Low Screen Resolution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A.D. Skinner
Okay...not sure if anyone here can help me, but what the hay...doesn't hurt to ask...

Over the weekend I was listening to some Christmas tunes on Windows Media Player...My computer froze and after having to turn my system off and then rebooting, I got the message : Low Screen Resolution

I went into the display settings as was going to change my screen resolution ( for everything was a little hazy ) only to find out that the only option to choose was "4 dpi"

All my programs seem to work, it is just that I cannot make my screen a bit more clearer by changing the resolution to anything higher...

Anyone have any suggestions ???

eggmayo
Graphics Card driver update?

Fire
was it a software message or a message from your monitor?

Raz
Looks like you're using standard VGA drivers.

Go to your video card manufacturers website, then download and install the latest drivers.

A.D. Skinner
Without having the internet at home, this task will be hard to achieve...

But if the drivers need to be updated....why would the start up screen for windows look fine, and then once it loads to lose resolution ?

eggmayo
It either might be a default or your screen setting on your account are screwed up.. just your account, I don't know how.

Raz
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Without having the internet at home, this task will be hard to achieve...

But if the drivers need to be updated....why would the start up screen for windows look fine, and then once it loads to lose resolution ? Go into Device Manager, and select the graphics card's properties. Then update them and see what Windows offers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.