-=- Why Is the Sky blue? -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
I know smile Whats your reason?

Mišt
Sun, atmosphere, light spectrum, eyes, Thats all I can be bothered saying.

Storm
Rayleigh scattering.

_Sanctuary_
The sky is blue because I wish it to be blue, as you are all figments of my imagination I have subconsciously programmed you to wonder why it is that colour smile

Raz
It's down to diffuse sky radiation

T.M
According to the ancient Greeks the sky was bronze yes

( they didn't have a word for blue so they said it was bronze smart )

PinstripePapaya
is it? are you sure?

i mean what if were all colour blind? and the people who are "colourblind" i.e. see the sky as red are actually seeing its true colour, and...and...

ohhh my head hurts!

ladygrim
there must be something rong with my eyes no expression

Inspectah Deck
The sky reflects the color of the sea

FeceMan
It matches my eyes.

big grin

River Wild
God created sky in that color!

Mišt
Every other colour makes my bum look big.

ladygrim
laughing out loud ....

Atlantis001
Rayleigh scattering... its when light passes through a media like the earth atmosphere and by refraction or maybe absorption by the molecules, or maybe both, the light is scattered diffusely(in all directions). The scattered light is blue because when the photons are absorbed by the molecules, just the "blue ones" remain... that happens because the eletronic configuration of the molecule does only allow the molecule to emitt "blue photons".

Anoushka

Bicnarok
because god made it that way

PinstripePapaya
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
The sky reflects the color of the sea

i thought the sea reflected the sky?

the sea should be clear - its water but its blue cuz it reflects the sky....

maybe

debbiejo
Why is the sky blue?.....Because Jesus said so.... wink Goes better with his eyes....

PinstripePapaya
who said his eyes were blue?

debbiejo
It was a joke......But look at the many paintings of him....he has blue eyes, and someone from the Middle East would really have brown.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.