Babies and Mentally Retarded Parents.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanieLs_4_Ever
I know two mentally handicapped couples that have had children together just previously. Do you think that they're able to take care of the children just as good as a normal person would?
Truthfully, by me, it depends on how deep their mental condition is and how well they can comprehend things. And also, do you think it's highly (or not at all) possible for the baby to turn out just like their parents, with more instabilities than other.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
I know two mentally handicapped couples that have had children together just previously. Do you think that they're able to take care of the children just as good as a normal person would?
Truthfully, by me, it depends on how deep their mental condition is and how well they can comprehend things. And also, do you think it's highly (or not at all) possible for the baby to turn out just like their parents, with more instabilities than other.

We don't know these handicapped couples, you do. Are they capable of taking care of the kids?

As for handicapped couples in general...I would say it depends on the handicap. People with profound mental handicaps are likely not going to make the best parents in the world. But, if we're talking Forrest Gump slow, then there's no problem with it.

GCG
This thread reminds me of 'I am Sam'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.