There seems to be two ways to win an argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
1. Give a solid convincing argument supported my facts.
2. Insult and bash your opponent at every turn until he/she gives up in disgust.

What do you think about this?

soleran30
I think your wrong, the reason is that even though you are entitled to your opinion I could care less about it..........

Now I need you to pay close attention to what I am saying because you are just not understanding what I am saying........do you understand where I am coming from now...........that's fair right...

lol absolutely I agree Shaky yes bunny

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by soleran30
I think your wrong, the reason is that even though you are entitled to your opinion I could care less about it..........

Now I need you to pay close attention to what I am saying because you are just not understanding what I am saying........do you understand where I am coming from now...........that's fair right...

lol absolutely I agree Shaky yes bunny

laughing
Good job: got me going there for just a moment. That is my point and you did a great job in illustrating it. Thanks. thumbup

JacopeX
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
2. Insult and bash your opponent at every turn until he/she gives up in disgust.

WRONG!!!! number two i mean

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JacopeX

Well, I'm wrong? eek!

I learned this here on this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I agree it is wrong, but why do people do it again and again? (not every one just a few)

soleran30
Well, I'm wrong? eek!

I learned this here on this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I agree it is wrong, but why do people do it again and again?

Its simple really, my opinion is a higher quality than yours........

Or the classic........"man that was stupid, sorry no offense to you"

The sooner you learn your role the happier you will be in my world evil face

WindDancer
Arguments shouldn't be about who's winning and who is losing. Is about have a discussion and learning other people opinions.

KharmaDog
You forgot about the 3rd option. Keep spewing the same rhetoric until everyone is bored and ignores the thread, then claim victory.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WindDancer
Arguments shouldn't be about who's winning and who is losing. Is about have a discussion and learning other people opinions.

So, the winning and loosing thing is what is behind this pore behavior. That is a really good analysis. What do you recommend if someone finds himself or herself on the battered end of this experience?

whobdamandog
Originally posted by KharmaDog
You forgot about the 3rd option. Keep spewing the same rhetoric until everyone is bored and ignores the thread, then claim victory.

Gosh..I feel like I've just entered a battered women's shelter/support group...laughing laughing

Shaky..you need to send a private message to Ush, PVS, Captain Fantastic, Lana, Tpt, and Adam Poe. Maybe you can also ask a Mod to rename this thread to..

"The official KMC members who got their arguments owned in threads support group..."

laughing laughing

Ah well..carry on gentlemen..its always good to mix misery with company. laughing out loud

FeceMan

I'd be interested in knowing at whom this is directed.Originally posted by WindDancer
Heh. I swear, he's the only one on KMC with a semblance of sense.

whobdamandog
Example scenario of Support Group meeting

Support Groupee Number 1: I just got insulted by some dude in another thread..claimed that I didn't know how to spell "collage."

Support Groupee Number 2: And what did he do after he made fun of the mispelling..

Support Groupee Number 1: He posted..He posted...

Support Groupee Number 3: Go on..show us..don't be afraid...

Support Groupee Number 1: this...laughing laughing

All Group Members: GAhhhhh!!! KEEP IT AWAY..IT BURNS!!!!!!!

Fin...

laughing out loud

KharmaDog
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Gosh..I feel like I've just entered a battered women's shelter/support group...laughing laughing

Shaky..you need to send a private message to Ush, PVS, Captain Fantastic, Lana, Tpt, and Adam Poe. Maybe you can also ask a Mod to rename this thread to..

"The official KMC members who got their points owned in threads by whob support group..."

laughing laughing

Ah well..carry on gentlemen..its always good to mix misery with company. laughing out loud

Are you an attention whore? Or do you actually think that you are not only the supreme master of all debates on KMC, but that we will all be amused by your tiresome jests merely because you have signalled them as funny by posting laughing smilies?

Claiming that you have "owned" someone does not make it so, as has been shown many times when members here have embarrassed you as you claimed to have "owned" them.

As for being owned, this point has been covered ad nauseum. Your claims of "owning" someone usually is proceeded by that person proving you to be wrong or pointing out a flaw in your argument or a deception that you have tried to sneak under the radar to prove your point. This is usually followed by you resorting to childish name calling.

FeceMan
Example scenario of Support Group meeting

Support Groupee Number 1: I just got insulted by some dude in another thread..claimed that I didn't know how to spell "collage."

Support Groupee Number 2: And what did he do after he made fun of the mispelling..

Support Groupee Number 1: He posted..He posted...

Support Groupee Number 3: Go on..show us..don't be afraid...

Support Groupee Number 1: this...laughing laughing

All Group Members: GAhhhhh!!! KEEP IT AWAY..IT BURNS!!!!!!!

Fin...

laughing out loud
Oh, hush, you worthless troll. I think Shakyamunison has a point, but I'd be interested in hearing her elaborate on it.

mentalguy
Originally posted by JacopeX

hes right. your just ignorant

BackFire

Yes, very true. Anyone who resorts to insults, bashing, sarcasm, disrespect, rudeness or hostility to try and "win" an argument is doing it for the wrong reasons.

Ironically, by doing these things you're more or less admitting that your argument isn't worth hearing and that you don't really know how to argue in a sound manner.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by FeceMan
Oh, hush, you worthless troll. I think Shakyamunison has a point, but I'd be interested in hearing her elaborate on it.

Well..a man who takes pride in naming himself after human defication..is calling me worthless..laughing

Call me crazy..but by calling me a name..haven't you just given an example of the typical type of "attitude" that causes what you deem to be "trolling?"

Can you say hypocritical boys and girls? yes

Perhaps if people don't want to be offended..they should stop trying to offend others..

Or in other words Fece/Shaky/Backfire/everyone else..Do unto others..as you would have them do unto you.

Simple "Christian" philosophy to understand. And also a simple Human one.

If you don't understand this basic life philosophy..then don't go crying about your feelings being hurt..after you've acted in a way that could be deemed as "insulting" to someone else.

GCG

You cannot say 'Discuss' without pronouncing 'diss' and 'cuss' stick out tongue

FeceMan
Well..a man who takes pride in naming himself after human defication..is calling me worthless..laughing

Call me crazy..but by calling me a name..haven't you just given an example of the typical type of "attitude" that causes what you deem to be "trolling?"

Perhaps if people don't want to be offended..they should stop trying to offend others..

Or in other words Fece..Do unto others..as you would have then do unto you.

Simple "Christian" philosophy to understand.
Surely my name is indicative of...something!

There's a difference between unprovoked name-calling and calling you a troll...which you are being. You are making fun of some of the posters--an obvious troll attempt--and thus should be called on it. Which I have done.

The philosophy of "do unto others" does not mean to tolerate all things, your posting being in that category.

Capt_Fantastic

"The official KMC members who got their arguments owned in threads support group..."

laughing laughing

It's kind of hard to "own" someone, or their argument...when you never respond to my posts. You haven't responded to any of my posts since I called you out on lying and making things up to support your own arguments in the intelligent design thread.

Once again, you saying you win...means about as much as the lies you post.

whobdamandog
Surely my name is indicative of...something!

Well in this thread, the first part of your name is indictive of your argument...

You called me a name, while pointing out that Shaky had a point about people who argue with people by calling them names..

And that doesn't sound a bit hypocritical to to you? confused

Well perhaps you should focus less on "tolerance" ..and more on introspection..look at yourself..you've just insulted me twice..within this thread alone..and you've stated that this is the very thing you don't like in threads.

Wise man once said..we always fight against the things we ourselves represent.

GCG
Wise man once said..we always fight agains the things we ourselves represent.

I never heard of that saying. Who said that?

whobdamandog
Originally posted by GCG
I never heard of that saying. Who said that?

Joe said it...

GCG
Joe Public says a lot of things.

But that saying means that we fight for improvement and question ourselves and asess things to better our position.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
It's kind of hard to "own" someone, or their argument...when you never respond to my posts. You haven't responded to any of my posts since I called you out on lying and making things up to support your own arguments in the intelligent design thread.

Once again, you saying you win...means about as much as the lies you post.

Your post above is why I rarely respond to you anymore Captain..your arguments have gotten fairly dry..

All you post in every thread in response to a post I make now is...

YOU LIE..YOU'RE A LIAR..YOUR POST IS SH*T..

At least Ush and Lana and even Picador come up with a fairly descent arguments from time to time. Add more substance to your arguments..and I'll respond. Simple as that.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by GCG
Joe Public says a lot of things.

But that saying means that we fight for improvement and question ourselves and asess things to better our position.

See Captain..now this is a good post..and for Shaky/others reading this thread..this is a good example of a non-put downish argument.
(non-putdownish meaning..it doesn't look like he's attempting to attack character/namecall/etc)

Have you noticed that up to this point..I haven't made any comments against GCG...

Introspection guys and gals..I guarantee you if you don't want to be "insulted"...then the wise thing to do...is to not insult others.

KharmaDog
Your post above is why I rarely respond to you anymore Captain..your arguments have gotten fairly dry..

At least Ush and Lana and even Picador come up with a fairly descent arguments from time to time. Add more substance to your arguments..and I'll respond. Simple as that.

Funny, you called me Picador again, reverting back to an old argument (in which you acted like a child also) purely to troll for a response.

You are lame.

I look forward to your inevitable banning.

Snoopbert

What do you think about this? Don't forget the ever popular "Bases covered, you basher you! I win already! You're blatantly an idiot" which covers both of those and is used by certain members here with large ego's.

Oops, that's all of them. *Slaps self with own ego*

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Don't forget the ever popular "Bases covered, you basher you! I win already! You're blatantly an idiot" which covers both of those and is used by certain members here with large ego's.

Oops, that's all of them. *Slaps self with own ego*

laughing laughing

Now why can't more people make light of themselves like this guy.

Well done..

Some people seem to think that they're above reproach in these forums. I shudder to think about how they deal with criticism in the real world..particularly since they get a flustered from text and smilies on a computer screen...laughing out loud

whobdamandog
Funny, you called me Picador again, reverting back to an old argument (in which you acted like a child also) purely to troll for a response.

You are lame.

I look forward to your inevitable banning.

Wow..so much angst. Actually I typically don't attempt to "troll" as you put..generally I just respond in kind to those who attempt to "degrade" others.

You know its interesting Kharmadog..you of all people are probably one of the largest contributors to what many deem to be a "trolling epidemic." From time to time you'll post a good argument or two..but generally you resort to sarcastic one liners..or ridicule those with views different than your own. Judge yourself..before you begin to judge others. Life is made up of more than just our personal feelings my friend.

FeceMan
Well in this thread, the first part of your name is indictive of your argument...

You called me a name, while pointing out that Shaky had a point about people who argue with people by calling them names..

And that doesn't sound a bit hypocritical to to you? confused

Well perhaps you should focus less on "tolerance" ..and more on introspection..look at yourself..you've just insulted me twice..within this thread alone..and you've stated that this is the very thing you don't like in threads.

Wise man once said..we always fight against the things we ourselves represent.
There's a difference between name-calling to name-call and pointing out that you are being a troll. I could say that you are 'stupid' or an 'idiot' but that would be name-calling just to be a dink.

Capt_Fantastic

No, you respond to them because they waste their time by addressing you posting lies and half-truths from websites that present your opinion as fact. Faith-based websites will always approach every bit of evidence for evolution as biased points that the scientific community has made up or lied about. Lies are not substance. That's a fact.

On the other side of that argument, scientific websites do approach people who believe in creationism as ignorant. I understand that can be insulting, but even you have to admit that being told that hard facts are just a bunch of bullshit that you made up, is frustrating.

But, it's less that you post lies, and more that you seem to think that your word and opinion are absolute. Sure, believe in your opinion and stand by your convictions, but do it in a credible way...and I will always respect your position and opinion.

Capt_Fantastic
See Captain..now this is a good post..and for Shaky/others reading this thread..this is a good example of a non-put downish argument.
(non-putdownish meaning..it doesn't look like he's attempting to attack character/namecall/etc)

Have you noticed that up to this point..I haven't made any comments against GCG...

Introspection guys and gals..I guarantee you if you don't want to be "insulted"...then the wise thing to do...is to not insult others.

Like I said, your opinion is one thing. But me calling you a liar isn't a "put-down", it was a fact.

Shakyamunison
Is everyone having fun?

KharmaDog
You know its interesting Kharmadog..you of all people are probably one of the largest contributors to what many deem to be a "trolling epidemic." From time to time you'll post a good argument or two..but generally you resort to sarcastic one liners..or ridicule those with views different than your own. Judge yourself..before you begin to judge others. Life is made up of more than just our personal feelings my friend.

One liners or sarcastic comments are not trolling, and generally my comments are on topic. You however seem to thrive on attention or being at the centre of some arguement or dispute. So much so that you have to cause them or dredge up old arguements.

I have not (to my recollection) ever been accused of trolling, except by you just now. You, on the other hand, have been recognized as a troll for some time now, by many members.

Now is the time to say something lame, post a smiley face, claim that you owned someone and tell us all that we are participating in a group thinking mentality.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
No, you respond to them because they waste their time by addressing you posting lies and half-truths from websites that present your opinion as fact. Faith-based websites will always approach every bit of evidence for evolution as biased points that the scientific community has made up or lied about. Lies are not substance. That's a fact.

On the other side of that argument, scientific websites do approach people who believe in creationism as ignorant. I understand that can be insulting, but even you have to admit that being told that hard facts are just a bunch of bullshit that you made up, is frustrating.

But, it's less that you post lies, and more that you seem to think that your word and opinion are absolute. Sure, believe in your opinion and stand by your convictions, but do it in a credible way...and I will always respect your position and opinion.

Yet another example why you get less and less responses from me. You attack credibility..because 99.99 percent of the time..you've been proven wrong about some sort of point.

Again..post where I've lied. You have yet to do this..because you can't find an example of where this is the case. You/others just subjectively cut and paste things that I've said..and then point the finger..because alas, you have generally run out of "valid" arguments that can be used to retort what I've posted.

Case in point..provide the goods Captain..or stop throwing out baseless allegations about "lying" "half truths" "etc". As well as using profanity, callng people names..etc.

Its fairly apparent..at least to those who have any bit of intelligence..that the only thing you are attempting to do is damage credibility..not actually attempting to refute the initial arguments presented in the thread.

You're a flickering fire that's just about out Captain, and I feel no need to respond to you anymore. Perhaps you should look for other means to keep the fire going..right now..with each "let me attack his credability" argument ..you are coming very close to extinguishing your own dying flame.

Fin.

whobdamandog
There's a difference between name-calling to name-call and pointing out that you are being a troll. I could say that you are 'stupid' or an 'idiot' but that would be name-calling just to be a dink.

Semantics..but you have the right to believe what you wish.

One thing I might advise you of..seeing how you are a "Christian" and all..using the "Lord's" name in vain is a sin..something you might want to think about..if you truly deem yourself a follower of Christ.

whobdamandog
One liners or sarcastic comments are not trolling, and generally my comments are on topic. You however seem to thrive on attention or being at the centre of some arguement or dispute. So much so that you have to cause them or dredge up old arguements.

I have not (to my recollection) ever been accused of trolling, except by you just now. You, on the other hand, have been recognized as a troll for some time now, by many members.

Now is the time to say something lame, post a smiley face, claim that you owned someone and tell us all that we are participating in a group thinking mentality.

No accusation does not = Not guilty.

Do you honestly believe you don't needlessly insult others in the forum?
Heck..I believe I've even seen you insult Shaky recently in a thread.

Introspection Kharma...learn it. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. Go through some of the threads you post in. Look at them optimistically. Regardless of the "relevance" to the topic or how many people haven't called out your "sarcastic" posts..it doesn't make your remarks any less offensive.

Personally as I've stated before..yours/others comments don't really bother me..and I don't take offense to any posts on the forum..I generally find most of them quite funny from time to time.

Moving on..the way I see it..you have two options Kharma..either stop posting offensive stuff to others..or learn to take the comments/jokes others use against you "lightly". Pick your poison..either way..don't expect to receive "postive results" from "negative" actions.

Capt_Fantastic
Yet another example why you get less and less responses from me. You attack credibility..because 99.99 percent of the time..you've been proven wrong about some sort of point.

Again..post where I've lied. You have yet to do this..because you can't find an example of where this is the case. You/others just subjectively cut and paste things that I've said..and then point the finger..because alas, you have generally run out of "valid" arguments that can be used to retort what I've posted.

Case in point..provide the goods Captain..or stop throwing out baseless allegations about "lying" "half truths" "etc". As well as using profanity, callng people names..etc.

Its fairly apparent..at least to those who have any bit of intelligence..that the only thing you are attempting to do is damage credibility..not actually attempting to refute the initial arguments presented in the thread.

You're a flickering fire that's just about out Captain, and I feel no need to respond to you anymore. Perhaps you should look for other means to keep the fire going..right now..with each "let me attack his credability" argument ..you are coming very close to extinguishing your own dying flame.

Fin.

The feeling of not responding is mutual. There's a reason I just call you out and leave. You're not worth arguing with...and that's what Ush and Lana don't realize.

There's no fire. That's just more of you pretending that you make the rules for everyone.

Post an argument that is worth addressing, and I'll do just that. But, even when people, myself included, refute your arguments you say you've "owned" us and that's all you say.

This whole argument, and about 99.99 percent of your posts since the intelligent design thread have been based on that single thread.

I'm fine with you not responding to me....it's apparent to everyone that you ignore being called liar, because you can't prove you aren't. And it isn't even you whose lying...it you supporting lies and furthering them that detracts from your credibility.

Re-read a few of these threads, you're simply wrong. You're pissed because people, myself being the first to do it, have called you out on posting lies. Even in the intelligent design thread, you wanted to present creationism as scientific fact....and it's simply not. Again, if you want ID in a science class, then fight to change the definition of science...not evolution.

crazylozer
My friend loves arguing (I won't say his name; he'll kick my ass), but he claims he's never lost an argument. How? According to him, there's no 'winning' an argument. The only possible way would be to convince the other that your opinion is right, but even then, you yourself may be incorrect, and since there is no overlord of knowledge to confirm what you've said, arguments are left only in advantage-disadvantage situations.

Incidentally, 'in my opinion', whobdamandog has not won an argument yet, and prefers to declare other points of view null and void. I find that to be an ineffective way to argue.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by crazylozer
My friend loves arguing (I won't say his name; he'll kick my ass), but he claims he's never lost an argument. How? According to him, there's no 'winning' an argument. The only possible way would be to convince the other that your opinion is right, but even then, you yourself may be incorrect, and since there is no overlord of knowledge to confirm what you've said, arguments are left only in advantage-disadvantage situations.

Incidentally, 'in my opinion', whobdamandog has not won an argument yet, and prefers to declare other points of view null and void. I find that to be an ineffective way to argue.

Perhaps you should listen more to your friend.

Needless to say..your opinion is but one of many..and doesn't necessarily reflect everyone else's.

Even if it did..majority opinion still does not make an argument valid . And I believe the validity of one's argument, not popularity of it..reflects on who the actual "victor" of a debate is.

For example..

If everyone tells you that by jumping off a 1000 ft cliff they will live, and you disagree and stay on the cliff. When all is said and done..and all the cliffjumpers are dead with you still alive..who would you proclaim the victor?

Logic dictates to me..that "truth" generally proves "victorious" over "popularity." But then again..that''s just my opinion.

whobdamandog
All right my friends its been real. Remember.... "INTROSPECTION" is the key to receiving the type of treatment you expect from others.

Shakyamunison
All right my friends its been real. Remember.... "INTROSPECTION" is the key to receiving the type of treatment you expect from others.

Whobdamandog you never argue. Arguing requires two people and you are so alone. Most of the people here are just pissed at you.

BackFire

Case in point..provide the goods Captain..or stop throwing out baseless allegations about "lying" "half truths" "etc".

The following is not necessary a "lie" because you probably weren't aware of the falsehood of your statement, it may be more of a "half truth". Anyways, this was posted November 21st in the "Evolution vs Intelligent Design" thread by Whobdamandog --

You claimed this was "informative" in response to someone asking about information to back up your beliefs regarding the topic. What you didn't say was that this site was factually and blatantly biased and thus invalid as evidence/proof of anything and is pure belief based on preexisting religious notions by the people running that website. You presented this as if it was sound, or in some way relevant or scientific educational information, when in fact, it was not.

Again, whether or not this is a lie depends on if you were purposely presenting false information as sound information in an attempt to deceive those who may read it and not know any better. If this was the case, it was indeed a lie, if not, then it was a half truth because while the site does provide some "information", it is biased information and highly disputable since the source is flawed, which you didn't mention because it would "hurt" your plausibility.

Btw, here's the evidence of the site being bias -

The following is quoted from the "ABOUT US" section of that website.

"Our Mission

Our mission is to lead people to Jesus and help them grow in their relationship with Him. We strive to deliver compelling evidence for the Christian faith to seekers, believers, and a skeptical world. We seek to be non-threatening, practical and informative, using the technology of the Internet to answer tough questions about God, Jesus Christ, the Bible and Christianity."

This is obviously a website with a genuine bias and a specific cause and agenda that would lead them to only support creationism and any/all beliefs that fit into their preexisting beliefs. Not a valid, sound, credible or reasonable source by any means.

This is a prime example of the Religious movement, with alterior motives, trying to push religious propaganda into the realm of science based on lies, deceptions and distorted ideas to help defend their actions.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think it's fun to argue, but better to make love. Who's up for some cheek-rubbing with me?

I enjoy 'debating' with the members who - when the argument starts to get a little frisky - proclaim that they have 'won'; It helps me to realise how phucking sweet I am.

Another point of interest are the people who try to get the last word in, then say "If anyone wants to respond to this, do it by PM..."! Oh, that's great stuff...

Another delicious omelette is seved by the kitchen-helper who attempts to play with fire, gets scolded, then runs off and tells a mod. Aww, come on, little one...

Finally, I love all the young dudes who proclaim that they're not interested in following shepards at the same time as they spew forth dogged doctrine. Gotta love that one...

Jedi Priestess
Gee, read the initial post about 5 minutes after it was posted and the first thought that went through my head was "flame war in the making". So glad you guys never disappoint. laughing out loud

Eis
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Gee, read the initial post about 5 minutes after it was posted and the first thought that went through my head was "flame war in the making". So glad you guys never disappoint. laughing out loud
That they never do... stick out tongue
btw, I agree there's no winninig in an argument, winning would be making your 'opponent' change his/her mind on the subject you are arguing about, and in KMC that never happens.

Wonderer
There is only one reason arguments arise: selfish, egotistical obsession with one's own precious opinion, and the inability to understand the other person.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Wonderer
There is only one reason arguments arise: selfish, egotistical obsession with one's own precious opinion, and the inability to understand the other person.

Many good ideas are founded on argument (in the non pejorative sense).

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Another point of interest are the people who try to get the last word in, then say "If anyone wants to respond to this, do it by PM..."! Oh, that's great stuff...

I personally have done this only when it gets personal or near ruining a thread. I don't see how it's trying to get the last word though. Especially seeing as it's inviting someone to continue their debate. Should the person choose to give someone the last word and not reply, it's nobody elses fault is it?

If anything that technique (if you can call it such) just helps show who really does debate for the sake of attention. Because there is no attention in PMs.

-AC

FeceMan
Semantics..but you have the right to believe what you wish.

One thing I might advise you of..seeing how you are a "Christian" and all..using the "Lord's" name in vain is a sin..something you might want to think about..if you truly deem yourself a follower of Christ.
Hardly semantics, and don't lecture me on how to be a Christian. (That's another troll attempt right there.)
One liners or sarcastic comments are not trolling
I disagree with this; it all depends on the context and what one says. I've seen a number of one-liners meant to deliberately provoke others on KMC...and in real life.

Personally, I love verbally sparring with "certain members" of KMC. I find it to be good entertainment (though I'm sure "certain members", who are usually more, shall we say, vindictive, do not) and it sharpens the wits. What I don't like is when people display arrogance and, for lack of a better term, pompous assery. And then they start insulting.
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Eh, this is pretty tame.

Shakyamunison
Thank you all.

debbiejo
What?.you think this is gonna end..... blink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
What?.you think this is gonna end..... blink

No, I was thinking them for giving up and letting me win. laughing

Deano
leave it at thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

T.V.O.T.I.
no expression

KharmaDog
Do you honestly believe you don't needlessly insult others in the forum?
Heck..I believe I've even seen you insult Shaky recently in a thread.

I don't believe I said that I don't insult others. But generally when I do, it is after they have made a comment that is particularly offensive, ignorant or juvenile (in my opinon).

I did say that I do not troll, as that seems to be your area of expertise.

Moving on..the way I see it..you have two options Kharma..either stop posting offensive stuff to others..or learn to take the comments/jokes others use against you "lightly". Pick your poison..either way..don't expect to receive "postive results" from "negative" actions.

I can give and I can take. I have debated with many on this forum, and during that time insults have been thrown about and offense has been taken by both sides. It's all part of the forum experience I guess. I have had disagreements with Capt, PVS, Shaky, Philo, Alpha, Bardock and many others. I've also been involved in a few flame wars, however, I have yet to be banned or seriously warned by a mod. And I have yet to be pm'd (except by AC, and that's his thing) by a member who has taken personal offense to me.

You however seem intent on inciting conflict to receive attention and then declare false victories for some sort of self affirmation. It seems that it is for these reasons (among others) that many members of KMC don't only not respect your opinons, but also hold little respect for how you conduct yourself.

I disagree with this; it all depends on the context and what one says. I've seen a number of one-liners meant to deliberately provoke others on KMC...and in real life.

I stand corrected and must agree with you. Perhaps I should have said something along the lines of, "my use of one liners or sarcastic comments are not written with the intent of trolling" .

whobdamandog
More of the same..wink

PVS
the meltdown continues. you know whob, im usually on xbox live at this time having a blast. but you have my interest SO CAPTURED that i'm still at this damn forum. its like watching a trainwreck in slow motion

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by PVS
the meltdown continues. you know whob, im usually on xbox live at this time having a blast. but you have my interest SO CAPTURED that i'm still at this damn forum. its like watching a trainwreck in slow motion

He's either insane or ahead of his time.

Lana
I should be taking notes on this....

PVS
Originally posted by Lana
I should be taking notes on this....

the golden goose of opportunity just dropped an egg in your lap. you BETTER be taking notes

KharmaDog
WHOBDATROLL?

Mindship

Third way...
...Ignore the facts; reason from self-serving premises being pushed as facts (one of those premises being, "I'm already right"wink; subtlely change the point to be made when cornered; and profess honorable innocence.

teh smart guy
Originally posted by Mindship
Third way...
...Ignore the facts; reason from self-serving premises being pushed as facts (one of those premises being, "I'm already right"wink; keep changing the point to be made when cornered; and profess honorable innocence.

thumb up

fourth way:

put everyone in teh forum on ignore. If you can't see them, then you've one teh argument.

Mindship
Originally posted by teh smart guy
thumb up

fourth way:

put everyone in teh forum on ignore. If you can't see them, then you've one teh argument.

laughing out loud

PVS
thumb up

fourth way:

fifth way:

create a sock account to argue against you in a very stupid manner.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Third way...
...Ignore the facts; reason from self-serving premises being pushed as facts (one of those premises being, "I'm already right"wink; subtlely change the point to be made when cornered; and profess honorable innocence.

I think that would be a sub to # 2. Like 2.5.

thumb up

fourth way:

Now that would count as 3.

Originally posted by PVS
fifth way:

create a sock account to argue against you in a very stupid manner.

And that would be a sub of 3. Like 3.5.

laughing

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
Originally posted by Soleran
the reason is that even though you are entitled to your opinion I could care less about it.........

if u could care less y dont u???

the phrase is: i couldn't care less, when sarcastically insulting someone you should do it so that it makes sense.....

KharmaDog
Is that Whob again?

Bardock42
Is that Whob again?

I say no.....what about a bet?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Bardock42
I say no.....what about a bet?

No, I'm not that sure. I'd have to waite to see if he made an *ss out of himself with every post.

botankus
The guy doesn't post at the same times as whob. If he's the same guy, he's redirected his career/life/sleeping schedule for the sake of KMC.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
The guy doesn't post at the same times as whob. If he's the same guy, he's redirected his career/life/sleeping schedule for the sake of KMC.

That makes it more likely that it is actually him.

botankus
That would be sad.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
That would be sad.

What exactly didn't you understand? We are talking about whob.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Look at the 'unintentional' typo in his title: 'i know more thank i think'...That's whobdamandog, fo' sho'.

Bardock42
Look at the 'unintentional' typo in his title: 'i know more thank i think'...That's whobdamandog, fo' sho'.

I think he meant "I know more (than you) - Thanks, I think".....why I think he meant that? Who knows....not me....the man who sold the world.

jaden101
all this bickering back and forth...its great...i love it

but really there is only one way to win an argument...and thats to be me

laughing

PVS
i doubt thats whob.
he did create another sock account though.
he just hasnt posted under it yet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i doubt thats whob.
he did create another sock account though.
he just hasnt posted under it yet.

Or maybe one hundred......

PVS
Or maybe one hundred......

probably and sadly true...but i only know of one

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think he meant "I know more (than you) - Thanks, I think".....why I think he meant that? Who knows....not me....the man who sold the world.

I guess what you're s-s-saying is that whob ch-ch-changes, and he's just gonna have to be a different man, you know, time may change him, but he can't trace time.

Something like that?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
probably and sadly true...but i only know of one

Cool, and how do you know about that? And what is it?

I guess what you're s-s-saying is that whob ch-ch-changes, and he's just gonna have to be a different man, you know, time may change him, but he can't trace time.

Something like that?

Hmm...no....basically not.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Hmm...no....basically not.

Oh, eh...OK. Yep. Ooo, look! Is that guy over there whob? Righty-ho, I'll go and have a look...

PVS
Cool, and how do you know about that? And what is it?

shifty now is not the time

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's Bardock, isn't it? He tricked us all along! The clues were always there...'Germany'...'Male'...The Smiths...Oh, what an intricate web he wove!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.