Flash vs Runner vs Makkai in the World's Fastest Man Race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
They start on Earth run to the Moon then to the Sun and back to Earth.No power Stealing Speed against Speed Against Speed.

the Darkone
The Runner wins easily.

Ex11B
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Runner wins easily. will the fanboys accept Flashes defeat?

King KAM
Originally posted by Ex11B
will the fanboys accept Flashes defeat?
this distance is toooooo short to tell....

jrodslam
Originally posted by Ex11B
will the fanboys accept Flashes defeat?

There was a thread like this some time ago. My question is, has Runner raced anyone before?

Im not familiar with the comic, but did he get beat in the race across the galaxy? Or anywhere else for that matter?

golem370
I saw a scan where he was racing Makkai but Makkai was pulling away from the Runner.

King KAM
Originally posted by golem370
I saw a scan where he was racing Makkai but Makkai was pulling away from the Runner.
Barry allen loses this one......

but wally is another matter....

golem370
pic

golem370
pic2

golem370
pic3

jrodslam

Thanks golem, i knew i wasnt bugging out.

Makkai is slightly faster than Burried Alien(Barry), and Wally is >>>Barry so...

Juntai
Yeah and Barry had to teach Makkari how to control his speed, because he got stuck in superspeed.
Anyways, Wally is far faster than that.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah and Barry had to teach Makkari how to control his speed, because he got stuck in superspeed.
Anyways, Wally is far faster than that.

Faster than Marvel's speedforce?

Zarathustra
Question: Can Wally West run in space?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Question: Can Wally West run in space?

Yes. If given something to support his footing.

golem370
Then he can not run in Space.

The Ion
Nobody can run in space.

K Von Doom
The Runner does

Dizzle
I'm torn. It's definitely between the Runner and Wally... The Runner's definitely more powerful, but Flash does some crazy crazy speed shizit. I'm gonna say Wally, assuming he actually gets stuff that he can run on. Otherwise the Runner wins because Flash can't fly...

K Von Doom
I'd say Makkari. Even the Runner didn't want to train with Makkari's mentor because of their singlemindedness to be the fastest.

gladiator69
whose runner ?

thesilverspider
an elder of the universe marvel u that is

gladiator69
not sure if ive herd of him. whats his powers or how fast can he go ?

thesilverspider
he has vast cosmic powers and go warp speed

Mordum
From what ive seen flash seems to be faster. He did some amazing things in the past.

thesilverspider
nope runner is way faster then flash is

Mordum
what flash we talking about? The fastest version? Cause if it is then flash takes it no problem.

Space M ummy
Flash can't exceed the light speed barrier.

The runner can and has on a regular basis. Hell, so has the surfer. Both are faster than any version of the flash.

Mordum
I was reading some magazine scans from a post a while back and flash was doing some amazing things. He traveled so fast he went to another dimension where superman was a comic book character. He outran death. Traveled to the future where he met his future self and so on and so on.

roughrider
If Makkari is faster than the Runner, does that make him faster than the Silver Surfer? I thought Runner was actually faster than Norrid.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Flash can't exceed the light speed barrier.

The runner can and has on a regular basis. Hell, so has the surfer. Both are faster than any version of the flash.

He can exceed lightspeed.

Its just that when he does, he risks the chance of being drawn into the speedforce.

Mordum
yeah what he said.

long pig
The Runner would go to the finish line and back 20 times before the others took the first step. Not even bullshitting.

Wally can only win by getting to the speedforce and then timetraveling, but until that, Wally may as well be standing still.

roughrider
Originally posted by long pig
The Runner would go to the finish line and back 20 times before the others took the first step. Not even bullshitting.

Wally can only win by getting to the speedforce and then timetraveling, but until that, Wally may as well be standing still.

The scan on page 1 would seem to show otherwise; unless they were boosting Makkari more than they should have.

jrodslam
Originally posted by roughrider
The scan on page 1 would seem to show otherwise; unless they were boosting Makkari more than they should have.

I was gonna say the same thing.

the Darkone
The Runner is fast as hell, ask silver surfer.

roughrider
If the writer of that race was Tom DeFalco, that would make sense. He always pushes heroes beyond the limits of their powers.

long pig
That Quasar race was total PIS bullshit. In that race, it was stated that NO ONE can go faster than light.....which is just wrong. Surfer has went 350x lightspeed, Gladiator went 100x lightspeed.

The Quasar races deciding to state that nothing can go faster than light, because when one becomes one with speed one goes at the speed of light, is moronic, and in light of countless contradicting examples over and over again from multiple sources, should realistically be discounted.

Some things are just stupid writing, you accept that they are, and move on.

The Runner, without the space gem, which he only had briefly, runs across the universe in less than it takes to scream, runs across it so fast he zips from planet to faraway planet nigh instantaneously, he doesn't go into hyperspace, he doesn't use a warp drive.

He. Just. Runs. He just runs ridiculously fast. He's not "the warper", he's the Runner. It's like the Silver Surfer. Dude just surfs. He's not "The Silver FTL faking Warper" he's the Silver Surfer.

the Darkone
The runner can increase his warp-speed by using primodial powers.

long pig
Runner's speed is by most accounts, limitless. He probably can time travel, but I've never seen it.

Flash isn't that fast, honestly. He's below normal in cosmic terms. Neither is Mikkari or Buried Alien.

I discount the race on the terms that it's contradicted in every single Marvel cosmic comic out there.

thesilverspider
That Quasar race was total PIS bullshit. In that race, it was stated that NO ONE can go faster than light.....which is just wrong. Surfer has went 350x lightspeed, Gladiator went 100x lightspeed.

The Quasar races deciding to state that nothing can go faster than light, because when one becomes one with speed one goes at the speed of light, is moronic, and in light of countless contradicting examples over and over again from multiple sources, should realistically be discounted.

Some things are just stupid writing, you accept that they are, and move on.

The Runner, without the space gem, which he only had briefly, runs across the universe in less than it takes to scream, runs across it so fast he zips from planet to faraway planet nigh instantaneously, he doesn't go into hyperspace, he doesn't use a warp drive.

He. Just. Runs. He just runs ridiculously fast. He's not "the warper", he's the Runner. It's like the Silver Surfer. Dude just surfs. He's not "The Silver FTL faking Warper" he's the Silver Surfer.

thumb up yes

Dizzle
Surfer has time traveled and gone "outside of time" before. Runner proved to be faster, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. Can he still do the whole "bending space" thing if he needs to, or was that only when he had the gem?

How long does it take Flash to accelerate? I think Runner hits top speed pretty much instantly. Overall, Wally can probably match or exceed Runner, but he takes a while to get that high. I was thinking about the time that he beat instant teleportation, but I think that was the speed of Wally+Superman+Max Mercury+Jesse Quick+Jay Garrick...

thesilverspider
the runner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the flash
its that simple

long pig
Flash could reach Runner's speed, but it'd seem to take litterally DAYS to Runner.

Ok, if Flash and Runner start off a point A and need to reach point B a lightyear away. Runner would reach point B, turn around, go back to A and over again a few hundred times before Flash took his first step towards point B.

Written to potential, he's just that fast without the gem.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by thesilverspider
the runner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the flash
its that simple ..................... wink

The Ion
Originally posted by K Von Doom
The Runner does No, I'm saying the idea of "running" in space is lame. It's like saying I can swim in air.

long pig
He actually does.

The Ion
I know he does but it's stupid. The idea of running in space.

long pig
He warps space and time to give himself footing.

The Ion
He should be called The Transporter.

long pig
Why?

The Ion
I don't know. Let me sleep on it and I'll get back to you.

long pig
Wanna snuggle?

The Ion
.........Yes

long pig
laughing

You make me sick...droolio

golem370
Two Questions if Flash is so fast why have I never seen him fly in Earths Atmosphere?Two If Flash can run the Speed of Light why does he need a Foot hold?

Juntai
Flash could reach Runner's speed, but it'd seem to take litterally DAYS to Runner.

Ok, if Flash and Runner start off a point A and need to reach point B a lightyear away. Runner would reach point B, turn around, go back to A and over again a few hundred times before Flash took his first step towards point B.

Written to potential, he's just that fast without the gem. Can you prove that?
Wally has the speed feats.
Does runner?

Juntai
Two Questions if Flash is so fast why have I never seen him fly in Earths Atmosphere?Two If Flash can run the Speed of Light why does he need a Foot hold? Uses his speedforce aura to keep him grounded. Jessie Quick and Impulse can both fly by waving their legs and arms, leading one to believe Wally who's far faster is capable of the same, if he wished it.

golem370
Well you know the old saying seeing is believing

The Ion
Two Questions if Flash is so fast why have I never seen him fly in Earths Atmosphere?
What does that have to do with anything?

the Darkone
The Runner= speed force well written IMO, The runner is fast as hell runs at warp speed and can increase by using his primodial powers if he wanted to. The Flash is fast but not fast enough against a being that was born to run since the dawn of time, only way flash can beat the runner he has to tap into the speedforce and that's not a guarantee that he can beat the runner because we haven't seen the runner true ability, like most beings he holds back.

Juntai
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Runner= speed force well written IMO, The runner is fast as hell runs at warp speed and can increase by using his primodial powers if he wanted to. The Flash is fast but not fast enough against a being that was born to run since the dawn of time, only way flash can beat the runner he has to tap into the speedforce and that's not a guarantee that he can beat the runner because we haven't seen the runner true ability, like most beings he holds back.
Can you prove any of this at all?
Flash has the feats
Does Runner?

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
What does that have to do with anything? It really doesn't. But as I said, Jessie Quick, Jonny Quick, and Bart Allen, have/can all fly with speed. Flash/Wally is far above and beyond any of them. He -hasn't- flown around like Superman, but it doesn't mean he can't... he has however levitated and glided with super-speed. Bart and Jesse wave their arms and legs at super-speed to fly, and Johnny just used his speed-given molucular control powers to do it.

golem370
Like I said if he needs a foot hold to run in space or on Earth then he couldn't even leave Earth to get to the moon

long pig
Originally posted by Juntai
Can you prove that?
Wally has the speed feats.
Does runner?
Runner ran across the universe in less time than it took for Moondragon(?) to finish a scared yelp. He wasn't actually even trying to get there as fast as he could, he was just curious.

Flash doesn't have anything close to that.

golem370
Powers: Fastforward possessed vast superhuman speed. He was capable of faster-than-light travel propelled by his own legs. His body and mind were adapted to survive these speeds

Powers: Fooferah possesses vast superhuman speed. Traveling purely by physical locomotion, he is one of the fastest beings in the entire galaxy. His body and mind are adapted to enable him to travel at great speeds, although his top speed is undefined

DarkCrawler
Runner ran across the universe in less time than it took for Moondragon(?) to finish a scared yelp. He wasn't actually even trying to get there as fast as he could, he was just curious.

Flash doesn't have anything close to that.

I don't have a single issue with Runner on it...in which issue did this happen? smile

kgkg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I don't have a single issue with Runner on it...in which issue did this happen? smile
He doesn't have many issues

I have most of his showings tho

he is faster and stonger than the Silver Surfer

golem370
I didn't know there was other people like The Runner Makkari and Qiucksilver and Speed Demon and Whizzer in Marvel.He might be Faster then Silver Surfer but not stronger I thought he was about equal to Silver Surfer.

kgkg
I didn't know there was other people like The Runner Makkari and Qiucksilver and Speed Demon and Whizzer in Marvel.He might be Faster then Silver Surfer but not stronger I thought he was about equal to Silver Surfer.
He defeated silver surfer with extreme ease

Runner is Skyfather level

The Ion
Issue number kg? big grin

kgkg
Silver Surfer v3 3 sad if u want scans

DarkCrawler
I believe I can give scans of that fight if anyone wants it...just give me some time to get my hands on that comic.

Evil Genius
Flash when he went to Wonder World matched all of these feats

DarkCrawler
Runner VS Surfer...which may still remain as the worst asskicking Surfer has ever got:

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/1253/runnersurfer13ub.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2319/runnersurfer24uw.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/953/runnersurfer37eg.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/8158/runnersurfer43sj.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/5392/runnersurfer53gi.th.gif

The Ion
laughing Love the end of the first scan.

What other powers does he have? Ability to control emotions and super speed. Any else?

kgkg

What other powers does he have? Ability to control emotions and super speed. Any else? Anything

He uses PP can do virtually anything but he uses that power to amp his "Speed” aspect

DarkCrawler

Yeah, he's madass. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.