Gladiator vs.................................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Apparently he's the sh!t so how does he do fully powered against these ppl?

Wonder Woman
Powergurl
Starfire
Supergurl
Maxima

vs
Gladiator

Juntai
He loses HORRIBLY.
RAPED by a load of girls!~

dvampire
Originally posted by Juntai
He loses HORRIBLY.
RAPED by a load of girls!~

I agree! big grin

thesilverspider
he gets killed easily

thesilverspider
galdiator aint sh!t

LethalFemme
eek! damn from the way ppl talk about him i thought he wasn't the one to mess with............but i guess not...lol

The Ion
He has some high showings such as the 100x lightspeed crap but damn, he has some low ones too. evil face

thesilverspider
Originally posted by The Ion
He has some high showings such as the 100x lightspeed crap but damn, he has some low ones too. evil face

i can think of more bad showings then good one's from him

LethalFemme
Whats the evil for?

Juntai
He has some high showings such as the 100x lightspeed crap but damn, he has some low ones too. evil face Well, his feats are so spread out, in terms of the major ones that people show . That one can only assume these are one shot moments, and aren't to be used. Issue to issue, he's at BEST on the level of any of those people in singles combat. But together, they just mash him badly.

The Ion
Sorry, I was looking at your sig and got some evil thoughts. evil face

thesilverspider
Originally posted by LethalFemme
eek! damn from the way ppl talk about him i thought he wasn't the one to mess with............but i guess not...lol

gladiator is just superman with more speed and issue's ........... a piece of sh!t hair cut............. evil face

The Ion
Originally posted by thesilverspider
i can think of more bad showings then good one's from him
Yeah, thats the kicker. wink

Juntai
gladiator is just superman with more speed and issue's ........... a piece of sh!t hair cut............. evil face He doesn't have more speed, Superman is regularly FAR faster. He has that one 100x lightspeed thing that another character randomly proclaimed... that was from decades ago. If you can't be even remotely consistant, it's irrelivent.

thesilverspider
Yeah, thats the kicker. wink

the only real feats are just him recalling what he says he has done in the past ........................ I push planets...............I am faster then light its self...............I remember when i didn't have a half ass hair style.

thesilverspider
He doesn't have more speed, Superman is regularly FAR faster. He has that one 100x lightspeed thing that another character randomly proclaimed... that was from decades ago. If you can't be even remotely consistant, it's irrelivent.

laughing out loud laughing out loud dam we are bashing him real good

kgkg
He doesn't have more speed, Superman is regularly FAR faster. He has that one 100x lightspeed thing that another character randomly proclaimed... that was from decades ago. If you can't be even remotely consistant, it's irrelivent.
Actually he can still do it

Remember he doesn't travel in ship, he travel galaxy to galaxies

That someone is REED using tech......

the thing is Gladiator is only shown in 20 comics(close to that) sad

LethalFemme
Sorry, I was looking at your sig and got some evil thoughts. evil face

eek! I think every guy here has......... embarrasment................lol

kgkg
eek! I think every guy here has......... embarrasment................lol not me cool

thesilverspider
Originally posted by kgkg

the thing is Gladiator is only shown in 20 comics(close to that) sad

now thats sad sad

The Ion
the only real feats are just him recalling what he says he has done in the past ........................ I push planets...............I am faster then light its self...............I remember when i didn't have a half ass hair style.
He did break Hyperion's neck which was pretty cool.

I heard he stalemated Ego The Living Planet but I havent seen it. For all I know it could be another one of those "Genis destroyed King Thor" things that never happened. erm

LethalFemme
not me cool

so you say stick out tongue

kgkg
so you say stick out tongue whistle

Juntai
Actually he can still do it

Remember he doesn't travel in ship, he travel galaxy to galaxies

That someone is REED using tech......

the thing is Gladiator is only shown in 20 comics(close to that) sad It's still a one shot wonder feat, lots of characters travel through Galaxies. Even Superman has traversed space. His 100x lightspeed has not even been CLOSE to duplicated. And it's been decades. So it can't be taken seriously as an average showing Gladiator. These other characters issue to issue, are at LEAST on par with his average showing. And he's vastly outnumbered.

thesilverspider

I heard he stalemated Ego The Living Planet but I havent seen it. For all I know it could be another one of those "Genis destroyed King Thor" things that never happened. erm

that was crap 2 but not like genis vs king thor.....

you know whats funny gladiator is even inconsistent in the x-men cartoon first he shows up and throws juggs like a mile away then he gets his ass handed 2 him by rogue...........
laughing out loud

The Ion
It's still a one shot wonder feat, lots of characters travel through Galaxies. Even Superman has traversed space. His 100x lightspeed has not even been CLOSE to duplicated. And it's been decades. So it can't be taken seriously as an average showing Gladiator. These other characters issue to issue, are at LEAST on par with his average showing. And he's vastly outnumbered.
Good point. Jeph Loeb Superman can open Boom Tubes under his own power. big grin

kgkg
It's still a one shot wonder feat, lots of characters travel through Galaxies. Even Superman has traversed space. His 100x lightspeed has not even been CLOSE to duplicated. And it's been decades. So it can't be taken seriously as an average showing Gladiator. These other characters issue to issue, are at LEAST on par with his average showing. And he's vastly outnumbered.
True that his issue to issue showing isn't 100X light speed heck it's not even in the mach.

He forget he has speed in almost all his battles sad

Example is that he was so fast that he grab hulk near space before hulk noticed anything, knock Thor hammer using speed , etc but then it’s like a sec feat then he is back to his “slow” self.

and he doesn't have many issue...............

but the theory is Gladiator has no limits speed etc depends on his confidence

Juntai
that was crap 2 but not like genis vs king thor.....

you know whats funny gladiator is even inconsistent in the x-men cartoon first he shows up and throws juggs like a mile away then he gets his ass handed 2 him by rogue...........
laughing out loud The juggs thing didn't happen in the actual comic, however he did have his hands full with Collosus. Yes, he came out on top, but the impression the narration and artwork gave off was that he was pushing it to put Collosus down.

thesilverspider
how does your confidence effect how fast you can go ?

Lucid Lui
Gladiator rules, he just has the unfortunate fate of being a Jobber to people he has no business jobbing to.

Anyway, he loses to all of them together, but woops them all one on one.

LethalFemme
whistle

eek! i knew it......lol

Juntai
True that his issue to issue showing isn't 100X light speed heck it's not even in the mach.

He forget he has speed in almost all his battles sad

Example is that he was so fast that he grab hulk near space before hulk noticed anything, knock Thor hammer using speed , etc but then it’s like a sec feat then he is back to his “slow” self.

and he doesn't have many issue...............

but the theory is Gladiator has no limits speed etc depends on his confidence However sadly theories aren't viable. A character is determined by his showings, in which Gladiator is consistantly unimpressive in the grand scheme.

kgkg
All of gladiator powers are based on confidence

thesilverspider
However sadly theories aren't viable. A character is determined by his showings, in which Gladiator is consistantly unimpressive in the grand scheme.

yup and i dont think its considered jobbing if you get beat down in almost all your showings..... sad

kgkg
However sadly theories aren't viable. A character is determined by his showings, in which Gladiator is consistantly unimpressive in the grand scheme.
a proven theory not just any theory

Reed proved it

The Ion
That's his power. The more confident he is, the stronger and faster he is.

thesilverspider
That's his power. The more confident he is, the stronger and faster he is.

i know that but seriously its just stupid all together and just gives people the excuse "oh he wasn't at peak confidence when they fought".

kgkg
i know that but seriously its just stupid all together and just gives people the excuse "oh he wasn't at peak confidence when they fought". And it's a valid reason no?

Juntai
a proven theory not just any theory

Reed proved it And it's a one shot wonder feat from over a decade ago.
Read the forum rules.
It's not usable unless specifically stated by the thread creator that Gladiator is in ultimate high end feat mode.
Issue to issue power is what matters and in that respect he's not faster/stronger than any of these characters by any comparable means.

kgkg
And it's a one shot wonder feat from over a decade ago.
Read the forum rules.
It's not usable unless specifically stated by the thread creator that Gladiator is in ultimate high end feat mode.
Issue to issue power is what matters and in that respect he's not faster/stronger than any of these characters by any comparable means. wink am not even saying he wins

thesilverspider
And it's a valid reason no?

nope stick out tongue

kgkg
nope stick out tongue mad

The Ion
It's the same reason I use for low GL showings. laughing

Juntai
wink am not even saying he wins I never implied such, I don't think.

But here I grabbed the quote from the rules for ya man.

"It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels"

See what I'm saying now?

We can only assume, Gladiator was in his highest powered up moment when he did such a feat, since he's very very inconsistant in that aspect. He's not once duplicated the event, and so it can't be used as viable evidence. However, this entire team of girls he's facing is almost always near Superman-level.

Juntai
It's the same reason I use for low GL showings. laughing lmao.

thesilverspider
It's the same reason I use for low GL showings. laughing
green lantern vs gladiator thread coming up

LethalFemme
eek! there's already 3 pages in less then 20 minutes

thesilverspider
mad

........... evil face

kgkg
I never implied such, I don't think.

But here I grabbed the quote from the rules for ya man.

"It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels"

See what I'm saying now?

We can only assume, Gladiator was in his highest powered up moment when he did such a feat, since he's very very inconsistant in that aspect. He's not once duplicated the event, and so it can't be used as viable evidence. However, this entire team of girls he's facing is almost always near Superman-level.
I agree

But I disagree to the part where you said he couldn't do this and that. “Because there is no "limit" to powers to show that was beyond him.........

However his normal showing “optimal” is "thor" level and he looses here

The Ion
green lantern vs gladiator thread coming up
They kill him. big grin

thesilverspider

However his normal showing “optimal” is "thor" level and he looses here
roughly thor level.......... stick out tongue

thesilverspider
They kill him. big grin

of course they do...... wink

kgkg
roughly thor level.......... stick out tongue
If you consider "forgetting speed" than ya

The Ion
of course they do...... wink
Don't believe me? sad

thesilverspider
Don't believe me? sad
it depends who is more confident right............ wink

thesilverspider
If you consider "forgetting speed" than ya
speed aint help much when he got his ass beat by hulk and thor himself. wink

Juntai
it depends who is more confident right............ wink Optimal showing however, a GL handles Gladiator.
In a high showing moment, one may even be able to handle the entire Shiar Empire and Skrull Empire at the same time.
In a low showing, you may see Batman leveling one.

kgkg
speed aint help much when he got his ass beat by hulk and thor himself. wink
but both time she owned both for a "second" then he forgets about his speed.

The Ion
I think top level GL feats surpass top level Glads. Not many people can create planets or create a sentient being who had the combined powers of Flash and Green Lantern. big grin

thesilverspider
but both time she owned both for a "second" then he forgets about his speed.

how do you forget about your speed ............. laughing out loud

kgkg
I think top level GL feats surpass top level Glads. Not many people can create planets or create a sentient being who had the combined powers of Flash and Green Lantern. big grin Agreed

But the PC feats won't be happening again

Now it’s the days of “the shark” and shield getting destroyed like butter
evil face

The Ion
Damn The Shark! sad

thesilverspider

really when was this and who did this

thesilverspider
Damn The Shark! sad
yes the shark................... evil face

LethalFemme
if it help to even things out he's at his best everything speed, strength, etc.

thesilverspider
i think it was juntai who was telling me about the shark telling me how uber it was

The Ion
really when was this and who did this
Kyle did in Green Lantern Circle of Fire. His subconcious was able to create 5 Green Lanterns one of which was Ali-Rayner West who had Flash powers in addition to a GL power. Pretty sick when you think about it.

Lets not bring up Oblivion aka The original Void who bitchslapped the JLA. evil face

thesilverspider
if it help to even things out he's at his best everything speed, strength, etc.
he still goes down he gonna start doubting himself when he see himself getting smashed by women........... sad

thesilverspider
Kyle did in Green Lantern Circle of Fire. His subconcious was able to create 5 Green Lanterns one of which was Ali-Rayner West who had Flash powers in addition to a GL power. Pretty sick when you think about it.

Lets not bring up Oblivion aka The original Void who bitchslapped the JLA. evil face

please dont and yea that is pretty sick i dont ever remember hal doing something like that

kgkg
Hal is the best GL period ask Jrod

The Ion
Consistently Hal is the best. Even I agree on that but when it comes to high level feats, Post Crisis, Kyle is the man.

thesilverspider
Hal is the best GL period ask Jrod
everyone knows that but that was pretty sick what kyle did.kyle has like the best post crisis green lantern feats...

thesilverspider
Consistently Hal is the best. Even I agree on that but when it comes to high level feats, Post Crisis, Kyle is the man.

thumb up.....my thoughts exactly

Juntai
Consistently Hal is the best. Even I agree on that but when it comes to high level feats, Post Crisis, Kyle is the man. Agreed, even if its only because he's just had more appearances.

thesilverspider
Agreed, even if its only because he's just had more appearances.
no its mainly cause he is hal"mr.perfect"jordan...

Juntai
no its mainly cause he is hal"mr.perfect"jordan... I was talking about Kyle's high end feats. Everyone knows Hal's the best, that's why became a badguy with ultimate power for a time, for years spanking everyone in the DCU, only to be foiled a couple of times by himself as a newbie, then to die and become one with god, and finally come back to life and they immediately bump Kyle out of position of Earth Green Lantern.

thesilverspider
I was talking about Kyle's high end feats. Everyone knows Hal's the best, that's why became a badguy with ultimate power for a time, for years spanking everyone in the DCU, only to be foiled a couple of times by himself as a newbie, then to die and become one with god, and finally come back to life and they immediately bump Kyle out of position of Earth Green Lantern.
exactly who would you rather have as your green lantern an upstart or mr.perfect.

The Ion
I was talking about Kyle's high end feats. Everyone knows Hal's the best, that's why became a badguy with ultimate power for a time, for years spanking everyone in the DCU, only to be foiled a couple of times by himself as a newbie, then to die and become one with god, and finally come back to life and they immediately bump Kyle out of position of Earth Green Lantern.
Pfft! While Hal was on Earth getting spanked by Shark, Kyle was out fighting a cosmic war. big grin

Seriously though, Kyle doesn't really fit with the Corps. That's why he's becoming Ion again.

The Ion
exactly who would you rather have as your green lantern an upstart or mr.perfect.
The Guardians pick Kyle. He has a tendency not to go insane.

Oh wait, it was really a big yellow space grasshopper. roll eyes (sarcastic)

thesilverspider
Pfft! While Hal was on Earth getting spanked by Shark, Kyle was out fighting a cosmic war. big grin

Seriously though, Kyle doesn't really fit with the Corps. That's why he's becoming Ion again.

i never did like the corps and when is kyle going back 2 the ion name?

thesilverspider
The Guardians pick Kyle. He has a tendency not to go insane.

Oh wait, it was really a big yellow space grasshopper. roll eyes (sarcastic)

the guardians are gay.............

The Ion
i never did like the corps and when is kyle going back 2 the ion name?
The name change happens during the Rann/Thanagar special and the Ion series starts in April.rock

thesilverspider
The name change happens during the Rann/Thanagar special and the Ion series starts in April.rock
im looking forward 2 it i have a feeling a hal vs kyle is gonna come up soon..

The Ion
It'd probably end in a stalemate. Both groups of fanboys are pretty rabid and DC likes to keep them happy. embarrasment

thesilverspider
It'd probably end in a stalemate. Both groups of fanboys are pretty rabid and DC likes to keep them happy. embarrasment
yea i guess so...............GL john in the other hand......... sad

The Ion
I know John has about 2 fans but he is a good character. Writers are clueless on how to write him. Check out the Green Lantern: Mosaic series for a good John.

thesilverspider
I know John has about 2 fans but he is a good character. Writers are clueless on how to write him. Check out the Green Lantern: Mosaic series for a good John.
john is bad ass its just he is always the scapegoat when it comes to green lanterns

brainchild81
I know John has about 2 fans but he is a good character. Writers are clueless on how to write him. Check out the Green Lantern: Mosaic series for a good John. Or the JLU animated series. I guess I make up half of John's fanbase, that's alright. I doubt John or Hal'd be stupid enough to throw a regular punch @ somebody who's faster, stronger, and actually knows how to fight(Deathstroke). Kyles an idiot.laughing

Avalonofthewind

I'll be collecting that series.
While I like both Hal and Kyle..and yes...John is cool too.
Kyle to me is the most powerful Post crisis GL.
Hell... Sandman (DC)gave him his endorsement. Thats good enough for me.

Back on topic. Glads gets spanked.

The Ion
Originally posted by brainchild81
Or the JLU animated series. I guess I make up half of John's fanbase, that's alright. I doubt John or Hal'd be stupid enough to throw a regular punch @ somebody who's faster, stronger, and actually knows how to fight(Deathstroke). Kyles an idiot.laughing
The funny thing is Deathstroke has handled Hal before too, Pre-Crisis Hal at that. Chew on that one. smile

kgkg
hector rules

snoopdogg

I heard he stalemated Ego The Living Planet but I havent seen it. For all I know it could be another one of those "Genis destroyed King Thor" things that never happened. erm I don't like Glads but he once stalemated Thor.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads3.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ThorandGlads4.jpg

snoopdogg
Agreed

But the PC feats won't be happening again

Now it’s the days of “the shark” and shield getting destroyed like butter
evil face The same could be said for Gladiator.

He needed a speed boost just to catch a tidal wave.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Gladiatorneedinhelp.jpg

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
The same could be said for Gladiator.

He needed a speed boost just to catch a tidal wave.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Gladiatorneedinhelp.jpg
it's PIS

notice he then travels space in the next issue

Lucid Lui
And in the very same issue.

snoopdogg
it's PIS

notice he then travels space in the next issue Oh. Obviously it's PIS.

You say that all of the time.

kgkg
Oh. Obviously it's PIS.

You say that all of the time.
Obviously ....................... because he travel the spaceways in the same issue

thesilverspider
Obviously ....................... because he travel the spaceways in the same issue

damn gladiator that inconsistent

the Darkone
damn gladiator that inconsistent

It's the writers fault.

brainchild81
The funny thing is Deathstroke has handled Hal before too, Pre-Crisis Hal at that. Chew on that one. smile Did Hal try to sock him? smile

The Ion
No, he just held him in mid air like a dumbass and got sent sprawling to the ground.

kgkg
No, he just held him in mid air like a dumbass and got sent sprawling to the ground. In which issue does this event happen evil face

thesilverspider
In which issue does this event happen evil face

are you planning on using this info in future hal discussions......

kgkg
are you planning on using this info in future hal discussions...... Nope

Why did you assume that?

because of this ( :evilsmile

thesilverspider
Nope

Why did you assume that?

because of this ( :evilsmile

cause i know you ..............

like bashing hal when he got chewed up by the shark hilarious by the way....................... laughing out loud

kgkg

thesilverspider
cause they keep comparing them 2 the surfer who imo owns everyone of them one on one.

The Ion
Actually, this is from early vol. 3 of GL. Post Crisis. Everyone knows Kyle owns Hal Post Crisis. evil face

The Ion
Apparently Slade is so good, Hal's auto shield turned off. laughing

The Ion
cause they keep comparing them 2 the surfer who imo owns everyone of them one on one.
I consider them equals. They can do all the same things.

thesilverspider
Actually, this is from early vol. 3 of GL. Post Crisis. Everyone knows Kyle owns Hal Post Crisis. evil face

look at the bottem of his pants what the fu*k..............

holly bell bottems batman..............

thesilverspider

but the surfer aint gonna get chewed up by a shark..............

sorry its the influence of kg.......... cool

kgkg
The difference is Surfer doesn't loose many battles.

And a lot more feats that Gl today

He is more comparable to Pre-Crisis Hal

Everything hal did SS did similar stuff

snoopdogg
cause i know you ..............

like bashing hal when he got chewed up by the shark hilarious by the way....................... laughing out loud Kinda like Sentry bleeding from a dog bite.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Sentrybleedin.jpg

thesilverspider
Apparently Slade is so good, Hal's auto shield turned off. laughing

its called the fu*k justice league aura..........

snoopdogg
The difference is Surfer doesn't loose many battles.

That is why he will never sustain a monthly series.

The Ion
The thing is I try not to count low showings for any character. Forum rules states all characters are discussed at optimal levels. If you ask me Kyle's feats compare favorably with Pre-Crisis Hal and Surfer. Surfer doesn't have low showings because he doesn't appear nearly as often.

thesilverspider
Kinda like Sentry bleeding from a dog bite.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Sentrybleedin.jpg
but in all fairness 2 hal the shark was badass........

thesilverspider
That is why he will never sustain a monthly series.

cause he is that nasty........

thesilverspider
The thing is I try not to count low showings for any character. Forum rules states all characters are discussed at optimal levels. If you ask me Kyle's feats compare favorably with Pre-Crisis Hal and Surfer. Surfer doesn't have low showings because he doesn't appear nearly as often.

ion your one of the only reasonable people on these forums......

kgkg
Why do you think they made him look like shit in?

JLA/Avengers

The Ion
but in all fairness 2 hal the shark was badass........
Blame Guy Gardner. There was a time when Shark was dead but he warped reality to bring him back. sad

The Ion
Why do you think they made him look like shit in?

JLA/Avengers
Why doesn't Superman's head explode upon taking full power punches from Captain Marvel?

snoopdogg
Why doesn't Superman's head explode upon taking full power punches from Captain Marvel? Or vice versa.

kgkg
Why doesn't Superman's head explode upon taking full power punches from Captain Marvel? let me think

brainchild81
Or vice versa. Honestly, I don't know why Supes doesn't hurt his hands punching Cap. Marvel. Cap. Marvel should beat Supes w/ease any time either lands a punch. Originally posted by The Ion
Actually, this is from early vol. 3 of GL. Post Crisis. Everyone knows Kyle owns Hal Post Crisis. evil face Cool pic. I've never liked Hal until just recently when he punched Batman in the face. John is my favorite GL(JLU is awesome)

Juntai
Actually, this is from early vol. 3 of GL. Post Crisis. Everyone knows Kyle owns Hal Post Crisis. evil face Actually, that's froM Deathstroke's series.

The Ion
You know what screw you Juntai!!!!!111!!oneone!

Juntai
You know what screw you Juntai!!!!!111!!oneone!
lol, you love me.
big grin

That was right after whooping Flash and right before whooping Aquaman.

Lucid Lui
lol, you love me.
big grin

That was right after whooping Flash and right before whooping Aquaman. *ears prick up*
Whooping Aquaman you say? Proof! I demand proof!!

Juntai
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
*ears prick up*
Whooping Aquaman you say? Proof! I demand proof!! Issue 13 of Deathstroke's series. Deathstroke vs The Justice League. He also defeated a whole other team of middle/low calibre B-rates in the same issue. And during this time his powers weren't working right either.

cybermaster
gladiator would knock there asses out of course.

Lucid Lui
Issue 13 of Deathstroke's series. Deathstroke vs The Justice League. He also defeated a whole other team of middle/low calibre B-rates in the same issue. And during this time his powers weren't working right either. Ahh yes, the one where he makes the building collapse no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.