Sexual Ambiguity of KMC posters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whobdamandog
Has anyone noticed as of late..that many posters who appear to be men..actually turn out to be chicks, and vice a versa? What's going on with this upsurge of androgyny? Should KMC make a requirement that a users "sex" should be displayed in every post to avoid any confusion?

Discuss

Clovie
I'm not having problems in this area.

with exception for TigerLover embarrasment

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Has anyone noticed as of late..that many posters who appear to be men..actually turn out to be chicks, and vice a versa? What's going on with this upsurge of androgyny? Should KMC make a requirement that a users "sex" should be displayed in every post to avoid any confusion?

Discuss

I've had that confuse me more than once. I think I'm talking to a girl when I'm talking to a guy.

Why does a guy put a girl in his avatar?

whobdamandog
You're a female right Shaky?

Clovie
You're a female right Shaky? *cough*guy*cough* huh

Alpha Centauri
If people are stupid enough to have severe problems just asking if a poster is a guy or girl or not then I don't think they deserve to be catered for.

-AC

TwisterGameX
1. I doubt they will tell you the truth, and 2. who cares...and if you really know the person then they should be honest enough.

Shakyamunison
You're a female right Shaky?

Have you looked at my profile? I am male!

The Lotus flower is a cymbal of the simultaneous of cause and effect (karma). I am a devout Nichiren Buddhist.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I've had that confuse me more than once. I think I'm talking to a girl when I'm talking to a guy.

Why does a guy put a girl in his avatar? well as a "guy"....i'd rather see a hot chick on my avvy than some dude....know wot i mean?

Shakyamunison

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Have you looked at my profile? I am male!

The Lotus flower is a cymbal of the simultaneous of cause and effect (karma). I am a devout Nichiren Buddhist.

See that's what I'm talking about..Feceman referred to you as "her" in another thread. I'm so confused...laughing laughing

Same thing happened with xmarksthespot. Backfire referred to him as "she"..lol..

What's going on?!! Are you guys trying to confuse the masses?!!!

Fëanor

whobdamandog

Shakyamunison
See that's what I'm talking about..Feceman referred to you as "her" in another thread. I'm so confused...laughing laughing

Same thing happened with xmarksthespot. Backfire referred to him as "she"..lol..

What's going on?!! Are you guys trying to confuse the masses?!!!

Feceman just likes to give me a bad time. I call him Faceman and he refers to me as her. We are just joking, I think. laughing

Shakyamunison
Good thing too..no offense dude..but if you were indeed a woman..you wouldn't exactly be the belle of the ball.

Was that an insult? confused If it was, it was the strangest one ever heard. laughing

soleran30
If someone wants to post without a gender reference power to them does it really matter at the end of the day on the net?

BobbyD
I'll say it is unusual, but doens't bother me in the slightest.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by soleran30
If someone wants to post without a gender reference power to them does it really matter at the end of the day on the net?

It is only my problem, I make assumptions based on gender.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by soleran30

No actually it doesn't. Most of this thread was just based on the two incidents I mentioned above..about Shaky and X. Not a real serious issue, rather a satirical one. Man...I didn't think you guys would take this topic soo seriously..lol.

Maya Zurak
When I dunno if the poster is male or female
i just look at her/his profile
big grin

TwisterGameX
I am really a girl posing as a guy.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
I am really a girl posing as a guy.

Why not just get a sex change? My only guess is that it is cheaper to just pretend on the internet to be the opposite sex, than to have the actual operation.

whobdamandog
I think a new type of gender orientation has been established for the new millinium.

First came

Homosexual

Then came..

Lesbian

Then came..

Bisexual..

Next...

Transexual

Next..

Metrosexual

And now..for the year 2006..we have a new type of "sexual orientation"..that of the..

"cyber-sexual"

laughing laughing

def:

cyber-sexual - Person on the internet who claims to be a particular gender..but in reality is a different gender.

Fin.

Maya Zurak
laughing crazy messed

_Sanctuary_

Fëanor
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
It does! Do I really come accross as a guy?!?! um....not to me confused

T.V.O.T.I.

Discuss
why does it matter if I am a guy or girl? I am not trying to **** anyone on KMC. erm

TwisterGameX
tv is a boy..100% sure..I seeen him post that long ago

Evil Genius
Creshosk I think is a girl pretending to be a boy check out his sigs

Tha C-Master
I think a new type of gender orientation has been established for the new millinium.

First came

Homosexual

Then came..

Lesbian

Then came..

Bisexual..

Next...

Transexual

Next..

Metrosexual

And now..for the year 2006..we have a new type of "sexual orientation"..that of the..

"cyber-sexual"

laughing laughing

def:

cyber-sexual - Person on the internet who claims to be a particular gender..but in reality is a different gender.

Fin. lol, oh and creshosk was hiding that for a LONG time, even claiming to be a hermaphrodite...

Evil Genius
perhaps he is a hermaphrodite, he certainly seems sissy!

TwisterGameX
Leave cresh alone..he is a man bot like he says

Tha C-Master
Twister comes in once again to lend creshosk a helping hand... wink

Trickster
Originally posted by Evil Genius
Creshosk I think is a girl pretending to be a boy check out his sigs

You think Cresh is a girl, yet it's 'his' sigs?

tabby999
i've been referred to as "her" or "she" many times. honestly, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't add or subtract from anything i've saids validity

Evil Genius
Leave cresh alone..he is a man bot like he says

Cresh has a sissy sig.

smile

Tha C-Master
You should have that as YOUR sig...

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
lol, oh and creshosk was hiding that for a LONG time, even claiming to be a hermaphrodite...

Is he a girl?

TwisterGameX
Twister comes in once again to lend creshosk a helping hand... wink

How about you..shut the **** up and stop with your fantasies smile

Tha C-Master
Weren't you the one trying to call him gay when he was against you in the Snake thread? Why are you latched onto his testicles, Ihatecmaster, um... I mean twister?

TwisterGameX
Weren't you the one trying to call him gay when he was against you in the Snake thread? Why are you latched onto his testicles, Ihatecmaster, um... I mean twister?

Shut the **** up man. You bring shit up from over two months ago and been settled. If you accuse me again then...

Trickster
Fight, fight, fight, fight!

BackFire
C-Master, stop coming into threads for the sole purpose of harrassing other members. You've been warned about this before.

debbiejo
Hey, I'm a girl.....look at my profile...... roll eyes (sarcastic) ....If you can't tell.

Evil Genius
Originally posted by debbiejo
Hey, I'm a girl.....look at my profile...... roll eyes (sarcastic) ....If you can't tell.

Like Creshosk

TwisterGameX

*looks at profile* It says male no expression

shifty

BackFire
Evil Genius, stop making rude statements about other members.

Hit_and_Miss
thanks for banning him... I was fed up with the slandering I've gotten in another thread...

Not to mention its whirly socking...

debbiejo
Whirly???????......really.....Not whirly...he said I was cool....hahahahahaha blink

Tha C-Master
Shut the **** up man. You bring shit up from over two months ago and been settled. If you accuse me again then... Looks like I've touched a nerve...

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
thanks for banning him... I was fed up with the slandering I've gotten in another thread...

Not to mention its whirly socking... Man you know NOTHING about slander... have I got a story to tell.

BackFire
Last time, drop it.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Is he a girl? No me and him are close friends. It was an inside joke, if anyone claimed him to be a "he" he would say, "are you sure".

In fact, I still believe I have my "rate this guy" thread when I was posing on it, and he came on and said I was beyond a 10...

lol

Ronny
I have problems with this all the time erm it pissed me off. I mean honestly.

debbiejo
Sometimes It can get confusing...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Ronny
I have problems with this all the time erm it pissed me off. I mean honestly. Aren't you a girl... oh, I see the name? tsk tsk tsk, I don't pay attention to the name, I just usually guess correctly.

Victor Von Doom
People tend to assume I'm male.

BackFire
Well, you have a males name in your SN.

T.V.O.T.I.
tv is a boy..100% sure..I seeen him post that long ago
you are correct. plz spread the word.

Atlantis001
BTW, I am male !

debbiejo
I knew you were male.......But if more people would specify in their profile....It would help..Like Victor Von Doom.....I thought she was male also...

lil bitchiness

Discuss

Of people do not want to say what sex they are (and it isnt simple dichotomy for many people) then they shouldnt be forced to. Why does it even matter?!

Wonderer
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Of people do not want to say what sex they are (and it isnt simple dichotomy for many people) then they shouldnt be forced to. Why does it even matter?!

I think the sex of a person is just about the only thing that matters...that is for the ordinary, animalistic, primitive human. But for the developed, finer form of human being, it's the last thing that matters...except if this developed and more fine human being is really horny at the moment in question laughing

Shakyamunison

That is true, but if a girl is posing as a guy then she should not be offended if I say, "that guy is funny". big grin

I'm not saying that ever happened, I'm just paranoid. eek!

mechmoggy
Imagine my suprise when I met up with Tex, and found that he was actually straight!?!

The mind boggles... confused

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Imagine my suprise when I met up with Tex, and found that he was actually straight!?!

I know.

But he is oh so hot in bed eek!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mechmoggy

Ya, I know what you mean. In real life, I'm a computer nerd. eek! Hay, you are supposed to be surprised. stick out tongue

mechmoggy
I know.

But he is oh so hot in bed eek!

Oh yes. yes

The sexy bastard.

Victor Von Doom
I knew you were male.......But if more people would specify in their profile....It would help..Like Victor Von Doom.....I thought she was male also...

Told ya.

BackFire
You're not male Victor?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire
You're not male Victor?

This is what I have to put up with.

BackFire
Alright. Well I'll just continue to assume you're male then, since you have a males name in your SN.

Victor Von Doom
Alright. Well I'll just continue to assume you're male then, since you have a males name in your SN.

Although I'm not, you should know, actually the fictional Marvel character Victor von Doom, if that helps.

TwisterGameX
Virctor you are so male..I think you said it before in the vs forum

Victor Von Doom
Virctor you are so male..I think you said it before in the vs forum

What, 'Hello, I'm male'?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I'm male

yes unless you say other wise shifty

BackFire
Okay, I'll just start referring to everyone who, for reasons unknown, refuse to put their gender in their profile and then complain when people make assumptions about their gender, as a "shim".

TwisterGameX
Okay, I'll just start referring to everyone who, for reasons unknown, refuse to put their gender in their profile and then complain when people make assumptions about their gender, as a "shim".

laughing out loud Or an it

is backfire female(to lazy to look in profile) shifty

BackFire
No, I had no trouble taking 1/4 of a second to click my gender when I made my account those 4 years ago.

TwisterGameX
No, I had no trouble taking 1/4 of a second to click my gender when I made my account those 4 years ago.

laughing out loud

BackFire
Though, I know some people who click the incorrect gender on purpose (Tex) just to **** with people. Tex was supposed to be male, but we all know he was really a female hooker. I'd rather someone simply not admit to their gender then lie about it.

TwisterGameX
Though, I know some people who click the incorrect gender on purpose (Tex) just to **** with people. Tex was supposed to be male, but we all know he was really a female hooker.

laughing out loud thanks for the info.

Victor Von Doom
Anthropologically speaking, gender needn't be sex anyway.

Shakyamunison

Maybe he/she doesn't know what gender they are.
It really makes it hard to write.

Syren
I'm really a man eyes

mechmoggy
Oh great, does that mean I'm gay? confused

Bun Bun
I have though i have been talking to a guy and its a girl and viza versa but i learned if I really start talking to someone to look at their profile or ask. smartass

And I've never ran into someone acting as a diff sex before...(yet)

Capt_Fantastic
If anyone was wondering, I'm a man.

But, I'm fairly certain that everyone knows that to be fact.

Wild Cherry
Originally posted by Bun Bun
I have though i have been talking to a guy and its a girl and viza versa but i learned if I really start talking to someone to look at their profile or ask. smartass

And I've never ran into someone acting as a diff sex before...(yet) what about me? big grin... jpjp stick out tongue

Fëanor
Originally posted by Syren
I'm really a man eyes and you're my kind of man!!! flirt

xmarksthespot
VVD isn't a guy? confused

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

confused I know.

And am I really 9?

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

no expression

Victor Von Doom
I am male, I just found the assumption of interest.

debbiejo
I don't believe you anymore....

Eis
Syren once refered to me as a she. laughing out loud
I'm a guy.

Victor Von Doom
I don't believe you anymore....

Good, because I was lying.

debbiejo
^you know you are disturbing many people here.... confused

lil bitchiness

''Shim''!! What the hell...? lol

botankus
confused I know.

And am I really 9?
Who said you were 9? That's a couple of years away, now.

debbiejo
I'm a brilliant 9 smart I'm in the top 99.9999 percentile for my age..

Fëanor
Originally posted by Eis
Syren once refered to me as a she. laughing out loud
I'm a guy. i woulda probably thought you were a girl too, since your avvy and sig kinda makes me think that your a "fangirl"...

Tha C-Master
Well i'm really a chick, a hot chick though...

Sir Whirlysplat
Whirly???????......really.....Not whirly...he said I was cool....hahahahahaha blink

I think that proves E.G. wasn't me Bebbie smile

pr1983
Well i'm really a chick, a hot chick though...

Damn you and your hottness... stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
Hell with it all!

Sir Whirlysplat
Having read this thread I have one question - Where is Crehosk? smile

Imperial_Samura
I actually found this in my earlier days, and after some mistakes vowed never to refer to "him"or "her"again, as sometimes I really couldn't tell. Still, I'm good now, no real problem anymore, though I will still avoid gender assumption I think, just to be on the safe side.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I actually found this in my earlier days, and after some mistakes vowed never to refer to "him"or "her"again, as sometimes I really couldn't tell. Still, I'm good now, no real problem anymore, though I will still avoid gender assumption I think, just to be on the safe side. Yeah, I do the same. When I first got on the boards, I'd be looking at the Avatar pic., and assume if it had a female pic, they were female, and same for male...It's funny how people put the opposite of their sex as an avatar pic....I don't refer to someones's gender unless I'm sure or it's in their profile...

Imperial_Samura
Exactly, a kindred spirit I see in the wide world of forum diplomacy. I wonder why that is with the avatar pics?

debbiejo
^ I don't know...maybe someone should ask them...about the opposite avatar pic thingie....Maybe it's more younger posters, and their hottie dream person...

Sir Whirlysplat
B?ut Bebbie you're a guy....... right?

debbiejo
Yes I am and only 9 too... shifty

Imperial_Samura
And here I was thinking that the Internet transcended gender

Sir Whirlysplat
Yes I am and only 9 too... shifty

I'll ring Gary Glitter now. no expression

botankus
Yeah, I do the same. When I first got on the boards, I'd be looking at the Avatar pic., and assume if it had a female pic, they were female,

Okay, what about users with avatars featuring women in spandex?

Sir Whirlysplat
And here I was thinking that the Internet transcended gender

I think it does in some places but because of the generally young age on KMC, thats never going to be the case here.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Having read this thread I have one question - Where is Crehosk? smile lol

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Okay, what about users with avatars featuring women in spandex? Hmmmm...let me take a shot... if they're female posters, maybe it's an association of what they hope to be?....If they're male, it's what they want!.. huh

Sir Whirlysplat
Hmmmm...let me take a shot... if they're female posters, maybe it's an association of what they hope to be?....If they're male, it's what they want!.. huh

Agreed in the Comics forum, we have "GS" or Galactic Storm to give him/her its full name, the most sexually ambiguous member - He loves the fact people confuse him with a girl. Which is fair enough, it floats his boat. I will try and get him to post in this thread. He is Creshosks best friend confused

smile

But what about when I was Princess Diana?

What does that say about me?

botankus
Okay, Debs, based on that theory, you desire to be like the chick in your avatar? Who is that, BTW?

debbiejo
I chose that avatar pic because she looks kinda dreamy, in thought and I was told I resemble her somewhat in some of my home pics...

Here's the whole pic.

Sir Whirlysplat
I chose that avatar pic because she looks kinda dreamy, in thought and I was told I resemble her somewhat in some of my home pics...

Here's the whole pic.

Do you have a pic Bebbie?

debbiejo
Do you have a pic Bebbie? laughing out loud Why, you check me out now? laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
laughing out loud Why, you check me out now? laughing out loud

yes

Tha C-Master
Agreed in the Comics forum, we have "GS" or Galactic Storm to give him/her its full name, the most sexually ambiguous member - He loves the fact people confuse him with a girl. Which is fair enough, it floats his boat. I will try and get him to post in this thread. He is Creshosks best friend confused

smile

But what about when I was Princess Diana?

What does that say about me? Thats wrong lol.

Imperial_Samura
Same with my pic, it pretty much a self portrait, what following the industrial accident at the soviet flag factory and all...

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, I've been told I look like the guy in my avatar.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, I've been told I look like the guy in my avatar. Yeah, cause it's you! cool

debbiejo
Same with my pic, it pretty much a self portrait, what following the industrial accident at the soviet flag factory and all... laughing out loud laughing out loud Yeah, It's hard to see your face...I try and try to make out the features.....but no luck.......

But it's funny though in your typing, I imagine you have an accent or something....you come across British to me..

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, cause it's you! cool

Oh yeah...

Sir Whirlysplat
If you've seen my pic in the members thread you know I look nothing like the blonde Aryan in my sig.

debbiejo
If you've seen my pic in the members thread you know I look nothing like the blonde Aryan in my sig. You've been so many things, I've given up on you Princess..... confused

Imperial_Samura
laughing out loud laughing out loud Yeah, It's hard to see your face...I try and try to make out the features.....but no luck.......

But it's funny though in your typing, I imagine you have an accent or something....you come across British to me..

Yeah, it was a pain trying to get into the US, even though I answered no on the "Have you ever been part of the Communist party" question they didn't believe me. Guess they just didn't like the look of me.

And your quite right, I do have something of an English/Irish accent, I am descended from the merry Leprechauns of the Emerald Island (the English part.) Which is good, I quite like the English accent.

debbiejo

And your quite right, I do have something of an English/Irish accent, I am descended from the merry Leprechauns of the Emerald Island (the English part.) Which is good, I quite like the English accent. Really? roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

I think it would be an interesting psychology paper to write up on why posters chose what they do....

Imperial_Samura
Most certainly, maybe even a doctoral thesis, which would be grand, now just to find a psychologist to write it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Most certainly, maybe even a doctoral thesis, which would be grand, now just to find a psychologist to write it.

a lot of what I do on here is to examine reactions to stimuli, you think you know how people will react to things on here, but you can never be sure.

Imperial_Samura
True, true. The human mind and personality is a complex puzzle with many variables and forms. Fascinating to be sure.

Sir Whirlysplat
There are some very predictable characters who shall remain nameless though shifty

debbiejo
It's very interesting, yes...The longer I'm here, the more you can pick up on certain personality traits. You pretty much can see how certain members will react to certain topics.....Many times you can tell if a person is male or female just from how they write, not always though....If KMC didn't have such things as avatar pics. It would force people to look more into how things are said, maybe, to make a judgment if its coming from a male or female...

Fëanor
lucky for me i am not anything like my avvy...if i were, i'd be staring at myself all day, among other things.

Syren

debbiejo

A.D. Skinner
There was a coo in the LOTR Forum regarding something along these lines...

I won't name names....but a certain member who was pretending to be a male, was female....and underaged as well ! ( tsk tsk )

Bushwacker
What does it matter what picture they use? For that matter what does it matter what sex they are? Are you here to discuss the topics, or here trolling for a date?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.