Depa vs. Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Creator
Mace's padawn battles the Sith Lord Tyrannus, who will prevail?

Shadow x 20
Dooku.

Darth Avis
dooku will pwn

The Creator
He could win but he wouldn't pwn.

darthsith19
^ Yes, he does. Mace vs. Dooku'd be extremely close. Mace is a few leagues above Depa.

Council#13
Dooku half wins half pawns, agreed?

jollyjim311
Well, just to play on words, if this is when Depa is still a padawan, then Dooku crushes her. Otherwise, he just beats her.

Sorgo
Oh my god. What a thread. Depa gets owned badly.

overlord
Sorgo is summoned.

The Creator
So you guys think that Depa would get pwned? Wow, I didn't know Depa was this underrated. For one thing she was a jedi master since TPM. Secondly, she was considered a Vaapad master before her fall in Shatterpoint. And third she is capable of slaughtering an entire gunship of soliders in under a minute (Around twenty to thirty people). If that doesn't make you guys think she is deadly then I don't know what will.

Se7in
Sorgo has returned. The Mooninites hail him. Why have you been gone so long Reclaimer? We have much to do.

Ballister
Yeah, Depa will lose, but not under... like 5-10 minutes.

darthsith19
Originally posted by The Creator
So you guys think that Depa would get pwned? Wow, I didn't know Depa was this underrated. For one thing she was a jedi master since TPM. Secondly, she was considered a Vaapad master before her fall in Shatterpoint. And third she is capable of slaughtering an entire gunship of soliders in under a minute (Around twenty to thirty people). If that doesn't make you guys think she is deadly then I don't know what will.
1) Probably pwnd. But she'd definately lose.
2) Nai Foli may say Depa, I'm not sure, he thinks quite heighly of Depa.
3) Jedi master since TPM. Well guess what? Dooku was a Jedi Master before she was.
3) Yeah, well, who says Vaapad's the best? Besides, lightsaber form doesn't mean everything otherwise 10 year old Zett with Vaapad could beat Yoda, who uses form 4.
4) We know she is deadly. Just not much compared to Dooku.

The Creator
Originally posted by darthsith19
1) Probably pwnd. But she'd definately lose.
2) Nai Foli may say Depa, I'm not sure, he thinks quite heighly of Depa.
3) Jedi master since TPM. Well guess what? Dooku was a Jedi Master before she was.
3) Yeah, well, who says Vaapad's the best? Besides, lightsaber form doesn't mean everything otherwise 10 year old Zett with Vaapad could beat Yoda, who uses form 4.
4) We know she is deadly. Just not much compared to Dooku.

1) She definately wouldn't be pwned.
2) What does Nai's opinion have to do with this debate?
3) Overall it is the best, it requires knowledge of Form II, Form V and mastery of Juyo. Also that logic doesn't work because you are comparing a ten year old kid to a 874 year old lightsaber veteran.
4) I doubt Dooku could slaughter a gunship with twenty to thirty soliders with ease.

darthsith19
3) Overall it is the best, it requires knowledge of Form II, Form V and mastery of Juyo. Also that logic doesn't work because you are comparing a ten year old kid to a 874 year old lightsaber veteran.
4) I doubt Dooku could slaughter a gunship with twenty to thirty soliders with ease.
1) Notice your alone on this?
2) Just saying maybe someone will vote for Depa.
3) Makashi is the best form for dueling, though. My logic does work, it says lightsaber form doesn't mean everything. What a better explanation? If Coleman Trebor used Vaapad he still wouldn't be able to defeat Yoda. Among many other non-Vaapad users.
4) And did Depa? or was it hard? We no not.
5) Are you saying Depa'd win?

Darth Faunus
No, he's saying that Depa would put up a good fight.

henniestevens
that might be true, but only if Dooku would allow it.

Sorgo

What the f*ck? Dooku would tear her TO SHREDS!

Dooku is LEAGUES above Depa! Dooku has said to have been able to stalemate with Mace and even Sidious AND Yoda. And some dipshit Female who went into comatose because she couldn't handle the dark side is gonna even contend with Dooku? YEAH RIGHT!

Dooku is the better duelist and 100% the better Force User.

Depa would fall to Dooku fast.... Very fast.

Sorgo

1) I am afraid she would pwned.

2) I don't know! stick out tongue

3) Makashi is one of the oldest Dueling forms. It was said to be used by Exar Kun... It was said to be used by Malak.... It was said to be used by Tulak Hord.... And Vapaad is like a twenty year old form.... Not even.

4) People doubt that Depa could defeat Asajj and Dooku owned and taught Asajj.

Dooku is one of the best Duelist in the damned movie series and some Jedi that has ten seconds of screen time and a few comics is gonna pwn him? NO!

The Creator
Then could you please explain to me how Mace believed her to be a better lightsaber dueler than he was? Also I never said she would win and have you read Shatterpoint?

Sorgo
Then could you please explain to me how Mace believed her to be a better lightsaber dueler than he was? Also I never said she would win and have you read Shatterpoint?

Mace was just praising her. Depa wasn't better. That is why Mace defeated her.

Se7in
What is this fascination with Vaapad being better than Makashi? That's ridiculous, Makashi is defined as "The" form for dueling which stresses percision with use of minimal effort. Vaapad deals with being unexpected and using the Dark Side for extra strength.

Borbarad
Ahhh....It's nice to have people arguing my opinion before I have even written something...

I have no doubt that Dooku will defeat Depa but he's not going to destroy her easily. She was a council level force user before TPM and we know that she's the only person except Mace Windu who ever mastered Vaapad.

She will give Dooku a very good fight but either she will fall because of Dooku's superior force abilities or Dooku will outduel her (Dooku and Mace are pretty much equal and while Depa is close to Mace when it comes to lightsaber fighting Mace is still superior)...

Sorgo
Originally posted by Se7in
What is this fascination with Vaapad being better than Makashi? That's ridiculous, Makashi is defined as "The" form for dueling which stresses percision with use of minimal effort. Vaapad deals with being unexpected and using the Dark Side for extra strength.

With this note, Vapaad is not extended to it's full ability when being used by Jedi due to the fact it requires dakr energies to be used.

OBI-Ninja
Originally posted by Sorgo
Mace was just praising her. Depa wasn't better. That is why Mace defeated her.

Read my reply to the "Mace defeated Depa" thing at DTF, in the Dooku vs. Depa thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.