Apocalypse's new horsemen! X-men 182!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
It's been narrowed down to 12 mutants, 4 will be chosen.

One will definately be an X-man, and there is a good chance that two of them will become horsemen of Apocalypse!

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=271

Avalanche
Beast
Dark Beast
Erg
Havok
Polaris
Ozymandis
Sunfire
Sebastian Shaw
Mystique
Moonstar
Gambit

Which four do you think it will be?

Phoenix_Avatar9
eek! oommggg, i want Polaris, Havok, Moonstar, and Gambit, that would be soooo cool!

bitca730
I don't know anything about Erg and Ozymandis, so I'm hoping its not either of them...But everyone else sounds like awesome candidates!!!

kichiku_beihei
Didn't at least 1/2 of those people lose their powers???

8bitChris
Apocalypse has hooked up people with power before.

I can see someone who lost their powers getting desperate. I'm thinking Lorna or Dani...

Sunfire's legs were chopped off last time we saw him Pre-HoM. I wonder what he's like now. This was when he gave his powers to Rogue. That's why she flies and controls fire now.

ScarletSpider
I'm hoping for Sunfire, Avalanche and Polaris, with some sort of pseudo-elemental theme going on for the Horsemen.

wannabe
Hunger: Erg
Pestilence: Mystique
War: Havoc
Death: Moonstar

Phoenix_Avatar9
MOONSTAR WOULD BE GREAT AS DEATH, arise the New Hela, anyway has anyone seen the THE END series where Dani is revived looking cooler and better than ever!

Fianna
Apparently Lorna didn't actaully lose her powers...confused

willRules
Originally posted by wannabe
Hunger: Erg
Pestilence: Mystique
War: Havoc
Death: Moonstar

eek! yes

botcherby
what the HELL.... how did Sunfire, one of the coolest Xmen get his legs chopped off.... aww hell I didn't know about this sad

so can Rogue actually still absorb powers?

ScarletPheonix
Pestilence:Mystique
Famine:Gambit
War:Avalanche
Death:Moonstar

8bitChris
Originally posted by botcherby
what the HELL.... how did Sunfire, one of the coolest Xmen get his legs chopped off.... aww hell I didn't know about this sad

so can Rogue actually still absorb powers?

In Rogue's solo series before it was cancelled. Towards the end Lady Deathstrike pretty much chopped off Sunfire's whole bottom half.

So he let Rogue absorb his powers. She didn't have her Ms. Marvel powers anymore so the editors felt like she should have some more permanent ones and they gave her Sunfire's powers.

Rogue can still absorb other peoples powers. However, if she drains for too long she absorbs them permanently (See, Ms. Marvel and Sunfire.)

katie_girl09
What are the four horsemen?

Disappear
i believe only three of the four horsemen are coming out of those twelve, and i'd say they'll probably be the second people you think of. milligan's not the most obvious of writers, but also not the most tricky, so the obvious likely won't be chosen, nor will the completely obscure. i'd like to see sunfire and shaw, maybe avalanche and DB too.

bitca730
Mystique
Dani/Sebastian Shaw
Havoc
Polaris

Unlikely, but I'd like to see these guys as Horsemen...

Disappear
one of the horsemen is not from that list, people.

8bitChris
Disapear's right.

I got a little excited haha.

So 3 out of those 12.

Decay
id like to see sunfire with a kind of aoa look and gambit. i doubt ozymandis will be chosen given his history with apocalypse back in egypt but hed make a cool war.

Lucid Lui
I'm hoping for Chamber as one of the Horsemen. He'd be badass.

Sunfire, Shaw and Moonstar would round it off nicely.

Mainstream
I'm guessing at least 1 of the horsemen (or horsepersons) will be "depowered mutant" like Moonstar. Dark Beast, Gambit and Shaw would be another cool 3.

bartleby
I say Shaw, Polaris and Mystique

Mainstream
Shaw would be a great War he can already absorb any form of force such as physical attaks and energy attaks that power boosted by Apoc....I fear to think of it.

Disappear
and shaw was an excellent character an villain who hasn't been seen (pre-astonishing,) for years. bringing him back to his prime would appease me to no end.

princegoku
well ive only recently learned of Apocalypse returning and damn am i pleased. Apocalypse is my fave x-man bad guy except magneto.

nathan summers
The best possible move they could make is the return of ( Worthington )Archangel. And I mean the whole nine including some NEW abilities as well.

botcherby
The Horsemen won't be anyone previously incarnated as a horseman, sorry angel fans... I read that from some interview or something, somwhere...

nathan summers
Marvel. They will pay for this indignity.

stormfront13
i am almost positive that sunfire is a horseman, he is on the cover of the x-men comic all powered up like he was in AOA and the comic description is talking about how he turns into a horseman.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by stormfront13
i am almost positive that sunfire is a horseman, he is on the cover of the x-men comic all powered up like he was in AOA and the comic description is talking about how he turns into a horseman.

yes

Disappear
decay, check out the march '06 solicits. you'll be very pleased, at least on one part.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Mar_06/Mar_06solicits.html

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by stormfront13
i am almost positive that sunfire is a horseman, he is on the cover of the x-men comic all powered up like he was in AOA and the comic description is talking about how he turns into a horseman. Yeah it looks great. Always loved the AoA Sunfire look. I wonder who else turns out to be a Horsemen in that issue....

princegoku
so has this Apocalypse stuff resulting from the whole HoM thing?

Disappear
it hasn't been explained.

and check out the new preview up at buzzscope. that, matched with what mike marts said at uxn.net, is making me think our "aoa sunfire" might not be sunfire after all.

Lucid Lui
Sunfire has been confirmed as a Horsemen. (newsarama). And it seems like Gambit will be aswell...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Sunfire has been confirmed as a Horsemen. (newsarama). And it seems like Gambit will be aswell...

Looks like it from the last picture
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/xmen/182preview.htm

Lucid Lui
Yep. Only two spots left, one from the list and another not.

Good to see Larocca's art picking upp a bit. It's been completely lackluster lately IMO.

I'm hoping the last two are Moonstar and Chamber. That'd be great.

Sunfire - Death
Moonstar - Pestilence
Chamber - Famine
Gambit - War

Or however...

King_Mungi
I thought the 4th Horsemen wouldn't be one of the 12 mentioned?

Jose123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Looks like it from the last picture
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/xmen/182preview.htm

No GOD No!!! Take me instead!!!!

O lord take me.

Disappear
newsarama is making the same assumption most fans are making. but when two of marvel's top creators don't know, or at least act like they don't know, that sunfire's been changed, and there's a random, new character gaining fire powers behind apocalypse, the is certainly room for second-guessing.

ScarletPheonix
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD tell me it is not true.plz plz plz tell me it is not true that gambit is the horsemen of death

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=274

steverules
Sorry, I'm very sure (110%) that that is Gambit and he is a horsemen of apocalypse and most likely death. All the x-men who turn into horsemen of apocalypse are called death.

Ryonslaught
zorro whao! now this.... this is....definatly totally, unexpected....
Gambit is ...DEATH! blink

ScarletPheonix
do u guys know which horseman is sunfire like either: famine,war orthat other one

Ryonslaught
Im guessing sunfire is war. When you consider his powers that seems to suit him best. But then again i would have pegged Gambit for more of a famine than a death so.......

Blair Wind
??? other than death and war how can you peg them?

King_Mungi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380635&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Blair Wind
what I mean is what characteristics do famine and the other one have??

Disappear
sunfire's powers would make him a better famine than war, in terms of name to power. and since there's still speculation around sunfire, and now around gambit, stop acting like it's set in stone.

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
Sorry, I'm very sure (110%) that that is Gambit and he is a horsemen of apocalypse and most likely death. All the x-men who turn into horsemen of apocalypse are called death.

well sunfire is going to be one of the horsemen, and if he isn't death then that rule won't apply anymore, cos sunfire was an X-man..............

steverules
Yeah he was an x-man, so it does kinda fit in. I would understand if he had never been an x-man. Lets face it, Gambit is most defiantly Death.

CrazyDragon
Hm. I really don't like the idea of Gambit as one of the horsemen sad Why Marvel can't just leave him alone sad Poor Gambit, alone the year 2005 was a horrible time for him sad His series were canceled, it was decided that he will not appear in X3, the love-triangle-Shi* (Don't kick me! I'm a huge ROMY-shipper! I just hate that triangle-drama-thing - it reminded me of soap operas which I REALLY hate blink ), etc. etc. etc.....
Really, poor Gambit sad
Marvel is so evil and mean to him mad

botcherby
I'm totally thrilled about Gambit being a horseman... he hasn't done a thing interesting since his New Sun escapade. I hope he goes out with a bang, because hes not mentioned to be on any of the teams after Apocalypse is through with the Xmen.

If somehow Gambit does live on, I'll be pretty bumbed, because he has one of the greatest possibilities for a ressurrection story.

Lucid Lui
So, do you think Polaris is going to be a horsemen? X-Men #181 was a terrible read and kinda confusing, but Polaris got taken off towards the big Sphinx thing at the end right?

Personally i'd rather see someone else instead of Polaris. SHe's boring.

King_Mungi

Lucid Lui
I'm still really hoping that Chamber will be the one that's picked and not on the list. He's my favourite X-Character, and the last time we saw him the X-Men are just dropping him off at a hospital "for his own good" with half his face and organs missing.

He had the potetnial to be extremely powerful though, so Apocalypse should take advantage of that. I'd be more than happy to see him as a horsemen if it means he isn't forgotton about.

wannabe
Originally posted by Disappear
sunfire's powers would make him a better famine than war, in terms of name to power. Why, i can't see any connection with famine except burning down some grain fields???
I think the pure destructive force of his powers would make him a pretty good war.

Darth Jello
Is anyone else sick of apocalypse? I mean his soul was ripped apart!!! I wish the overused, convoluted bastard would stay dead for a change. Screw old fish lips.

CrazyDragon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Is anyone else sick of apocalypse? I mean his soul was ripped apart!!! I wish the overused, convoluted bastard would stay dead for a change. Screw old fish lips.

Me big grin *biggrin*

(I hate Apocalypse! He should stay death, basta stick out tongue )

kanis
borg Gambit looks cool evil, he should trim his hair though.

CrazyDragon
Well, maybe he looks cool so evil on the #185 cover (Like the evil eyes stick out tongue). But the white hair is strange messed
He looks like the witness blink

Darth Jello
you know, the only reason fish lips is even a character is cause at the last minute, they decided that daredevil second-stringer, the owl, would be a lame main villain for X-Factor, so they redrew him at the last minute

Mainstream
Originally posted by botcherby
I'm totally thrilled about Gambit being a horseman... he hasn't done a thing interesting since his New Sun escapade. I hope he goes out with a bang, because hes not mentioned to be on any of the teams after Apocalypse is through with the Xmen.

If somehow Gambit does live on, I'll be pretty bumbed, because he has one of the greatest possibilities for a ressurrection story.

making Gambit Death is cool...and unexpected.

CrazyDragon
Originally posted by Mainstream
making Gambit Death is cool...and unexpected.

No, it's a stupid idea sad That makes him a Limbo for Apocalypse sad

bitca730
How so?

Disappear
Originally posted by CrazyDragon
He looks like the witness

that could very well be the point.

spoilers from 182, for anyone who hasn't read it. gazer and dr. foster are to fight to the death for the position of war, but ozymandias kills foster, puts gazer in his dept, and apparently wants to overthrow apocalypse. we also see apocalypse "recruit" sunfire, who is later chained to a wall and makes some effort to escape. we're also exposed to pestilence, who wears a big suit of armor and is seen absorbing a handful of deadly viruses which he can apparently hold onto and release at will. reminds me of the host, from the mystique series. i only assume it's a guy, though, as no gender is really given. the suit doesn't have boobs, though.

wasn't a particularly enthralling issue, and i'm still holding out for the idea that sunfire won't be a horseman, despite these obvious signs to the contrary.

King_Mungi
I wonder who Pestilence will end up being.

katie_girl09
Why is everyone so shocked at Gambit being War? What characteristics do you have to be each of the Horsemen? Someone please explain! I'm so in the dark! LOL!

Disappear
the horsemen don't really have set characteristics to make them each position. apocalypse usually dolls out war and death to the strongest, and famine and pestilence to the weaker, energy-based mutants. any "standards" you hear of are just fan conjecture.

CrazyDragon
Originally posted by katie_girl09
Why is everyone so shocked at Gambit being War? What characteristics do you have to be each of the Horsemen? Someone please explain! I'm so in the dark! LOL!

Gambit is "Death", not "War"...

katie_girl09
Originally posted by CrazyDragon
Gambit is "Death", not "War"...
My mistake. Death.

Mainstream
Death...Cajun Style.

CrazyDragon
I've heard that Apocalypse will offer Gambit an elixir to make him to one of his horsemen. Some says it's Apocalypses blood he'll drink.

It sounds so vampiric blink

CrazyDragon
sorry, double-post ^^"

Neptune
I am so looking forward to this. Finally Gambit has something to do. I kinda like the idea of him being a bad guy.

Marcus4600
Gambit is death
Sunfire is Famine
Gazer is War
and pestilence is up in the air at this point.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Neptune
I am so looking forward to this. Finally Gambit has something to do. I kinda like the idea of him being a bad guy.
yes

platformskater
I read somewhere Pestilence is either possibly (possible, not sure if the sources are correct) one of the two at the bottom. My guess would be that it's the first possiblitiyconsidering two of the revealed horsemen are in that list on uncannyxmen.net who are Sunfire and Gambit, and the person outside the list is Gazer.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Polaris or Leper Queen.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Darth Jello
you know, the only reason fish lips is even a character is cause at the last minute, they decided that daredevil second-stringer, the owl, would be a lame main villain for X-Factor, so they redrew him at the last minute

and your point is what exactly? confused

bitca730
So Polaris is Pestilence? Does anyone have any pictures of her in her Horseman costume?

chucktaylor
This is killing me! Suspense from Page 1 'till here!

I need to know what happens next!!!!

Disappear
she basically looks like a suit of armor. when she took the headpiece off, she had her own face, with some red splotches around the eyes. there should probably be an image of pestilence in her armor somewhere around the internet. google search, maybe.

platformskater
Polaris as Pestilence

Mana4X2
Oh my goodness, she looks awful! Gah, I don't like the concept of this one at all. Although, I must admit, Gambit's new look is growing on me.

But, urgh, Apocalypse is just so darn evil. Look what he's done to them. Yicky!!!!

Phoenix_Avatar9
ooh, thats... interesting

Deadpool14
Originally posted by platformskater
Polaris as Pestilence

wow, that doesn't even make sense

Xplosive
Well, at least he killed Dracula.

Fiann@
Originally posted by platformskater
Polaris as Pestilence WHAT? Polaris is one of the horsemen?

That cannot be Lorna...she has a new costume that looks nothing like that ?confused

*cries* she's one of my favs.. sad

Disappear
"she has a new costume that looks nothing like that" in brubaker's upcoming run on uncanny. until then, milligan can do what he wants with her. even if it's just writing a contrived, unimaginative and disinteresting story.

Deadpool14
how does being the mistress of magnetism go with pestilance? uh!

deathamtr1x
i dont like any of these choices. I would choose

The Shadow King
Proteus
Mr. Sinister
Black Heart

Disappear
she was depowered. apocalypse can repower depowered mutants in new and unusual ways. for example, see gazer. a monkey-looking guy who was immune to radiation. he loses his powers and is slowly dying of radiation poisoning in outer space. apocalypse grabs him out of nowhere and makes him quite the superhuman.

platformskater
It is weird what apocalypse does to certain mutants lol. It would have made sense to make someone like Havok War, due to his destructive power and all that, but it's a mystery. On the other hand, it's good because we get to see Polaris back in action!

Disappear
in issue 182, apocalypse explained that part of the reason he chooses who he chooses is because he's an arrogant prick. not in those words exactly, but basically.

chucktaylor
I'd think Sunfire is good as War. wink

It's good to see him do something nowadays.

chucktaylor
Waittamminnit!

Sorry for the double post but Sunfire is Famine, my mistake!

platformskater
It would have made sense to have him as War lol

chucktaylor
I know. Hahaha!

Since Sunfire was beaten in X-Men 184, who do you think will be the replacement?

platformskater
Not too sure, do you think they will have a replacement at this stage? I don't know Apocalypse well enough to know if he replaces his horsemen so quickly lol

chucktaylor
Well, if thats so that means Apocalypse doesnt have anymore Famines.

Disappear
sunfire outright said "tell your master he's lost his horseman." or something to that accord. and since it's so late in the game, as far as the arc goes, and we're just now learning who pestilence is, i truly doubt there'll be a replacement for shiro. if anything, apocalypse may have some failsafe that'll assure shiro's allegiance a la mind control. and i doubt that very much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.