Please No

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
please tell me that this guy is not the juggernaut in x men 3. the guy next to magneto.

nathan summers
Apparently so. But then are you REALLY surprised? The X-Men movies haven't exactly been the greatest QUALITY films.

Arahan
Juggy looks ehm hmmm uhm I cant find the words.

Family_guy725
omg thats him this is truly one of their saddest accomplishments yet i mean spiderman had excuses but all X-men characters couldve been made like the comics his helmet is a rip off from magnetos

atila the great
maybe it's meant to look like magneto's to also block xavier's mind control

The Ones
or maybe magneto made it from the same material as his

Arahan
WTF you re talking about his helmet is the product of the transformation into the juggernaut. He didnt make it.

Blood_Rayne
Originally posted by Arahan
WTF you re talking about his helmet is the product of the transformation into the juggernaut. He didnt make it.

Yeah not just the helmet but the rest of his costume as well.

bartleby
You all know Juggs is a mutant in the film, Cos the Gem would just be too stupid to explain in a film

Arahan
Yes the whole costume and helmet.

WTF second....Juggy a mutant?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Family_guy725
omg thats him this is truly one of their saddest accomplishments yet i mean spiderman had excuses but all X-men characters couldve been made like the comics his helmet is a rip off from magnetos

Could you imagine what the movies would look like if they used big huge muscle bound guys? That would be terrible. I must say though, they could have padded him up some more and the helmet should have been more like the comics, going from shoulder to shoulder.

TwisterGameX
Stop whining. How would they find a guy 7,1 with muscles that huge...and a big ass helmet unless you want everything to be computer.......well complain about the green goblins costume in spidey 1.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Stop whining. How would they find a guy 7,1 with muscles that huge...and a big ass helmet unless you want everything to be computer.......well complain about the green goblins costume in spidey 1.

Agreed. They are doing what they can do with live actors. Except the helmet, they could have done that. stick out tongue

cain marko
Originally posted by Arahan

wtf u on about???? his helmet was created to stop xavier enterin his mind or trakin him cos he is his half brother he also created a scull cap incase his helmet was destroyed during battle. it wasnt part of his mutation!!!!!!

Arahan
juggy mutated? Jugernaut isnt a mutant!

buffymitch
i don't think it realy matters wether Juggernaut helemt is from that gem or if his strenght is a mutation. they simplified the character down just so everyone watch the movie without asking twenty questions about that gem. not only X-men fans will watch this movie. If oyu put that gem story you'll get questions like (from the guy sitting next to you at the cineplex) what is that gem, where did they get it where does it come from. They did this with every characters and it works.

soleran30
Originally posted by TwisterGameX

LOL have you seen some professional bodybuilders nowadays? LOL the probably could have taken a female competitor to fill that role.........j/ksmile

cain marko
Originally posted by buffymitch
i don't think it realy matters wether Juggernaut helemt is from that gem or if his strenght is a mutation. they simplified the character down just so everyone watch the movie without asking twenty questions about that gem. not only X-men fans will watch this movie. If oyu put that gem story you'll get questions like (from the guy sitting next to you at the cineplex) what is that gem, where did they get it where does it come from. They did this with every characters and it works.

i agree with you so much i posted summit alot lyk tht in another room

Originally posted by cain marko
i dont care u have to appreciate tht xmen was a cartoon where design and image is infinate they wanted to make these films in live action so aergo consequences lyk sum one said if they wanted to do juggernaut lykin the cartoons they would have to cgi him which wud luk shit i do lyk the original juggernaut but there is a new generation (my age) watchin them who havnt really seen the cartoons so a the same time as bringin it to lyf they need to make it look modern

steverules
Juggernauts mask looks like somethin from the gladiator movie.

cain marko
i lyk the way it sorta resembles magnetos helmet i do wish it wud cover the whole of vinnie jones' hed tho

steverules
I didn't really mind the old costume I'm not sure about this costume but I usely get used to things after a while.

Fianna
Ummm..guys..hate to burst the fanboy bubble here....but this is a FILM not a COMIC.....that means there are visual and phyiscal limitations that don't exsist within comic...plus they are not just catering to people who have read the comics but others as well, so it has to be made credible and understandable to them...obviously they can't have them walking around in pink lycra and be taken seriously....

Maybe everyone should just wait to see it before judging.....yeah it's not going to be exactly the same as every single X-Men comic ever created but it's still looks very good as a movie......and come one, it's not like it's going to be as cheesy, smug and overblown as Spiderman...

willRules
Originally posted by Fianna
and come one, it's not like it's going to be as cheesy, smug and overblown as Spiderman...

sad I liked the spider-man movie..............

Draco69
They could have done the costume better. Alot better. But whatever.

Fianna
Originally posted by willRules
sad I liked the spider-man movie.............. It was good fun, but it was trying to hard to be a deep and meaningful comic movie that it turned out quite badly.....I couldn't take alot of the lines seriously...it was too obvious and unsubtle for my tastes....but then this is just my opnion...wink

Arahan
I love opinions or was it oninons? Whatever

I must agrre with Draco. They could have done the costume much better. I can live with it that they couldnt fight a big bull tall actor to fit the Juggernaut body but at least they could have made a better costume.

botcherby
I cannot wait till this film comes out, loved all of them so far... personally I'd have liked to see more Iceman and Cyclops, but the films were good for what they were smile

platinumx
His helmet looks like a cross between magneto's helmet and Iron Man's hulkbuster helmet.

xxxangelxxx
I totaly agree with u there i would ave loved 2 seen more cyclops and iceman.But the films r really gd n i myself am i massive fan of x-men.And hopefuly x3 will show more cyclops and iceman than in x2

nathan summers
It was good fun, but it was trying to hard to be a deep and meaningful comic movie that it turned out quite badly.....I couldn't take alot of the lines seriously...it was too obvious and unsubtle for my tastes....but then this is just my opnion...wink

And the lines in the X-Men movies have been deep and meaningful?*coughs* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Gotta love the way the fanboys and girls are drastically trying to justify this movie.

Look at Juggernaut, just look at him with an unbiased mind. There are wrestlers bigger than him, naturally. I thought it was Avalanche at first. The man is never going to be a convincing Juggernaut because I personally wouldn't be intimidated by him.

-AC

nathan summers
With movies like Lord of the Rings, Hellboy, Sin City and Harry Potter that stick as close to the mediums they represent as humanly possible -- there's no EXCUSE for X-Men. The movies are faintly amusing but I'm sure if someone made a Spider-Man movie with Parker in a leather suit with a Spider painted on the back and maskless -- the masses would be in an uproar. If Harry Potter wore contact lenses instead of his goofy ass glasses -- would he still be Harry Potter? If Frodo was 6'2 and was Hugh Jackman -- would Lord of the Rings still be a good movie? I doubt it. But HEY! Atleast Frodo would have even MORE sex appeal right?

Alpha Centauri
People actually said Hulk looked lame, he actually looked better than any Marvel character in a movie ever.

"You can't CGI Juggernaut, he's human!!!"

So leave him out then. He's not gonna solidify the plot.

"He'll be cool."

Then have someone who, I dunno, resembles the man. It's not like Gambit where all you need is someone vaguely resembling the character. Juggernaut is called Juggernaut because he is inhumanly massive and intimidating.

If Vinnie Jonesernaut tired to mug you, you'd probably laugh at him.

-AC

Silverstein
whats wrong with vinnie jones?

Piedmon
That really does not look good, at all.

I would have had Juggernaut completely armored up. It makes more sense than sticking out your naked chest against the guy with optic blasts.

Silverstein
heres my manip. just made it more juggernaught-ish. To me watching the animated series and just seeing the character. it was all about his helmet thing.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Silverstein
whats wrong with vinnie jones?

If you're asking that then there's clearly no explaining it to you.

-AC

Arcane
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If you're asking that then there's clearly no explaining it to you.

-AC

how about u get off your high horse and answer the question correctly erm

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Arcane
how about u get off your high horse and answer the question correctly erm

As I said, if you don't know why Vinnie Jones is shit, then you've either never seen any of his movies, seen him, or you just genuinely don't know why.

Any movie he's in is either a shit movie, or he's shit in it. The man can't act.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
I wouldn't mind it if it at least looked good but he looks like one of those nipple ringed, assless chaps wearing post-apocalyptic survivors from the future.

Fianna
*shrug* ..why not just try and enjoy the movie instead of putting it down before you've even seen it...messed

Swanky-Tuna
I'm just sayin' he looks dumb. He could of at least had his midriff covered. He's Juggernaut, not Jessica Alba.

Alpha Centauri
*shrug* ..why not just try and enjoy the movie instead of putting it down before you've even seen it...messed

Loyalty (the reason these shit failures are successful) aside, it's going to be shit isn't it?

The most it will ever hope to be is a watchable action movie. So, that in itself is a failure. Since it's meant to be an accurate comicbook adaptation.

-AC

nimbus006
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm just sayin' he looks dumb. He could of at least had his midriff covered. He's Juggernaut, not Jessica Alba.

LOL... have to agree with that.

Arcane
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

do u really think vinni picked out that attire

if u have to bag on some one, at least the director and the costume artists

but as Fi said, wait till the movie has aired before giving your judgement

X-Woman
I like how they made him look. I mean a huge buff guy with a big helmet wouldn't look so great.

HEY GUYS IM BACK AND WITH A NEW LOOK!! (for a short time though.)

mr.smiley
Juggernaut looks terrible.He's called the Juggernaut for a good reason.Hell,he doesn't even look as big as the movie version of the Thing.It's like I said a few months ago,Juggernaut is suppose to knock down buildings,not just walls.

1.He looks to small
2.He doesn't even look like the Juggeraut.

Okay.Juggernauts helmet is kind of like his trade mark.It's as important as Wolverines horn hair or Cykes visors.What do they do?They screw it up and make him unreconizable.If I never knew they made an X Men movie and I saw a pic of Hugh Jackman from the films I would know that's Wolverine.I would know Ian Mckellen was Magneto (with the helmet),James Marsden was Cyclopes,etc.Now their are some characters who don't have as many noticeable features about them like Iceman in human form and Kitty Pride.However,Juggernaut has been changed for the worst,unlike Toad who was changed for the better.His helmet is a total change (I wondered for a while if it was even Juggernaut or Avanlanche just as AC did).

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Arcane
do u really think vinni picked out that attire

if u have to bag on some one, at least the director and the costume artists

but as Fi said, wait till the movie has aired before giving your judgement

Why? If I'm ultimately sure it will be shit, judging on past movies, then chances are it will be. Cameo city with more plotholes than a movie where Daredevil dodges the acid and continues as a sighted man.

Originally posted by X-Woman
I like how they made him look. I mean a huge buff guy with a big helmet wouldn't look so great.

What?

That's what Juggernaut is. A monsterous human with a big helmet. You can't say "Let's have Juggernaut" and then make him NOT Juggernaut. If you're gonna change someone as distinctive as Juggernaut to the point that he looks like Newspaper Stand Guy #2, then have someone else.

That's like making Spider-Man Hulk sized purely because you don't feel he looks strong enough.

-AC

hotsauce6548
Juggernaut looks retarded. Seriously. no expression

He's way too small, his helmet looks like a salad bowl jammed onto his head, and the rest of the outfit looks like some kind of weird S & M fantasy uniform. messed

Fianna
Oh come on...in the comics it was hardly the most inspiring of costumes was it messed

hotsauce6548
Oh come on...in the comics it was hardly the most inspiring of costumes was it messed

Actually, I like his costume in the comics. Especially the helmet, which gives him his unstoppable air.

X-Woman
What?

That's what Juggernaut is. A monsterous human with a big helmet. You can't say "Let's have Juggernaut" and then make him NOT Juggernaut. If you're gonna change someone as distinctive as Juggernaut to the point that he looks like Newspaper Stand Guy #2, then have someone else.

That's like making Spider-Man Hulk sized purely because you don't feel he looks strong enough.

-AC

I mean if you picture the exact way Juggs is in the comics and convert it into the movie, it wouldn't look good. His helmet is only smaller and he has less bulging muscles. But hey, I'm not much a fan of him.

Alpha Centauri

Stop making excuses for the casting crew royally messing this up. That's why things like this happen, because they know that somewhere, some people will let this go as "Ok".

Originally posted by X-Woman
I mean if you picture the exact way Juggs is in the comics and convert it into the movie, it wouldn't look good. His helmet is only smaller and he has less bulging muscles.

Exactly, then he's not Juggernaut. There are natural wrestlers bigger than Juggernaut in that movie.

He's meant to be a man who, as a friend said earlier, has fights with Hulk. Not some Avalanche lookalike.

The first telltale element of him being wrong is that I barely noticed him. People are asking "Is that Juggernaut?"

You should know if it's Juggernaut. When you see Hulk, you don't get him confused do you?

-AC

mr.smiley
Exactly.Juggernaut size alone should damn near rival the Hulk in width.His fist should be like three foot wide.

hotsauce6548
The first telltale element of him being wrong is that I barely noticed him. People are asking "Is that Juggernaut?"

You should know if it's Juggernaut. When you see Hulk, you don't get him confused do you?

-AC

Exactly. After the first time seeing the trailer, I was dissappointed because I thought I hadn't seen Jugernaut. It wasn't until I freeze-framed it that I noticed that was supposed to be him. erm

Alpha Centauri
People try to retort with "He wouldn't have looked good as CGI!" So then don't have him.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.