Cin Drallig Vs Count Dooku (Lightsaber Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Envy
Battle between makashi masters.

Council#13
I thought that Cin Drallig used form 5, but anyway...

Dooku

darthsith19
No, Cin uses Masashi. But Dooku still wins. Even if they're both Makashi masters Dooku has more training, more experience and more potential.

Darth Faunus
Where is it said that Cin Drallig uses Makashi?

DrDoom101
Cin uses Form V

exanda kane
Hmm. Dooku seems to me to use a lot of the Force when fighting, Force jumps and force push etc. so in this fight he may just have to rely on his skill, as does Cin (but he places less emphasis on the Force), so on these grounds Cin may be able to take Dooku.

henniestevens
never heard about Cin using Makashi too. but still, Dooku owns Cin.
Dooku already was 1 of the best lightsaber duelist while he was a jedi.
Cin Drallig sucked real bad during these days. But after that Dooku was trained by Sidious while Cin Drallig was training padawans. Dooku would pwn him like he pwned AOTC Anakin and ROTS Obi.

Darth_Glentract
Cin has limilted knowledge of all the forms, which makes him versatile, but the fact remains that Anakin defeated him. Dooku takes this.

kamikz
Anakin defeated Dooku too. stick out tongue
JK.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Where is it said that Cin Drallig uses Makashi?
He was a master of the old form II style similar to that of Count Dooku who was also a master of that form.

Darth Faunus
Must I get into the use of Wikipedia with you, too?

Se7in
Wikipedia is hardly a reliable source. Hell, Supershadow could edit it himself if he wanted to. We have no proof Cin uses Form 2, the only canonical thing we can go on about him is a two second hologram of him trading blows with Ani. Either way, Dooku wins.

The Creator
It would actually makes sense for Cin to be a Makashi master due to the fact that he is the Temple's lightsaber instructer and likely duel more than anyone else in the order.

Illustrious
Originally posted by The Creator
It would actually makes sense for Cin to be a Makashi master due to the fact that he is the Temple's lightsaber instructer and likely duel more than anyone else in the order.

Training padawans would make him a more likely Shii-Cho master.

It certainly doesn't mean any about him mastering a nearly extinct form of lightsaber to lightsaber combat when dealing with teenagers.

Se7in
Add to that the fact that 90% of his students used Shii-Cho and/or Niman.

The Creator
Shii-Cho? That form is horrid in lightsaber to lightsaber combat.

Where is it said that he only trained teenagers? But if that is true he would have dueled some extrodinary padawans Obi-Wan, Anakin, Depa, and maybe even Mace Windu.

Se7in
There is no proof he trained them. He may have taught them basics, but he didn't specialize their training. Qui-Gon taught Obi Ataru and lead to Obi's interest in Soresu. Mace was trained by Yoda I thing, though that's most likely false. Depa was trained by Mace.

darthsith19
Must I get into the use of Wikipedia with you, too?
Dude, it's not wikipedia, it's wikicities. Not just anyone can edit it. It was created because the person who made it was sick of wikipedia's bs.

Darth Faunus
Yet it has absolutely no official support. Meaning that it is in essence, a fansite.

darthsith19
Yet it has absolutely no official support. Meaning that it is in essence, a fansite.
No official support? What? It uses facts from the movies, books and things GL and his employees have said themselves? How's it have no official support?

Illustrious
Where's the source that mentions he's a master of Makashi?

And even so, where's your evidence he's even in Dooku's league?

Dark Envy
Drallig was a legendary lightsaber instructor at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and his skills were very impressive, and, though he was not a member of the Jedi Council, his dueling abilities likely rivaled those of the Council members. He was a master of the old form II style similar to that of Count Dooku who was also a master of that form.

-Stawars.wikicities

Well, Cin Drallig was said to be legendary Swordsman of the Jedi Order. So I thought He could be in Dooku's league with lightsaber.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Illustrious
Where's the source that mentions he's a master of Makashi?

And even so, where's your evidence he's even in Dooku's league?
1) I don't know. E-Maul the host of the site and ask him. But do we have any proof against it? Is it not the only proof we have on what form he uses?
2) I never said he could beat Doooku or was even in his league. But if he's stronger than most of the Council members...

Darth Faunus
1) Do we have any proof against it? Good Lord, darthsith. Do we have any proof against Padme having an affair behind Anakin's back?

2) He may be superior to some of the more diplomatic Council members, but he can't hope to contend with the big-hitters, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda.

Cin Drallig is good, but I wouldn't even have him in the top five. And I certainly wouldn't give him a chance with the Count.

darthsith19
1) Do we have any proof against it? Good Lord, darthsith. Do we have any proof against Padme having an affair behind Anakin's back?

2) He may be superior to some of the more diplomatic Council members, but he can't hope to contend with the big-hitters, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda.

Cin Drallig is good, but I wouldn't even have him in the top five. And I certainly wouldn't give him a chance with the Count.
1) Fannus, we have one source saying what form he uses. Since that's all we've got that's all we can go by. Unless you have some other source that indicates what form he uses.
2) I agree. But he could beat most.

exanda kane
The Count...I'm liking the nickname...

jollyjim311
The Count would beat Cin before he could count to ten. Count Chocula has more potential, more training, more experience, and more.... more... more fancy Rancor leather boots than Cin.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by The Creator
Shii-Cho? That form is horrid in lightsaber to lightsaber combat.

Bear in mind that Jedi do not generally expect to fight most of their foes lightsabre-to-lightsabre. Most of their foes use projectile weapons. The vast majority of PT Jedi never face anyone using a lightsabre.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
1) Fannus, we have one source saying what form he uses. Since that's all we've got that's all we can go by. Unless you have some other source that indicates what form he uses.
2) I agree. But he could beat most.

1) You can't go by one idea just because there're no other ideas in plain site. But common sense works.

Wouldn't it be ideal for the dueling-instructor of the Order to have a knowledge of all the forms? Personally, I think he's mastered the two most common forms, Shii-Cho and Niman, or at least become very proficient in the first, and has a base knowledge of the other forms. I don't think he'd waste time perfecting a form that's never used, considering his position. He'd probably learn the most commonly used to whatever extent necessary, Shii-Cho: Younglings, and Niman: ~95% of the Order, and then be content with a comfortable amount proficiency in the other forms.

P.S. -- It's Faunus. With a 'u'.

darthsith19
1) You can't go by one idea just because there're no other ideas in plain site. But common sense works.

Wouldn't it be ideal for the dueling-instructor of the Order to have a knowledge of all the forms? Personally, I think he's mastered the two most common forms, Shii-Cho and Niman, or at least become very proficient in the first, and has a base knowledge of the other forms. I don't think he'd waste time perfecting a form that's never used, considering his position. He'd probably learn the most commonly used to whatever extent necessary, Shii-Cho: Younglings, and Niman: ~95% of the Order, and then be content with a comfortable amount proficiency in the other forms.

P.S. -- It's Faunus. With a 'u'.
1) I don't see why not? We've got one source saying he uses form 2 and no other sources what-so-ever.
2) Yes, he probably does know all the forms, except Vaapad, at least a little. But he uses Makashi. And does he even teach yohnglings? I thought that was all Yoda.

jollyjim311
Yeah, Yoda teaches every last youngling...ever... every second of every day...

gambit11111111
I think cin takes this fight,Because he is skilled with the saber.As dooku is With both,but uses alot of force if its just duel,cin takes alot of people anakin only took cin on because he had tons of elite shadow troopers shooting him,so he must be aware of laser bullets,and block them while taking on the chosen one,anakin had harder time handling cin then it was in the game and what many people say, dooku man handled anakin when he was old enough to be his grandpa,or read him a bed time story,he took anakin on when anakin was going through pueberty and then,when anakin got up in skill,he slapped dook around and had a difficult time with cin,with help therefore Cin takes dooku in these grounds but even free grounds Cin would give him a run for his money!!!

Darth Faunus
Hush. Please.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by gambit11111111
I think cin takes this fight,Because he is skilled with the saber.As dooku is With both,but uses alot of force if its just duel,cin takes alot of people anakin only took cin on because he had tons of elite shadow troopers shooting him,so he must be aware of laser bullets,and block them while taking on the chosen one,anakin had harder time handling cin then it was in the game and what many people say, dooku man handled anakin when he was old enough to be his grandpa,or read him a bed time story,he took anakin on when anakin was going through pueberty and then,when anakin got up in skill,he slapped dook around and had a difficult time with cin,with help therefore Cin takes dooku in these grounds but even free grounds Cin would give him a run for his money!!!

If that post had a lot more accuracy... and punctuation, then it would almost be a normal post.

Sorgo
HAHAHA! I JUST EDITED WIKICITIES!

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Cin_Drallig

Please... It isn't a reliable Source of information AT ALL!

F*ck, it IS Wikipedia.

You're funny.

Sorgo
FOR ALL YOU DUMBF*CKS WHO THINK SIDIOUS OWNS THE CONFEDERACY!

STRAIGHT OUTTA DATABANKTON!

It was Dooku who founded the Confederacy by uniting the most powerful commerce barons in the galaxy to his cause.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Sorgo
HAHAHA! I JUST EDITED WIKICITIES!

Lol! So did I! Looks like Cin Drallig isn't 'Mr. Makashi' anymore. And Whie Malreaux has been downgraded from 'second only to Anakin Skywalker' (WTF?!) to 'strong in the Force'.

overlord
http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/0/02/300px-Dralligbenewhie.jpg
AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! MY EYES!!!!!11!!1!1111

I wish I hadn't viewed that link! mad

Sorgo
Lol! So did I! Looks like Cin Drallig isn't 'Mr. Makashi' anymore. And Whie Malreaux has been downgraded from 'second only to Anakin Skywalker' (WTF?!) to 'strong in the Force'.

That's absurd.

Master Mawi
Can't we just assume Cin is just a know-the-basis-for-all-lightsaber-combat-form teacher? I mean, Cin was trained by Yoda and became an instructor. Should the teacher know at least the basics?

Dark Aristokrat
What difference does that assumption make? Dooku is noted as being the ONLY Makashi master of his time.

darthsith19
Only Makashi MASTER.

Where was that said, anyway?

Dark Aristokrat
Everyone else associated with Makashi is noted as being a 'practitioner', but Dooku is said to have perfected it to its finest degree, hence- master.

Lightsnake
It's speculated Shaak Ti used Makashi primarily, but that's it...Dooku'd take this. And Sorgo? That's vandalism on Wiki and they have no tolerance for that crap.

And Dooku may've founded the Confederacy, but who owned Dooku?

Dark Aristokrat
WikiCities has some serious wishful thinking in there. They list Kun as a Makashi master, when he's never listed as such and indeed, his style looks nothing like Dooku's at all.

Captain REX
My ruling on Wikipedia/Wikicities:

Unless it can be found in the sources listed in the article, it cannot be used in a Vs. argument. And even then, said source has to be consider canon in the sense of EU. There are some stories, like Visionaries and Infinities, that isn't even canon there.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Lightsnake
It's speculated Shaak Ti used Makashi primarily, but that's it...Dooku'd take this. And Sorgo? That's vandalism on Wiki and they have no tolerance for that crap.

And Dooku may've founded the Confederacy, but who owned Dooku?

You vandalise these forums with your fanboyism.

Us Senior members have no tolerance for that shit.

Sorgo
Maybe if Cin was significant enough to be displayed on the Databank, we may be able to find out who he is.

Give me a source that says Cin EVEN practiced Makashi.

Not an editable one either.

Captain REX
So far, it's either ROTS, the novelization, or the game. I doubt it says it in the game, and it definitely says nothing in the movie.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Captain REX
So far, it's either ROTS, the novelization, or the game. I doubt it says it in the game, and it definitely says nothing in the movie.

Oh....

Is that the Novelisation that says Kit Fisto got his head chopped off and put on table?

Council#13
laughing out loud

The only Drallig in ROTS novel is a dead Drallig. I think that Drallig is a Shii-Cho practicitioner, because he teaches padawans who learn Form 1.

Either a Form 1 practitioner or Djem So (Makashi isnt very much used anymore by the Jedi, according to those websites that you can edit e.g. wikipedia.)

kingkman
Originally posted by gambit11111111
I think cin takes this fight,Because he is skilled with the saber.As dooku is With both,but uses alot of force

Actually that isn't true. Cin Drallig is only effective when he combines his lightsaber attacks with force speed like he did in the game. Without the force he is nothing special and seeing as this is an only lightsabers battle, Cin Drallig would easily lose. Dooku does not depend on the force in duels. He would have been able to duel with Anakin and Obi-Won all day, it is obvious in ROTS.

Council#13
laughing out loud dude, that's kind of dumb, because: what would any jedi/sith be without the force?

kingkman
Without using the force, idiot.

Council#13
Oooo watch your language. Anyway, you should have been more specific

kingkman
It says lightsabers only at the top prick.

Council#13
didn't i warn you, novice? besides, people often go off with these topics, so shut it (just to tell you, I'm being relatively polite)

kingkman
Don't be polite. I'm not.

Council#13
laughing out loud so i can see

If im not polite, I'd be restricted. I'm walking a fine line here wink

Captain REX
Council, knock it off. We don't need a smartass in the argument, there are already plenty.

Anyways, Sorgo, in the case of Kit Fisto being decapitated and so on, not everything in the novel is to be put over the movie. My point in saying that was perhaps it mentions in passing that Cin Drallig used Makashi or something; if there's nothing to contradict the book, then it's true. Fisto's decapitation is contradicted by the movie itself, and therefore, not.

Sorgo the Cruel
Council, knock it off. We don't need a smartass in the argument, there are already plenty.

cool

Anyways, Sorgo, in the case of Kit Fisto being decapitated and so on, not everything in the novel is to be put over the movie. My point in saying that was perhaps it mentions in passing that Cin Drallig used Makashi or something; if there's nothing to contradict the book, then it's true. Fisto's decapitation is contradicted by the movie itself, and therefore, not.

Considering Kit's death was a fine example of how the book contradicted the Movie, what makes you think what is said about Cin is liable information?

Captain REX
1) stick out tongue

2) Because it isn't contradicted by anything else. That's assuming it says it in the novel at all; I haven't read it.

Sorgo the Cruel
1) stick out tongue

2) Because it isn't contradicted by anything else. That's assuming it says it in the novel at all; I haven't read it.

So if I mkae a version of the Star Wars Novel, can I just go ahead and say that Sidious uses Niman?

Would it be Canon?

If not, Explain.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Sorgo the Cruel
So if I mkae a version of the Star Wars Novel, can I just go ahead and say that Sidious uses Niman?

Would it be Canon?

If not, Explain.
It wouldn't be canon since other sources say against it. And I'm pretty sure you'd need Lucas's permission to write a ROTS novel. stick out tongue

Dark Aristokrat
Erm... actually the novels can't be properly canon in the grand scheme of things since, in the case of the ROTS novel, it directly contradicts the movies- the highest source material. Therefore, it is suspect.

Sorgo the Cruel
Originally posted by darthsith19
It wouldn't be canon since other sources say against it. And I'm pretty sure you'd need Lucas's permission to write a ROTS novel. stick out tongue

I'd be intrigued to hear of your Sources.

Then Lucas screwed up because Kit didn't get decapited on the Movie, his head wasn't placed on a table and judging by the look on his face I'm pretty damn sure he didn't die smiling.

Council#13

What? Blaming me not him? That's just unfair

Lightsnake
Actually Lucas turned around and decided decap was 'too graphic'. The novel, where it doesn't cotnradict the movie is a perfectly valid source of information and right behind the movie and above almost anything else in the level of continuity

Sorgo the Cruel
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Actually Lucas turned around and decided decap was 'too graphic'. The novel, where it doesn't cotnradict the movie is a perfectly valid source of information and right behind the movie and above almost anything else in the level of continuity

Oh I understand. Just one part is wrong and the rest is right?

No.

If Lucas changed that part of the movie, what makes you think he didn't change other things in his Mind?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.