Guys, I Need Some Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
Alright, my teachers chose me to be the stupid narrator in our school Christmas play, but I don't want to do it. I have to memorize a lot of paragraphs (around 4) and read it to the audience. However, I'm really shy. And I'm 100% positive that even if I do manage to memorize the thing, i'll get nervous and forget my lines. Any suggestions to ease my pain? sad

Clovie
memorise or read? blink

Neo_Version 7
memorize

Clovie
I think that if they chose you they must be sure you're capable of doing it
so I wouldn't worry just do it yes
I'm sure you'll have great fun happy

Neo_Version 7
You don't get it. I don't WANT to do it. I'll mess up. erm

Clovie
You just need more confidence.

Neo_Version 7
not in the span of three weeks. no

Clovie
But it's possible big grin

§P0oONY
Get some practice... (not sure how exactly)

Neo_Version 7
not with me.

should i just lie and pretend i can't memorize my lines. that way, they might ask me to read it instead.

Clovie
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
not with me.

should i just lie and pretend i can't memorize my lines. that way, they might ask me to read it instead. Lying is never a sollution.....
You can ask if you can read them, so you're sure you won't forget anything.

and it is possible with everyone.

Neo_Version 7
no, seriously, not with so many ppl watching me.

MarioX
Call in sick and screw your class over smile

Clovie
no, seriously, not with so many ppl watching me. What do you care about them? Those are mostly random unknown people, right?

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by MarioX
Call in sick and screw your class over smile

now that sounds like a plan. yes

Storm
Practice. The more you give a talk, the more automatic it becomes, and the more confidence you have in your abilities to perform. If you can' t find someone to listen, practice in front of a mirror.
Bring along a "safety net" in case something goes wrong. It reduces you anxiety about forgetting what you were going to say or having your mind go blank. You may never even use the cards, but the fact that you have them can greatly reduce the butterflies.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

DarkC
not in the span of three weeks. no
Three weeks is plenty of time.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by DarkC
Three weeks is plenty of time.

no it's not

DarkC
no it's not
Suck it up, princess!

Neo_Version 7
I have an idea!

I'll ask for cue cards or something.

† Mäs †
Alright, my teachers chose me to be the stupid narrator in our school Christmas play, but I don't want to do it. I have to memorize a lot of paragraphs (around 4) and read it to the audience. However, I'm really shy. And I'm 100% positive that even if I do manage to memorize the thing, i'll get nervous and forget my lines. Any suggestions to ease my pain? sad

Hey,

Give it your best shot. If you screw up it not the end of the world, at least you tried stick out tongue

MarioX
OOH!

I know, when you're up there, completely screw up your lines and look like a flagrant moron!

You'll surely win the crowd over with that! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.