New Horror Movies For 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayy
What horror movies are coming out in 2006. Not the ones that MIGHT be made, but the ones that are 100% going to be made or are in production now. I'll start:

Final Destination III

LizzyT123
um, maybe FvJ 2?

Wolfie
Underworld: Evolution
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Hostel
The Hills Have Eyes remake
Saw III?

jayy
Pulse

Penny Dreadful

Hostel

Night Skies

deathbycorn
Young Hannibal?

deathbycorn
Another new horror from Australia - Voodoo Lagoon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478321/

deathbycorn
But here is THE list of THE horror movies due for 2006.

http://us.imdb.com/List?year=2006&&tv=on&&genres=Horror&&nav=/Sections/Years/2006/include-commongenres&&heading=8;Horror;2006

Enjoy big grin

deathbycorn
Omen 666 (remake of The Omen)
said to be being released on 06-06-06 hahaha!

BackFire
The Woods

Wolfie
Ah yes, I plan on seeing The Woods as well. Is it going to be a theatrical release or DTV?

BackFire
I dunno. Hopefully theatrical.

jayy
The website for The Woods has set a late 2005 released date. Hopefully they can get it out before 2006.

Here's a couple more:

Voodoo Moon

The Grudge II

"12/04/05
DC got word from writer Steven Susco about the status of the film, which he states that he's off to Japan and casting is underway for a possible January 30th filming date. " from upcominghorrormovies.com

It's set for a possible October 20, 2006 release date.

wink

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by deathbycorn
But here is THE list of THE horror movies due for 2006.

http://us.imdb.com/List?year=2006&&tv=on&&genres=Horror&&nav=/Sections/Years/2006/include-commongenres&&heading=8;Horror;2006

Enjoy big grin

Scary! That list just oozes the substantial lack of inspiration and creativity in movieland now a days.... sad
Remakes of The Fly (why try?), Piranha, Night of the living dead, Wickerman, Creature form the Black Lagoon...

But wait kids, there is more! Sequels to Underworld, Resident Evil, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jurassic Park, Saw, Halloween...

Some of the other titles and descriptions have potential, and I hope we will be treated some original and innovating horrors from new corners anyway, cause Hollywood has definitely lost it's feeble mind for sure now.

MildPossession
The Woods, and Hills Have Eyes remake are two I am looking forwards to a lot.

Wolfie
A Creepshow remake?! WTF?!

Hollow Man 2? Did anyone even like the first one?

Oh yeah, My Name is Bruce sounds hokey and fun.

LizzyT123
Hollowman II? I think they should have just stopped with the first.

jayy
Originally posted by Wolfie
A Creepshow remake?! WTF?!

Hollow Man 2? Did anyone even like the first one?

Oh yeah, My Name is Bruce sounds hokey and fun.

I didn't really care for Hollowman either. I rather enjoyed both the Creepshow movies. It's not a remake of Creepshow, it's Creepshow III.

With some new stories. In part 1, I loved the story called "The Crate."

In Part 2, it was all about "The Hitchhiker" and "The Raft."

wink

Mando
The Fly REMAKE

Guys, I just can't take it anymore. I just can't...

*Grabs .45*

Who's coming with me?.....Wolfie?.....Backfire?

LizzyT123
pshsh! If I was gonna go on a killin spree just because of a bad movie, I'd already be dead.

Mando
Originally posted by LizzyT123
pshsh! If I was gonna go on a killin spree just because of a bad movie, I'd already be dead.

It's not just 1, It's the numerous amount of remakes in these next two years...

BackFire
I'm over it, I have already accepted that every horror film I like is going to be remade at some point in the near future because people can't come up with their own ideas.

Mando
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm over it, I have already accepted that every horror film I like is going to be remade at some point in the near future because people can't come up with their own ideas.

Have no fear, mate.

Solo and I Have decided, to go to the same Filmschool. We are both inspiring script writers, and hope to do the world of Cinema Justice. And let the Filmmakers know, that There are alternatives to remakes.

BackFire
Nice. I'm also a wannabe script writer, working on my first full length script right now.

You really don't need to go to film school to learn how to write a good script. I only took one class and know enough to write a sound screenplay.

Mando
Nice. I'm also a wannabe script writer, working on my first full length script right now.

You really don't need to go to film school to learn how to write a good script. I only took one class and know enough to write a sound screenplay.

I'm also looking into directing, that's what the filmschool is for. wink

BackFire
Oh okay. Sounds like a plan.

LizzyT123
Well, yeah, and the numerous sequels, absoluetly nothing original really.

Mando
Oh okay. Sounds like a plan.

The plan of my Life.

Wolfie
Originally posted by jayy
I didn't really care for Hollowman either. I rather enjoyed both the Creepshow movies. It's not a remake of Creepshow, it's Creepshow III.

With some new stories. In part 1, I loved the story called "The Crate."

In Part 2, it was all about "The Hitchhiker" and "The Raft."

wink
Both a remake of the first and a third installment are listed.

deathbycorn
There was some new movie on UHM or something and it was about a serial killer who picks up hitchhikers, and another serial killer who kills people who pick him up. Then one night they happen to meet! It looked like a cool movie but I can't remember the name... anyone know the one I'm think of?

jayy
There was some new movie on UHM or something and it was about a serial killer who picks up hitchhikers, and another serial killer who kills people who pick him up. Then one night they happen to meet! It looked like a cool movie but I can't remember the name... anyone know the one I'm think of?

Penny Dreadful

cool

Pandemoniac

That's a pretty cool concept! Just might work out.

Mando

thumb up

Villain Vs. Villain. Maybe it will work out better than the past few.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by jayy

Penny Dreadful
No thats not it.
What I wrote is what it says in the plot.

Wolfie
That does sound really cool.

LizzyT123
Yeah, serial killer vs serial killer...hopefully nothing like FvJ.

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Yeah, serial killer vs serial killer...hopefully nothing like FvJ.

Please nooo. F vs J was HORRIBLE.

cool

papabeard
There is a book by James Elmore that has a similar story to the meeting of the serial killers I cant remember the name right now, but it was about a guy who killed people and eventually he creates this suit like a super hero and he puts stuff on his face to change the shape and make it scarier and he wears this to kill people, and in time he meets up with this other guy who his also a serial killer.it was pretty good.

It would make a good film.

LizzyT123
Do you know the book name?

papabeard
I think its called Silent Terror / Killer on the Road its by JAMES ELLROY and is worth reading.

LizzyT123
sweet, I'll keep that in mind

Gregory
So ... the Evil Dead remake is official, then?

On the upside, Silent Hill.

(and Room 6 looks interesting; I don't see why everyone's being so negative)

bigdan_561
Freddy vs Jason vs Ash
The Grudge

bigdan_561
Wat up my horror peeps out there

bigdan_561
yeah the remake of silent hill is goin 2 be good greg good thinkin

LizzyT123
Originally posted by bigdan_561
yeah the remake of silent hill is goin 2 be good greg good thinkin

A new remake for silent hill? is that as in Horror movie, or a videogame?

Wolfie
Silent Hill is a video game as far as I know....

Gregory
Silent Hill is a video game series that is going to be turned into a movie. That usually doesn't end well, but they have a real director this time, so I'm hopeful.

LizzyT123
I've never played Silent Hill...I've always sticked with playing Resident Evil smile

But, if its pg 13, I'll probably see it anyways, or get my dad or brother to buy me tickets big grin Do you know when it comes out? cause my brother turns 21 in February.

Wolfie
If your brother is that close to 21, in my experience, the theater will be pretty lenient.

Gregory
April 21. I'd feel better about the whole thing if the writer wasn't some sort of insane closet-case who changed the main character to a woman because "I want to make a movie with no men and have sexy women throughout. Women everywhere," but it still looks promising.

LizzyT123
hmm...I've seen some of the pictures of the creatures in silent hill, and they are pretty scarry and sooky looking!

redcaped
Michael Myers Begins.

p_s_luvit1989
Omen 666 (remake of The Omen)
said to be being released on 06-06-06 hahaha!

Dam, that's my mom's birthday (LOL)

jayy
The Grudge II

Underworld II

TCM: The Beginning

The Eye (American version)

Saw III

Hatchet

wink

MikeMyersFan
Maybe Halloween 9, or American Werewolf in London 2. (It's a very. very, old movie, but a very, very, good and scary one, too. They might be finding special effects?) evil face eek! evil face eek! evil face eek!

MikeMyersFan
"When A Stranger Calls Is Coming Febuary 18t, 2006"

LizzyT123
Originally posted by MikeMyersFan
Maybe Halloween 9, or American Werewolf in London 2. (It's a very. very, old movie, but a very, very, good and scary one, too. They might be finding special effects?) evil face eek! evil face eek! evil face eek!

Do you know that any of those movies are expected to come out this year, or are you guessing?

Wasn't An American Werewolf in Paris or whatever kind of a sequel to An American Werewolf in London?

Soth
Underworld: Evolution Underworld is NOT horror

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Soth
Underworld is NOT horror

Why do you say that, a personal feeling on the movie, or what? It might not be scary, but I'd still classify it as horror, but what is horror nowadays? All the good stuff has gone, Underworld is one of the best new ones to me.

Soth
I agree that Underworld can be scary at times I just don't consider it horror. I personally this that the movie is a sci/fi action/adventure using characters usually relegated to horror. Just because a movie contains vampires and werewolves doesn't make it horror, as far as I'm concerned.

Soth
horror adj: calculated to inspire feelings of dread or extreme fear: bloodcurdling

to me, that doesn't describe Underworld

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Soth
I agree that Underworld can be scary at times I just don't consider it horror. I personally this that the movie is a sci/fi action/adventure using characters usually relegated to horror. Just because a movie contains vampires and werewolves doesn't make it horror, as far as I'm concerned.

I totally understand your point. I dunno, maybe on this forum people are considering it a horror movie, I could check the movie listings since its almost coming out, and see what my movie place categorizes it.

PS, the White Stripes are sooo cool!

Wolfie
I agree. Underworld may be classified as horror due to the vampires and werewolves but it really is more of an action movie. Either way, I found it an amazing movie and I can't wait for the sequel.

LizzyT123
yeah, I really liked it. I can't wait to see Micheal, and what they are gonna do about him.

Wolfie
He's apparently going to have a couple different hybrid forms. I'm intrigued by the new one, more wolfish.

LizzyT123
a wolfish appearance? is it just in this new movie that he starts to look like a vampire or wolf?

Wolfie
This is the form he took in the original, more vampirish, I'd say.

This is another form he will take in the new one, more wolfish.

SnakeEyes
Underworld never really impressed me all that much. I may watch it again and give it a second try, but I just didn't see why everyone liked it so much. The second one looks kind of lame (judging by the trailer). Do they resurrect a Dracula-esque creature? Because if they do, then I definitely won't like it; that idea's been done to death.

ChickinMeat
ooooh. an alice movie is being made, i wonder if it will be anything like the videogame?

Wolfie
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Underworld never really impressed me all that much. I may watch it again and give it a second try, but I just didn't see why everyone liked it so much. The second one looks kind of lame (judging by the trailer). Do they resurrect a Dracula-esque creature? Because if they do, then I definitely won't like it; that idea's been done to death.
At the end of the first one, we see Marcus wake up after Singe's blood falls into his mouth. So the Dracula-esque creature you're referring to is some elder hybrid.

LizzyT123
This is the form he took in the original, more vampirish, I'd say.

This is another form he will take in the new one, more wolfish.

aww, the link led me to a Forbidden website. Oh well, I'll just wait for the movie. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.