Relegion, A Hoax?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
I don't see how people still belive in Relegion, that is with all the inconsistancies. Not every relegion can be right, and most likely, they are all wrong. Throughout history, relegious figures have been thought of very highly. This was probably the origional intent of relegion, to gain personal power and explain the unexplainable to the unruly masses. Religions have been made and then the next one comes along and says you are wrong, and we are right... then another religion comes around.

Background Information on religion for me: I never learned much about relegion, but it is important to me that people keep reigion, so I am sort of a hippocrit. If someone were to disprove God(s), then everyone would have no limits and fear no eternal damnation. There is no way to prove or disprove God(s), so I am unsure about it. Whether there is a god, many gods, whether we are gods, whether or not it knows or even cares about us, is so unsure to me that it is tough for me to take it. People say they know god is there, and I say they have no faith. It can't be proven, but since they are sure, they have no faith, because they know it is there, instaed of just beliving. I think God is sort of an imaginary friend for the Human race.

P.S. I am in keyboarding class and at my home computer, I can't log in, so I most likely will just be able to post when I have spare time in class, but I will read it at home. I would love to hear what everyone has to say, and thanks for your opinions.

Koala MeatPie
punk

debbiejo
Sounds like your confused...LOL.....I do believe that what we would call god is more than any one book can hold........It's grand and is not judgemental, it evolves, and we are part of it.

jollyjim311
Okay, those are your beleifs, but what I'm saying is that if you belive that, and Bhuddists beleive another thing, and Christians something different... if God is there, how come everyone has made up different origions for it and foe people and plants and so on. There is not even one definite in every relegion, how can they be right.

They are all different and it makes no common sense for there to be a God(s). There are scienctific facts that prove wrong many different aspects of certain relegions. If they are all so different, including what you belive, then how can we be sure that any are right. We can't. They are probably all wrong.

Storm
There are several different types of religion in the world. They are all similar enough to come together in the category called religion, but they are also different enough that be divided into sub-categories. These categories are not all mutually exclusive. This means that it is not the case that a religion must be a part of one and thus cannot be a part of any of the others. It isn' t unusual for a religion to be a part of two or even more groupings.

This desire to find meaning is probably a principle explanation for the perpetuation of religion in modern society.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Okay, those are your beleifs, but what I'm saying is that if you belive that, and Bhuddists beleive another thing, and Christians something different... if God is there, how come everyone has made up different origions for it and foe people and plants and so on. There is not even one definite in every relegion, how can they be right.

They are all different and it makes no common sense for there to be a God(s). There are scienctific facts that prove wrong many different aspects of certain relegions. If they are all so different, including what you belive, then how can we be sure that any are right. We can't. They are probably all wrong.

Well for one, Buddhists do not believe in God, or a sole creator of any kind for that matter, so it does not fall into the category in which monotheist religions, such as Judaism and Islam do. Christianity is more of a polytheist religion, compared to Judaism and Islam, with the whole Jesus being God thing, and the father than son, and the holy gost thing as well.

As for the rest - no religion is absolutely original - they all spun from one another, and then they were mixed with their pagan roots and believes - each religion is subject to the culture of people which practice it.

debbiejo
Truth, many same miracles, and stories, but different names depending on the regions they originated from and spun off..

Storm
Christianity, for example, is deeply in debt to older mythologies for a lot of its beliefs and ideas.

ushomefree
Storm

Christianity claims to be a faith based on real-space-time events, not mythology or wishful thinking. Without the belief in the resurrection, Christianity would have forever been silenced. Only, and only a resurrection would guarantee its survival. Even the Apostles themselves denied the notion that Jesus had risen. They simply didn't believe it, until they saw Jesus in person. Completely understandable. If someone came to you and stated that Albert Einstein rose from the dead, would you believe it? Of course not, but if you saw him in person you would. All scriptures relating to Jesus were written during the lifetime of the eye witnesses. Over 500 people saw Him and worshipped. And, in the end died for it. I wouldn't die over a lie! Read your Bible my friend, and study secular history. There are sources even outside the Bible that speak about the resurrection of Jesus. Other religions are based on the "feeling" that it is true, and or cutural based.

lil bitchiness

Christianity is not a polytheistic religion. It is a monotheistic religion. Christianity holds that God is triune, consisting of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit coming from the same essence.

jollyjim311

All religions are not true. Very true. If a religion doesn't correlate with reality, head for the nearest exit! Some people tend to think that everything is subjective, and that truth is an illusion. I remind people of their false assumption simply by asking them to give me all the cash in their wallet. They always say no. Why I ask? All they have to do is believe that they still have the money in their wallet (ha ha ha)! But, they no better. The money would be gone. There are many objective truths to religion as well. You just have to study and sift through the facts. Your right, we can never prove anything absolute. With objective truth, you are looking for practical truth. If two holy books claim to have prophecy, and history proves one wrong or fraudulent, throw it away and move on to the other. It's that simple. Apathy my friend is not always the best solution. Seek knowledge! It will not fall into your lap.

Hello debbiejo, its good to see that you are still here. smile

debbiejo
Howdy ushomefree...glad to see you're back....But post Jesus era, the people who claimed to of seen him can be taken from sources to mean something different, since documents have been doctored......I don't deny that there could of been a Jesus, of course, but his followers have been portrayed by many different beliefs to mean many different things...I think his message, if he did exist and not meaning what the Roman Catholic church did to portray him as god, you would have to see that someone of his knowledge would have to be beyond a book....It's the message of Loving each other.....Mythologies were thrown in to bring in the Pagans at time went on...All for unification....A new empire.His divinity wasn't even agreed on until later councils....

And when you study and sift, youre bound to loose your religion...

Storm
Originally posted by ushomefree
Storm

Christianity claims to be a faith based on real-space-time events, not mythology or wishful thinking. Without the belief in the resurrection, Christianity would have forever been silenced. Only, and only a resurrection would guarantee its survival. Even the Apostles themselves denied the notion that Jesus had risen. They simply didn't believe it, until they saw Jesus in person. Completely understandable. If someone came to you and stated that Albert Einstein rose from the dead, would you believe it? Of course not, but if you saw him in person you would. All scriptures relating to Jesus were written during the lifetime of the eye witnesses. Over 500 people saw Him and worshipped. And, in the end died for it. I wouldn't die over a lie! Read your Bible my friend, and study secular history. There are sources even outside the Bible that speak about the resurrection of Jesus. Other religions are based on the "feeling" that it is true, and or cutural based.

An inscription in the Vatican states plainly, "He who will not eat of my body, nor drink of my blood, so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved." This is not terribly surprising, unless you consider that this is inscribed on the remains of the temple the Vatican was built on, one dedicated to the God Mithras.
Mithras was known to his followers as "The light of the world," or "The good shepherd," and exhorted his followers to share ritual communion. Mithras was also reputedly born in a cave, with shepherds in attendance, on the twenty-fifth of December.

Thousands of years before Jesus, there was another passion story told about a God man, born of a virgin mother, in a stable. He travels about with his followers, preaching and performing miracles, including turning water into wine. Eventually, he incurs the wrath of the religious authorities, who are appalled that he refers to himself as a god. He allows himself to be arrested and tried for blasphemy. He is found guilty and executed, only to rise from the grave three days later, where the women weeping at his tomb do not recognize him until he assumes his divine form, as the God Dionysus.

These coincidences so disturbed one early Christian church father, Justin Martyr, that he accused the devil of sending an imitator of Christ in advance.

Common to all of these 'mystery' religions (so called because one was required to be initiated or baptized into the faith to learn its doctrines), including early Christianity, are themes of rebirth, redemption, and the transmission of life-changing information. So many religions in those times shared similar themes with that usually the deities became melded together. Early depictions of Jesus show him holding the Lyre of Orpheus, or driving Apollo's chariot. A talisman bearing the crucified likeness of Osirus-Dionysus is inscribed Orpheus/Bacchus.

debbiejo
Very true, and Paul lived at a time when Mithra worship was very popular, and incorperated teachings into his beliefs also.........Jesus and Orsirus-Dionysus are too simular to discount and much older......A god man.

ushomefree
Yeah, and only Jesus is talked about today. Go figure.

debbiejo
Yeah, and only Jesus is talked about today. Go figure. Because of the Roman Catholic supremacy which spawned off the protestant movement.....I never said I don't believe in miracles....just that his message was distorted....A god wouldn't set man made rules...It would be beyond such petty human conceptions.

ushomefree
debbiejo

Biblical scripture has not been doctored (ha ha ha)! That is ridiculous. The Dead Sea scrolls verify that found about 50 years ago. Give me a break.

debbiejo
debbiejo

Biblical scripture has not been doctored (ha ha ha)! That is ridiculous. The Dead Sea scrolls verify that found about 50 years ago. Give me a break. Only Isaiah has been found to be intact with only a few minor mistakes as far as I know, but out of over 100 or so texts, why were only 4 Gospels chosen?....

ushomefree
The Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1947-48. accidently by a Bedouin shepard searching a cave in the Qumran region near the Dead Sea, the scrolls have been hidden by the Essenes (a Jewish sect similar to the Pharisees and Sadducees) just prior to the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. It took almost 20 years to uncover all the scrolls and bring them together in one location.

The discorvery includes thousands of fragments and some complete scolls found in 11 caves. In total, about 800 scrolls have been identified, which include copies of every book of the Old Testament (except Esther), along with a number of other scrolls relevant to history and to the Essene community. Several scrolls exist in multiple copies. Many of the oldest scrolls (including the remarkably intact scroll of Isaiah) were written more than 200 years before Christ (long before the fulfillment of prophecies they contain about the coming Messiah).

In addition to the Dead Sea Scrolls, some of the most important biblical writings, of the thousands available, are the following:

Rylans Papyrus (A.D. 115 - A.D. 125), Bodmer Papyri (A.D. 150 - A.D. 200), Chester Beatty Papyri (A.D. 100 - A.D. 300), Codex Vaticanus (Early 300s) Codex Sinaiticus (Early 300s), and The Vulgate (A.D. 400).

ushomefree
Which other Gospels? Are you hinting to the Gospel of Thomas?

debbiejo
Yes, I know about the dead sea scrolls, and there were more than what is mentioned in the Bible....also, the only one that could be made legible was Isaiah....the others were fragments, copies of copies....the Vulgate is Latin and can't be considered since it was tampered with by the Roman Church....Many other writings were only interpretations of what they thought, not actually original writings....

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible2.htm

There is no original writings...they are fragments...................

debbiejo
Which other Gospels? Are you hinting to the Gospel of Thomas? Many writings, but here are a few.

Secret book according to John
Revelation of Adam
Reality of the Rulers' Perfect Intellect
First thought in Three Forms
Holy Book of the Great Invisible Spirit of Egyption Gospel
Zostranos
Three Tablets of Seth
Satorninos according to St. Irenaeus
Gnostics according to St. Irenaeus
Gnostics according to Porphyry
The Sethians according to Epiphanius
The Archontics
Valentinus
Adam's faculity of Speech
The Gospel of Truth
Ptolemy's Version
A prayer of Paul the Apostle
]The Gospel According to Philip
Book of Thomas
Writings of Basilides
Fragments of Lost works
The State of Virtue
The Elect Transcend of World
The Hermetic Corpus
Other writings by Paul
James, Jesus' Brother

ushomefree
debbiejo

I read quickly through the attachement you sent. It sounds like it talks about the birth of Christian denominations? I will read it later to verify. I have other obligations at the moment.

Just to comment quickly on the Dead Sea Scrolls, who cares that most were fragmented and that Isaiah was the only one fully intact? What about the 24,000 or so original manuscripts found before the Dead Sea Scrolls pertaining to Jesus Christ? The scriptures today are the same as yesterday. The theology may be different, but not the scriptures. Have you ever read the many versions, and compared them youself? They say the same thing, just worded differently. I really don't understand you point. But I do appreciate the conversation. I really do.

Please debbiejo, explain away prophecy. If the Bible is a book that people have destroyed over the years munipulating; a difference of white to black... how came all the accurate prophecy? Mormans and Jehovah's Witnesses for example change the biblical scripture, and even add their own books to them, but not Christians. The bible has a textual accuracy of 99.5 percent. The only reason it is not 100 percent is because commas or things of the sort are out of place, not the message.

I'll be around. We will talk more. Take care.

debbiejo
The attachment was showing that only Isaiah was the original dead sea scroll found to be intact and somewhat accurate....For the rest, there are only segments taken from other interpretations to make a text....As for the other ideologies of Jesus, It's up to interpretations....many interpretations by the early fathers of the church.....For conformism....The prophecies are interesting though....Some would think they were edited in at a later date.....

Would you like to give some examples please, would be much appreciated.....And can also be interpretative differently without a denominational view....

Look forwared to it also Ushomefree.... smile

ushomefree
debbiejo

Examples of biblical prophecy will have to wait. I apologize. I lent a handful of books regarding the topic to a co-worker. When he is finished with them, I will relay a few examples. I may even open a thread on the subject? His arguments mirror so many others, that scripture was munipulated by desperate persons bent on power or whatever, to give the illusion that prophecy is historical fact. Prophecy is a key standard the Bible tells us to use to test whether something is truly from God (Deuteronomy 18:19-22). ONLY the Holy Bible makes such a claim! And yet, so many do not.

People are subjected to mainstream ideas and or theories, and they embrace them without any research. Does self imposed philosophy pave the way to truth? How about skimming through a handful of websites? With all the sincerity that one can muster, the answer is no. Bible study is NEVER ending. People have studied the Bible all their lives, and they still have questions that haven't been answered in the end. The Bible is deep, and it demands thorough investigation. People that represent their belief system with the opening phrase "I think" gains zero credibility. I don't care about what you think. What do the facts say?

It's interesting, that all world religions are considered worthy of respect... except Christianity. Apparently, Jesus Christ offends people. A month ago, I was engaged in conversation regarding the resurrection of Jesus Christ when somone over heard me and stated, "Jesus Christ was just a man, and He is dead." "Really," I responded, "what proof do you have?" He presented conspiracy theories ranging from Jesus's body being stolen, gaurds being paid off, gaurds falling asleep, and early Christians (or Disciples) deceiving the masses with an imposter. "Do you know what all these theories have in common?" I asked. He looked at me with a smirk on his face, but had nothing to say. I responded, "Not one of them said that the tomb wasn't empty!" "I never realized that before," he exclaimed, "that is interesting." "Yes," I said in delight, "all they had to do is present his dead body to end all the madness, but they didn't!"

The Jews knew that the tomb was empty! So they proposed and cooked up countless conspiracy theories to decieve the early Christians. Apparently, their efforts were not as powerful and evident as the risen Jesus.

debbiejo
Jesus doesn't offend me at all...............but me tired and gonna go to bed....I'll look more at this tomorrow.....yawn

Thanks Ushomefree.

lil bitchiness

lil bitchiness

Christianity is not a polytheistic religion. It is a monotheistic religion. Christianity holds that God is triune, consisting of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit coming from the same essence.

And that idea was taken from Hinduism by Christians. Belief in one supreme being or reality. The father, the son and the holy ghost - Krishna, Vishnu and Shiva.

Christmas' date is a pagan holiday - Jesus was born somewhere around March, NOT december.

Easter, egg colouring etc etc, is pagan festival of reproduction and fertality...etc...etc.
Mass as well, the whole jesus' body and jesus blood is also pagan belief of ''eating gods'' to become like them...

etc...

ushomefree
lil bitchiness

Your message was a little short sighted. No pun intended. Please read.

The origins of Hinduism can be traced back to around 1500 B.C. in what is now India. It began as a polytheistic and ritualistic religion. The rituals were at first simple enough to be performed by the head of the household. As the centuries passed, however, they became increasingly complex. As a result, it became neccessary to create a priestly class and to train those priests to perform the rituals corrrectly. During this time, the Vedas were written to give the priests instructions as to how to perform the rituals.

As a result of the emphasis on the rituals, the priests became the sole means by which the people could approach and appease the gods. Because of their position as mediators with hte gods, the priests gained an increasing amount of power and control over the lives of the people. Finally, around 600 B.C., the people revolted. The form of Hinduism that emerged after the revolt emphasized the importance of internal mediation as opposed to the external rituals.

Between 800 to 300 B.C. the Upanishads were written. The Upanishads, also called Vedanta (the end of conclusion of the Vedas) are the Hindu equivalent of hte New Testament, The Upanishads expound the idea that behind the many gods stands one Reality, which is called Brahman. Brahman is an impersonal, monistic (all in one) force. The highest form of Brahman is called nirguna, which means "without attributes or qualities."

Even after the Upanishads were written, the Hindu concept of god continued to develop. It developed in the direction of God being personal. Nirguna Brahman became saguna Brahman, which is Brahman "with attributes." This personified form of Brahman is also called Ishvara.

According to Hindu tradition, Ishvara became known to humanity through the Trimurti (literally, "three manifestations"wink of Brahman. Those manifestations include Brahman (the Creator), Vishnu (the Preserver), and Siva (the Destroyer). Each of the three deities has at least one devi, or divine spouse.

Ishvara became personified even further through the ten mythical incarnations of Vihnu, called avators. The forms of these incarnations include that of animals (for example, a fish, tourtoise, and boar) and of persons (for example, Rama, Krishna, Buddha). Epics such as the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, which includes the popular Bhagavad-Gita, tell the stories of these myths. Beyond the principal deities of hte Trimurti and the avators, it is estimated that there are 330 million other gods in Hinduism.

Besides the religion's various concepts of God, Hindusim can also be divided along the lines of whether the physical universe is considered to be real or illusionary (maya). The nondualistic (advaita) see Brahman alone as being real and the world illusionary. The qualified nondualists (vishishtadvaita) affirm the reality of both Brahman and the universe in that the universe is extended from the Being of Brahman. And the dualists (dvaita) see Brahman and the universe as being two distinct realities.

In the course of its history, Hinduism has spawned three religious movements that have since become world religions: Jainism, Buddhism, and Skihism. Although Hindusim is tremendously divers, most Hindus hold to the following beliefs: the impersonal Nature of Brahman, the Brahman/Atman Unity, the Law of Karma, Samsara (Reincarnation), and Moksha (Liberation).

Hinduism and Christianity are completely different! Buy a book on world religions and compare the two, and learn more about the birth of them. This is just a brief summary. Give me a break please (ha ha ha)!

Regarding Christmas, neither the New Testament nor any historical record marks the exact date of Jesus's birth. As a result, the Church initially considered many different dates including, Januray 2, March 21, March 25, April 18, April 19, May 20, May 28, November 17, and November 20. The Western Church first observed December 25 in the fourth century, and eventually Eastern Churches followed suit.

Some people criticize that Christmas has its origins as a pagan holiday. Some truth lies in the notion, considering that the timing of December 25 was selected to line up with several pagan Roman holidays that celebrated the winter solstice and worship of the sun. However, Church leaders didn't see matching the date as comprimising Christian teaching with the culture. Responding to any criticism, a fourth-century bishop remarked, "We hold this day holy, not like the pagans because of the birth of the sun, but because of Him who made it."

Most of the traditional customs of Christmas, such as gift giving, tree decorations, light hanging, and feasting, come from sources other than the Chruch.

Easter? No one knows for certain where the term Easter came from, but one theory is that it's derived from the Anglo-Saxon goddess Eostre, who was connected with fertility and spring. If so, Christians named their high holy day Easter aiming to replace the pagan celebration of spring with their own holiday, like they did with Christmas. Easter is also often known as Pasch, which comes from the Hebrew word Pesach, meaning "Passover." Some Protestants prefer to call it simply Resurrection Day to remove the commecialized baggage that they see associated with the holy day.

In addition, the Easter bunny has pagan origins and has no real connection with the Christian celebration, although some churches use eggs as a metaphor for the new life Christians receive because of the Resurrection.

lil bitchiness
a) If you are to answer my question, do so with your own words, rather than ''copy and pase''.

If you are already gonna do that, CREDIT THE SOURCE.

That said, If you yourself had a slightest idea about Hinduism you wouldnt need random site to quote in order to explain something about it to me. I know plenty about Hinduism.

Christianity has taken so much from all other religions, its unbelievable, begining from Judaism to Hinduism, to paganism. Much like every other religion.

No religion is complitely original, and thus no organised religion can be the right one. Christianity is especailly included.

ushomefree
lil bitchiness

I did not copy and paste the information presented in my last message. I referenced material from "The Compact Guide To World Religions" written by Dean C. Halverson. I purchased the book, and simply wanted to present an accurate account of Hinduism. I apologize for being thorough. Buy the book, and educate yourself on the uniqueness of Christianity.

Judaism and Christianity branch out from the Old Testament. Jesus Christ created Christianity at the completion of His resurrection. And people responded. Converts of Christianity simply recognized prophecy regarding the Messiah that God promised in the Old Testament; Jews did not. Christians didn't borrow anything.

Hinduism sprung around the time the book of Genesis was written by Moses. Hinduism since its birth, has EVOLVED over the years, to include the concept of god(s). The trimurti of Brahman was established between 800 to 300 B.C. In what way have Christians borrowed or shared Hindu beliefs?

Paganism is a polytheistic religion, and is not based on doctrine or liturgy. Paganism covers a wide host of beliefs, to include the worship of goddesses. Christianity on the other hand is based on doctrine; the Word of God, and is monotheistic. I really don't understand your point. They are totally opposite.

I am not trying to argue with you. I'm just having a discussion.

jollyjim311
Many Religions have "EVOLVED" to seem more believable and to suit the times. It all seems so... lame to me. Like I said before, there is nothing definite in all Religions, they all seem completely seperate and made up to me.

It was good when you could use it to explain things that were above you, but now, there is really no need for it. We have disproved so many aspects... once these are definite, the religions will probably "EVOLVE" again until the point where they are ridiculously far off from the origional religion, but people will still belive them anyway.

It all seems like a hoax that got out of hand to me.

lil bitchiness
lil bitchiness

I did not copy and paste the information presented in my last message. I referenced material from "The Compact Guide To World Religions" written by Dean C. Halverson. I purchased the book, and simply wanted to present an accurate account of Hinduism. I apologize for being thorough. Buy the book, and educate yourself on the uniqueness of Christianity.

Judaism and Christianity branch out from the Old Testament. Jesus Christ created Christianity at the completion of His resurrection. And people responded. Converts of Christianity simply recognized prophecy regarding the Messiah that God promised in the Old Testament; Jews did not. Christians didn't borrow anything.

Hinduism sprung around the time the book of Genesis was written by Moses. Hinduism since its birth, has EVOLVED over the years, to include the concept of god(s). The trimurti of Brahman was established between 800 to 300 B.C. In what way have Christians borrowed or shared Hindu beliefs?

Paganism is a polytheistic religion, and is not based on doctrine or liturgy. Paganism covers a wide host of beliefs, to include the worship of goddesses. Christianity on the other hand is based on doctrine; the Word of God, and is monotheistic. I really don't understand your point. They are totally opposite.

I am not trying to argue with you. I'm just having a discussion.

Yes you did copy and paste, and no you didnt refer to the source until i have pointed this out.

The fact that many Christian rituals come from pagans, is just that - a fact.

ushomefree
lil bitchiness

(Ha ha ha), I did not copy and paste that message. I typed it from a book I have at home. I just wanted to be thorough. What's the problem? Are we to present facts, or gripe over whether I use the copy and paste method? Who cares? Sheesh man, you are killing me! Please name a few Christian rituals, and reveal your source. Thank you.

ushomefree
lil bitchiness

I just noticed... there is a comparitive study of world religions advertised on the lower right hand corner of this page. Check it out. Take care.

debbiejo
lil bitchiness

( Please name a few Christian rituals, and reveal your source. Thank you. Christian rituals would be baptising, eating the blood and body, Trinity, believing in a resurrection....All stem from earlier sources of pagan beliefs...That's only a few, then there are the miracles, miraculous birth, water into wine, walking on water...all kinds of stories... smile

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa.htm

You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page...

"Study of the world's religions will lead to an understanding of religious diversity.
Understanding of religion will lead to inter-religious dialogue.
Dialogue will lead to peace among religions..
Peace among religions will lead to peace among the nations

ushomefree
debbiejo

A ritual is a prescribed order of performing rites, or a procedure regularly followed. By this definition, used in conjuction with world religions, Christianity has nothing of the sort when applied to its core values. For example, Muslims must repeat a creed about Allah and Muhammad, recite certain prayers in Arabic five times a day, give to the needy, one month each year fast from food, drink, sex and smoking from sunrise to sunset and lastly, make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in their lifetime. These are rituals that MUST be practiced to reach paradise. Christianity has no such rituals to obtain eternal life; only faith in Jesus Christ can save the Christian. Not good works.

Do Christians baptise converts? Yes, but it is not neccessary for slavation. Baptism is only an outward expression of inner change. The trinity, the resurrection and miracles performed by Jesus Christ have nothing to do with rituals, but have everything to do with beliefs. Christianity and Paganism may have simularites; all religions do, especially dealing with morality. However, that is secondary and outside of the issue. When faced with world religion, fundamentally, they are all indeed, very different. Just because human anatomy (with all its various parts) consists of two eyes, and two ears doesn't make me a field mouse.

Mithro and other so called deities? Do you believe in the opposing forces of good and evil? If so, what is the purpose of each? One strives in truth, and the other in deceit. Read the book of Revelation, or better yet, purchase "Revelation Unveiled" written by Tim LaHaye. The book simply breaks scripture down verse by verse to better understand it. The antichrist during the Great Tribulation makes every effort to decieve the masses into thinking that he is God, and will even demand worship of himself. Satan has been at work for a long time. Some religions are merely cultural based, and others were birthed by demonic spirits bent on decieving. Imposters are soon forgotten, but the truth always stands the test of time. Nobody talks about Mithro, and Greek Mythology lacks the power to change lives.

The three most powerful religions in the world are Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. Monotheistic religions. And guess what? Each of those uses the Old Testament scriptures inspired by God. Two of the three deny the deity of Jesus Christ, while the other, simply recognizes fullfilled prophecy from the OT and wrote about it, much like a news journalist would any other event. One religion speaks the truth, while the others have members that are decieved.

I gotta eat dinner (ha ha ha)! Debbiejo... nice talk. I want to keep this friendly. If I missed anything, just tell me. Take care.

debbiejo

Mithro and other so called deities? Do you believe in the opposing forces of good and evil? If so, what is the purpose of each? One strives in truth, and the other in deceit. Read the book of Revelation, or better yet, purchase "Revelation Unveiled" written by Tim LaHaye. The book simply breaks scripture down verse by verse to better understand it. The antichrist during the Great Tribulation makes every effort to decieve the masses into thinking that he is God, and will even demand worship of himself. Satan has been at work for a long time. Some religions are merely cultural based, and others were birthed by demonic spirits bent on decieving. Imposters are soon forgotten, but the truth always stands the test of time. Nobody talks about Mithro, and Greek Mythology lacks the power to change lives.

No not Tim LaHayewallbash.....He has so much fiction in his writings.....a rich rich guy for all his propaganda....

The point is that Christianity was copied from old beliefs. Same miracles, and stories....I don't believe in demonic spirits, but only one source of power that has polarities just like the world works, in polarities...And Revelations were only visions, symbolic, not even proven to be written by the same John...The guy was on something probably too...j/k......But according to scripture the Dome of the Rock must be destroyed for a temple to be built for sacrifices to start up again, then then be put an in to....(which that scripture in Daniel was taken out of context) along with the covenant to be made...It clearly doesn't say a covenant to be made, it says a covenant to be confirmed, which means that there was already one made....Which isn't the case today......

Yep, I want to keep this friendly.......... smile

Now, If the Temple starts being built, I might reconsider.....LOL

ushomefree
debbiejo

The book "Revelation Unveiled" by Tim Lahaye is NOT a fictional book. It was written to help people understand the scriptures better. Revelation as you know contains alot of symbolism. His book is a learning tool (ha ha ha)! It is not a fictional story from Mr. Lahaye's mind. Sheesh... girl, do you think I am that lame? The book covers the entire book of Revelation. Yes, I know that Tim writes fictional books, but that is not ALL he writes. He also writes books on Apologetics, prophecy, and books about books of the Bible. Such is the case for "Revelation Unveiled."

The entire book of Revelation deals with prophecy. So when the book was written, John wouldn't be writing about history in his lifetime. John was writing about history to come... and the temple will be rebuilt. The bible has been right so far. Most prophecy (a fair percent would be 95%) left to be fullfilled deals with the end times. Prophecy is a tool that God uses to teach people that the Bible is true. But, some, even after the temple is rebuilt, will claim that scipture was munipulated and that scriptures was taken out of context (ha ha ha)! If we are alive to see it, you will see (ha ha ha)! People will say whatever. But, people that give it time and effort to research will be amazed. The criticism towards Christianity is never ending.

debbiejo, I'm probably going to dissapear for awhile? I will write soon. What happened to Finti? Where is he?

debbiejo
debbiejo

The book "Revelation Unveiled" by Tim Lahaye is NOT a fictional book. It was written to help people understand the scriptures better. Revelation as you know contains alot of symbolism. His book is a learning tool (ha ha ha)! It is not a fictional story from Mr. Lahaye's mind. Sheesh... girl, do you think I am that lame? The book covers the entire book of Revelation. Yes, I know that Tim writes fictional books, but that is not ALL he writes. He also writes books on Apologetics, prophecy, and books about books of the Bible. Such is the case for "Revelation Unveiled."

The entire book of Revelation deals with prophecy. So when the book was written, John wouldn't be writing about history in his lifetime. John was writing about history to come... and the temple will be rebuilt. The bible has been right so far. Most prophecy (a fair percent would be 95%) left to be fullfilled deals with the end times. Prophecy is a tool that God uses to teach people that the Bible is true. But, some, even after the temple is rebuilt, will claim that scipture was munipulated and that scriptures was taken out of context (ha ha ha)! If we are alive to see it, you will see (ha ha ha)! People will say whatever. But, people that give it time and effort to research will be amazed. The criticism towards Christianity is never ending.

debbiejo, I'm probably going to dissapear for awhile? I will write soon. What happened to Finti? Where is he? Tim LaHaye is just another author to make money off his interpretation of the book of Rev....He's not a real researcher....I'll respond more on this later.....As for finti.......he left, had other things to attend to..........We'll miss his replies for sure.

ushomefree
debbiejo

What do you mean Tim Lahaye is not a real researcher? He is a minister, and NATIONALLY recognized speaker on Bible prophecy. He is president of Tim Lahaye Ministries, and founder of the Pre-Trib Research Center. Before you make claims about a book that someone wrote, you should read it first. C'mon, you haven't even read it and your making assumptions about it. How? Why? The book "Revelation Unveiled" was NOT purchased in the "Religious Fiction" section. It's NOT a fictional book debbiejo, and Tim is careful enough to voice other views regarding the meaning of scripture and so forth, NOT just his own. His book is very well written, and it has helped me learn alot about the book of Revelation. You should check it out, and reach your own conclusions. I bought it at Barnes & Nobles for 15.99. The book has 378 pages. You can have it read in a couple of days if not less. This book has nothing to do with the FICTIONAL left behind series. They are fictional. Everybody knows that. That is why they are in the "Religious Fictional" section. Give me a break will ya (ha ha ha)! smile Why are you being so difficult?

debbiejo
I know all about Tim Lahayes books and his stance on pre-trib rapture, which speaking about a pre trib rapture, it isn't even in scripture...It's some verse taken out of context in Thess, I think and fitted in to make the theory work...Going back to Darby and Scholfields work....the early Christians didn't believe in a pre trib rapture.......I regard his books as fictional..........Not an original idea at all.....

Storm
Timothy LaHaye is a fundamentalist conservative Christian. That says enough.

ushomefree
debbiejo

The Pre-Trib view is held by a majority of Christians. I am not saying that they are right, they may be wrong? Tim Lahaye regards the Pre-Trib as the most supported view in biblical scripture. That is his opinion, and he may be wrong? I, myself do not have strong beliefs on the issue. Pre, Mid or Post Trib? I really don't care. If I didn't know you any better, I'd get the impression that you feel as though Tim is spreading obsurd dogmatic heresy that the Rapture has already occurred or something. This conversation has become something of idiocy. I'll see you on the next thread. Take care debbiejo, and you too Storm. Latah.

debbiejo
debbiejo

The Pre-Trib view is held by a majority of Christians. I am not saying that they are right, they may be wrong? Tim Lahaye regards the Pre-Trib as the most supported view in biblical scripture. That is his opinion, and he may be wrong? I, myself do not have strong beliefs on the issue. Pre, Mid or Post Trib? I really don't care. If I didn't know you any better, I'd get the impression that you feel as though Tim is spreading obsurd dogmatic heresy that the Rapture has already occurred or something. This conversation has become something of idiocy. I'll see you on the next thread. Take care debbiejo, and you too Storm. Latah. The reason I have problem with the pre trib rapture, is if you are really a believer, and not quite living what you know you should be, then it gives you another chance to be saved at the end of the Tribulation....And that would be a lie. The pre trib view gives another chance...But scripture doesn't hold true to this view at all...It's just been since the late 1800's that this view came into being starting as I said with Darby and Scholfield...

That verse in Thess, is combinded with Daniel all taken out of context and history and then Revelations is added, which could have many meanings...

For instance The king on the white horse.

1. One theory is that this is the antichrist because he holds a sword....Coming on a "White" horse meaning it's a false peace a false god.

2. This theory says is Jesus coming on a "White" horse..coming in the name of vengence.

The fact that the book of Rev. had been taken out of the cannon at least 3 or 4 times....gee, what if it was never included again, what would that do to the view of the end times..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.