dies again and has no more clones. Then Exar Kun (a sith again) comes back and there is another sith. All anakin did was destroy the sith for 6 years, not 1000.

mace=badass
Hmm, well I don't know what to say to that.

Oh wait, George Lucas said Anakin was the chosen one.
So just stop arguing it because you won't win against George Lucas' word, so just stop.

Shadow x 20
Look Lucas SAID Anakin is the Chosen ONE. Anakin destroyed the Sith and I can't believe that YOU can't understand that. Anakin returned balance to the force.

Darth Avis
for 6 years. yes lucas said it so it has to be true but i am trying to show you people the stupitity of his words. If Anakin is the chosen one then how come he didn't destroy the sith for 1000 years like the prophecy stated?

Captain REX
FFS...

George Lucas did not write anything that came before or after his movies. He did not create the Palpatine clones. He did not create Lumiya. He did not create Exar Kun. He did not create Flint.

And the prophecy didn't state anything, seeing as there was no prophecy written out for the fans. All we know is that the Chosen One would destroy the Sith. In the movies, Anakin did just that. Vader and Sidious were the last of their kind, and they died. In EU, they completely shit all over GL's movies.

Darth Avis
Rex those last few words where more or less what i was implying. So now that someone you all trust and adore (myself included wink )has said that do you all agree with my point. that anakin, in the eu, is not the chosen one.

Captain REX
Er, that wasn't my point, really. My point was that EU just shits all over GL's word and movies. Anakin is the Chosen One regardless.

Unless you want to think that Han Solo is the Chosen One.

Darth Avis
yea that in the movies he is definitely the chosen one but in the EU he DOESN'T APPEAR to be.

Captain REX
Um, who said that? Anakin is the Chosen One regardless of whether you are watching the movies or reading the books. There's no 'Oh, look, a Palpatine clone, Vader didn't do anything!' switch. If Lucas says he's the Chosen One, he's the Chosen One in EVERYTHING.

The EU still takes shits on Georgie boy anyway, and makes not only Vader's redemption seem meaningless in that Sidious returns to take power but fails, but Luke turns to the Dark Side.

It's just stupid.

Anyways, might as well make Han Solo the Chosen One. Solo shot Palpatine. No wait, Empatajayos Brand would be the Chosen One. He took Palpatine's soul with him when he died.

No, it doesn't work like that. Anakin is the Chosen One.

Ushgarak
No, DA, we alreeady said... the EU is simply incorrect here. The EU is often at great risk of being totally overwiritten by the films- Boba Fett's origins being a case in point.

So all that stuff about the Emperor returning... that's all bull. Pretend it never happened.

Cybervader
i think its a question on the definition of "the Sith".

We all know that the Sith consists of 2, and only 2, individuals. The Master, and the Apprentice. Yes it is possible that there could be Siths out there, even after Episode VI, but i think the Sith in question here is the Sith that had the power or potential to control the Galaxy (meaning they're an imminent threat to stability and order).

Hence when Yoda said, "Destroy the Sith, we must", he was refering to Sidious and Anakin, both of whom made up the Sith. That's why he went to find sidious and sent obi-wan to kill anakin.

Vader "destroyed the Sith" by of course killing the Emperor (Master)..and during the course himself as well (Apprentice). He indeed destroyed that particular Sith order (Sidious and Vader)..and the Chosen One to do so, right from the beginning.

It was possible the Prophecy was foretold when Sidious and his master was gathering strengh, cos arguably the prequel trilogy gave the small impression that Plaguies (Sidious's master) might haf created Anakin..for he could "influence the midichlorians to create life". The Prophecy was brought about for the Chosen One would destroy this very Sith, a great threat of cos, since it destroyed the Old Republic.

If the Sith re-emerges after Episode VI, it is beyond Anakin's destiny to destroy it..for he had already fulfilled his prophecy.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, DA, we alreeady said... the EU is simply incorrect here. The EU is often at great risk of being totally overwiritten by the films- Boba Fett's origins being a case in point.

So all that stuff about the Emperor returning... that's all bull. Pretend it never happened. so are you saying it is all non canon?

overlord
so are you saying it is all non canon? He said that to reply to your argument of Anakin not being the chosen one because the EU continued the story of Star Wars by bringing back the sith.
It doesn't matter. Anakin is still the one who brought balance to the force, this is George Lucas his idea thus overruling all.

mace=badass
yea that in the movies he is definitely the chosen one but in the EU he DOESN'T APPEAR to be.

Compared to the movies, EU is bullshit, just like this thread.

Darth Avis
aww forget it.

Captain REX
It doesn't really matter on what Sith means, Cybervader, no.

*throws the Plagueis creating Anakin theory into a furnace*

Ushgarak
so are you saying it is all non canon?

Even at the absolute best, if nothing in the films contradicted it at all, it wouldn't be canon (meaning film canon), no. It would only be canonical inside the EU itserlf.

As it is, it contradicts the films, and so is therefore, like the Boba Fett background, actually void even within the EU.

Ganner Rhysode
I'm going to take Rex's point and redirect it, essentially restating my original point.

There was no written out prophecy. It never specified if Anakin would destroy the Sith forever, for a day, or just period. Anakin DID destroy the Sith, for a period of time, meaning he might have fullfillen the prophecy. How so? Because THE SITH WERE DESTROYED. Now, turn that might into a "DID." How am I certain that Anakin fulfilled the prophecy?

Because Lucas said so. So, it would appear that, if you want to take the "ALL EU IS BULLSHIT" road that all EU is bullshit and Anakin fulfilled the prophecy, or if you like the EU, you could say that Anakin fulfilled the prophecy which was to destroy the Sith, for at least some period of time.

Captain REX
Well, technically, because of how EU made it, Anakin destroyed only Darth Vader. Palpatine went on 'living' and then entered a clone and returned. So, still void.

Shadow x 20
Dude EU after ROTJ is bullshit. Just a bunch of fanboys that have to bring their fav. character back to life to make him seem stronger (Palp. and Boba for starters) and the EU made it now Lucas. Lucas had Anakin destroying the sith and Palp. died and so did Boba. Lucas had Anakin kill Palp. The Sith were destroyed and Anakin is the chosen one. Is it that hard to understand

Darth Sidian
Lucas himself said Anakin was the chosen one.

Ganner Rhysode
Except Palpatine coming back as a clone doesn't mean Palpatine wasn't dead in the first place.

There was a complete absence of Sith in the galaxy, at least for some period of time. It's not like the Palpatine clone was born the moment the original Palpatine died, right?

Besides, some EU is closer to canon than others. (IE, doesn't contradict things the movies say, etc.)

Alkaselzer
As long as there is no contradiction to the movies, EU is as canon as EU can get.

Dark Empire contradicts the movies many times. In fact, Lucas stepped in when it was noted that Palpatine told Luke that he had died several times prior to the Battle of Endor. He put in his two cents, saying that Palpatine was merely bluffing to make Luke think he was invincible, whereas the...erm, author, would it be? of the comic book had intended that Palpatine was to be taken literally.

Lucas overrules, of course.

And Palpatine was very much alive, if you think about it; he didn't have power, but his soul and life essence was still alive, and made it to Byss after traveling through space for so many years.

Ushgarak
Yup, the idea revolves around Palpatine being alive in spirit. This is direct contradiction.

The Creator
You know in the new star wars book series I have a theory. It says that the Skywalker legacy comes full circle maybe thats where the sith are destroyed. Of course Anakin would have to be resurrected.

Bespin Bart
Oh dear god, you can't be serious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.