80S quest movie, kids kill man with heart of stone????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigwigwig
SOMETHING TO ADD TO THE FOLLOWING POST...
TO GET TO THE OTHER WORLD...THE CHILD(S) RODE ON A GIANT MANS HEAD, HOLDING ONTO HIS BEARD...does anyone have the title of this movie, i have to see it again...havet seen it since i was like 5 and i remember it as a good flick...

Help, do you know the title of this movie?
okay, some guys I know are on a quest and I have been sucked into it and I need to find a name to a movie from the 80's. I remember watchin it as a child, but for the life of me, can't remember much or the name... My friend says he can die happy if he can learn the name and see it one more time. Ready? It's about two kids who are on some quest I believe to kill a man w/ a stone heart in some castle. Late in the movie they get the sword to kill him as the sword doesn't have much to do w/ the movie and for whatever reason, the kids (they are about 9-11) are playing panflutes and along the way they learn another song for those damnable flutes that help them get into the castle or so we believe. If you know the name, or know more about the movie, please let me know. It's getting irritating not knowing ya know.

More...
I don't have much info, what I gave you is really it, it's sad. It is done w/ real actors, no animation or such. The movie came out in the 80's, cause it came on right after Fraggle Rock on the night we saw it, there was speculation that one of the boys had a bag (believed to be a trash bag) , looked into a pond or something and saw what he was suppose to do or something like that. That is all I have,.

Can anyone help?
I've checked IMDb and googled it about 50 million different ways.

bravetobealive
I registered just to tell you this because I was googling for the same movie I believe. I think what you (and I) are looking for is the movie Mio In the Land Of Faraway.
from IMDB: A young boy named Bosse lives in misery with his cruel old aunt and uncle, until one night, he is whisked away to the magical land of Faraway. He finds that his real father is the king, and he is Prince Mio. Along with his friend JumJum, he sets out to defeat the evil knight Kato, and free the children that Kato has enslaved.

I remember that I watched this film once when I was like, 5 or something and could never find it again but it always stuck with me. I'm going to try and find this film again and watch it asap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.