please, stop....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

saltyjesus
in my opinion, he should just stop making movies. the village was just terrible, when i go see a movie i dont need to spend 2 hours setting up what a hollywood writers critique on our society is.

his movies always show up well in trailers because of the strange individual events that occur, but as a whole finished piece they're really unsatisfying.

Mando
Pronouns are useless without a subject to refer to them. stick out tongue

Since you mentioned "The village" I suppose you are speaking of M. Night Shyamalan. But if you dislike him, Just avoid his movies. There a many fans of his who would be completely bummed if he stopped. Myself being one of them. Here's a question for you. Have you ever seen ''Unbreakable"? If you have and you still dislike this director, than I can see where you are coming from. You just don't enjoy his 'movie twists' as much as myself and some others do.

That's your opinion and I respect it, although it is different from my own.

Wolfie
Yeah, this was a little weird way to begin the topic.

I liked The Sixth Sense, Signs bored me at the beginning, and I never caught The Village due to lack of interest. His work seems to be respected by the majority so I wouldn't say his career should be finished just yet.

MildPossession
I thought Signs and The Village were wonderful. I liked them more than Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

Mando
Personally, I love them all. I'm looking forward to "Lady in the Water" very much.

It's on my anticipation list, behind QT's "Inglorious Bastards".

Solo
Originally posted by Mando
Personally, I love them all. I'm looking forward to "Lady in the Water" very much.

It's on my anticipation list, behind QT's "Inglorious Bastards".

Who know's. "Inglorious Bastards" probably won't even be out until, what, 2010.

Shyamalan is very talented, I think "Lady in the Water" is going to be very well done.

Myth
Especially since it has Paul Giamatti.

I have liked all of his movies to some degree, but I really liked Signs and Unbreakable (especially Unbreakable that is). Sixth Sense was boring but had the greatest twist ever in my opinion. The Village was just mediocre straight across. I liked it but didn't love it or hate it.

Mando
Originally posted by Myth
Especially since it has Paul Giamatti.

I have liked all of his movies to some degree, but I really liked Signs and Unbreakable (especially Unbreakable that is). Sixth Sense was boring but had the greatest twist ever in my opinion. The Village was just mediocre straight across. I liked it but didn't love it or hate it.

The Village was sub par Compared to his other films.

Lord Shadow Z
I've only seen Unbreakable and I loved it. I couldn't really watch Sixth Sense because the plot twist really wasn't kept a secret for long. Signs and The Village just didn't interest me so I kept away from them.

Council#13
Originally posted by saltyjesus
in my opinion, he should just stop making movies. the village was just terrible, when i go see a movie i dont need to spend 2 hours setting up what a hollywood writers critique on our society is.

his movies always show up well in trailers because of the strange individual events that occur, but as a whole finished piece they're really unsatisfying.

whos he talking bout now?

Mando
Originally posted by Council#13
whos he talking bout now?

M Night. Shyamalan

Director & Writer for: Signs, Unbreakbale, The Sixth sense, The Village, and Lady in the water.

bksdrums
I feel that he is a very talented director. Sixth Sense was very entertaining as was Unbreakable. Signs was ok, but The Village was horrible. I think he should still direct movies just not write them. Another thing that kind of bother me about his movies is that once you've seen them, the twist doesn't have any effect anymore. And i don't think his movies without the twist is entertaining enough to watch more than a couple of times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.