Should a Member's Avatar and Sig match?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Should a member here have the same pic on their avatar and signature?

Ladyluck
They don't have to, but it looks cooler when they match or have some sort of relevance to each other. big grin

DarkC
Yeah. Like mine, I love the matching color instance/theme.

a1hsauce
no

Koala MeatPie
I say yes, definitly.

Otherwise its like wearring a pink shirt with brown pants.

Mišt
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Do you mean the same same picture? Like a cropped part of the sig?

Or say, a blue sig with a blue avatar to match?

Lana
If they want to....usually my avatar is part of my sig because I like when they match.

Neo_Version 7
Lana's is soooo pretty!

Lana
Thanks big grin

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by DarkC
Yeah. Like mine, I love the matching color instance/theme.
i am all for the matching of schemes and colors, but i am talking about using the same pic for both.

a1hsauce
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Lana IS soooo pretty!

yes

Rogue Jedi
is she?

Mando
Lana's always is.

I prefer to have mine be on the same subject. It doesn't necessarily have to match.

Impediment
No it doesnt have to, but, IMO, its cooler if they do match. A lot of people ask me about my three eyes smiley face avatar. Obviously they havent read one of the greatest comic books of all time, Transmetropolitan. My SIG and Avatar match. Read the trade paperbacks. You'll love it!

silent dreams
mine doesnt....i like to have two differnt things to show i like other things at the same time

kmcdude
Originally posted by Ladyluck
They don't have to, but it looks cooler when they match or have some sort of relevance to each other. big grin

Agreed

Nevermind
I like to keep my avatar and signature different, because I like to show the various things I like, etc.

Jedi Priestess
My never does. I use Mara Jade as my av all the time except the Christmas season and then its this gal. My sigs vary in theme.

a1hsauce
Hi Lady with the Hot Daughters big grin

Alpha Centauri
I tend to have a related avatar that matches at least in colour.

I see no point in having the same.

-AC

Ken Kenobi

Same color scheme, or at least sigs and avy's that don't clash...I'm all for it.

Signatures and avatars that use the same exact picture, just cropped. That's unoriginality. If I do that when I make a signature, I at least edit the avatar with maybe more pictures, or different techniques so it looks different.

Lately though, I've been bored with making avatars and have relied on my fake Red-X so it matches every signature I use. stick out tongue

Coldfire
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Same color scheme, or at least sigs and avy's that don't clash...I'm all for it.

Signatures and avatars that use the same exact picture, just cropped. That's unoriginality. If I do that when I make a signature, I at least edit the avatar with maybe more pictures, or different techniques so it looks different.

Lately though, I've been bored with making avatars and have relied on my fake Red-X so it matches every signature I use. stick out tongue
haha niiiiiice stick out tongue

Blood_Rayne
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I say yes, definitly.

Ditto^

dark_angelz
yes.

Lord Shadow Z
I like the colour schemes to be the same but not the content.

My first sig (if anyone remembers it) did match with my avatar but I wanted to do something different because I rarely play Yu-Gi-oH cards now and that was my main interest at the time of registering.

Rogue Jedi
i like my current star wars sig, but the boba fett avy kinda clashes with it.

T.V.O.T.I.
NO!!

DarkC
Yep. Fire with snow.

§P0oONY

I do... but that's just because I was too lazy to make a separate avatar.

Clovie
depends and lotsa things

generally I don't like it when it is exactly the same pic
BUT... it should match moreorless

mine doesn't big grin

Eis
The only true answer is no

Lana
I usually use part of my sig as my avatar because 1) then I know they'll match, and 2) considering the amount of time I spend working on my sigs, I'm too damn lazy to then create something new for an avatar stick out tongue

Scoobless
I'd say no.... i think when people use the same pic for both it looks a little unimaginative..... having both based on the same theme looks better.... but there's nothing wrong with having two completely unrelated pics for sig and avatar

Fianna
Generally...it just looks better yes

DaCanadianMoose
As you can see from my sig and avatar, they both show me. smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by Fianna

no2

I disagree... it looks dull

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Fianna

I'd say it looks more professional... IMO of course.

Fianna

Lana
Originally posted by Scoobless
no2

I disagree... it looks dull

I disagree, I prefer things to be more unified and matching. Simply looks neater to me.

Syren
Originally posted by Lana
I usually use part of my sig as my avatar because 1) then I know they'll match, and 2) considering the amount of time I spend working on my sigs, I'm too damn lazy to then create something new for an avatar stick out tongue

Exactly!! Thanks Lana... apparently it's unoriginal, but when you're making sigs as awesome as yours you can afford to be a little less original with your avatars, right? wink

DarkC
Just find an avatar with the same theme as your sig, I guess. I did for my newest one.

Lana
Originally posted by Syren
Exactly!! Thanks Lana... apparently it's unoriginal, but when you're making sigs as awesome as yours you can afford to be a little less original with your avatars, right? wink

stick out tongue when I spend an hour or two on a sig....I don't give a shit if using part of it for the avatar is unorginal, I just can't be bothered to do something new.

JacopeX

No

PinstripePapaya
i think they should be along the same theme but not necessarily the same thing

xyz jedi
Should a member here have the same pic on their avatar and signature? well you change yours every five seconds. But it does look better. I tried a matchin' sig but it had too much KB's in it.

Any way it's up to the user of KMC. Or KMC.

Vinny Valentine
Just Wondering on what you think, should someones Avi and Sig be related to the same thing?

( I couldn't find this in Search, so yeah if its done sorry )

KENobi™
Depends really.

Usually I say yes, but then again I haven't had a matching sig and avy for a while...but I use my Red-X to avoid that.

Vinny Valentine

KENobi™
*points to avatar*

It matches every signature I wear.

silver_tears
I like when they match nicely.

Vinny Valentine

Lord Shadow Z
I think my new sig works okay with my avvy. It was nice to get rid of the previous one.

T.M
I set mine like a year ago and I'm to lasy to change them. And they match.

mysterio69
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I say yes, definitly.

blink well, son of a b!tch! why the f*ck didn't anyone tell me! now i gotta change! F*CK!

WrathfulDwarf
No

Bun Bun
They dont gotta match. They represent you and what you like big grin

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
not at all !!!

Captain Falcon
aslong as their in resemblence with eachother, it's okay.

Spideys Sister
The more comedy the better. Matching is kinda a girly thing. (Beleve me I hate the fact that I have girly insticts.) It really doesn't matter. I guess if they like they're sig enough. I like mine! It's funny as hell!

AOR

Yes, it's the only way we can assume totalitarian control hitler

And for those of you out there who said "No"

shock Beware....

Dawson
Matching Sigs and Avi's are nice, but non-matching ones are good too.

And you need to get on MSN AOR, damn it.

Ronny
Mine.. dont really... they are relevant in the... two people in the same TV show/movie...

and... like.. a little of the same colour.

stick out tongue it just depend on the signature and avatar.. The Cropping a bit from the signature CAN look good. but alot of times... no.

DarkC
I like mine to be matching.

Inspectah Deck

Yes

Imaginary

Doesn't have to, I just like having mine match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.