The Official Fruit Basket thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_c
This is one of my fave animes. does anyone else like it?

Kitoky
OH yeah Fruits Basket, cute anime....I like Shagure..or is that how you spell it?

Trinity_Matrix
Furuba is so cute yes I love it.

I think it's Shigure, Kitoky.

Kitoky
Ah okie Shigure....that sounds about right, thanks. smile

misao39
aqyame is so funny laughing big grin laughing

crazy_c
yeh hes hilarious especially when hes around hatori cos hes the complete opposite to him rolling on floor laughing

dragonpisces272
I haven't seen it yet. Whats it all about?

fungrl515
it's about a girl who goes to live with these three guys. she finds out that when they are hugged by a member of the opposite gender, they transform into zodiac animals.

my all time favorite anime. really. it's so cute!!!! tohru's a ditz, but it's great. hana's my fav character. i was actually her for halloween. i'm totally in love with shigure and yuki. but, i'm really obsessive. i've gotten all of the people in the anime club at school to like it too!!! yeah! fun.

last episode- major crying factor.

and, i do think akito's pretty good-looking, even though he's a total jerk.

dragonpisces272
laughing what a cool plot...I'll try to look for the DVD in the store smile

crazy_c
i hope they make another season of it cos the maga's still going in japan and i want more!!! I think they're gonna translate the manga into english too. me cant wait. yes

dragonpisces272
they should make an anime channel there. We have animax here...since all the people complained of not getting enough anime on TV; its always limited

fungrl515
well, i live in a small town, so i can'r get the anime network, sadly. but, i love fruits basket. someone borrowed the third dvd from me and never returned it. they actually broke it!!! ah!!! so, i gotta go buy another. but, in the dvds, didn't they say they were thinking of making another season for anime? i hate the tohru/kyo pairing, so i hope she ends up with yuki.

the first fruits basket translated volume is in stores now!!! my friend just bought it. i'm buying it this weekend.

crazy_c
I watched a fansubbed version. do ya think they'll ever show it on tv? i hope she gets together with yuki too.

FBfan777
I love Frutis Basket DVDs, but are they making more in English? If so do you know when they are coming out ?

FBfan777
I really like Fruits Basket, but does anyone know if they are having any more episodes in English? If so do you know when they are coming out in the U.S.?

crazy_c
well they've made 26 episodes so far and the manga is still going so there's hope that they'll make more!

FBfan777
big grin

The Force
what is fruits basket? what's it about?

TrAnCeDuO
you do know theres already a thread for this right?

FBfan777
I didn't know that there was...

TrAnCeDuO
well now ya know! stick out tongue

dragonpisces272
haha I thought this was the original fruits basket thread Happy Dance

TrAnCeDuO
nope!

crazy_c
i think they already have all the epiodes in english on dvd bunny bunny

crazy_rock_chic
cool i love fruits basket.i really hope they make another series

crazy_c
as do i yes

dragonpisces272
hmm...I think I should request our network Anime Channel to provide the episodes, or maybe a petition... big grin

Kitoky
Fruuuuuuuuuuits Basket! Waii Waii!

crazy_c
lol

dragonpisces272
yes laughing

crazy_c
Yeh. Wait you have an anime channel? miffed

fungrl515
anime network and something else. though, you gotta live in a pretty big city. unfortunately, i'm on theother side of the state, so i don't get it. sad

fungrl515
major yuki obsession. oh my gosh. i've been known to rant about how cute mice/rats are because of him. but, my friend and i have decided we're cloning him so we can both have him, though i get the original.

crazy_c
rolling on floor laughing you so crazy

fungrl515
lol. no, my friend said she'd lock haru in the closet, but take him out for fun. O.O ew!

http://fruitloopsgallery2.tripod.com/furuba/hatsuharu_01.jpg

i mean, i understand, but let him get some air!

cute shigure

http://fruitloopsgallery2.tripod.com/furuba/shigure_03.jpg

crazy_c
lol thats a tad....jo jo

laughing

Arrghhh!!!! wagh!!!! I have to wait another few days until i get my fb manga cos amazon.co.uk ran outta stock mad crybaby

fungrl515
translated or original? we only have the first volume of the translated one here.

LegolasLover411
I love sailor moon, and from your siggy, you might too!

crazy_c
Yes i do love sailor moon happy

Translated volume 1. I have to get it off the internet cos they don't sell it anywhere over here.And I can't read japanese....yet! muwahahaha.... confused sorry embarrasment

lil bitchiness
Merginig....

dragonpisces272
crazy_c>yeah ive got an anime channel here. Its brand new, from the 1st January of the year. They got goos stuff in there thumb up why dont you request an anime channel there?

crazy_c
Meh theres not enough anime fans in ireland (at least i dont think there is blink ) Where are you from?

crazy_c
Hee hee typical Shigure

Salleyzerojaz
I personally thing the docter is hot in fruits basket I love fruits basket I really hope they do come out with another season or I'll be sad.

crazy_c
yeh hatori's hot too. Then again i think they all are cool

Salleyzerojaz
hah yeah they all are pretty hot.

Salleyzerojaz
Hmm I havn't read any of the books yet,but I heard they were really good I need to get into them so I can find out what happens.

dragonpisces272
sadly I dont get attracted to anime characters blink

crazy_c
give it time stick out tongue

Salleyzerojaz
I heard they were not going to come out with any more fruits basket,but continue with the book so thats how you will find out what happends.

crazy_c
yup im collecting the manga

Salleyzerojaz
i want it =/

Salleyzerojaz
how many do you have so far I know they have 11 out

FBfan777
That is crap I like the show, I don't get into the manga at all I just like the Show...is there any chance of more shows?

Salleyzerojaz
I think they would make more shows if a bunch of people e-mailed them and told them to. I mean alot.

FBfan777
What is the e-mail?

Salleyzerojaz
well on the 4th disc it said something about a 5th or 6th disc comming out somewhere....i'll have to go look at it I could be wrong

§€phì®ø‡h
I'm sad...the third Fruits Basket comes out in June! I have to wait 2 months! Gah..

BlackHatDefect
OK i HATE Yuuki...but i love Furuba with a passion!Kyou is sexy.Iv read the manga online and i hate what Yuuki does with him therefor he shall die....

Kitoky
Yuuki's not all that bad....

Kyou and Yuuki fight alot but I don't see why Kyou's better then Yuuki..

crazy_c
I like Yuki better than Kyo yes

dragonpisces272
i know someone who hates kyo big grin

crazy_c
who? bunny

dragonpisces272
starts with j....lol big grin

crazy_c
moo okieies wacko

lol yuki in all his glory

Smiling_Sadly
hey i just saw a web site for this! what a cawinkadink!(sp) so how do u get this show??? cuz im really curiouse about it! its sounds like a great show!

crazy_c
You can get it on dvd or just download it off the net.

BlackHatDefect
YUUKI STILL MUST DIE*kicks Yuuki*damn you suck!

crazy_c
heyyyy!!!!!!!! schmoll

Kitoky
http://www.csusm.edu/anime/galleries/F-G/FruitsBasket/sm/hatsuharu.jpg

http://www.csusm.edu/anime/galleries/F-G/FruitsBasket/sm/shigure.jpg

crazy_c
eek!

Furubafan
I just stumbled upon this series and love it. I have never watched anime before, but this show is great. I am now reading the manga and am enjoying it as well. Like most of you I am a little dissappointed that there isn't a second season. However, if you are interested there is a petition online, trying to get a second season done.

Kitoky
I don't think I saw Fruits Baskets at Borders...

I'd have to look again.

Smiling_Sadly
yea this series sounds pretty darn cool!

crazy_c
You seriously have to watch it cos it's so so la la! yes (I seem to have limited vocab at the moment.

Smiling_Sadly
that is cool, so i can download it from the internet or buy the dvd?

crazy_c
yup yes well download it with a filesharing programme if you don't mind the illegalness

Smiling_Sadly
well sure i dont mind it! j/k i go BY THE LAW! j/k about that to! (well sorta!)lol so how much for the dvd? can u rent it at blockbuster or do u have some sort of store that u can by it from?(like walmart?)

Furubafan
Actually, I bought mine at target and they were only 19.99 a piece. You should check it out and see if they are selling all 4 DVD's. The last time I went they only had disc 3 and disc 4. But you might get lucky and find all 4.

Smiling_Sadly
really, well next time i go to target i will definatly try to remember to look for it! but i cant buy it in front of any body cuz then they will think i am weirf, im sure my mom and my sisters already think i am weird cuz i draw and watch inuyasha! lol

Furubafan
You shouldn't care so much if anyone thinks you're weird. If you like something you like it. I am sure that you're family has done some weird stuff before.

fungrl515
Woah, you must seriously be blind. Yuki is one of the hottest guys on this show!

Kitoky
Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion - maybe she doesn't think he's hott. Let her be to her paradise of beating up yuuki.

crazy_c
i agree yes

BlackHatDefect
er..no..i just hate his personallity.He CRAVES people pitting him,and then when he KNOWS out *** is going to be locked up...does he give a crap???NOOOOO!!agg..hes ok looking in the manga but in the anime he is horendous looking.....Iv read to like manga 13 or so...and I just really hate everything about Yuuki from that point...i don't like guys if their hot or not,i care about personallity..and Yuukis a grade A jerkoff

mary jane
i loved this series it was really cute

fungrl515
i respect your opinion, but i love yuki. besides, kyo is just as bad.

Kitoky
I think your opinion would be more respected if you actually y'know improve some of your grammer work, and maybe some typing work too..

BlackHatDefect
--__--yes,i am a bad speller,sue me.It dosen't change the main idea of my point now does it?

FBfan777
So where is this petititon?

.hack//love
My friends like this show........ I haven't really watched it yet. embarrasment

crazy_c
watch it!! yes

WhiteFox87
FRUITS BASKET IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe, wanted to say that! big grin

Well, my fav character is Yuki and I totally agree with fungrl515, he's one of the hottest guys on the show!!! love I also like Hatori and Momiji!

It's my fav anime, besides Yu-Yu Hakusho, of course.

crazy_c
Momiji is sooo adorable! Even more so in the manga cos he goes around speaking in German and has his face stuffed full of sweets all the time! stick out tongue

WhiteFox87
Yeah!

He's sooooo cute! yes

What's even kewler is, he's my Zodiac sign, The Rabbit! bunny

crazy_c
coolies. Mine is the snake. But i don't know if i'll ever be as eccentric as aya.

WhiteFox87
Sooooo kewl! big grin

Cat Girl Sheryu
*nods*

animeelf
omigod. i just got the first dvd (and am dying to get the others) and i couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire dvd!! my friend's reading the manga, but the anime. man o man. it is a great anime. weeee

fungrl515
I'm collecting both, even though i already own the dvds. oh my gosh! I can only wish I was like Aya, as I'm also a snake. We share somethings, but totally different in other ways, as I'm so not a guy. He's so cool though. And, I can't help but love him, as he has the amazing hair, the cute face, and he's Yuki's brother. How can you not love him?!

crazy_c
Yah he's so eccentric and hyper and funny! I love him!! eek!

BlackHatDefect
what are we talking about here?

animenina

fungrl515
In order of favorite Sohmas, it goes:
Yuki
Shigure
Ayame
Haru
Momiji (I got my friend to memorize his songs! It's so funny!)
Kagura
Hatori
Ritsu
Kisa
Kazuma
Akito
Kyou
Kureno
Rin
Hiro

BlackHatDefect
Kyou
Akito
Shigure
Haru
Rin
Hitori
Kazuma
Kagura
Ayame
Kisa
Kureno
Momiji
Hiro
AND YUUKI MUST DIE!!!!!

animeelf
kyo is a hottie and i don't care if he is an anime character. my friend likes yuki...he's just a lil too weird for me. lol.
i wanna see the last episodes!! but i'm still on the first dvd miffed: arg. but hopefully today i'll get the next dvd!! big grin

crazy_c
You should!! Tis good indeed.

I don't really mind Yuki. i don't seee what's so bad about him.

animeelf
aren't there lovers within the zodiac family? so wouldn't that be like incest? me and my friend were asking each other this when watching the episode when Kagura comes for a visit... episode 4 i think, and she wants to marry kyo. Aren't they family?!? ahhhh *runs into wall, wondering*

Happy Dance <--i can't get over this dude
peanutbutterjelly-with-a-baseball-bat
peanut butter jelly time!!

BlackHatDefect
Yuuki is a self pitting bastard.Annd even though Kyou/some others suffer worse than him hes convinced hes the one in pain.In the anime/manga,he claimes hes jelous of Kyou when he knows SPOILER****Kyou is going to be locked up like Kazuma,Kyou's mom killed herself because of him,Kyou's dad calls him an "it",and he has the bad curse.Yuuki was just trying to get pitty from Tooru...i mean,its discusting!

As for incest,They arn't really related,more like related with the curse.I mean,theres one than 1 family if Smiths,Browns,ect.

Rin/Haru
Kagura likes Kyou..but she ends up accepting he loves Tooru
Kisa/Hiro
those are the couples

animeelf
oooooooooooooh okey dokes! i can explain to my friend now!
yay, kyo and tohru deserve each other! lol yes

crazy_c
well it's not incest for cousins to get married n stuff but i would find it a bit weird going out with my cousin

animeelf
i totally agree

FBfan777
Are you KIDDING ME?! Kyo should NOT be with Tohru, Yuki should be with her. They just fit better.He is a great character, Kyo is my favorite character and all but he shouldn't be with Tohru! And i REALLY want them to make more discs, WAAH! they have to!!!

kirishima
Fruits Basket is My FAVOURITE ANIME EVA!!!!! ....same with Rurouni Kenshin

WindDancer
Fruits Basket threads are increasing so I making this thread an Official thread. Enjoy!

-WD

smile

BlackHatDefect
FB fan,they are thinking of releasing a secon season...MAYBE.Otherwise read the manga.

As for shipps,you all know how i feal about Yuuki,he dosen't deserve any happiness.Id eat George Bush's G String before Yuuki/Tooru get together(pluse in later vloumes it seems almost certin it will be Kyou/Tooru)

nail_bunny
fruits basket is awesome, my favorite is Yuki. I love his rattyness. hes soooo cute! Kyo is awesome to. I love how Kyo and Yuki get into fights, that is so funny.

BlackHatDefect
I don't know how far you are but if you readit in Japanese you'll know that its got a good 99%chance of being KyouXTooru.Yuuki is with some other chick.

OHHHH THERE SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT I GATTA TELL YALL!

ITS A HUGE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11BEWARE

Akito is a female

either that or he changes into a female when hugged

nobodys sure yet.Ill release the info when the nexed Hana To Yumi comes out!

Ai_Yoshida
Does anyone read the manga i've read vol. 1-14 still waiting 4 vol. 15

BlackHatDefect
Well if you look above.......

Yeh I do too.I am wating for the next Hana To Yume release.

tehOTAKU777
Sooo baddd!!!!!!!!! you guys musk like anal rape!

Emma718
Fruits Basket is one of the best anime's ever..just watched the whole series at my friends house and i loved it. So CUTE and Funny, Kyo and Yuki are soo hot. Darn..i forgot what's the name of the oldest guy at the house, i think Yuki's older brother??

Also this is the link to the petition to get a season 2!
Fruits Basket season 2 Petition

big grin Emma718

BlackHatDefect
I wouldnt ever sign it.The anime was terrible!

It took out LOTS of important details and scenes from the manga,not to mention key characters!

Kill the anime,read the manga!

Emma718
But if they had a second season, they can go more into detail and stuff like that big grin

BlackHatDefect
SPOILER
No they couldn't,because things like the baceball cap boy,Akito's sexuallity,or Shigures plot would be completly erraticated from the story.They all started to early.

Emma718
oooo..i still like it..it's funny and cute

FBfan777
ooh i love that anime, im not usually into Anime and i don't like Manga im just really into this, so i really hope they make another season!

Emma718
if u do, please sign the petition i posted

BlackHatDefect
Im sorry,but the anime disgraced the manga.....
anyway,how far have ya'll gotten?

fungrl515
Once I ebgan to read the manga, I felt the same way. But I'm just starting my collection, and I'm only on Volume 5.

BlackHatDefect
Ohh really?I just bought 15 at Anime Reactor today!

Emma718
i think nearly 5000

crazy_c
blink

Eh my friend just got volume 4 for me.

I noticed so far that some of the stuff in the manga didn't happen in the anime... How would they include that, really, if they made a second season?

BlackHatDefect
They COULDN'T..thats the thing..

Emma718
Why couldn't they??

BlackHatDefect
Everything they left out of VLS1-6 wouldn't be able to catch up
EX SPOILER
Akitos sex,Shigures plan,Kyous OTHER PAST,as well as Yuukis,the color of Kyou's braclet,The hat boy,and many other things

KyoKyo
As for the anime goes, I enjoy it alot but do prefer the manga. I finally received vol. 15 in the mail today but my friend who can read Japanese won't be to visit with me for awhile. I know Akito is apparently a girl, but I'm not sure how it all works out. Did they even make any more eps. other than 1-26? I'm not thinking they did. Who would want to watch them in English anywho? (referring to above comments). Furthermore, I don't know if this is speculation or rumour or true but has Shigure been having sex with Akito for years? Does anyone know where I can find manga translations online without going through IRC?

BlackHatDefect
LOL!No...after Furuba was lisenced,its nearly impossible to get scanlations OR tralnslations.The only reason I can read it is because my friend Megumi doesher own translations for me.If you want,ill translate any manga I have for yopu once shes done with it.

As for the anime,it was a manga SPINOFF.As in not much was very real about it.It ended at manga 6 I believe,and will not continue.

FBfan777
will not continue...:-(

BlackHatDefect
Thats why you read the manga~~better,and still alive.

Orange Top Kyo
Kyo rules, with the aditude, the determination, And I think that Kyo and Tohru will end up together....somehow.

BlackHatDefect
SPOILERS
They will. The manga is almost over, and Kyou is pretty much obsessivly chasing her,. Yuki and Machi are going to get together, and all is happy..

saliorsaturn101
i love fruba it i think its true the lisens the they teach you in fruba its alot of funny and its seroys dont you think i love it its sad it made me cry what momages mom did to him and i love it all

sai12
Yeah, I loved this anime! So cute and so...emotional. Or maybe I am just a big puss. I mean there were places in that anime that I had to hold back tears! But that is one of the things I love about good anime. If it makes me feel for the characters and such. Another good one for doing that to me was Samurai X OVA's. I should go back and watch Fruits Basket again and see if I get the same response! Tee hee.

sai12
Originally posted by BlackHatDefect
Thats why you read the manga~~better,and still alive.

*cries* But but....manga costs soo much more than anime! If it ended at vol 6, then they should be able to create a second season. But even if they don't...I guess I'll live. The library here in town has started getting them....(the manga) I mean. That's how I found out about Fruits Basket, I read the first manga. Good stuff there...

Flame Alchemist
...K... Ill go and search for a site where I can download the Anime.... Maybe ill get lucky...Maybe notstick out tongue

Flame Alchemist
I got lucky... Found 5 eps for download, how many are there in all?

sai12
There are twenty-six episodes! Isn't that great?

And just what is with anime and the number 26? So many end at 26....

crazy_c
The average anime has 26 eppys, that's jus the way it beee.

Flame Alchemist
...Damn! Anybody know where to download the other 20?

Anyways, I dont think Kyo will end up with Tohru, most probably Yuki will end up with Tohru... BUt hey, I didn't see the rest of the episodes, only 4... So people who saw everything, who does Tohru end up wiht?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>