Zathura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XANA_Mar
I saw the movie Zathura and I thought it was prety cool.Do you thingk it is good?

Mando
Zathura was Jumanji with a Space theme, in my opinion. But still good entertainment. The movie made me chcukle, and That's what I went to the theaters expecting. Just a few chuckles. But I got more than I expected, The twist at the end of the movie was virtually unpredictable. And it made sense as well.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum

gshkris7272
i've never seen this film... but it looks like a space remake of jimungi<i cant spell. but i wouldnt mind seeing how good it is.

Wolfie
I've already seen Jumanji. That's enough. Jumanji in space, is that really what we need?

Mando
Originally posted by Wolfie
I've already seen Jumanji. That's enough. Jumanji in space, is that really what we need?

As long as the rich people are happy.....

SnakeEyes
They used the same music that was in the Two Towers trailer to make this movie seem epic. They failed horribly; I could still tell that it was crap.

Wolfie
If I know what song you're thinking of, it's been used in many more movies than The Two Towers. Requiem for a Dream used it often throughout the movie, powerful every time.

Thoma5
Nt bad the movie...

SnakeEyes
If I know what song you're thinking of, it's been used in many more movies than The Two Towers. Requiem for a Dream used it often throughout the movie, powerful every time.

Yeah, that is what I'm referring to. But what I'm saying is that it really didn't match the movie Zathura. It was used appropriately in the Two Towers trailer to add to the feel of the film. I'm assuming it was used well in Requiem for a Dream as well, (I haven't seen it). I'm just saying that adding neat/epic music to the trailer for Zathura didn't make it seem any better to me. It actually made me want to see the movie less because I was like: "Man... how could they use such a good score for this lame trailer."

Mando

Much like "The Fantastic Four" and "King kong" used the same song....

It worked better for KK

XANA_Mar
I thingk that the part wher the sister finds out that the person she wanted to make-out with was the big brother! laughing laughing laughing laughing eek! laughing laughing

systemshock2
I recently saw it too at the Dollar Theater. It was pretty good. I was expecting a whole lot less, but left surprised at how entertaining it was. The robot chasing them around was the neatest thing in the movie, as were those lizard creatures. Tim Robbins was good as usual. Oh and is it me or is the girl in the movie going to be smoking in a few more years. I see her on the covers of lots of magazines anytime soon.

ladygrim
Originally posted by DarkWizard
Zathura was Jumanji with a Space theme, in my opinion. But still good entertainment. The movie made me chcukle, and That's what I went to the theaters expecting. Just a few chuckles. But I got more than I expected, The twist at the end of the movie was virtually unpredictable. And it made sense as well.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum

i thought that when i saw the trailer ... From the makers of jumanji and im like that is jumanji just updated roll eyes (sarcastic)

pinkfarey
I liked the move it was intertaning and the kid are pritty good @acting that i didnt expect. The guy that made it did make jumangi and that allowed it to be good but if i see another its just to much for me.. thumb up

jainasolo55
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
They used the same music that was in the Two Towers trailer to make this movie seem epic. They failed horribly; I could still tell that it was crap.

they use that song alot in trailers its from requiem for a dream...it still bothers me when its in other trailers im so use to it bein for TTT

redcaped
Oh, so it wasn't a dream...great game!

Blaxican_Jedi

It was used in War of the Worlds to.

redcaped
When I read this title Zathura I picture a vomit from an entire digested lunch on the floor...with bits of rise and other tiny things...no offense. The big Big brother eating toothpaste for years...nonsense.

Faith27
They've got the idea from Jumanji...I think Jumanji is much better than Zathura..although I love the space setting of this movie.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Faith27
They've got the idea from Jumanji.

yeah, same director.

I think it makes for a great kids movie. I even found some enjoyment, even if it only came from dax shepperd

Smasandian
Good movie.

Fun to watch, enjoyable and a pretty cool kids movie.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Faith27
They've got the idea from Jumanji...I think Jumanji is much better than Zathura..although I love the space setting of this movie.

Actually . . . the guy who wrote the childrens' book 'Jumanji', also wrote another childrens' book called, 'Zathura'. So it totally makes sense that these two movies are alike. The author's name is Chris Van Allsburg.

I liked Zathura a lot. I thought the first half was strong, came a tad bit unfringed in the second half, but was still very entertaining. My favorite line is when the older brother tells the robot . . ."Get me a juice box, biatch!" big grin

~LunaLoveG~
The Movie was okay. as much as I like dax shepard. some scenes he couldn't act for his life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.