Vader In Sith Language

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Exador
Vader=Dreaded Torturer

DeVi| D0do
No.

Da preacher
And where did you get this information, huh?

mace=badass
Vader....... Invader. Make sense?

Da preacher
What is wrong with all you guys?

Can't you see you're destroying this forum?

'Invader' huh? What are you thinking?

xyz jedi
Yeah, Darth means in. Invader, Insidious. Darth Maul doesn't count because he died like a little b!tch. Now the sith rejects.

Darth Flateable
Darth Vinsible
Darth Destructable
Darth Vulnerable
Darth Between
Darth Fluenza
Darth Toxicated
Darth Genius
Darth Continent
Darth Fusion
Darth Firm
Darth Turnal Bleeding
Darth Quizitive
Darth Bred
Mother Darth Law
And many many more.

mace=badass
Just a thought.
Vader. Invader.
Tyrannus. Tyrant.
Maul. Maul, like you cut their head off.
Sidious.... Idon't know.................hidious???

xyz jedi
They're just names.

Jedi Priestess
Where the hell were you guys we when had this this and the other 40 duplicate threads that have been opened this week?? And for the life of me I fail to see why pressing that search button is so difficult for you lazy b*stards.

exanda kane
Originally posted by mace=badass
Just a thought.
Vader. Invader.
Tyrannus. Tyrant.

Well, heres another thought. Study up. Go to school. Learn some shit. Make a decent post etc.

I'm afraid I will debase myself by joining in this;

Vader=Invader .......that ones pathetic

Tyrannus=Tyrant........how long did it take you to work that one out?

Maul=Maul, like you cut their head off.......you obviously dont know what Maul means....

Sidious=You dont know?......It's blatantly Insidious ok. Look it up in the dictionary and you'll understand why it's used.

My debasement is over.

Exador
FINE!!!! CLOSE THE D*MN TOPIC!!! mad mad

Captain REX
For the love of God, what the hell is going on?

The names of the Sith Lords usually reflect their demeanor or something about them.

Darth Maul = Maul, he massacres people and things
Darth Sidious = Insidious, he is scheming, deceitful, with harmful intent, etc.
Darth Tyranus = Tyrant, Dooku is a corrupted wealthy nobleman with too much power and money
Darth Traya = Betrayal, she was betrayed by her Sith apprentices
Darth Nihilus = ..., some Latin or Greek word for 'nothing,' which is what he makes people with his powers...that or Nihilism...

Common sense says that Vader = Father in Dutch/German/Rexanese, because guess what? He was a father. Invader seems to...shallow.

b-dan
i think it means power

mace=badass
It was just a thought................... a very dumb thought.

mandalorian_war
"QUOTEWhat is wrong with all you guys?

Can't you see you're destroying this forum?

'Invader' huh? What are you thinking?"QUOTE

srry but this forum has been killed since march

exanda kane
indeed

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by mandalorian_war

srry but this forum has been killed since march

yep with the debut of the teaser trailer it was all over messed

Quiero Mota
"Vader" means father in Dutch, so maybe thats it? Since he was Luke's dad? no se.....

palpy_666
I personally think "INvader" makes sense. "INsidious" makes sense for Sidious since the deffinition of "insidious" means shadowy or behind the scenes (which fits Sidious perfectly). INvader makes sense too-- think about it for just a moment...

Vader INvaded the Jedi temple as his first assignment. Then he INvaded the seperatist gathering on Mustafar. Afterwards we know he INvaded the Tantive IV in Episode IV... then Hoth in Episode V... and Bespin. He is deffinately an INvader.

This just makes sense considering the INsidious and Tyranus=Tyrant thing.

chinabing
Vader is a town in Washington state. Entemology-wise, the dictionary says "invade" is from Latin "invadere," from in- & "vadere" meaning "to go." Invade = to go in. It's an evil-sounding name and is close to father, no wonder Lucas chose it.

darthvader_fan
get a load of this........

"Darth" means Dark
"Vader" means father

Dark Father rather than Darth Vader

ArthasKnight
I think people are reading too much into the father thing.

Personally, I think Lucas believed 'Vader' to be cool-sounding and used it. There doesn't need to be some deeper meaning behind everything.

Alkaselzer
Personally, I don't see why it would be Invader.

Using INvader and INsidious lacks any logic whatsoever, really. INtyrant? INmaul? No...

kremzike
Originally posted by xyz jedi
Darth Between

best thing in this thread

palpy_666
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Personally, I don't see why it would be Invader.

Using INvader and INsidious lacks any logic whatsoever, really. INtyrant? INmaul? No...

Of course it wouldn't be INtyrant or INmaul, numb nuts. That's just plain stupid, just like you. INsidious is an actual word as is INvader thus my argument is perfectly logical. Get a dictionary and at least an elementary school diploma and then I may consider discussing things with you again.

BAILY
Vader = pussy...

Trust me.. it is all onscreen....

Alkaselzer
Originally posted by palpy_666
Of course it wouldn't be INtyrant or INmaul, numb nuts. That's just plain stupid, just like you. INsidious is an actual word as is INvader thus my argument is perfectly logical. Get a dictionary and at least an elementary school diploma and then I may consider discussing things with you again.

Watch it, noob. It's not at all logical. My reasoning is that if you're going to apply it to two of them, you will probably have to apply it to all of them. It's not a good argument, and telling me that I'm an idiot just lowers your point further.

Captain REX
Seriously.

Mišt
'Invader' hysterical

I can just imagine that convo....

S: "You shall be Darth......uhh...let me think.....hmm...Vader!"
A: "Vader?"
S: "Yes Vader....get it? INvader? Because you'll go and do lots of...invading....and...stuff..."
A: "That seems kind of lame, why can't I have a better name?"
S: "No, shut up b!tch, your name is Vader because you invade! Now go do some invading!"

Vader is Vader. Who really, REALLY gives a flying toss whether it means something or not. Its a cool name, it doesnt need a meaning.

Council#13
Originally posted by mace=badass
Just a thought.
Vader. Invader.
Tyrannus. Tyrant.

Sidious, INsidious: insidious means in a treacherous way

darthvader fan i agree with ur father thing

overlord
Well, it certainly can't be 'father' as Lucas made up the name 'vader' long before someone made up that it would be cool to have Darth Vader be Luke's father.
So in conclusion; Vader never had anything to do with father as he originally was just another general who even died at the death star in the original version.

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by BAILY
Vader = pussy...

Trust me.. it is all onscreen....

Yeah eek!

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
Well, it certainly can't be 'father' as Lucas made up the name 'vader' long before someone made up that it would be cool to have Darth Vader be Luke's father.
So in conclusion; Vader never had anything to do with father as he originally was just another general who even died at the death star in the original version. but Vader is dutch for Father. Or is that coincidence.

I would love to see Darth Fluenza!!!

I got it from a site called gprime.net in flash. the sith rejects

overlord
I know it is Dutch for father but as my arguments proved, it just can't be a spin on father.

xyz jedi
Vader=father.

Maybe it's, Dark Father, Dark Senile, Dark Ball, Dark Terrify. How can dooku be a tyrant? He was never king. laughing out loud

overlord
Just shut up.. just shut up.. miffed

xyz jedi
N
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
!!!
N
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
!!!

xyz jedi
*ahem*

no.

regnitS
it was cool when sith said "lord vader you are the chosen one', I got chills but not in a sexual way

overlord
Nah, I didn't find that sentence exiting at all..

yerssot
Originally posted by Captain REX
Common sense says that Vader = Father in Dutch/German/Rexanese, because guess what? He was a father. Invader seems to...shallow.
Common sense says that Vader isn't Father in German, because guess what? The German word for Father is Vater, not Vader.

(had to say that wink)

xyz jedi
similar though. It's pronounced Farter!!! laughing
I doubt it's Vader in Rexanese. Maybe in Rexanese it's Fader

yerssot
It's pronounced Vater, not Farter stick out tongue

xyz jedi
no it's not.

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I think people are reading too much into the father thing.

Personally, I think Lucas believed 'Vader' to be cool-sounding and used it. There doesn't need to be some deeper meaning behind everything. i doubt it read the dictionary Vader means father

queeq
THere was once a nice theory, that GL used aggressive words and just dropped part of the word to make SW.

(IN) Vader - says it all
(IN) Sidious - ditto
(IN) Maul - a compulsive shopper

But the Tyrannus came along and that theory went out of the window.

Anyway, any intelligent additions? Or this thread is dead.

Captain REX
I just realized that this whole thread was basically a joke because of the 'Darth = In!' video. Thank you, flaming idiots...

Now, onto other news, Xyz has no idea how to speak Rexanese. I am alone in that department, along with a select few.

queeq
THen this thread is over... methinks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.